5. Douche
  6. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Futanari
  4. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy (High and Low), Sci-Fi, Modern Fantasy, Modern Realistic, Apocalypse, Drama, Romance... I have lots of interests!
Just tried to view someone's blog, who I am following on Iwaku.

Got this message:
IwakuRoleplay.com - Error
You cannot see the blog because the user has his privacy options (privacy -> can view your blog) to "Followers", and the blog author is NOT following you.
If I set my blog privacy saying "who can view my blog" to "followers," that should mean that my followers can view my blog. Not "only the people I follow can view my blog."

I am not seeing where the error is. O_O

If you are viewing someone else's post, and they have it set to Followers Only, that means only people that THEY follow can view the post. Not just the people that follow them. >>

This is because Following isn't always mutual. You can't approve/deny who follows you, anyone can do it. The setting is for only who YOU follow, because those are your approved people.

If only followers can view my blog, that should mean that only people who follow me can view my blog.

If it were "following" that would make sense because then only people who I follow can view my blog.

Maybe it's just a matter of semantics, let me try to rephrase a little more simply.

Hypothetical:
Fatal is following Ai. Ai has her blog set so that only followers can view her blog.

This should mean that Fatal can view Ai's blog.

Currently, Fatal can only view Ai's blog if Ai is following Fatal (regardless whether Fatal is following Ai).

The wording is bad, yes, but if you want your followers vs people you follow, you use global or unrestricted or whatever we use here.

Status
Not open for further replies.