evening on thur , fri, and sat
Writing Levels
  1. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
  3. Nonbinary
Genres
dragon age series, asoiaf series, erotic, dark fantasy, high fantasy, suspense, adventure
how do we customize our blog? is there anything specific we have to do? i've been trying to upload a wallpaper to the blog for a 'background' but it keeps saying the uploaded file is invalid, so i'm wondering what the requirements are to have customization or if this is just a file problem...

I've never used blogs, but as far as I can tell, DIV codes do work, so you should be able to use the background image div code? I'm not sure what you mean by 'trying to upload' a wallpaper, though.

The blogs is a super old add-on on XF that is no longer supported... Is it possible the image was too large? You might to trial-and-error a bit, I'm not sure if anyone has the specifics for uploading background images and the like o__o

The blogs is a super old add-on on XF that is no longer supported... Is it possible the image was too large? You might to trial-and-error a bit, I'm not sure if anyone has the specifics for uploading background images and the like o__o

It was really weird. I uploaded a small square- not large at all- and that didn't work. Then I tried uploading a wallpaper size and that didn't work either.

I've never used blogs, but as far as I can tell, DIV codes do work, so you should be able to use the background image div code? I'm not sure what you mean by 'trying to upload' a wallpaper, though.

I go to "customize my blog" and I'm presented with a way to upload an image.

I go to "customize my blog" and I'm presented with a way to upload an image.

It's possible it's too large of an image then. Did you try something else in a smaller size and see if that worked?

It's possible it's too large of an image then. Did you try something else in a smaller size and see if that worked?

Yes. A square, I'd say it's something around 300x300 but that didn't work. Maybe I should try something even smaller?

Hmm... that seems odd - usually items you upload can be bigger than 300x300 0-o... I wonder if it does, as Pahn suggested, have to do with the add-on being ancient >_<

Hmm... that seems odd - usually items you upload can be bigger than 300x300 0-o... I wonder if it does, as Pahn suggested, have to do with the add-on being ancient >_<

Possibly. D:

Sucks because I've seen some backgrounds on other blogs but forgot which blogs... Well, I can't do much except trial and error, if I want to do the customization. I'll leave it be for now.

Thank you both for the help!

• Love
Reactions: Elle Joyner
Possibly. D:

Sucks because I've seen some backgrounds on other blogs but forgot which blogs... Well, I can't do much except trial and error, if I want to do the customization. I'll leave it be for now.

Thank you both for the help!

Good luck!! :) Hope it works out for ya!

Status
Not open for further replies.