3. 1-3 posts per week
Writing Levels
  1. Adept
  2. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Primarily Prefer Female
Genres
Fantasy (high, low and anything in between), modern, medieval, anything that'll keep me at the edge of my seat. Romance is absolutely necessary. And fluff. Just a lil bit.
"Fucking hell," Elliot cursed. He had been trying to cook dinner for him and April, but because he was not as gifted in the culinary arts as his boundlessly talented roommate, things were not boding very well for him. Drawing his forefinger up, he examined the cut, before deciding its requirement of a bandage.

"A nickel in the cursing jar, Eli!" Called April. She chuckled from across their apartment. Their dynamic was an odd one, as most would speculate, but it worked out well for them, so who was anyone to judge. The layout of their apartment was fairly simple: 2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, a kitchen, a living room that was parted by a rice screen--divided into a library and an art studio. It was a mutually agreed upon rule that no one was to play their music out loud, as their tastes varied greatly and a song that aided in one's concentration only aided in another's irritation.

Eli was not a broadly built man, with rather soft features defining him. He stood at a good 5'7" (170 cm), a lanky figure and a pair of nonfunctional eyes that were permanently shut. He could open them, of course, but it was simply a dull shade of green amber that April kept telling him looked really cool, but Eli refuted the claim. His skin was an olive peachy color, with his only prominent feature being a head of midnight hair that would aggressively spike up in the, which no amount of mollifying coercion (in the form of hair gel) could quell.

On the other hand, almost every single feature of April's stood out, from the roots of her hair to the sound of her name. An artist, it would be almost second nature for her sense of fashion to be entirely too ridiculous for Eli to make any sense out of, but she looked pretty and he had to applaud her for that. She had a slightly more fit physique, thicker thighs and all, chestnut hair with the eyes to match. Her skin was pale, as she had her cultural roots in South Korea. Other than that, she was just your everyday friendly neighborhood lesbian.

Eli cursed as he shuffled through April's stack of papers in the bathroom cabinet, yelling at her to stop leaving her random sketches in random places. A little bit of blood dripped from his hand onto her drawings, to which Eli paused for a moment, simply staring at the paper. Oh, hell no, April was going to absolutely maul him. He quickly picked up the paper to see if it was of importance, and saw something that honestly caught him off guard. It looked like a pentagram, or some sort of similar satanic symbol. Was there something she wasn't telling him? Was she-- Eli paused--in a cult?

"Hey... April, come in here for a moment."

"Yeah, dude? What's up?" She asked, swinging around the corner of the bathroom. She suddenly froze. A cloud of pitch black was looming behind Eli, and something seemingly akin to a hole to the fucking underworld opened up behind him. A tall, towering figure emerged from the opening.

"Eli."

"So, I might have accidentally maybe possibly bled onto one of your drawings and--"

"Eli!"

Kodac was doing the same thing he'd been doing for about a week now - lying upside down on the couch -which was made of the skin of something or other - in his living room, head on the ground. "Blagh." He grumbled quietly, snapping his fingers together to create a small spark, which grew into a small sized ball of fire. He tossed it against the wall, where it caused a small explosion, spitting sparks out towards the floor. It didn't make a single mark on the wall, however. The only hint of it's existence was the trails of smoke slowly rising upwards towards the ceiling.

Kodac was an average sized individual, about 5"6, fairly skinny too. He had barely any muscle to speak of, that he did have wasn't visible. His hair, short and a variety of different shade of blues hid a small set of black ivory horns, razor sharp, smooth and shiny. His eyes are a bright yellow in color, with a ring of orange around the iris.

The young demon male was about to toss another ball of fire towards the wall, when a shimmering crack opened up in the material, slowly opening up, forming a swirling black cloud. "Yiss, finally" Dax grinned to himself, rolling quickly off the couch and jumping up from the ground, strolling over to the wall. He paused in front of it for a second, rubbing his hands together and preparing himself. He wondered who was going to be on the other side... He hoped it wasn't some fat, peodophilic 50 year old again... Ah well, only one way to find out. He mused, before stepping through, emerging on the other size in the two roommates apartment.

He looked around, a scowl on his face, before fixing his eyes on the guy with his back to him. "The fuck do you want?" He asked, voice monotone.... Though it did have a slight hint of irritation in it. He shoved his hands in his pockets, briefly casting a glance to the other person in the room, April.

(It's a bit short, sorry. Shorter than yours, anyway. Had to rush a little, Taxi's here, gotta get to the hospital.)

Eli turned to his seemingly extremely distressed friend in confusion. She looked like she had seen a fucking demon rise from the pits of hell or something. Before he could ask if she was alright, a coarse voice suddenly breathed on his neck, making him jump. Whipping his head around, he stared at the person that was in their bathroom, backing up to the sinks.

"The fuck I want? The fuck you want? Get out of our bathroom!" He screeched, indignant. He couldn't see the man, but judging by his voice, he looked to be around their age, not much taller than him either. "How did you even get in here? There's no windows! The front door? How long have you been in this apartment?" He asked, more speculating to himself than anything. Turning to April, he held up the scraps of paper she had drawn.

"And dude. What the hell is this?"

April, the weakling she is, had passed out, and hit her head on the doorframe. "April? April, did you pass out?" He asked, and when a chirpy reply never came, he sighed. Steadily, he used an arm to guide him to the door frame, bending down to tap her, and when he found her, he threw her over his shoulder. She was a small person, lightweight too; not too difficult.

"See, now look what you've done. She passed out. Now whoever you are, explain whatever the fuck just happened. Come on." He ushered, walking to the bed. He had to feel the blankets before laying her down, however.

(No worries. Have a safe trip, whatever you may need in a hospital.)

Last edited:
"You called me, ya bloody fool! How the hell do you think I got here? Do you not the the massive fucking swirly thing filling the space behind me?" He retorted, a deep growl to his voice. With a quick turn of his head he realised the 'massive fucking swirly thing' had dissappeared. "Nevermind..." He muttered."

Kodak snickered as he looked to the smaller woman on the floor, looking over her, amusement twinkling in his eyes.
"Not my fault she fainted, geeze." He replied, following the male to the bed. "Name's Kodac, nice to meetcha dumbass. You summoned me, so I arrived. How's that explanation? Good enough? No? Well... Tough shit." He added, taking a seat on the edge of the bed, before lying down accross it, spreading out, narrowly avoiding laying any of his body over April.

"So... Are you gonna tell me what you want me to do, or are you just gonna leave me stuck lying here." He drawled, reaching a hand up to scratch at the side of his head.

Eli rubbed his face. This was a lot to process. The thing he'd supposedly summoned didn't seem to get the memo that he was blind. He would sometimes make it a game with people he met, how long it would take them to understand that he could not see out of both his eyes. He would think they could tell because he constantly kept his eyes closed, but he guessed not.

They both looked to April as she sat up, groaning. She rubbed her head sluggishly, the spot where she had hit it, presumably. She looked from Eli to the demon laying on her bed next to them and rubbed her eyes, just to make sure she wasn't dreaming.

"Eli, there's a demon laying on our bed. Did you- oh you bled on my drawings, didn't you? Jesus christ, Eli. I didn't think they would actually work, though. They were just doodles I copied from this book I lent from a friend." She told him, speculating to herself for the most part.

"Yeah. You need to keep your shit more organized dude. And that's right. Kodac, was it? Eli here, and this is April, the dumbass who wrote those satantic scriptures in the first place. Alright. So let me get this straight. I summoned you from the underworld with my paper cut and now you're here to, what, buy my soul?" He said, running a hand through his hair.

"Wait, your name is Kodac?" She snickered, holding in her laughter. "Like- like the camera?"

Dax rolled his eyes as he listened to the two converse, yawning. "Buy your soul?" He piped up, as he was addressed by the other male. "The hell kinda shit have you been watching? Why would I want your soul? What would I do with it? That's just stupid..." He scoffed, flipping himself upwards into a sitting position at the edge of the bed. "I'm here waiting for you to tell me what you want me to do. Generally when people summon a demon, they do it purposely, with a job in mind... Clearly you did not. So I'm here until you figure out how to get rid of me." He said, flashing a grin to the two.

That grin quickly faded as the female spoke up, a scowl forming once again on his face. "I'm sorry, a what? Camera? I'm afraid your girlfriend doesn't know how to speak, she's making up useless words." He said, voice emotionless as he looked between the two others in the room. "Anyway, April. Isn't that a... Uh.." He paused for a second, thinking. "Moth..?" He shrugged, giving his head a quick shake. "Anyway, it's stupid. So shut up."

Living in the underworld was quite different from up top. Alot of the things that humans had, the demons didn't. Like Camera's, for example. Sometimes the odd demon or two would take something from the other world, such as a TV or books, so certain rare items could be found there. None of the animals were the same, either. Some were similar, sure, but still very very different.
Kodac, having only been summoned one other time, was clueless to alot of things, and had much to learn.

Eli sighed as the demon explained his purpose here. Clearly, he didn't know what to do with a demon. Maybe scare some Christian 'conversion therapists'? Give that handsy client April was complaining about a good whooping? Cook? Could a demon cook for them?

At the word girlfriend, both Eli and April shared a disgusted look. "WE'RE GAY." They both shouted in unison. Indeed, the pair had been confused for a couple many a time, and each occasion had brought a new type of uncomfortable. At that point, they were tired of awkward explanations.

Eli looked at him, confused, before bursting into laughter at his moth comment. "Moth. Moth? Jesus fucking Christ dude, month. It's month. You have every single curse word in your vocabulary but you don't know what a month is." He teased. April had to keep from laughing.

"Eli! Stop being rude to our guest."

"Guest? He's a demon! Ugh, okay, fine. Kodac. Come over here for a second. April, you stay over there, I swear, you are not passing out again. Get up and I will maul you." He told her sternly, ushering the demon up and out of the room. He decided to see how much of the human world Kodac knew about.

"Geeze, don't gotta yell. He likes sucking dick an you like.. Other stuff. Good for you. No nee to murder my ears." He grumbled, obviously not very impressed with the raised volume at which the two had responded.

"Oh shut up... It's the same bloody thing. Month, moth, what's the difference." He snorted, wrinkling his nose somewhat.
"Move? Why would I want to do that... I'm quite comfortable here." He complained, but rose from the bed nonethless and followed Eli out of the room.

"So what do you want? I assume you want something. If not I'll... Set your friend on fire." Kodac threatened, before ignoring the male completely and wondering off towards another room, the kitchen he assumed, judging by the layout and smell of food.

Humming quietly to himself he opened up one of the cupboards, peering inside, reaching a hand in to rummage about.

"Alright, mom." April rolled her eyes, waving him off. She was tired, anyway, and decided that she was in need of a good nap, as the past night had been spent with a pot of coffee and a paintbrush, despite all of Eli's worried protests.

She, however, did hear Kodac's threat, and a crafty smile tickled her lips. "You touch me and I'll rip that tail off and feed it to vultures." She called. Eli chuckled. "Yeah, you might not want to mess with her. I might not be able to save your sorry ass." He informs Kodac.

Eli, because he never left the house for any reason other than work, had grown skilled in navigating their apartment without much difficulty--he certainly didn't need a cane or Rufus. Though, he still sometimes needs to raise his arm a little, keeping his fingertips gliding along the walls.

IMG_0782.jpg
Rufus
It was a minute or so into talking to himself when Eli realized that Kodac was, in fact, not in his presence. He groaned. Little shit probably figured out he was blind and supposed he could just walk off without a word.

"Kodac!" He called. "Kodac, Kodac where the fuck did you go? Stop being a toddler, we already have a dog in the house!" Just as he said that, Rufus had apparently awoken from his slumber, barking up a storm as he raced to the kitchen, looking for the strange smelling intruder and immedietly started pawing at his leg, sniffing. Rufus wasn't a violent dog, but he was an alert one. When he had decided that Kodac was a friend of his human, he let out a low gruff and sat down.

"Kodac? Are you in the kitchen?" He asked slowly, finding his way there, fingertips touching the walls as he approached the demon. Reaching his free arm out, his hand made its way to Kodac's face, to which Eli held there for a moment, before retracting. "There you are."

Kodac froze, stopping what he was doing and slowly taking a step back to stare at the dog. "I think something's wrong with your hound" He called out with a frown, not bothering to answer the males question. The versions of dogs in the Underworld were quite different. For one, they were always black, and alot more aggressive looking.

He was just about to reach out and poke Rufus, when Eli came into the kitchen. He straightened back up, raising an eyebrow at the male.

Up until now he hadn't noticed that the male was blind, he was quite oblivious. But seeing how the male navigated his way over, it was kind of hard to miss. "Woah. Thanks dude, for feeling up my face. I don't know what I'd ever have done otherwise." He drawled sarcastically, wondering off to the other side of the room to rummage through a different cupboard. "Have you got any actual food in here? This is supposed to be a food place right? All I can find are useless cardboard shapes and metal tubes. Why do you need so much useless junk?" Kodac complained, glancing out the corner of his eye to the dog. "Or I could just eat that..." He muttered, scrunching his nose up.

"Oh, shut up. I can't see, you fucking onion." He defended, flicking the demon's forehead. He almost couldn't believe this demon's manners--or lack thereof. He was almost furious, but was simply too tired to give the demon a scolding. Besides, April was better at that. She was like the chill mom friend.

"The food's inside the container, dimwit. Do you not have packaging in hell, you heathen? Look." He sighed, grabbing a box of what he presumed to be cereal. He reached inside and took out a packet of, after feeling it, Fruit Loops. Eli grabbed a bowl from the cabinet, the milk jug, and made Kodac a bowl of cereal. "There. It's good. We usually have it in the morning, but cereal is a versatile meal." Eli informed him, finding a spoon before holding it out to him.

"If you're not a milk person, we also have coke. It's this fizzy drink. Good stuff. Oh, and also water." Eli added. "You do know what water is, right?" At this point, he wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

"No. We don't have alot of things you have, dumbass." He retorted, watching the male intently, head tilting somewhat to the side as the male tipped the multi-coloured hoops into a bowl and added the milk. The male took the bowl and lifted it up to his mouth, sniffing at it. It smelt intoxicatingly sweet... Much more so than he'd ever had before. There wasn't alot of sweet stuff in the Underworld, and what there was had horrible side affects, so weren't often eaten except by the inexperienced.

He placed the bowl down on the counter and fiddled with the spoon for a moment, tapping it against the side of the bowl. He was familiar with the idea of cutlery, he'd just never used it before.
Cautiously he raised a spoonful to his mouth, -on his third attempt. The first two the cereal has simply slid off the spoon.- chewing it tentatively before swallowing. "That's cold." He mumbled with a frown, sliding his tongue around his lips. It wasn't bad, though. The taste was indescribable, as he'd never tasted anything that could even slightly compare to it before. It was extremely sweet, but in a nice way, rather than an overpowering one.

"Water? Of course I know what water is. I'm not a bloody idiot. The hell do you think we drink down there? Blood?" He thought for a moment, taking another bite of the cereal, before adding, "actually, never-mind..."

A chill ran down his spine. They drink blood? Jesus fucking christ. Eli sighed as he slumped to the ground and patted the tiles, wearily beckoning Rufus. "Hey bud." He chuckled at the dog began to lick his face, tail wagging as Eli scratched behind his ear. "Okay buddy. Go give April some loving. She just passed out. Go! Go!" He said with the voice a mother would use to feed her newborn. Rufus sprinted to her room once he pointed.

"Okay, Kodac the camera demon. First. You need to know what a camera is. Wait, do you even show up in pictures? Did you show up in the bathroom mirror?" He asked, sitting up. Despite his apathetic tone, Eli was extremely curious about this supposed demon. It was all still quite surreal, like he'd wake up at any moment with a pounding headache and April chiding him for drinking so much.

"Come on dude. April has one in her study. I'm sure she won't mind."

Last edited:
"I don't know about mirrors and shit... But I know I'm invisible to everyone else and your gay buddy over there." He said, nodding towards the room she was in. "And your weird animals, for some reason. Not all Demons have that ability, though. It's a rare trait... But a good one, comes in handy with assassinations. Means I'll be popular in the summoning department!" He grinned. Different symbols summoned different type of demons. Each symbol was specific to a certain trait. A demon matching all the traits and symbols on the pentagram was summoned. If there were many matching that criteria, then one was picked at random.

There were only 2 or 3 others sharing the trait with him. That did mean that it was possible to end up contracted to two people... Someone could summon you while you were already with someone. Then you had twice the work. It hadn't happened to Kodac yet, though. And he hoped it never would.

Kodac walked off to one of the other doors in the house, which he assumed to be the study.