Blind luck! Er...Minus the luck. [slice of life]

L

LemonBoi

Original poster
Howdy there! I'm Oliver.
Sorry this formatting won't be anything too fancy. I'm looking to play a blind man, so I'm just projecting by not doing fancy visuals.

...Jokes aside, I have vision issues IRL, so a lot of the formatting options here such as changing the text color just make it difficult for me to read. On top of that, I'm on my phone which makes formatting that I can read hard to do. So, prepare for a lot of larger text and bullet points.
With that out of the way, let's get started!

About me and what I'm looking for!
  • As said above, my name is Oliver. I'm 16, and I've been RPing for about 7 years now. Was I good for all of it? Definitely not. However, I'd like to think that I've improved since I was 9.
  • Also as mentioned above, I have vision issues. Please don't do anything crazy with your text. My issues mainly lie with contrast; A few italicized or bolded words or sentences is fine. However, if it's the entire paragraph, I won't be able to read it. When everything stands out, nothing does. It's the same with changing your text color or size. I don't care if it's only a few words or sentences, but if it's the entire reply I'm going to be struggling to respond.​
  • In a good week, I'll likely be replying at least once a day, if not more. At worst, expect a reply once every 1-3 days if I'm not feeling great or am busy. Don't be afraid to give me a bump if you think I've forgotten to reply! I'd prefer a partner who can reply at least once every 3 days. If you can reply more often? Great. If not, no biggie.
  • My replies average about 2-3 paragraphs, although if I'm feeling particularly inspired I'm known to hit 5-7. If I do suddenly reply with a behemoth of text, don't panic. I don't expect you to suddenly match that. 2-3 back is about what I expect.
  • I'd put my typical writing style at elementary or intermediate. I talked about it more in depth in my introduction, but to sum it up, I tend to write more similarly to how my characters would style their writing, and the character I'm looking to play here would be at about that level.​
  • If you're looking for romance, I'm only into MxM or any sort of M x Genderqueer. If you're just looking for friendship RP, though, I'm totally fine with MxF. Is it even MxF if it's not romantic? I got no clue, I'm used to my old sites lingo. I'm gay as hell so I just I find it hard to RP falling in love with a woman considering I'm not attracted to them at all.​
  • Speaking of romance, smut. I'm not against it, but I'm not really looking for it, either. If it happens? Alright. If it doesn't or you're an adult so it can't? Neat. If it happens and you wanna fade to black? Be my guest. It's just not really important to me.​
  • I'm an artist so 90% of my character refs are drawn by me. My style is...sortve anime-esque?​
  • In terms of where I wanna RP, I'd prefer PMs but I'm open to using the forums. They just scare me lmao​

And that should sum up that section.
Next up,
What do I wanna RP?
I'm really only looking for slice of life set in modern times at the moment.

However, I don't really have a strong preference for a plot. I'm an idealess loser.
I just wanna play a blind man in some sort of normal, everyday setting. I'm not new to RPing being blind, I typically do it when I RP in games, but I'm just curious to see how different the experience is in forum RPs.
Currently, I think doing a highschool where our characters would be 16-18 would be nice, but that's just a vague idea. I'm not too attached to specific ages.
I'm a sucker for romance, but it doesn't have to be romantic. I'm equally open to just developing a friendship.
I'm not really creative on my own, I prefer to bounce ideas off of a partner or just let them take the steering wheel.

So...Yeah! If you have any questions or ideas, feel free to respond here or PM me. Whichever works.

Hello! I'm kind of interested in staring and rp with you :) if you want I can pm you or you can pm me and we can talk more!