Blind Hearted

Patrick was already removing the blood-soaked clothing he had on. With or without new clothes, he just wanted to be freed of those messy restraints. "Since there are tags on the clothes, I'll be able to get them on okay," he assured her. Although he was feeling weak, he wasn't entirely helpless. Being unable to get dressed would be sort of embarrassing.

"I'll be here when you get back," Patrick said hoarsely, already pulling on the fresh shirt she got for him. There were bruises on his ribs that caused him pain when stretching, but he made no complaints beyond a grunt. He was indescribably happy to know she'd be staying the night again. Company would keep it easy to forget he was in pain. Not to mention, he owed her some information. The woman he loved deserved to know who and what he was.

"Okay, I'll be back quickly." She said softly before moving quickly.

She grabbed her keys from her pile of books near the door and nearly ran out of the house to her car. In a matter of moments she was in her driveway and running up to the front door, hastily unlocking the front door and slamming it behind her. Everything was now a race, she had to get back to Patrick as soon as she could. She bolted up the stairs and to her room, pulling a duffle bag out of her closet and quickly filling it with everything she would need for the evening. She tossed in her makeup bag and bath items in after her clothing and zipped up the bag before she stomped down the stairs and tossed the bag by the door. She ran into the kitchen and started to rummage through her fridge and cabinets for things she could take.

She grabbed some veggies and noodles and whatever else she could get her hands on and shoved them into a bag. She then slung it over her shoulder and grabbed her night bag. She scribbled a note quickly and left it on the table near the door before heading back out and locking up the house once again. She was then back in her car and driving to Patrick's, parking quickly and grabbing the bags as she headed up to the door. She entered again and took the bags into the kitchen, setting the food on the counter and her night bag on the floor near the door. She then walked over to Patrick's room and peaked inside to see if he was okay.

"Patrick, I'm back..."

While waiting on Rebecca, he laid back on the bed, grunting once his back met with it. He couldn't stop himself from grabbing at his arm where he was bandaged, pain spreading through the entire limb. A mental note was made to ask Rebecca for some sort of pain medication. Normally, he hated to take pills, but it was necessary for this moment. That beating was the most damage he took in a very long time, so his body wasn't taking it very well.

Patrick smiled weakly when she returned, announcing that she was back. "Good. I was beginning to miss you," he replied with a quiet chuckle. The girl wasn't gone that long, but he was honest. Being by himself wasn't pleasant in the least, especially in this condition. His pride wasn't broken, at least. While the battle as a whole wasn't won, that match was still his victory!

"Do you know if I have any Ibuprofen or something?" he asked, then pat at the vacant side of the bed so she'd know to sit beside him.

"I'll go look." She said quickly as she headed over to his bathroom.

Rebecca looked around the medicine cabinet and eventually found a bottle of pain killers. She quicklyed filled a glass with water and pulled out two pills for him to take. She walked back into his bedroom and took a seat on the bed next to him, setting the glass down on the bedside tableso she could grab his hand gently. She set the pills in the palm of his hand and grabbed the glass again so she could hand it to him quickly.

"Here, I found some in your bathroom, take two for now and I'll go get you some more when the pain comes back." She said softly.

Patrick smiled gratefully, taking the pills and glass of water from her. They were instantly thrown into his mouth; the water was taken in one giant gulp. He was thirstier than he thought! With a satisfied sigh, he set the glass down and laid back, his hand searching the bed for hers. Their fingers lacked together, the knuckles of that hand bruised from the fight, but that pain was easy to ignore with her there.

"Thanks, sweetheart," he cooed, giving the hand a squeeze.

"I'm already feeling better. You're the best." Patrick was feeling light headed from loss of blood. His milky eyes were even hiding beneath half closed lids. "I love you."

Rebecca smiled lightly and squeezed his hand in return gently, not wanting to bother his injuries to much. She laid down next to him and looked over him quietly, her lips slowly moving to his hand and kissing it gently lovingly.

"It's alright." She said softly, a small laugh leaving her lips as he tried to calm her. "Wether you feel better or not you still need to rest and I need to get dinner going. I was going to make soup, are you alright that?" She asked him softly.

She only wanted to make him happy right now, what ever he wanted she would get him if he asked her.

Rebecca being calm meant that he too could be calm. All worries began to flee from his mind. She was right; he needed to rest. With her in his home, nothing would keep that from him. Patrick wanted to get better as quickly as he could so they could have more fun together. Most important, so he could protect her. Lothar was likely to target her in some way. That would be just his style...

"That's fine. I'm sure anything you make is really good," he answered with another weak smile. Until it was time to eat, he figured he would have some sleep. She wanted to begin a meal instead of talk, which he was fine with. Both of them could use some relaxation. From what he could tell, cooking was more than a hobby. It was therapeutic for some people.

"I'll take a nap then," Patrick said a bit dumbly, with his eyes half shut.

Rebecca smiled and placed a small kiss on his cheek before she pulled away, getting up from the bed and wandering over to the door.

"I'll wake you up when it is done." She said softly.

She then wandered into the kitchen and started to shuffle through his cabinets in search for the things she would need to get started. After finding a few pots she started to get to work, boiling water in one for pasta and the other being used to heat up a large can of broth she took from her house. While those heated up she started to cut some veggies to throw into the soup. As she cut her mind started to wander to what would happen now, what their lives wound be like. She knew things might be though but she would manage, if it was for Patrick she could do anything...

Patrick slept peacefully as she cooked, his nose once in a while twitched when the aroma would waft to his bedroom. The slumber was light and he was still consciously aware of things. Mostly, he was just relaxing. If he let himself fall into too deep of a sleep, he wouldn't likely wake up because of how exhausted he was. Besides... There was a lot on his mind.

'My parents were wrong. I'm not completely safe here,' he thought to himself, depressed by the fact. The whole reason he moved to this realm was for safety. Then again... It wasn't a total bummer. He met Rebecca! It was as if it was meant to be. Whether or not he was out of Lothar's clutches, he met the most amazing woman in the world. He didn't care that they only met a couple days ago.

It took a bit of work and a lot of shuffling about but eventually dinner was ready, a steaming pot of home made chicken noodle soup sitting on the stove. Rebecca finished up the last of the dishes and put them all back where she had found them before pulling out two bowls and two spoons. IN the process of looking for pots she found a simple bed tray that one would use for breakfast in bed. She filled each bowl with soup, making sure to give Patrick's an extra scoop of veggies and chicken. She also filled two glasses with water and set them next to the bowls before she picked up the tray and carried it back into the bedroom.

"Patrick...Dinner is ready." She said softly as she wandered into the bedroom and set the tray down on the bed side table.

Patrick's eyes opened halfway when she quietly announced that dinner was ready. Using his good arm, he pushed against the bed to help him straighten into a sitting position. Laying down with soup was a horrible idea; he could say it from experience. Besides, good posture was important around a lady! Even if he wasn't feeling well.

"That smells really good," he complimented, breathing in the aroma of the soup. The last time he had a home cooked meal was weeks ago, from his mother. He was beyond grateful to have Rebecca around. Patrick wanted to hug her; to thank her with a kiss. Sadly, he had no clue where she even was. He felt so much more helpless in his weakened state.

"Come here," Patrick cooed, patting at his lap.

Rebecca walked over and took a seat next to him on the bed, scooting in close to him.

"I'm glad you like the smell, I worked hard on it." She said softly as she leaned in and placed a kiss on his cheek to let him know where she was. "I'll feed you the soup alright? I don't want you to burn yourself. Do you need any more painkillers? Something to drink?" She asked him softly, making sure that he was completely comfortable.

Patrick would have to save her kiss for later, he figured. Instead of sitting on his lap like he gestured, she sat next to him and offered to feed him! He could understand why. Getting nourishment in his system was important, especially after what happened to him.

"Don't worry, the other pain killers you gave me are doing their job. And I can feed myself, you don't have to," he assured her with a lopsided smile. Soup was a common meal for him, too, but mostly came from cans. It was easy to open; hard to mess up. Just take off the lid, put in a bowl and microwave.

"You can guide me, though. Hand me the spoon and show me exactly where the bowl is."

Rebecca looked at him for a moment before giving in, knowing that he was right and she was just babying him because of the injuries he had gotten. She grabbed one of his hands and then grabbed one of the bowls, gently placing that warm plate into his grasp and waiting from him to take hold of it. She then reached for one of the spoon and placed it in his other hand, guiding him to the soup.

"There, the soup is out though so be careful...Tell me if you like it alright? I haven't cooked soup in a long time..." She said, letting out a small laugh as she grabbed her own bowl and started to eat, keeping her eyes on him just to make sure he didn't get to messy.

"Thank you," he whispered appreciatively, dipping the spoon into the soup. Carefully, he brought it to his lips, drinking some of the broth before taking the entire bite into his mouth. There was a light burning sensation on his tongue; he should have blown on it first. He resisted any sounds of complaint, though. The mistake of eating hot food was a common habit of his.

Thoughtfully, he chewed the piece of chicken with vegetables and pasta, swallowing it quite happy. "It's good. It's very good," he complimented her, moving his spoon to get another bite.

Rebecca let out a small sigh of relief as he said that it was good, worried that he might not have liked it.

"I'm glad, there is plenty left so if you'd like more just ask okay?" She said softly as she started to eat her own soup, blowing on her spoon for a moment before taking a bite.

She let out a content sounds as she ate the chicken and noodles, the warm food hitting her stomach. She really needed this soup as well, there was nothing better than a nice warm broth to calm her rattled nerves. She had calmed quite a bit since the fight but she was still twitchly, jumping at every little creek and such.

Rebecca's paranoia was noted. He was hoping his calm demeanor would help her stay relaxed, or at the very least assure her they weren't in danger. Should something threaten them, he'd be the first to sense it. He had to admit, if anything else happened, it would kill his good mood. The attackers would get an even wore beating than the previous opponents, despite his injury.

When he finished eating, the bowl and spoon were set down on the tray, his tongue licking at what traces remained on his lips. "I would like more," he told her with a smile. "I'll let this digest first, though.

And... I'd like to talk to you."

A comforting hand was set on her own after he spent some time searching around for it. He was glad he didn't put his hand in her food, like last night with the cake incident... "It's nothing bad, really. Just, something you deserve to know."

Rebecca finished her own soup and smiled a bit as she set her bowl to the side on the tray. She was about to go get him more but was stopped by what he said, a feeling of uncertainly filling her chest lightly. She looked down at her hand as he grabbed it and gently squeezed his as she looked up at him. Even though he said it was nothing bad she couldn't help but worry, somewhere in the back of her mind she could help but think that he might ask her to leave for her own safety. Just the thought almost broke her heart.

"Alright...I'm listening..." She said softly as she moved closer to him, wanting him to know she was was listening to every little word that he said.

"Like I told you before, I come from someplace... Magical," he started to explain, scratching at one of his temples. This was the first time he ever had to tell someone about his home and himself, so putting it into words was tougher than he initially thought.

"My home, realm, whatever you call it... It's called Funkeln. It's a place with houses and stores, just like this city. I was going to be a regular civilian in Funkeln because I have no sight. There were people to protect me from harm, including my parents," Patrick continued, thinking back to his past.

"But I got tired of that. I wanted to learn; to be a mage like everyone else. So, they trained me in one of the rarest forms of magic. I became very reliant on my sense of hearing in order to use Sound to the best of my abilities.

Lothar is after every spell in existence. That book he has is filled with pages upon pages of spells. He's an... Evil librarian, if you will." He smirked at his label for the dark man who threatened them earlier. There really was no better way to put it! "If I fess up the secrets to my magic, everyone in every universe could perish, Rebecca. That's why I came here; to hide from him. But alas, he's found me. As he predicted, a blind man is easiest to take advantage of."

Hopefully, that was enough information for her. Of course, he was open to her questions. There was a lot to him and a lot to his life of spell casting.

Rebecca listened intently to him, every word he said was burned into her brain so she wouldn't forget. At first she really couldn't believe Patrick was from another world but it would explain a lot about his powers and such. Her mind quickly filled with questions and at first she didn't know which to ask, all of them seemed important for her to understand. She looked down in thought silently for a moment before speaking to him.

"Why are you being targeted? Aren't there others who know spells that he could take?" She questioned softly.

It was a horrid thing to think, that it would be better if that horrible man from before went after someone else, but she wanted Patrick to be safe and protected. With this Lothar still running around she'd never be able to keep herself from worrying about the man she loved. She cuddled into him gently, so she wouldn't bother his wounds, and rested her head on his shoulder.