Bleach: The Void's Chapter

She scowled at him before jerking her head to look away from him. "Dumbass. You have no idea what you're doing. You're not on the good side in case you haven't noti--" she cringed as a sudden pain came and passed, shaking her head quickly. "What the hell are you even planning on doing, Mayuri!?"
"Taking over the Soul Society, of course." He raised a finger as he spoke, "Mere soul reapers would never match up to what I'm making out of ones like you two, of course you're some of the first results. The Soul Society will be no match--"
"You're a cliché." She interrupted him, causing Mayuri to frown a bit.
"How ungreatful. I've given you power, and yet you continue to persist with your attitude."

"Boss, allow me~"

Jotaro proceeded to take an arm around Rei's shoulder, and walked out of the room into the next, before letting go, and seating her down, gesturing for Nemu to keep an eye on the other girl who had just became a void.

"Voids are the upgrade, Rei. We're the new soul society…I mean, sure, we're mostly mindless, but not all of us. Once Kooky the clown can get us all on the same page, we can kick ass and take names more effieciently. Is it so wrong to better the path of Justice?…plus, you're an impressive swordswoman. Are you any good with unarmed combat like me?"

"Better the path of justice? What do you think will happen to the current soul reapers? They haven't done anything but good, and they'll more than likely be killed to make way for you and every other one of his 'creations'. How exactly is that justice? How can you even think HE means justice!? He might just dispose of you once he makes a better minion of some other poor soul, but it seem you even trust a power hungry pierrot-face like him! Are you brain dead?"

"I'm pretty sure those will become like you or me. And I really doubt he'd want to make an enemy of me. See, he's already tried to kill me: But I've proved to be…an outside the box thinker. And a defier of logic. Most importantly, being able to harness this reishi crap rather easily in some 'constructive' ways with my fighting style's superior adaptability. Hell, wouldn't be surprised if my sword zam-pow thing was just to hold back all this chaotic power. Seriously, I'm starting to get a bit scared of how little I may be able to control it later! Hah!"

Jotaro pulled a glass bottle of cola from his blue jacket, flicking the bottlecap off with his bare finger, launching it like a sniper's magnum round, watching it zip just past Rei's head.

"I've been told they won't be killed. Find a way to persuade me and maybe I'll turn against clown-face too…" He confidently boasted, looking over to Nemu, and making sure she had every word of it.

"Oh yeah. Gimme somethin' worth fightin' for."

She sighed out. "Your life isn't enough already? It's obvious you know nothing of anything you're doing. You're getting lucky and pulling out average- well admittably strong but random moves you had already known as a human. You can't even pronounce what the blade is called correctly. Has he promised anything; or will you never get one? You've got plenty to learn, surely the Soul Society would help. Kisuke wouldn't mind helping out another substitute."

"Random?!"

Jotaro flipped the table furiously. How dare this being call his martial arts training back on earth worthless, he would think to himself, a newfound fury in his eyes, disregarding what she said about Mayuri being evil.

"You can say whatever you want about my judgement, damn it! but when you start talking about my training in chinese kenpou and some japanese karate, you start insulting one of the things I love!…sure, steamrollers aren't in regular technique, but everything else I was fighting you with the might of Kyokushin Kaikan, the speed of Wing Chun, and the heart held by any true martial artist!…I could give a damn about your swords, I really could! But I fuckin' doubt pronouncing stupid words will make me want to help the 'soul society' at all!"

He began to slow down his sped up breathing, moving downwards to fix the table from where it was before.

"You're just like the rest of them: Ever since I started training to try and show your kind I'm no weakling, you try and downplay every drop of sweat, blood, and tears I put into this fist…That's one point against your damned society and its presently selfish views of others. Try again!"

She was quiet for a moment. "I apologize. I only meant you could learn more. As I said, you are already powerful, but if you are in this for power, you should want more. And more you could get through us."

"Psshaw. I know how your kind works. When you have me, you're just gonna keep me locked up or something. Prevent me from having that power you're promising. I've seen it all…"

"I wouldn't let that happen. What point would there be in it anyway? Mayuri just makes more, it would be better to have you on our side than just naively toss you to the side. Besides.. If they locked you up they would have to do the same with me."

"…Fine. I've fought with you before, and I feel the sincerity in your words…" Replied Jotaro, standing up, and going around the table to crouch down and look Rei in the eyes...

…And taking her hand, having her stand up...

"I think there's only one thing I can do to make sure you don't double cross me…" He grumbled. "But how do I do it?…"

And he proceeded to plant a light kiss on her lips.

"…"

Ater a moment taken to comprehend the situation her face reddened suddenly and she pulled away, shaking her head in a somewhat embarrassed frustration. "Wha.. H-how does that help?" She stuttered, a slight pout on her lips as her narrowed eyes averted from his gaze.

"Chekhov's Gun. Now, what do you suggest we do now?"

"Tch.." She shook her head at the forshadowing phrase. "Well, how about leaving?"

"Lead The Way…" Offered Jotaro, allowing the girl to go forward.

She shook her head. "I hate to argue, but how on earth would I know my way around this place? I was only just kidnapped."

"This place is dark, and from this spirit world-ish thing of yours, so I figured you could find a way out with Reishi or something."

He sighed to himself a moment, before picking up Rei, and staring at a wall…then he activated a shield of reishi, and charged through it, hoping that he'd eventually get out of the building that way.

"HORRAAAAA!!!"

(Everytime you say that it reminds me of a japanese song. o-o Hora. Kimi ga kuma da. No wa. Ikami iu kanda.~ >.> <.< >.>)

"Eh right, there's a tracking system but it would-- Eeh!" She let out a sound something like a squeak as he picked her up and charged through the walls. "Oh, I guess this works faster."

Eventually, they crashed through their last wall, and managed to somehow leave the building, as Jotaro flew towards the ground, uttering a quick prayer.

"INBRIGHTESTDAYINBLACKESTNIGHTNOEVILSHALLESCAPEMYSIGHTLETTHOSEWHOWORSHIPEVIL'SMIGHTBEWAREMYPOWER-"

And he tossed Rei up, taking the most impact of the two, landing face-first...

"Gah!" She landed on top of Jotaro, rubbing her head. "Oww.. Did you know we were on that high of a floor?" She blinked as she found she was on top of him. "You alright?"

"Nooo…" Groaned Jotaro, climbing up, and shoving Rei off playfully. "I feel amazing, thanks."