Bleach AU: Rising Blades [IC]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yu Hardt
Unseated shinigami​
Waiting his turn like any respectful person would do was no trouble what so ever for him. Yet with the man that was waiting earlier not showing any signs of curiosity or worry, made him worry slightly if he was the only person seeing this woman. It wasn't until Julia went further in and the captain opening the door and looking at the two males, did he realize that this person just had some sort of special property. With Edme telling them to come in as well, both the males would stand with the silent one giving Yu a nod who returned one in kind gesture. Following behind the male into the office, it relieved him a bit to see the guy nodding at Julia as well. Just in case somewhere in Yu's mind that Julia just so happened to move out of the way when the captain opened the door. So Yu would bow before the captain before assuming a straight posture. It was only respectful to bow to one that you respected as a leader in your mind, and Yu was just that kind of guy that would bow to his leaders without question.
---​
Nene Sanada & Chigo Zho
Unseated shinigami​
As they waited both of them would tilt their head a bit when a woman's voice sounded out and not a males. It was clear they both thought the captain was male the last they heard, so if he got replaced it was fairly recent if he did. So as Chigo opened the door closing it behind her when they were both in the office. When they both looked at her and saw the lieutenants badge around her arm did they realize that the captain just wasn't in at the moment. Chigo would look at her as she rubbed the back of her head. "Sooo... No disrespect but, why are you in the captains office?" Was Chigo question while Nene had her own. "I don't think it matters, she can still gives us the test to join. Besides it makes sense in a way. If the captain is out then someone has to do the tests for new recruits. So my name is Nene Sanada." Nene said bowing to the lieutenant while Chigo grumbled as she pouted her cheeks. "I'm Chigo Zho.." Chigo said before bowing as well with each of them then returning to their regular posture as Chigo crossed her arms and waited for the lieutenant to give the test or some introduction.​

[fieldbox=Shin Kimoto]
Shin smirked as she appeared next to him. "I would say the same, but I don't have much fighting experience yet." He spoke this in response to her interest in his portals. He watched as she released her shikai, raising an eyebrow slightly at the Yurei part, thinking he may have heard that bit before, but leaving it be. "Well, Ma's all for the in-between. I'll have to ask him how he feels about waiting to be released... After I take a class or two on talking with it at will..." He said looking down slightly for a second before looking back to her. He watched her shake out her arms, as well as bring both arms together. He frowned slightly in curiosity before suddenly hearing an ability being called out, only to suddenly not be able to see anything. He swung his zanpakuto away from her as far as he could tell, jumping through and aiming back through the portal he had just come through as best he could. "Spacial separation!" He said, realizing he couldn't hear anything either. The beam would shoot through the portal, but only because of the fact he had just come from it, and he knew he could use the position he was already facing to tell which way was back to the portal. Thus, he basically had shot his ability while facing away from the portal, but aiming it at the portal by putting his arm behind himself. He began to focus on sensing the location of her spiritual pressure in the hopes of fighting well despite his lack of vision and hearing.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Edmé, teal]
Captain of the Sixth Division,
At the Captain's Office of the Sixth Division

Edmé remained silent for a long moment. Her green eyes had a calm glance while her facial expression remained blank. The white haired woman leaned slightly back, her hands still folded together. The lips of the woman slowly parted as she would speak up in a calm pace. Her tone was however neutral, giving a stern undertone as if she wanted to warn them instead of being welcoming. "I'm Edmé of the Sixth Division. This Division is, as you may or might not know, responsible to handle internal affairs and monitor Shinigami activity." Pausing, Edmé moved her gaze to Julia. "Any disturbances are being handled by this Division. This requires the members to be vigilant, disciplined and overall capable of upholding the order and peace that all may prosper from it."

Slowly Edme's eyes moved her gaze to Yu. "I ask a lot of those who serve in this Division. In return I allow some privileges, such as allowing them to suggest ideas and meetings to provide me with helpful advice. After all," a small smile started to move over the lips of Edmé as her eyes shifted her gaze now towards Hansuke, "some new ideas can lead to interesting results. If you three think you're up for the hardship of being a member of this Division, then I would request you to remain here as I've a test for you."

Pausing for a second, the smile vanished. "Those who decide that this division isn't to their liking can now walk away. There is no dishonor nor any hard feelings from me when you decide to do so. I would like to wish you the best on your future ventures." Waiting, Edmé would stay silent for a long moment. Her gaze kept shifting in a calm pace between the three new recruits. Only after some time would she speak up again.

"Then we shall begin. Please step forward one by one and state your name. What do you expect of this Division and what do you offer in return. Once we're done with that, I'll put you three personally to the test. If you all succeed then you'll be allowed to enter into the Sixth Division. If you don't," pausing, Edmé slowly moved to stand up from her seat, "we'll see what will happen then." She finished, placing her hands at her back.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Ayami Cho, #ffcc99 ]
Unseated.
Tenth Division

She kept watching the two shinigami - the vice-captain and the other - but then her eyes widened by the sudden appearance of a man. Out of surprise, Ayami raised her hands in front of her chest as her lips parted. "W-What?" It took her a second before she realized that she was facing the captain of the Tenth Division.

Trying to regain her composure, Ayami bowed as she tried to fight the blush that would appear on her cheeks. "Ayami Cho, captain, sir." Ayami straightened her back as she placed her hands on her back. "I was looking to apply, if that is possible." Trying to sound confident, the surprise had the effect that she sounded slightly shy. Something that she hated, but currently couldn't manage to put her tone back to the usual calm confidence that dominated her voice.

Keeping her eyes lowered to the floor, out of respect for him as he easily outranked her, Ayami wondered if he had been watching her as she had been observing the vice-captain and the other. Her cheeks lightly flared up as she grew worried if she had already made herself look like a fool.
[/fieldbox]

Haruka snickered at the surprise on his face, though her gem changed color shortly before he disappeared back into his portal, "Heh, like a kitten." She was unsure if that was the smart play or not, but she figured that he would figure it out in his own time. The gem glowed a bright darker yellow color on her right shoulder as a similarly colored ball grew a little bigger the longer that it hovered at her shoulder.

Haruka jumped to her side when she heard him yell his technique a little louder than he had probably meant to, but she knew that he was having a bit (HAH--she made a funny) of a difficult time hearing or seeing anything. She was pleasantly surprised at his beam like technique, and stopped to make a note to work with him on it. The glow at her shoulder soon became big enough to reach her neck and the symbol changed abruptly, "Thet's Rail." She grinned then punched towards the portal with her silver gauntlet. The yellow ball traveled along her arm as soon as it was extended, then became a yellow beam at the point of her fist.

[fieldbox="Takako Chinen, aquamarine"]
Vice-Captain of the Eight Division

Takako's head was tilted slightly to the left as the two freshly graduated shinigami entered Takumi's office. The green hair of the one that opened the door certainly was flashy. She looked young in comparison to the other lady. Not that that said anything about age. Takako herself wasn't quite sure how aging worked in Soul Society, but she had quickly found out that appearance could be very deceiving. Hell, she herself didn't look that much older than the average human in its twenties, but she had definitely passed that age a long time ago. Maybe souls just aged slower for some unknown reason. She picked up her pencil to make a note of it as the green haired girl spoke up. Her question made Takako raised her eyebrows slightly as she placed her pencil back down and looked back up. Starting the conversation that partly determined if you were allowed in the division with a question. A smile tugged on the corners of her mouth.

That reminded her way too much of herself.

"Well, Nene Sanada, Chigo Zho, I am the Vice-Captain of the Eight Division, Takako Chinen. As Miss Sanada so aptly guessed our captain is out at the moment, but I'll assure you that Captain Date will be back at some point to welcome you new recruits. Now then," she folded her hands over her book and her tone grew more serious. "It is my official duty to welcome you to this division and congratulate you on graduating and chosing this division to start your career as a shinigami. Our division prides itself in being versatile and a place for other divisions to come to when they need reinforcements with their own work. This means that shinigami who join our division will be trained in all area's equally and are allowed to chose their own specialization be that zanjutsu, hakudo, or, like myself, Kaido. We, as ranked members and your superiors, are not here to hold your hands and mold you into the shinigami we need. As our motto states we want you to pursue what you want to pursue, do what you want to do, achieve what you dreamt of achieving. For that we are here to help you in the best way we can."

Takako paused for a second as she thought about what else she had to say. "But, of course, that doesn't mean that this division is a joy ride. That you can just do whatever you want at any given time. Your training is your personal affair and we expect you to keep it up, keep yourself in shape." Takako searched through her papers for a moment and pulled out two sheets, offering them to the girls before her. "This sheet displays which classes are being given on every day of the week. It is your own responsibility to attend most of them, but for new recruits we demand that they attend at least one class on each basic subject, zanjutsu, hakuda, hoho and kido, every week for at least the first year or three. This is to see what you are capable of. Of course there are also more in depth classes for those of you who wish to gain more advanced knowledge into a subject. I give the Kaido class myself, so if you are interested." She flashed the two a smile.

"At any given moment, during your training, free time or nights, you can be requested for a mission that requires your area of expertise. You will be forced to work with members of many different divisions so flexibility is a must. If all the things I just told you sound like something you want to do, you can stay. If not, you are free to leave now."

She gave the two a moment to consider and walk away. There was really no shame in it. Making a choice like this was important. Your division became your new family, that was an important choice.

After the moment of silence Takako continued. "Now for new just graduated recruits we have a certain task we want you to do. I am not going to test your combat abilities. The Academy deemed you worthy of your sword and I have faith in their capabilties. Instead I ask of you to go on your first patrol through the streets of the Rukongai ever. Patrols are part of our duty and require the flexibility that we want. The 65th district is all yours today. You are to scan the area, if you encounter trouble you are to see if you can solve it by yourself, if not you are to contact the division. You will patrol in teams of two, you will not be distracted from your duty and you will report back to me after you have covered the whole area. Any questions?"

[/fieldbox]

Reactions: K3l
[fieldbox=Julia Himura]
Julia smiled, nodding to what captain Edme said. She gave a quick salute when Edme's gaze hovered over her, and the captain stated how they needed to be vigilant and so on and so forth. She was listening, of course, to every detail, but she didn't want to be too serious about the situation, or her resolve might waver. She dropped her quick salute as the captain's gaze moved to the next new recruit, with a statement about a gift of being able to suggest things to her and the such Offering you suggestions sounds more like a reward to you than to us... She would have smiled at her thought if she hadn't already been smiling the entire time, but anyone who watched closely enough would see that her smile grew slightly at the thought, and went back to normal only seconds later. She heard the captain mention a test, and she glanced at the desk in front of Edme, searching for papers that may be used to write down either answers, or the evaluation she gave for each of them. She didn't see anything that didn't look finished already, but she didn't look for very long, as she didn't find it very important. Edme offered the option to walk away if they decided they wanted to be part of a different squad, but Julia just stood there continuing her smile and waiting for the next comment from their new captain. Once Edme decided they were staying, she said for them to introduce themselves and state a few other things, and so, she stepped forward. "Julia Himura, I expect justice for those who need it from the division. I offer a little bit of spooky ghosty help. That and I can ignore walls, so you might have a hard time barricading yourself when up against me." She said, giggling to herself. She knew the others there might not care, but if they did, the suspense might rise to see what she meant about the spooky ghosty help.
[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Shin Kimoto]
Shin sensed movement from the higher-up, but not much, and definitely not back away from his portal, no, it was to the side... Perhaps around the portal a bit? He waited for a moment, focusing on sensing her spiritual energy as best he could, but getting slightly confused at the fact that she didn't seem to move. Am I getting confused because of the shinigami surrounding us? He figured it'd be a good idea to move in a random direction as an attempt to dodge, and was about to, only to suddenly get hit by something. He flew backwards, unable to tell up from down due to his blindness and deafness. His only chance to catch himself was to use where the other shinigami were to judge which way was down. As he began to focus on everyone and where they were, he felt the ground against his back. As he felt the force of the ground, he grunted in slight pain, going through with the rest of the backflip that he didn't choose to do, just barely catching his balance on the ground. He almost fell because of the lack of senses, but he figured out his positioning and got back to standing firm. He started to breathe a bit more heavily than normal, starting to tire from fighting someone much stronger than him. Damn it... I can't go forever, and I definitely can't fight blind and deaf... How much longer is this going to be a problem for...? He sensed the shinigami around him, as well as where the liutenant might be, and decided on a plan for his return fire, even without his sight. He ran at about where his portal was, focusing as much as he could on where everyone was around him. The second I get through... The second they're all in different places than they just were! He felt all of the spiritual pressures change where they were in relation to himself, and he quickly spun around, swinging his shikai at the portal, making it disappear, and then continuing the way he was going, swinging his shikai once more to create yet another portal. As he noticed all the spiritual energy change to him again, he looked for where exactly the liutenant's was, and used shunpo to reach it asap, attempting a spin kick that, if unhindered, would lead into him spinning around and swinging his shikai at her directly afterwards.
[/fieldbox]

Haruka winced a bit when Shin went flying then looked at the other Shinigami whom were watching. A few snickered but most were just watching with calculating eyes. Then she saw more than a few nods when Shin managed to get back on his feet. She had to admit that his tenacity was fairly impressive, but moxie could only get someone so far.

The Lieutenant braced for a counter attack though the shunpo surprised her. She held up a forearm to fend off the attack when another shingami used his sealed zanpakuto to block her arm and his free hand to try and shift the kick away. "We have seen enough, Lieutenant...he is worthy."

[fieldbox="Hansuke Araki, red, solid"]Hansuke listened closely to the captain's words, however her offer for them to turn around and walk away came rather unexpected, causing him to quirk a brow subtly. It might just be that Edmé awakened each of them into a serious state, ofcourse this was a serious situation but everyone might not understand the weight. Then again he knew his thoughts would never stop if he attempted to analyze the words of others, instead he dismissed the thoughts that began to nag his mind - because he knew well enough that he was here because the Sixth Division 'called' him the most. Hansuke's sight slowly abandoned the captain and drifted towards the female by his side, Julia who presented herself and even managed to giggle within the situation. Ofcourse it was a relief to both see and hear. He then realized it might just be his turn to present himself, he looked at the other participant before stepping forth with a single step and finally inclined his head into a generous bow.
"I am Hansuke Araki, my expectations is much like Julia's. My other expectation is to become a better shinigami." The man paused very briefly as he tilted his head back upright. "And in return the sixth division has my loyalty and skill." He had no plans to preach about his purposes like a priest, it would probably bore each of them into a deep slumber and simply take a long time. Hansuke stepped back into line with the others after his brief introduction and looked over at the last participant.
[/fieldbox]

Yu Hardt
Unseated Shinigami
Yu listened intently to the captains words, she explained what they do and how they do it. She explained that she asked a lot from the members and in return allowed them to suggest ideas to better the place. This place was exactly how he thought it would be. Strict but willing, the captains words only made him more certain that this truly was the place he needed to be in order to become stronger. So when told to state their names and what they expected and could offer Julia went up first. Although Yu wasn't sure if half of it was a real purpose and the other a joke, although he had to admit that he was a bit spooked at first when he thought she was a ghost. Yet wanting justice was admirable, although being intruded upon at any given moment didn't seem to be the best offer. Then Hansuke spoke stating his expectation was much like Julia's and to become a better shinigami. In return he offered the typical loyalty and skill. He could see this man being more of the warrior type with the loyalty and skill comment, it just seemed like something they would say to their general or ruler. Thats when all eyes were on him.

Yu knew what he wanted but his seemed for selfish than the other two who wanted justice for the Soul Society. Yet he wasn't going to simply make things up either. So he would bow once again before speaking. "My name is Yu Hardt and I expect to become stronger, stronger to the point I don't feel helpless. I wish to become stronger so that other may be able to rely on me for help. As for what I offer.... I can only offer my loyalty and the fact that whatever you need done, I shall get done no matter what." He stated, he still couldn't help but feel his wants were more greedy than the others.

[fieldbox=Shin Yuki]
Shin felt another spiritual energy move into the arena, then felt his kick pushed away. He didn't go through with the rest of his attack, but only spun around, trying to look around. He thought he heard the word 'worthy' as his hearing began to return to him. He closed his eyes tight for a second, then opened them, seeing, but only the center of his vision for a moment. "I still can't hear all that well... Is the match over?" He asked, blinking a few more times as his vision finished returning to him. He exhaled slowly as he released his shikai, sheathing his sword. While he didn't know for sure if the match was complete, he could at least try to store his energy for the next round if he needed to. He frowned as his breathing start to return to normal "I'm going to have to practice sensing spiritual energies for next time..."
[/fieldbox]

Haruka smirked at the shinigami then dismissed him back to his spot. The man bowed his head then flash stepped back to the boundary of the corral.

"Yes. The match is over." She told Shin, "I'll show you to the sleeping area so you can rest up a bit before I give you the full tour." She looked off to the side and narrowed her eyes a little bit. She had to remember to remind Hikari of his meetings later...

Nene Sanada & Chigo Zho
Unseated shinigami​

As Takako spoke, they would both listen to the explanation on what the squad did, Molding them into the shinigami they needed, which meant being trained in all fields equally while they could specialize in a certain field. Thats what they hoped at least, Nene would probably get along with someone that used kido more though, she had more of an interest in that field. While Chigo just started to drift into punching things. She would snap out of it when she was handed a class schedule, staring at it in disbelief she looked at Takako like she was on drugs. they graduated from school to pretty much attend school? What was this shit the human world? Chigo would look at Nene who didn't seem to mind the idea and even smiled when Takako mentioned herself being the one to hold Kaido classes. Of course they "demanded" they attend one class so Chigo grumbled to herself as she decided to attend the zanjutsu one. If she had to attend one then she might as well pick the one she liked most. To Chigo she thought this squad sounded needy that they could just whisk you away at any time they chose to do their crap for them. Like if they had a human world gimmick going on then they were nailing that shit. Chigo however would raise her hand. "How often does such an occurrence happen? If you host classes, I'm thinking its not an daily habit." Nene asked which made Chigo cross her arms. "Smartypants." she mumbled.

Instead of being tested they were deemed worthy of their sword already and had no need which made Chigo shrug before being told that they had to patrol the 65th district. "Shit I could tell you about it now. Its shitty, bland, smells like rotting corpses. You are more likely to be stabbed than to meet people, which means you might get stabbed in the back a lot. Overall its a shitty experience there. Did I mention getting mugged? You will outright get mugged." Chigo stated but realized they would have to go anyway. Nene just placed her hand on Chigo and smiled. "Well think of it this way, you will most likely get to punch people." Nene said which made Chigo grin. "True, alright seeya later then Takako." Chigo stated walking out of the office while Nene just smiled and bowed before leaving with Chigo. Together they would set out and after a few minutes they would arrive at the district where they would instantly see someone getting mugged. "Fucking told you." Chigo said as she walked over yanked the money out of the muggers hand and then headbutt the man unconscious, then hand the stolen money back to the victim. Chigo would then take a deep breath in and release the air with a smile. "Yep, smells like home." Chigo stated before looking at Nene who was grinning in front of two men who were falling down with pink and green hair. "Uh..." Chigo mumbled before Nene walked over to her. "They wanted to grope me so I said if they won a game they could. They lost." Nene said before continuing onward with Chigo who just shrugged and walked alongside her

Takumi Date,
Captain of the Eight division.

The walk back to the barracks was a pleasant one. With his hands at his back, Takumi cheerfully whistled. The guards at the entrance made a respectful bow, to quickly straighten their backs and continue their guard duty after the captain strolled into the grounds of the Eight division barracks. The sound of people working, training and basically being busy delighted Takumi. It was the sound of productivity and people of the Eight living up to the Division's motto. Heading to his office, Takumi wondered.

If he remembered it correctly, then today new recruits would spend some time to visit the divisions. It was more often than not the task of a captain to be there to greet and meet these potential new recruits. A soft smile moved over the man's lips as he could remember his time as recruit. The wisdom and inner-strength that had radiated from his old captain and mentor had convinced Takumi that the Eight Division would be the division where he would face his destiny. A bit worried however as he had taken his sweet time with heading back, Takumi wasn't too worried. While it was basically the task of the captain, he had more than enough faith in Takako.

That faith wasn't because she was admirable at combat. Thinking, he chuckled briefly. She was great in combat, no point in denying that. But her skills outside combat and intelligence had convinced Takumi that she was a great candidate to become his vice-captain. Perhaps it had also to do with that he could relate in a way to her? Not that he considered himself as her mentor or wondering if she saw him like that, but she had a goal. Something she worked and strive for. It was that made Takumi regard Takako highly. Her goal. While there was a selfish part to it, he could understand why she worked hard to achieve it. Placing his hand on the door handle, Takumi's smile vanished. The Division's motto was doing everything, was that not it? Then it was also their duty to 'do everything' to help each other.

Opening the door, he saw Takako and grinned somewhat. "Aah, good, you here! Was almost wondering if you were here. I was considering about some sushi for lunch. How about you?" The man already made a gesture and half turning around as he waited for Takako's reply.

[fieldbox="Takako Chinen, aquamarine"]
Vice-Captain of the Eight Division

Takako smiled friendly as the new recruits left the captain's office, Nene in a far more respectable way than Chigo. Takako shook her head slightly and pretended that she was going back to work. However as soon she the door closed she looked up from her papers and reached for her zanpakuto which was leaning against the desk next to her. She pushed herself back a bit and in a fluid movement she unsheated the blade. She held the steel before her face for a second and watched it glimmer in the afternoon light.

"Become my eyes, Mimizuku."

The command ran almost quietly through the room, nothing more than a whisper as the blade started to glow and one single orb detached itself from the steel. As the glow faded a single eye with wings stared back at Takako. The woman tested the connection for a second by closing her eyes. Determining that she could see herself perfectly right now she deemed it stable and walked to the door to open it. With a swift move the eye shot out after the recruits, barely making a sound as it went.

With her eyes closed Takako found her way back to her desk where she sat down, her brow furrowed. It wasn't that she didn't trust the new recruits. It was more that she wanted to see how they fared. Finding them wasn't that hard, and keeping track of them wasn't either. Now she would determine if they really had what it took.

The door opened again and Takako opened her left eye ever so slightly. Takumi. Takumi who offered her sushi. She sighed and closed the eye again. "As you can see I am currently conducting a test with some new recruits, getting sushi right now would be troublesome. However if you are offering to bring me some, that would be lovely." She grinned in the direction that she assumed where he was. "The new recruits want to meet you too by the way. They are out in 65th district now, but you should be here when they come back. They seem... motivated. So that is good- Oh," her sentenced stopped. "It seems that our recruits have encountered an obstacle in the form of a commotion in a shop. A large crowd has gathered at a grociery store, people are brawling, some of them are on the ground. What do you guess they will do?" she asked Takumi while wondering herself.

[/fieldbox]

[fieldbox=Edmé, royalblue]
Captain of the Sixth Division,
At the Captain's Office of the Sixth Division

Edmé paid a great deal of focus on how each recruit presented him or herself. First was Julia. There was something that Edmé both liked and didn't like about Julie. First off was that she wasn't perhaps dead-serious. But her ability? It was most certainly intriguing. Only problem would be if she decided to quench her curiosity with the ability. Edmé was somebody who was comfortable on her own. Somebody that could ignore walls and doors could be a bother. Certainly Edmé had no idea from this first meeting if she should or shouldn't pay a close eye on Julia. Then again, she could be a good asset for the Sixth Division.

Then one of the guys spoke up. Hansuke Araki. He seemed the usual serious type that sought service in the Sixth Division. People that wanted to bring justice and grow stronger to do their jobs better. Edmé was tempted to ask him what he considered a better shinigami. One that was strong and powerful or one that would follow his duty, even it led to his death? Deciding to pay attention to the next and last recruit, Edmé remained silent.

Yu Hardt. His answer made Edmé slight wonder. It was slight different from the others, but the fact he stated he wanted to become stronger in order to help others? It wasn't uncommon, not at all. It made Edmé however wonder if that desire had came from some event of his past. Deciding that she should give them the test, Edmé rose up. "Good. I'm glad with offering you all a place in the Sixth Division. Only after a small test." Pausing, the green eyes of the woman slowly moved as she glanced at each of them. "You all may or at least learn now that the Sixth Division has the most cells. I want you three to do one round. My test is a simple one. I want you all to talk to one prisoner. Not in their cells, but outside of it. Ask them why they are there. Then come back to me and tell me if you agree that they are there or not."

With those words, she would nod towards them. The door would be opened by a member of the Sixth Division, who gestured friendly to the three as the man would guide them to the holding cells. Sitting down, Edmé wondered briefly what the result would be. But there were more important matters.

Her tea was getting cold.

[/fieldbox]

Hikari Shinrai & Ayami Cho

Hikari looked at his hand then shrugged before dropping it. His eyes found their way to Ayami once again as he smiled apologetically. "Apologies if I've frightened you, I hope we can move past that. In the meantime, walk with me Ayami Cho, or would you prefer being called something else?" Hikari turned then led her into the barracks. Inside was nothing special. Plain, brown, coloring throughout multiple hallways with doors riddled and spaced out across the walls. Rather boring actually, but they weren't a fashion club. "I didn't get a report on you so I figure you didn't request to join any division. That's fine. From what I've seen so far you're rather observant, no? That's good, especially in a division such as this one. But I would like to know more. What can you do, Ayami Cho? What do you find yourself good at, and what do you favor?"

Ayami found herself struggling with thoughts and emotions. She wasn´t too sure what to think of the fact she was being guided alone by the captain. While it made some sense, she wondered if the man wasn't needed elsewhere. To attend to more important matters than a nobody as her. Politely and with respect, Ayami would follow and walk with Hikari, yet remaining at a small distance. When he asked about her, Ayami's eyes lowered. "I wanted to see what the division was like, sir." Pausing for a second, Ayami wasn't too certain how to answer the other question. "If I may be honest, sir, I doubt that I've much of a talent or skill that I would call myself good in. Certainly in comparison with you, sir." Making a small bow with her head, Ayami was mentally trying to brace for the next question, but she took the moment to try to observe the man himself in a subtle manner.

Hikari chuckled. "Well if you think that I'm so skilled then keep in mind that I had to work hard to get to where I am. So as long as you continue to work hard in training and missions then you're already taking steps closer to becoming good at something." Hikari glanced down at her, noticing her movements. She seemed shy, either that or unconfident. Hopefully that shell would break sometime. Hikari looked forward then halted in front of a door before opening it. There was a single bed at the right of the small room, a drawer beside it, and a closet on the left side of the room. "It's bare but we figure our members would decorate their rooms as they see fit. So if you need, or rather want, anything then just send in a request." He looked down at Ayami, holding a smile. "And if you don't feel this division is right for you, there's no shame in requesting a transfer."

Eyeing the room, Ayami looked back at Hikari. "Many thanks, but," briefly Ayami's eyes moved her gaze back to the room, "isn't it custom that new recruits are tested?" She asked him, placing her hands together in front of her stomach as she wondered if she was already being tested. She hadn't noticed any signs that could verify that he was testing her at the current moment.

Hikari scratched his head, thinking for a moment. "I guess you could say that, but it has little to do with actually being permitted into the division. Atleast here. Any skill can contribute, whether that be healing or fighting, so you wouldn't be transfered to another division your specific abilities may be useful for. Therefore, you don't need to be tested before being permitted into the division." Hikari ruffled her hair. "Besides, I have the idea that you're observant and that you feel you aren't good in any specific area. With some training, you'll find your forte soon enough. Anymore questions?"

Ayami thought about Hikari's words, slightly frowning as she did so. Before she could react, her hair was ruffled. A thing that she really disliked, but realizing it was the captain, Ayami didn't want to swat his hand away or tell him to go take a hike for that action. It took her a moment before she managed to reply back. "No, captain, sir. No questions." She said, trying to fix her hair.

"Feel free to call me Hikari, I don't mind. Well, Ayami Cho, I will leave you to settle. I hope you find your stay here in this division to be wonderful." With a smile and a nod, Hikari turned and made his way to the door. Before fully exiting the room, he turned to face her. "Actually, once you're settled come and meet me at the training grounds." With a final turn he would leave the room.

Just when she was about to inspect her room, Ayami turned around as Hikari spoke up. Wondering why she should meet him at the training grounds, Ayami decided to not waste time to ponder about that. Inspecting her room, she didn't feel as nervous as before. The perk of being alone. It took her ten minutes before she sat down on the bed and weighed her current options. Glancing at the door, Ayami decided that she could try to pay a visit to the training grounds. Maybe something as getting a peek and an idea on how it looked like. Picking her zanpakuto up, Ayami would start to walk towards the training grounds.

Nene Sanada & Chigo Zho
Unseated shinigami​

As the two would patrol the street keeping an eye out for any overly violent behavior they came across a grocery shop where a commotion was going on with a brawl going on. Chigo would smirk and crack her knuckles as she walked towards it, yet Nene would stop her and shake her head before walking closer to the situation and clearing her voice as she held up flashing cube. "Easy Mode. Challenge is to clear the area! Reward is a perfect smile, penalty is uncontrollable dizziness!" Nene spoke and would then walk away with a smile on her face as she completed her part and flashed a perfect smile at Chigo who looked confused. "What? Im confused." Chigo spoke to which Nene pointed at her cube. "I can lay game challenges out for anyone that hears them. They have rewards and penalties, so since I completed my part I got a perfect smile. Now it is time to see if anyone else will be getting a perfect smile or if they will fall over the very air they walk through." Nene said giggling a bit which made Chigo back away from her a bit. "You are fucked up."

Takumi Date,
Captain of the Eight division.

The new recruits, huh? Takumi became more serious as he would rub his chin for a moment. Hearing from Takako that they were motivated made the captain smile. That was good! A motivated member of the division was more worth often than one that wasn't being moved to perform the duties that the Shinigami had. "I'll stay here then. Would be rather unfair if I would head to steal their fun." The man reasoned as he would wait for further report of Takako.

This was one of the situations where her abilities were quite handy. The news that the recruits had encountered some trouble made Takumi ponder. "Not too sure. All I am hoping for isn't some too violent solution." He replied back to Takako. "Would be a shame if they would encounter a commotion or obstacle that could turn into violence." Though from experience and knowledge, that wasn't an unusual sight in the more higher numbered districts.

Just as the captain spoke out those words, it seemed that the butterfly effect or a similar force was making it coming true. While Nene and Chigo were patrolling the streets, they would hear a faint scream that would turn into a whimpering. A woman of middle age seemed to be running from two other males and female. That were armed.

"But what are the odds of such things happening, right?"

Status
Not open for further replies.