Status
Not open for further replies.
@Artorias Were you making a post as Kon? I was thinking of replying now, but didn't want to cut you off if you were working on something.

I read the latest post, but I have been playing LoL. So you can make a post and I will reply

For shits and giggles.

Appearance:
fH6NAnd.jpg

Name: Bobu Rosu (ボブ・ロス)

Division: Ninth Division

Accessories: A palette, paint brushes, and can of paint thinner.

Zanpakutō Sealed Appearance:
401629-japanese_swords_samurai_swords_tanto_cold_steel_super.jpg

Zanpakutō Shikai Appearance: Wooden paintbrush. (See Appearance)

Zanpakutō Bankai Appearance: N/A

Shikai Abilities:

The Joy of PAINting (ボブの絵画教室)

Influenced by his past life as a painter Bob can bring his art to life through the power of his zanpakuto. Though limited in power, all that's required to make use of this ability is to paint on anything that can act as a canvas. The floor, walls, ceiling, the human body, etc. If Bob dips his zanpakuto in the blood of his enemies then his creations can easily track their movement and position akin to blood hounds.

Creations
Happy Little Trees
As the name suggests Bob is able to paint and manifest happy little trees for his amusement and use. Varying in size and appearance, their characteristics depend on how Bob paints them. Their main style of use besides for appearances is to be painted on an enemy in which the tree will sprout and grow through the victim's body at a rapid pace. However, all one needs to do is remove the paint within a minute in order to avoid this fate. Though, as a result Bob takes to painting them small and in hard to reach places.

Happy Little Clouds
Similar to HLT, Bob is able to paint small clouds to be used for transportation, amusement, or combat. When used for the latter they have an array of uses. Depending on the size and characteristics dictated by Bob they can be used as a smokescreen or attack units. In particular small thunder clouds can latch onto targets and electrify them continuously. The easiest way to combat them is to disperse them either through wind or repeated cutting. However if using a metal weapon the chance of electric shock is high.

Think Like Water
Similar to HLT and HLC when used with the environment, Bob is able to transform anything that could act as a canvas into water of varying size and appearance. However, unlike HLT when used against an opponent it has a psychological affects instead of a physical. As the name suggests the paint has his opponents think and act like water, that is, subject to the will of others and losing a sense of self will. The effectiveness of it depends on the power of his opponents reiatsu. If high and constant it will exert small influence, but if reiatsu is weak or suppressed it will have a greater influence. Similar to his other abilities it can be wiped off and the affect cancelled.

Beat the Devil Out

The second stage of Bob's zanpakuto, it allows for his creations to become even deadlier. Only used when Bob's opponents are very strong or evil, he beats his brush against an object or his leg before painting his creations.

BTDO Creations
Deadly Little Trees
Similar to HLT, Bob creates trees from any surface by merely painting them. However, once fully grown they begin to change. Growing a face, mouth, and movable limbs they become Ents. Retaining their physical properties they are heavy, durable, but slightly slow. They possess regenerative abilities when near sources of water and nutrients such as the ground, other plants, or even humans. Reiatsu for the most part seems to not harm them unless in large dense quantities. They display no sense of pain or emotion so can't be bargained with nor intimidated.

While possessing wills of their own, they mainly adhere to Bob's demands and can work as a team with other Ents to the extent of carrying out advance battle tactics. With the ability to communicate in ways similar to telepathy they act without an audible sound to one another. Their abilities and characteristics depend on the tree created by Bob that initiated their creation. Bob can have a maximum of 5 in action at once.

Redwood Tree - Largest & Fireproof
Olive Tree - Instant Regeneration (Efficient at regeneration so requires less water&nutrients)
Iron Wood Tree - Strongest Bark (Strong as steel)
Black Locust Tree - Poisonous (Spiked Bark&Leaves)
Pando Tree/The Trembling Giant - Mass Reproduction (Can produce and maintain 9 copies of itself)
Bald Cypress Tree - Enhanced Speed&Regeneration with ample water.

Deadly Little Clouds
Similar to HLC, Bob creates clouds from any surface by merely painting them. However, by altering their shape and form he can have them become cloud beings or animals. Similar to how you can make out shapes or animals from clouds in the sky, Bob's clouds morph into humanoids, animals, or other beings of his imagination and painting prowess. Acting much similar to the Ents of DLT they have wills of their own and can travel rather quick with the assistance of the wind. Though, unlike the Ents their only form of offense is lightning and water. Being able to freeze water after contact they can encase limbs if not induce frostbite. While easily dispatched they cannnot be killed due to simply evaporating and condensing back to their original form. However, this takes a few minutes to occur and can be interrupted.

Alternatively, Bob can simply create larger storm clouds that move and act on his will. Either following his Ents into battle or combining to cover the field in a shower of rain. Similar to DLT he can only have 5 maximum at one time alongside DLT.

Obey Like Water
Similar to TLW, but of a greater degree. Water created by Bob acts as a catalyst to increase its influence. Merely being near large bodies of water will have opponents losing their sense of self will. If covered by water created by Bob this affect will be even more profound and constant until the opponent utilizes a method of drying themselves. The beings created by DLC can share in this affect if Bob wills it by simply painting a body of water beneath their clouds.

Bankai Abilities: N/A

Kido Spells: N/A

Other Skills:

Swordsmen
Due to the nature of his zanpakuto, its sealed form and not liking fighting, Bob only knows the bare basics of swordsmanship. A requirement of being a seated officer, he only learned in order to get his position. He relys largely on his zanpakuto's ability for battle.

Shunpo Master
A master of the art despite only being a Lieutenant, Bob made up for his lack of zanjutsu skills by being quick enough to not need them. Able to keep up with only some Captains, it's not exceptional enough to be noteworthy.

Expert Hakuda
Well versed in hand-to-hand combat, Hakuda is as much a counter to Bob's lacking zanjutsu as it is a consequence of the intense training regiment of the Second Division and natural born talent. Despite not liking to fight, especially with his hands which are important to a painter like Bob, he is naturally gifted in this art.

Personality:
Bob is very friendly and an optimistic person. Often engaging in pleasantries about the environment instead of fighting, he rather talk about trees and clouds than fight. Speaking with a calm and mellow tone he exhibits serenity, especially when painting. Which is his favorite activity and that he often takes part in regardless of location. Painting murals on walls throughout the Seireitei and The World of The Living, he can mostly be found walking around with painting supplies looking for his next canvas.

When he can find no suitable canvases he simply makes the area his own by using his zanpakuto to create trees, bushes, water, and rocks. Often to the surprise or dismay of those watching, he doesn't seem to notice or care as long as he is enjoying himself. This happy go lucky attitude is a constant mood for him. Whether it be killing in battle, making mistakes, being injured or going out with friends for the evening. He always maintains a positive, and relaxed persona.

History:
Living a simple life in The World of The Living, Bob became a prominent painter from Italy many years after his death. Arriving in the Soul Society he continued his hobby as an artist for many years, content with living in the better districts of the Seireitei. However, upon some of his painting resulting in creating life he was soon brought under observation from the Twelfth Division at his unusual power. Satisfied after their brief research Bob was asked to join the Academy and become a Shinigami in order to see how it would affect his ability.

Failing miserably in most of his courses as he rather paint than train, it took many years before he was able to graduate. Upon doing so he was oddly positioned to be in the Second Division. There, against his wishes Bob learned about "The Art of Killing"
Joyofkilling.png

Excelling solely by his positive attitude and unwillingness to accept failure. He was quoted many a time saying "We don't make mistakes only happy accidents.". After honing his Shunpo and Hakuda and becoming an effective killing machine, Bob soon achieved a seated position within the Second Division. However, after a few decades he requested a transfer to the Ninth Division. When asked as to his reasons he's quoted saying "Well, killing is fun, but I rather be painting canvases instead of buildings with blood."

Remaining there ever since he eventually became 3rd seat and spread The Joy of PAINting to many of his fellow Shinigami. Boosting the cultural and art presence within the division he improved the Seireitei news magazine by painting marvelous covers and feature pictures for its use.

Last edited:
I read the latest post, but I have been playing LoL. So you can make a post and I will reply
Alright then I'll work on somehting.

Image does not work :P

Oh my god Astros XD

To translate the Japanese.

See? It's easy! Anyone can put their soul into a painting! Yes even murderous intent...

The joy of PAINting

Reactions: Astros
@Astros - The 9th Division already has a Lieutenant

@Astros - The 9th Division already has a Lieutenant
I'm aware, why I said for shits and giggles. Didn't really expect him to be approved and if so mainly as a NPC.

I'm aware, why I said for shits and giggles. Didn't really expect him to be approved and if so mainly as a NPC.
Lol I see.. I figured, despite for shits and giggles, you'd be playing this char.

Bout to say. Astros made BOB ROSS XD

If he's usable, what division would you place him in Akashi?

Lol I see.. I figured, despite for shits and giggles, you'd be playing this char.
Not unless someone deeply desires to fight him. Mainly as besides combat I didn't have much in mind for him other than painting and working on the Seireitei news magazine. Bob put his killing days behind him.

Last edited:
If he's usable, what division would you place him in Akashi?
Well any that needs one I guess, a lieutenant that is. However its Astros' NPC so it'll be likely him controlling him from time to time, unless he intends on playing him full time like his other character. Then again that's upto him. If he is just an NPC then it would be suitable to make him a 3rd seat so he won't take up a Lieutenant spot for anyone else in the future.

Not unless someone deeply desires to fight him. Mainly as besides combat I didn't have much in mind for him other than painting and working on the Seireitei news magazine. Bob put his killing days behind him.
Haha, I see.

If he is just an NPC then it would be suitable to make him a 3rd seat so he won't take up a Lieutenant spot for anyone else in the future.
I agree with this sentiment, since I doubt he'll add anything noteworthy to the plot I rather allow someone else the opportunity with the lieutenant spot. At best Bob can be a random quirky encounter or side battle.

Reactions: Akashi
Like that one Afro guy who watches over karakura town

Like that one Afro guy who watches over karakura town
I considered using his image instead, but thought it'd be too related to the theme's source material.

Hmm, not sure what Xenethis is targeting, but unless someone else plans to I could whip up a post about the explosion. That is, after I finish eating some doughnuts. Anyone want some?

Hmm, not sure what Xenethis is targeting, but unless someone else plans to I could whip up a post about the explosion. That is, after I finish eating some doughnuts. Anyone want some?
Well. You can easily make out a spot somewhere in SS. We are close to the 11th barracks. So he is facing south, which would be to his right, according to the map. Things have blown up around Seireitei so easily be a place with alot of Shinigami crowded, trying to help others etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.