Bleach: A New Dawn

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kame only gave it a moment's thought before shaking her head slightly. "Thank you for the offer but I'll be fine sir." She reached down towards the weights she'd dropped earlier and reclipped them onto her body before opening her dorm room. She lived humbly and all of her belongings could easily be carried in her arms save for the set of armour she'd inherited. Although Kame disliked wearing it, there seemed to be no other way to transport it - she was not about to let another person carry it around. Kame traced her fingers over the chestplate for a moment, not sure of where to start.

She had actually never worn it save for the time she'd applied to the academy and that time she'd had her mother and brother to help her with the numerous straps. As morbid as it was, Kame's best bet was to remember the process she undertook to remove the armour from her slain father and reverse it in her mind. A few uncomfortable moments followed where she squeezed into the chestplate and tied the bracers on. The leather strips were hard to tie over her weights but she managed, though a few of the strings were placed questionably. The helmet could be carried with her clothes and various supplements.

As Kame turned to leave her dorm room, she couldn't help but pause to give it one last look. Now cleaned out of everything she owned, it would have seen like any other dorm to others. To Kame however, it'd always be unique due to the five years worth of memories she'd had in room #347. Five years of pouring sweat over the wooden boards, rehearsing a particularly difficult kido incantation and more - she almost wished she had someone to share the feeling with. Her moment of reflection over, Kame shut the door to her previous life and turned to face her captain, ready to follow along as he lead the way.

She didn't mind his warning of the 12th division. Being ostracized for looking normal wouldn't be much different from being looked down upon for originating from the poorer districts of Rukongai. In fact, the idea of the role-reversal between the normal souls and the strange was quite funny to her. "Right behind you sir." Still, Kame had to wonder what her new comrades would look like. Mutated with syringes in their backs? Disfigured from a chemical explosion? Kame herself looked as if she'd applied to the 11th division but surely not everyone in the 12th division would be that different, would they?

Anri was walking around the Seireitei, her hands clenching her notepad to her chest as she looked like a lost puppy trying to find it's home. She hoped to find her older brother whom she had not seen for a over a century. She would stick her arm out to tap someone, but they would quickly walk away without her having a chance to do anything. A shinigami in a rush bumped her from behind, causing her to drop her notepad and brush on the ground, papers flying everywhere "Watch it!" The shinigami said as he left in a hurry. Anri fell on her butt, quickly getting up and trying to get the papers as a gust of wind came by and sent many of the papers flying off in the wind. Anri looked down as she managed to grab the notepad and her brush. Her mouth began to shake a little and her eyes watered up, trying to keep herself from crying as much as she could Onii-chan, where are you

Genesis
Rio sat at her desk, ordering then re-ordering her paperwork, always paying close attention to detail to ensure there were no mistakes. After filing away her stack of finished paperwork for the day, Rio lifted both of her arms into the air in order to stretch her body before letting her arms fall by her sides. Rolling the stiffness out of her shoulders that gathered from sitting in the same spot for quite a few hours, working non-stop, Rio stood up and pushed her chair back. Looking down, she lifted her arms up a little, gazing at her new Haori... It had been around 2-3 months since she assumed this position, however seeing the Squad Thirteen Haori covering her body was still new to her. She was just so used to looking up to others who wore Haoris that the idea of her being in a position alongside those she looked up to was unfathomable.

None-the-less, Rio gained a small smile. This item of clothing represented more than just the Squad she captained, it was a symbol of how far she had gotten in her life's journey and of just how much she had accomplished during that time. Walking around her desk, Rio strolled towards one of the mirrors hanging on one of the walls. Checking her eye-patch and hair while straightening out her Haori and clothing had became second-nature to her now. Making sure to be presentable at all times was imperative.

A soft knock on her door signalled that someone was in need of her. At this point, Rio's smile had slipped into a neutral line as she made her way towards the door before opening it.

"Yes?" She asked the woman who stood on the other-side of the doorway.
When the door finally opened Genesis looked at the captain for a brief second as if in shock. "ma'am. My name is Genesis Rain from squad four. I was hoping to be able to speak with you in regards to a personal matter. woman to woman" Though she maintained eye contact with the captain of squad 13 her demeanor wavered. It was a matter clearly important to her "my....my entire life i have had a lot of issues with men being.....men. always wanting me to be a trophy or a pretty face. I became a shinigami to get away from all that but ran into just as many gender roles and pigs here. But this time...this time I wasnt actually good at much so i joined squad 4." she paused for a moment before bowing at her waist "In the last few months I came to realize I could do more. If you have time....please help me be more"

Gio
upon hearing that he he had just missed Lieutenant Nishiki he left the barracks. He never quite like the place to be honest but that had more to do with the history than the people. with Plan A derailed he went onward to plan B. Each of his group, himself Sinai and Gio had a back up plan since getting help was never easy. Of course Gio could always go out to the Sect for a work out but they had been mysteriously quiet these last few months. As Gio transitioned himself from plan A to Plan B he came across a rather loud announcement. of purging hollows and bringing justice to squirrels. It didnt seem like much but it was a decent time to test himself. a few hollows shouldnt be an issue he thought. "Hey! Sign me up" he called to the man with the sign

Last edited:
Kimi
”…Captain?” Kimi had called out for a third time, knocking on his office door for the third time as well. She waited a few seconds to check if she could hear him, and tried sensing his spirit energy but alas there was nothing. Her hand reached down and engrossed the door with her fingers, slowly sliding it open to peak inside. “Oh!” she called out with her mouth forming a perfect circle staring at the mess that was made. She quickly walked inside and put her hands against the front of the flipped desk, pushing against it trying to push it onto its legs once again.

She grunted as she tried flipping it but sadly strength wasn’t her defining trait. She walked around the desk and gripped it from the other side beginning to pull as she tried taking steps backwards hoping to pull the desk back onto its legs. “Argh!” Kimi’s hands had slipped causing her to fall back, hitting her back on the window seal. She straightens herself soon enough with a few rubs to her back, then turned around after feeling a small breeze. “Huh, why has this window been opened? What exactly happened to you, Captain Amagi?” Kimi asked before jumping out of the window herself and landing on her feet.

She checked her surroundings but there seemed to be no signs of attacks so her assumption was that he probably got excited because his wife had made him some ramen with extra egg. That’s what got her excited, atleast. She began walking forward while looking around to see if her Captain was sitting somewhere and enjoying his meal, she hoped he was enjoying his meal. “Captain? Where have you rushed off to, to enjoy your meal?” As she walked around she came upon a Shinigami, one whom was bumped into causing her to fall with her papers flying everywhere. On top of that the guy was a jerk afterwards! She grits her teeth, hand on her sheath but she decided not to. There were always going to be guys like that one, and helping the victim was always the first thing to do. Running forward she jumped up and grabbed some of the papers in the air. Kimi walked in front of Anri and shoved the papers towards her. “It appears to me that you may have lost these when that rotten milk jug of a Shinigami bumped into you. It seems as if I was not able to get them all as the wind has taken them,” Kimi said as she looked into the sky before she looked back at Anri with a smile, “The name I was assigned to at birth is Kimi Ito! What about yours?”

Just as she was about to cry, a hand stook out to her holding a few pages of her notebook. She looked up at the person, her eyes wide and watery. She quickly wrapped her arms around the person, finding comfort and relief that there were still people willing to help each other out. She held her tightly for a moment, before quickly letting go and listening to her introduced herself. She rubbed her eyes with her sleeve, wiping the tears away. She bowed, pulling up her notebook and quickly writing in it. Her hands move very fast despite her appearance, showing that she has been doing this for a while. She held it towards Kimi, it saying "Thank you so much, I've been lost and haven't been able to find the barracks I'm looking for" She quickly moved it away and faced it back at her, flipping the page and writing again. She faced it towards Kimi "I'm Anri Onizuri, it's a pleasure to meet you"

Kame only gave it a moment's thought before shaking her head slightly. "Thank you for the offer but I'll be fine sir." She reached down towards the weights she'd dropped earlier and reclipped them onto her body before opening her dorm room. She lived humbly and all of her belongings could easily be carried in her arms save for the set of armour she'd inherited. Although Kame disliked wearing it, there seemed to be no other way to transport it - she was not about to let another person carry it around. Kame traced her fingers over the chestplate for a moment, not sure of where to start.

She had actually never worn it save for the time she'd applied to the academy and that time she'd had her mother and brother to help her with the numerous straps. As morbid as it was, Kame's best bet was to remember the process she undertook to remove the armour from her slain father and reverse it in her mind. A few uncomfortable moments followed where she squeezed into the chestplate and tied the bracers on. The leather strips were hard to tie over her weights but she managed, though a few of the strings were placed questionably. The helmet could be carried with her clothes and various supplements.

As Kame turned to leave her dorm room, she couldn't help but pause to give it one last look. Now cleaned out of everything she owned, it would have seen like any other dorm to others. To Kame however, it'd always be unique due to the five years worth of memories she'd had in room #347. Five years of pouring sweat over the wooden boards, rehearsing a particularly difficult kido incantation and more - she almost wished she had someone to share the feeling with. Her moment of reflection over, Kame shut the door to her previous life and turned to face her captain, ready to follow along as he lead the way.

She didn't mind his warning of the 12th division. Being ostracized for looking normal wouldn't be much different from being looked down upon for originating from the poorer districts of Rukongai. In fact, the idea of the role-reversal between the normal souls and the strange was quite funny to her. "Right behind you sir." Still, Kame had to wonder what her new comrades would look like. Mutated with syringes in their backs? Disfigured from a chemical explosion? Kame herself looked as if she'd applied to the 11th division but surely not everyone in the 12th division would be that different, would they?
Kagiko blinked a few times as Kame said she was fine which then prompted him to smile, at least he had offered. Kagiko waited outside Kame's room looking around at the academy and it's students, some snickering as the walked past causing him to gain a look of confusion. Kagiko began looking at his uniform to see if there was something wrong with it, he then took off his hat to inspect it and see if it was okay and nothing was wrong there...what were they laughing at? Kagiko looked for a mirror but couldn't see one from his immediate position and so instead unsheathed his Zanpakuto and used it's clear surface to look at his face to see he had a badly drawn curly moustache on his face which caused him to jump back as he then began to rub his face trying to get it off but only ended up smudging it making it worse, this made his eyes narrow as he sheathed his Zanpakuto "Damn kids" he said mumbling to himself

As he finished trying to rub the moustache off Kame came out from her room wearing some sort of armor which was pretty interesting. He had to wonder if she took that with her everywhere she went? Regardless it looked pretty good...kinda of made him jealous as he wished he had some cool armor to wear, then again...it'd never see combat as the 12th Division didn't deal with that to much...however Kagiko was trying to change this fact and have some of his more Normal members be a bit more involved with the daily workings of other squads so they could go on missions and grow stronger. Hearing Kame say she was ready to set off Kagiko nodded as he began walking off, making sure Kame was following. He made his ways through the halls of the Academy and eventually to an exit. Now the next destination was Squad 12 "So...if you don't mind me asking. What made you want to join Squad 12 over the other squads? Not that I am complaining...far from it, I'm actually very pleased some people want to join the Squad...after all...most of the members are smart...yet lack any decent combat skill...something I would like to change or at least balance out...it's a bit of a downer having near enough the worst squad for combat...not really the sort of people you want protecting precious data" Kagiko said followed by a chuckle

After his little speech, everyone stared at him and groaned as he was at it again with the whole justice thing. By their reactions it seemed to be a daily occurrence with no one ever stepping up. That was until today when Gio decided to tag along which made Neil kick over the stand and grabbed his hand. "You are more than welcome ally of justice! I cannot wait to working together to eradicate the evil ones!! Anyone else to join the side of justice!!!!!" Neil shouted letting go of Gio as he looked at everyone, who for some reason stopped and all shunpoed away leaving the walk way clear of any life. "Huh? Must be shy. Oh well more justice for us!" Neil said shunpoing off in the distance, heading to any location really that would have some hollows near it. Crash landing near the outskirts of district 56, Neil looked around and in the distance spotted some hollows, Neil then pointed his fist at then and stomped his right foot on the ground cracking it. "Prepare yourself evil fiends! For the justice squad will rain down upon you!!!" Neil said as he jumped up in the air above the hollow who looked around, only to began getting squished as Neil fell down with his right hand gripping the hollows head flattening it like a pancake against the ground. Neil then cracked his neck as he looked at the group of hollows starting to charge in. He rammed his fingers into the ground, and quite literally ripped a chunk of the ground out and threw it at a couple of hollows who's heads were blown off when it hit them.

Nishiki looked down as a head of black hair walked past her and into the room. She eyed the girl as she walked until she stopped, wondering who she was since she didn't recognised her... Looking around a little more, Nishiki realised that she only knew one face, the rest were lost to her, however she did known the name of the Captain... but that was about it. "Tch." Turning her body, Nishiki took to leaning against the door-frame with her arms crossed, looking dead straight. She didn't bother lay her eyes on Juki, not even for a second, instead she just listened to what he had to say.

Once he had finished talking, Nishiki rolled her eyes and pushed herself off the door-frame as the other Captain spoke. She waited a little until everyone had left the room before she shunpo'ed herself and followed, making her way to the destination. Something told her that she wasn't going to have fun on this mission.... However atleast Shoske was here, maybe if they bumped into any enemies the two could compete for who killed off the most or whatever. Atleast this would give her a chance to observe Shoske fighting while doing her own thing.

Arriving at the area, Nishiki halted her shunpo'ing and walked towards the Captain as he made an order. "Yu right?... Anyway, shouldn't Shoske go with one of the other two members and I go with whoever's left? I know Shoske is more than capable to defend himself incase we run into enemies, he is Squad Eleven after all. However, I don't know anything about those two. I think it'd be better if I went with one of them just to be sure that if anything happens, there's a well-trained fighter in each group." Nishiki crossed her arms as she spoke, her face showing that she was being serious however that also made her look slightly annoyed. Maybe she was annoyed a tiny bit, but that didn't matter, if a fight did break out then that'd lift her spirits.

Genesis
When the door finally opened Genesis looked at the captain for a brief second as if in shock. "ma'am. My name is Genesis Rain from squad four. I was hoping to be able to speak with you in regards to a personal matter. woman to woman" Though she maintained eye contact with the captain of squad 13 her demeanor wavered. It was a matter clearly important to her "my....my entire life i have had a lot of issues with men being.....men. always wanting me to be a trophy or a pretty face. I became a shinigami to get away from all that but ran into just as many gender roles and pigs here. But this time...this time I wasnt actually good at much so i joined squad 4." she paused for a moment before bowing at her waist "In the last few months I came to realize I could do more. If you have time....please help me be more"
Rio stood at her door and listened to the woman who introduce herself as Genesis Rain, her uncovered left eye holding contact with both of hers. She listened to Genesis speak, however wasn't entirely sure of what exactly she wanted Rio to do... Stepping back, Rio opened her door a little further and turned to walk towards her desk before turning back to face Genesis. Leaning her back against the front edge of her desk, Rio gripped the edges of it comfortably while looking at Genesis. "I see. Well, what is it you'd like me to do for you? Also, surely your Captain knows much more about you, she might be able to help you more than I, depending on what you're looking to do exactly." Rio spoke calmly, her voice giving off her usual sense of professionalism.

Shoske raised an eyebrow when two more people entered the Head Captain's room, and not only that but one was his Lieutenant Nishiki. This man, Juki, wasn't telling them the full details. Something had to be up otherwise they would of sent 2 seated as usual, rather than 5 seated and up shinigamis. He kept that to himself however, keeping a straight face as he listened to Juki explain their mission to them and the captain quickly left. Shoske him, keeping up the entire time but staying more near the back of the group. They arrived on the outskirts of the Soul Society.

----
A ways from the group

The female Togabito's finger twitched "They've arrived" One of the twins was drawing symbols on the ground with his spike finger, not really paying a whole lot of attention. The other twin chuckled "Ah finally, I thought this was just gonna be a massacre but it looks like they sent out a few of their dogs." "It's to be expected. How far are they and how strong are they?" The largest one asked the female "They're not that far off, but we can easily avoid them if you desire it. However, they are really close to our final destination which can be a problem regarding our mission. From what I can tell from when they entered my web, I'd say a captain, a lieutenant and a few seated members" The regular one turned around "Are you kidding me? Just 1 Lieutenant and Captain? Great, this will be over fast. I'm guessing you'll take the captain?" He said, facing his leader. The man nodded "Well, looks like we'll be fighting for the Lieutenant" He snapped his fingers, a small spark of electricity forming between them. "No, Widow will take care of the Lieutenant. The rest of you settle it between yourselves" The regular sized one sighed, wanting to fight the lieutenant but not wanting to go against the man's' orders. The twin who was drawing stood up, snickering as his finger returned to normal "Finished. And...Does this mean what I think it does?" He said, looking up at the leader. The leader nodded "Yes, we're going to engage them and kill them. Bolg, you finish up the mission while fighting a seated rank. I assume you can do that" The spiked finger twin nodded "Of course, plus it'll be fun cutting up my target" He snickered again, excitment boiling in all of their veins "Remember, we are limited to these suits and if any of our masks are broken, we'll be returned and punished in Hell. Those were the terms, so don't over exert yourselves. Got it?" They all nodded, the air turning far more sinister than before. They no longer gave off the vibe of sane beings but instead ravenous monsters. He let out a chuckle "Good, let's head out" They all vanished, heading out to confront the small group of shinigami

----
Shoske nodded, agreeing with Nishiki "I'm gonna have to agree with Nishiki on this one. I'm not trying to doubt either of your skills or anything, but I think it'll be best if we distribute out our skills evenly. Having two focused Zanjutsu users would be less effective than having a Zanjutsu user and Kido user-" At that moment, Shoske's eyes widened. All of them would feel an immense killing lust, as if a knife was being pressed against all of their throats regardless of rank. Shoske turned to face the direction of where it came from, only for it to instantly vanish and only dust was in sight. "We're not alone" He said, placing his hand on his right zanpakuto.

A captain, a lieutenant, and three seated members including himself. Why would the Head Captain need them if this was some sort of mission? All that was needed was to send of a couple of low seated shinigami out to check it out and then it would be done. It was as simple as that...or was it? If the mission was as he said it was to be then there wouldn't be a need for a five man troupe of shinigami being lead by a captain and lieutenant. Something was being concealed from them, that's one thing to be sure of though he didn't wish to be rude to someone of such high authority. They'll just have to find out for themselves. For now he would just follow the captain in charge off to their destination.

Upon arriving, Yu, the captain of their little entourage split up into three groups; one with the two squad 11 members, the girl in his squad and Zheng, and Yu by himself. He had no object though the lieutenant and Shoske seemed to disagree. While he wouldn't show it, he was still offended for being underestimated slightly by the lieutenant. No matter how much it annoyed him Zheng had to agree with Shoske. Squad 11 is notorious for having no skills in kido so pitting two swordsman as a team would probably not be effective.

What the hell? This killing intent was life a cold knife pressed against his bare skin! Just where was this coming from? He faced in the direction of where it was, but it vanished into dust. "You're right." Zheng responded to Shoske. "Looks like we've got company."

Kimi
Once hugged, Kimi did nothing except for smile and speak afterwards, “While I do enjoy this particular near universal form of physical intimacy I am afraid that I am unable to return such intimacy as my hands are full of your thin material known as paper.” Once the smaller girl released her embrace Kimi stared down at her, watching her wipe her tears away with her sleeve. The girl then bowed before pulling up her notebook and beginning to write, very fast Kimi had noticed. Once shown the words, Kimi’s eyes scanned the paper reading; "Thank you so much, I've been lost and haven't been able to find the barracks I'm looking for.” Kimi tilted her head wondering which barrack the girl was looking for. Maybe she could help, after all that was part of her job, it wasn’t just limited to normal souls. Her eyes widened slightly once the girl pulled the notebook away, next flipping the page to write something else. Once finished the girl showed Kimi the page again to introduce herself; "I'm Anri Onizuri, it's a pleasure to meet you.”

“The feeling of happy satisfaction and enjoyment from discourse with you is mutual,” Kimi replied with a smile, “May I know which barracks you are searching for? I may be able to provide my assistances in your endeavors to find such as I am also searching for something. My Captain may very well be at said barracks you are aiming to find, possibly enjoying his ramen with extra egg!”

His efforts to make his drawn mustache more inconspicuous only served to make it worse, Kame noted. It reminded her of her brother Eiji's antics and for a second she thought about wiping it off for him. Only for a second though, and Kame returned to her normal state as they walked through the academy. She could sense the stares of some of the other students as they made their way through the halls but she paid them no heed. It wasn't likely she'd seem most of them ever again, considering how the average Shinigami took six years to graduate. In five years... well, she'd think about that when the time came. Leaving the academy itself was no harder than leaving her dormitory, perhaps less so as she'd never spent much time socializing with her classmates.

Upon her captain's question she rattled off another rehearsed answer, forcing enthusiasm into her voice. "For research, sir! None of the other divisions had the support and the environment like the twelfth." She didn't mention her view on the other squads, for as far as she was concerned the less anyone knew about her the better it'd be. Still, she thought she'd offer her thoughts on strength - at least what she thought would improve her captain's view of her. "If I may, sir? I believe that a sharp mind is just as deadly as a sharp blade." She continued following Kagiko and smiled, realizing the extra weight the armour added to on top of the ones already strapped on to her would make up for her botched morning. They'd been walking for quite some time now but Kame didn't think anything of it as the Seireitei was known to be quite large. Rumour had it that it took ten days to walk from one end to the other and if it took ten days to reach the 12th Division's barracks, Kame wouldn't complain.

As Yu continued walking, Shiro's lieutenant came up to him and proposed her own idea, which made Yu scratch his head as he gazed at Shoske then Shizuka and Zheng. "Noted, not sure why you squad eleven wants to pair up with someone who uses kido but fine by me. Shoske, I'll leave Shizuka in your hands then..... Actually Shizuka don't stab Shoske. Nishiki try not to damage or scar Zheng for life." Yu spoke when suddenly the killing intent that was beyond comprehension appeared out of nowhere. On instinct Yu instantly grabbed his zanpakuto's as he looked around. "Well then, guess well figure out about this portal after we kick the ass of whoever is watching us. If you can capture them, do it. But I'd say this killing intent is enough reason to kill on sight if you so choose." Yu said as he walked forward a bit as he took a pause for a moment. "Well? We know your there. Why don't you come out? Or.... are you scared of a ragtag group?"

Gio
Clearly signing on for this little justice endeavor would be stranger than he thought. Of course he already knew it wasn’t really an official mission considering it came from a soap box rather than an office report but this…was something else. He followed his ‘justice pal’ out to the 56th​ district and just kind of watch the guy go rampant. Gio reached for his zanpakuto, which he recently began wearing across his back but change his mind and let it go for now and cracked his knuckles. He rose to the balls of his feet before shunpoing into the air. With a flipping falling axe kick he smashed one hollow into the ground. With a practiced spin he backfisted another hollows claw away which gave him a clear punch to its ugly mug sending it clear across the field. Gio dove right to avoid being piled on by hollows and rolled to his feet. With the momentum he leaned back, avoiding another claw and launching a rainbow kick to the beast jaw. However it held its ground until the tessho connected with its angry face and obliterated the damn thing. But now Gio was surrounded, he wasn’t worried…just surrounded. They would attack first, and he would kill them. Simple

Genesis
Genesis stood back up and brushed her hair out of her face so she could look at Captain Rio. “Sinai, from squad 2 actually recommended you. She said you used to train people when you were in squad 2. I have been in squad 4 for years ma’am. Captain Viole knew me well, and if he were still with us I would have gone to him.” A bit of sadness flashed through her eyes but was covered quickly by resolve “but this new captain, I’ve been having a hard time….accepting her. So it’s hard for me to go to her…for anything.” Genesis glanced around the room as if looking for the right words to say “my shikai, my sword…in as long as I have been a nurse I only used it twice. I would like to learn” chances are there is a bit more to the story that she was having trouble putting into words. But at the very least she was serious.

As Kame and Captain Kagiko walked along the halls of the Academy, another girl was also moving across the very same halls. Their paths were close to intersecting.

Hioshimi moved drunkenly down the halls of the Academy, in a slow, shuffling gait. Her eyes slipped to the hazy figures walking up and down the halls, their gossiping, tell-tale murmurings reverberated in Hioshimi's ears like the buzzing of a swarm of angry wasps. Her head thumped at the temple, in time with each sluggish step she took down the hall, holding onto her Asauchi so tightly that her knuckles went white from the strain. Each step caused a little jingling noise, which was muffled and seemed far away from Hioshimi as it was.

Silently, the Shinigami-in-training quietly lamented staying up all night, writing and tossing and re-writing letters until the small hours in the morning when she started to train again; now, after completing her training and also having graduated the day before, she wished to return to her dorm room and get some rest before trying to apply to a squad again.

Unfortunately for Hioshimi, she would never get the chance to do so; her path was set out ahead of her, and it took her straight to the feet of Captain Kagiko - quite literally.

Hioshimi felt it before it had happened - she saw the corners of her vision darkening and blurring as the sounds became more and more distant. At that moment, she reached the same hall that Kame and Captain kagiko were walking across briskly, tripped on her scruffy uniform, and was sent reeling forward. She hit the floorboards with a dull thump, dropping her Asauchi and causing the handful of letters she had in her pocket to spill out onto the floor - one of these was already sealed, with the mark of the 12th squad on the envelope in impressive calligraphy.

For a while, Hioshimi lay quite still, eyes shut; but eventually, she made a little grunting noise and wearily pushed herself up using her elbows, standing up and bowing to the pair in a silent apology - the act alone almost making her topple over again - and her gaze slipped up to the Captain and Kame in a look of surprise. After all, it's rare that a Captain would walk along with a student, even more-so to be in the centre of the action and finding out what it might be that caused such a meeting.

Upon closer inspection of Hioshimi herself, Captain Kagiko and Kame would notice a rather meagre-looking student, with dusty clothes on that are a size bigger than she should really be wearing, two little bells in her pale blonde hair and pale skin showing signs of bruises. Her hunched demeanour and gentle swaying, coupled with the dark bags under her eyes, signalled a case of severe sleep deprivation...

...However, her bright violet eyes and curious expression were her distinguishing traits. She looked so utterly curious and inquisitive about the world around her that perhaps she completely forgot about her own personal appearance, and it would be easy to assume that this constant awe and urge to delve into mysteries kept her awake at night. She knelt down to pick up her papers, her voice speaking out in a tremulous, humbled tone; "I'm...I'm so sorry, I d-didn't see you there Captain, I shouldn't have-...The bells on your uniform don't ring when you move."

The sudden change of topic would be a bit of an unexpected move, but Hioshimi either didn't pick up on the distinct aura of dottiness she was emitting, too busy peering at the little bells on the Captain's uniform with an intrigued stare. "How do you do that, sir? I doubt they're broken...That's so interesting." she mused, fingers slipping over the envelope for Squad 12 as she stood up, flashing a peaceful smile at the pair of them. "And your armour, too. It doesn't fit you. You're both full of surprises!"

Eventually, the possibility that perhaps Hioshimi was in the way and interrupting something very important managed to make it through the chaotic mess of Hioshimi's mind, and she stumbled back and out of the way - a few of the other students were sniggering at her humiliation. She drops her voice to a melancholic whisper, her cheeks reddening at the sudden awareness of the whispers and giggles. "I'm...sorry. Do not mind me. Go on with your business."

Reactions: Kurisa
His efforts to make his drawn mustache more inconspicuous only served to make it worse, Kame noted. It reminded her of her brother Eiji's antics and for a second she thought about wiping it off for him. Only for a second though, and Kame returned to her normal state as they walked through the academy. She could sense the stares of some of the other students as they made their way through the halls but she paid them no heed. It wasn't likely she'd seem most of them ever again, considering how the average Shinigami took six years to graduate. In five years... well, she'd think about that when the time came. Leaving the academy itself was no harder than leaving her dormitory, perhaps less so as she'd never spent much time socializing with her classmates.

Upon her captain's question she rattled off another rehearsed answer, forcing enthusiasm into her voice. "For research, sir! None of the other divisions had the support and the environment like the twelfth." She didn't mention her view on the other squads, for as far as she was concerned the less anyone knew about her the better it'd be. Still, she thought she'd offer her thoughts on strength - at least what she thought would improve her captain's view of her. "If I may, sir? I believe that a sharp mind is just as deadly as a sharp blade." She continued following Kagiko and smiled, realizing the extra weight the armour added to on top of the ones already strapped on to her would make up for her botched morning. They'd been walking for quite some time now but Kame didn't think anything of it as the Seireitei was known to be quite large. Rumour had it that it took ten days to walk from one end to the other and if it took ten days to reach the 12th Division's barracks, Kame wouldn't complain.
As Kame and Captain Kagiko walked along the halls of the Academy, another girl was also moving across the very same halls. Their paths were close to intersecting.

Hioshimi moved drunkenly down the halls of the Academy, in a slow, shuffling gait. Her eyes slipped to the hazy figures walking up and down the halls, their gossiping, tell-tale murmurings reverberated in Hioshimi's ears like the buzzing of a swarm of angry wasps. Her head thumped at the temple, in time with each sluggish step she took down the hall, holding onto her Asauchi so tightly that her knuckles went white from the strain. Each step caused a little jingling noise, which was muffled and seemed far away from Hioshimi as it was.

Silently, the Shinigami-in-training quietly lamented staying up all night, writing and tossing and re-writing letters until the small hours in the morning when she started to train again; now, after completing her training and also having graduated the day before, she wished to return to her dorm room and get some rest before trying to apply to a squad again.

Unfortunately for Hioshimi, she would never get the chance to do so; her path was set out ahead of her, and it took her straight to the feet of Captain Kagiko - quite literally.

Hioshimi felt it before it had happened - she saw the corners of her vision darkening and blurring as the sounds became more and more distant. At that moment, she reached the same hall that Kame and Captain kagiko were walking across briskly, tripped on her scruffy uniform, and was sent reeling forward. She hit the floorboards with a dull thump, dropping her Asauchi and causing the handful of letters she had in her pocket to spill out onto the floor - one of these was already sealed, with the mark of the 12th squad on the envelope in impressive calligraphy.

For a while, Hioshimi lay quite still, eyes shut; but eventually, she made a little grunting noise and wearily pushed herself up using her elbows, standing up and bowing to the pair in a silent apology - the act alone almost making her topple over again - and her gaze slipped up to the Captain and Kame in a look of surprise. After all, it's rare that a Captain would walk along with a student, even more-so to be in the centre of the action and finding out what it might be that caused such a meeting.

Upon closer inspection of Hioshimi herself, Captain Kagiko and Kame would notice a rather meagre-looking student, with dusty clothes on that are a size bigger than she should really be wearing, two little bells in her pale blonde hair and pale skin showing signs of bruises. Her hunched demeanour and gentle swaying, coupled with the dark bags under her eyes, signalled a case of severe sleep deprivation...

...However, her bright violet eyes and curious expression were her distinguishing traits. She looked so utterly curious and inquisitive about the world around her that perhaps she completely forgot about her own personal appearance, and it would be easy to assume that this constant awe and urge to delve into mysteries kept her awake at night. She knelt down to pick up her papers, her voice speaking out in a tremulous, humbled tone; "I'm...I'm so sorry, I d-didn't see you there Captain, I shouldn't have-...The bells on your uniform don't ring when you move."

The sudden change of topic would be a bit of an unexpected move, but Hioshimi either didn't pick up on the distinct aura of dottiness she was emitting, too busy peering at the little bells on the Captain's uniform with an intrigued stare. "How do you do that, sir? I doubt they're broken...That's so interesting." she mused, fingers slipping over the envelope for Squad 12 as she stood up, flashing a peaceful smile at the pair of them. "And your armour, too. It doesn't fit you. You're both full of surprises!"

Eventually, the possibility that perhaps Hioshimi was in the way and interrupting something very important managed to make it through the chaotic mess of Hioshimi's mind, and she stumbled back and out of the way - a few of the other students were sniggering at her humiliation. She drops her voice to a melancholic whisper, her cheeks reddening at the sudden awareness of the whispers and giggles. "I'm...sorry. Do not mind me. Go on with your business."

Kagiko listened as Kame spoke then nodded "Well that is true...I like the way you think. I think you could do very well in Squad 12, I almost can't wait to see how you turn out! it's exciting" Kagiko said then his attention was snapped away by a girl with pale blonde hair tripping over, clearly she was heavily deprived of sleep and as a cause of this it seemed her general appearance suffered. Kagiko noticed the papers and such go flying everywhere one in particular caught his eye, he wouldn't miss the mark of his Squad as he captained it.

This girl wanted something to do with the 12th Division which intrigued him. He stopped and watched as she picked up her letters then bowed almost falling flat on her face again. Kagiko picked up on her look of interest...this girl in herself was certainly interesting, he hadn't met someone like this before. He listened as the girl spoke, noticing how she referenced to the bells he wore on his uniform...so despite her tired appearance she was quite sharp at noticing the small things such as the bells on his uniform not ringing.

Kagiko smiled at the girl as she apologised then spoke "Oh no don't worry, it's fine. I'd like to explain the way these bells work but this is neither the time nor the place...I couldn't help but notice that envelope you had with Squad 12's mark on it. Is there something you wanted from the 12th Division? The only reason ask is that since I am here I may as well answer what is within the contents of that envelope...unless you wish to swing by the 12th Division later? I'm always intrigued to meet new people after all" Kagiko continued to smile at her before looking around at those who were sniggering. Kagiko continued to smile yet even that was enough to quieten them...

Reactions: Ythania
As Yu continued walking, Shiro's lieutenant came up to him and proposed her own idea, which made Yu scratch his head as he gazed at Shoske then Shizuka and Zheng. "Noted, not sure why you squad eleven wants to pair up with someone who uses kido but fine by me. Shoske, I'll leave Shizuka in your hands then..... Actually Shizuka don't stab Shoske. Nishiki try not to damage or scar Zheng for life." Yu spoke when suddenly the killing intent that was beyond comprehension appeared out of nowhere. On instinct Yu instantly grabbed his zanpakuto's as he looked around. "Well then, guess well figure out about this portal after we kick the ass of whoever is watching us. If you can capture them, do it. But I'd say this killing intent is enough reason to kill on sight if you so choose." Yu said as he walked forward a bit as he took a pause for a moment. "Well? We know your there. Why don't you come out? Or.... are you scared of a ragtag group?"
Shizuka remained quiet as everyone spoke and decided on some sort of plan, she didn't care much for their plans aslong as she got to kill someone. Shizuka watched as her captain gripped onto his Zanpakuto feeling their Killing intent. Shizuka barely felt this however, likely because she was one of the people wanting to kill more than whoever these people were...if anything feeling this excited her despite not showing it, She couldn't wait for her Zanpakuto to taste blood...especially the one of a killer...if there was one thing Shizuka liked killing more than a criminal...it was a murderer...they were just prizes to her and all she had to do to win it was cut and stab them...even as she thought about it she grew more excited...the possibilities of what she could do! they were limitless! if they were strong it'd be even better! She could try tear out their guts while they are still alive, maybe even try suffocate them with their own innards...it was bad enough to face Shizuka when she wanted to kill you...but when she wanted to do worse...that was the time you would want to consider running regardless of who you are...

Like Kagiko, Kame's attention was taken away by the rather clumsy arrival of an academy student who came sprawling into the scene. Kame stopped dead in her tracks and waited for the girl to get up - did she think that by laying still nobody would be able to see her? The stranger seemed like quite a busy person, judging from the number of envelopes that came spilling out her pockets. Perhaps too busy, Kame noted once the girl stood up.

Her face was gaunt and her raccoon like eyes coupled with the unsteadiness of her swaying made Kame think that her accident earlier wasn't uncommon. The bruises on her body further supported this thought and Kame was impressed. To work to this point of exhaustion was foolhardy but admirable all the same. She was also very absentminded and the more Kame listened to her speak, the more she reminded her of a child. So when this innocent nature was lost to the self-consciousness that the other students' snickers created, Kame was tempted to shoot them a quick glare.

Kame herself had to share in the other girl's humiliation when she had pointed out her unfitted armour. It'd been made for a male frame and that coupled with the fact that she didn't know how to tie it up exactly did cause a rather jarring appearance. Not to mention the taunts she'd suffered as a Rukongai resident... shame truly was one of the worst feelings their minds had to offer. Still, true to her word, Kame let her eyes gloss over and she didn't let herself get involved.

As her captain spoke to this stranger Kame busied herself with picking up the stranger's Asauchi. It lacked a notable... feeling to it and she suspected that it had not yet been released. The simple black handhold and the steel blade was like any other sword she'd seen in the academy. Not like Tenkujira, her rusty old blade reflected the nature of her Zanpakuto Spirit. Done with her observations, she offered it back to its owner hilt first before stepping back to let her captain speak. It surprised her that he was able to silence the crowds without even a glance. It seemed that even a captain as carefree as this one carried around a reputation as deadly as their blades.

Reactions: Ythania and Kurisa
Kagiko listened as Kame spoke then nodded "Well that is true...I like the way you think. I think you could do very well in Squad 12, I almost can't wait to see how you turn out! it's exciting" Kagiko said then his attention was snapped away by a girl with pale blonde hair tripping over, clearly she was heavily deprived of sleep and as a cause of this it seemed her general appearance suffered. Kagiko noticed the papers and such go flying everywhere one in particular caught his eye, he wouldn't miss the mark of his Squad as he captained it.

This girl wanted something to do with the 12th Division which intrigued him. He stopped and watched as she picked up her letters then bowed almost falling flat on her face again. Kagiko picked up on her look of interest...this girl in herself was certainly interesting, he hadn't met someone like this before. He listened as the girl spoke, noticing how she referenced to the bells he wore on his uniform...so despite her tired appearance she was quite sharp at noticing the small things such as the bells on his uniform not ringing.

Kagiko smiled at the girl as she apologised then spoke "Oh no don't worry, it's fine. I'd like to explain the way these bells work but this is neither the time nor the place...I couldn't help but notice that envelope you had with Squad 12's mark on it. Is there something you wanted from the 12th Division? The only reason ask is that since I am here I may as well answer what is within the contents of that envelope...unless you wish to swing by the 12th Division later? I'm always intrigued to meet new people after all" Kagiko continued to smile at her before looking around at those who were sniggering. Kagiko continued to smile yet even that was enough to quieten them...
Like Kagiko, Kame's attention was taken away by the rather clumsy arrival of an academy student who came sprawling into the scene. Kame stopped dead in her tracks and waited for the girl to get up - did she think that by laying still nobody would be able to see her? The stranger seemed like quite a busy person, judging from the number of envelopes that came spilling out her pockets. Perhaps too busy, Kame noted once the girl stood up.

Her face was gaunt and her raccoon like eyes coupled with the unsteadiness of her swaying made Kame think that her accident earlier wasn't uncommon. The bruises on her body further supported this thought and Kame was impressed. To work to this point of exhaustion was foolhardy but admirable all the same. She was also very absentminded and the more Kame listened to her speak, the more she reminded her of a child. So when this innocent nature was lost to the self-consciousness that the other students' snickers created, Kame was tempted to shoot them a quick glare.

Kame herself had to share in the other girl's humiliation when she had pointed out her unfitted armour. It'd been made for a male frame and that coupled with the fact that she didn't know how to tie it up exactly did cause a rather jarring appearance. Not to mention the taunts she'd suffered as a Rukongai resident... shame truly was one of the worst feelings their minds had to offer. Still, true to her word, Kame let her eyes gloss over and she didn't let herself get involved.

As her captain spoke to this stranger Kame busied herself with picking up the stranger's Asauchi. It lacked a notable... feeling to it and she suspected that it had not yet been released. The simple black handhold and the steel blade was like any other sword she'd seen in the academy. Not like Tenkujira, her rusty old blade reflected the nature of her Zanpakuto Spirit. Done with her observations, she offered it back to its owner hilt first before stepping back to let her captain speak. It surprised her that he was able to silence the crowds without even a glance. It seemed that even a captain as carefree as this one carried around a reputation as deadly as their blades.
"I want to join Squad 12, sir."

Even as Hioshimi said it, she knew it was ballsy to ask outright - but her untidy and overall exhausted appearance made it seem nigh impossible. Why would Captain Kagiko have the slightest reason to accept some odd, clearly unorganised woman who fell over him in the hallway? Was that really what he wanted wearing his insignia, and representing the S.R.D.I? If the captain's glare wasn't enough to silence the onlookers, being brave enough to ask would have sent the whole academy into a ringing silence.

But Hioshimi had some sort of self-confidence, fuelled by her insomnia; a complete lack of care for the thoughts of others. Though it sometimes wavered - as it did moments before - this confidence came back with a vengeance as she took a hold of her Asauchi. "I understand you don't have any reason to accept me, and you don't need to make a decision right away...in fact, it would be rather foolish to accept someone who doesn't even know the name of her Zanpakuto, even if I did manage to impress you."

Hioshimi pulled out the letter for the captain, straightening her back as she handed it to the Captain calmly. "I specialise in Kido, so if you're looking for a melee fighter, I'd go for the lady next to you. Her armour doesn't fit. That means she got it from someone close to her who used to be a warrior..."

Despite her own self-depreciation, Hioshimi shot Kame a reassuring look and a smile; it didn't take a mastermind to notice when someone felt ashamed, especially when you've been the victim of humiliation for a long time. "On top of that, it's really ornate, too - but it's been used. That means whoever he was, he must've been a very good warrior, and probably got that set as a reward for his combat."

Hioshimi brightened up, fixing her Asauchi to her belt again and dusting herself off. At the very least, if she wasn't going to be accepted, then she wanted to help her fellow student take her spot instead. "I'll wait for two weeks for your decision, Captain. Don't let me take any more of your time." continued Hioshimi, saluting (and again wobbling) and beginning to make her way down the hallway to her dorm, aware of the onlookers.

Status
Not open for further replies.