Bleach: A New Dawn (OOC/Sign-up)

Status
Not open for further replies.
so this Kido and hoho level thing? well Kido in my case, who determines the level. Because I know how I would distribute the levels in my head but it might not necessarily go with what a GM would agree with... for Gio anyway.

so this Kido and hoho level thing? well Kido in my case, who determines the level. Because I know how I would distribute the levels in my head but it might not necessarily go with what a GM would agree with... for Gio anyway.
Okay, send me a list of what you think is fair via PM and us Co-Gms and the GM will discuss and let you know what we think ^_^

BAAD!

Just because he may of lost battles, doesn't mean he's not strong xD He's still a Captain, Captain's have to be strong and smart to be Captains surely o3o Doesn't need to win every battle to be strong. And alrighty then, I won't either.

You do that o3o

GOOD!

He's considered strong because he's a Captain, but comparing him to other Captains then he's still the weakest. He's the weakest, while others aside from Zaraki, Jushiro, and Shunsui would probably be considered average. And in a battle manga your win lost ratio is a major function in determining strength, not just abilities.

Plus theres that dog captain >_> got his ass whooped all the time, then wins but yeahh, you know the rest xD so I wouldn't say Toshiro is the weakest
*Might be spoilers from the manga*

Actually no, he's only had two losses. He won against Choe Neng Poww, and with Hisagi against Tosen. The fight with Zaraki was never fully shown, and he lost against Bambi then won against her. His other lost was to Aizen.

Hitsugaya on the other hand? Couldn't do shit to Ichimaru, gets trolled by Aizen constantly, got his ass beat by Bazz-B, then Mayuri made him his play thing. He won against a weak ass Arrancar, a weak ass Fullbringer, and then Chinese boy. He's soft as a marshmallow, and the only reason I put Sajin above him is because he doesn't get that worse of a treatment. Hell, I put Hirako over Hitsugaya and Hirako hasn't done shit since Grimmjow. And don't give me that, ohheconfuzzledaizenohmahgawd! Aizen allowed him, end of story.

But shit, atleast Hirako has a cool persona.

GOOD!

He's considered strong because he's a Captain, but comparing him to other Captains then he's still the weakest. He's the weakest, while others aside from Zaraki, Jushiro, and Shunsui would probably be considered average. And in a battle manga your win lost ratio is a major function in determining strength, not just abilities.

BAD!

Well he's still strong in general though xD You make him out to seem like he's the level of an unseated or something xD And well, those three may be stronger but like Shoske said, fox/dog-head dude seems weaker and you still should consider the age of Hitsugaya and how much he's improved being the age he is. Pretty sure being the youngest Captain takes strength and skill, especially to even stand beside the other Captains and run your own Squad o3o And it'd more likely show that he could end up becoming stronger than most Captains as he gets older, he seems to have the most potential to me o3o

Not gunna read the other part then xD Planning on reading the Manga finally o3o

BAD!

Well he's still strong in general though xD You make him out to seem like he's the level of an unseated or something xD And well, those three may be stronger but like Shoske said, fox/dog-head dude seems weaker and you still should consider the age of Hitsugaya and how much he's improved being the age he is. Pretty sure being the youngest Captain takes strength and skill, especially to even stand beside the other Captains and run your own Squad o3o And it'd more likely show that he could end up becoming stronger than most Captains as he gets older, he seems to have the most potential to me o3o

Not gunna read the other part then xD Planning on reading the Manga finally o3o
Good!
Well the other part refutes all of that, so let's end it here :confetti:

In my opinion, if Toshiro and doggie cap fight, Toshiro would win >_>
Could you explain the mastery system to me?
Its basically the same for masteries xD the points your char would get would probably be either low seated level/mid (this is for Zheng im guessing?) So you use the points to earn the skills you want Zheng to have oxo

In my opinion, if Toshiro and doggie cap fight, Toshiro would win >_>

Its basically the same for masteries xD the points your char would get would probably be either low seated level/mid (this is for Zheng im guessing?) So you use the points to earn the skills you want Zheng to have oxo
Ah, okay then.

Could you explain the mastery system to me?
'I also feel I should mention here about a few things to do with "Masteries". Now learning all skills within a skill area does not make you an auto master, far from it. You may possess all skills but you must show your character using the basics also. Now this may not apply so much to Kido but does in some ways. If you learn all skills in the area of Zanjutsu you cannot say "I have done it, I am a Master" no. You must show your character using basic swordsmanship and also show how they have improved in general sword combat, the skills are merely a nice little bonus or flashy tricks if you will. This applies to all areas, however this is easier to gauge with Kido and Hoho as we will be watching these a lot more. We will still pay attention to people's Zanjutsu and Hakuda however.

Here is a list of how many masteries people of respective power levels can have

Seated (any level) - Up to 1 mastery (Captain level), 1 expert level (Lieutenant level) and two proficient areas (Seated level)
Lieutenant (any level) - Up to 2 mastery (Captain level), 2 expert level (Lieutenant level)
Captain (Any level) - Up to 3 mastery (Captain level), 1 expert level (Lieutenant level)
Head Captain - Master of all 4 areas.

There however is also power level requirements for skills, now you may of course learn skills that require a few levels greater than your characters power level however this follows the above and of course if you are seated in rank and power you may only learn up to 1 mastery meaning you can go to Captain level in just that 1 area by progressing through the skills despite your power level. However even if you are to learn skills considered Captain level this does not mean you are using them at that level, you are still seated at the end of the day and as such these skills are MUCH weaker than if used by someone of Captain level. (any questions on any of this PM Kurisa)'​

Okay, so basically:

If you're seated, you can have 1 mastery, 1 expect level skill and the last two as proficient areas. Basically for this, you can choose one of the 4 areas (Hoho, Zanjutsu, Hakudo or Kido) as your mastery skill ^_^ This means you can learn more higher level skills despite your current power level. For example, if you were to choose Kido as a mastery while your at any seated power level, as long as you show your character learning these skills and progressing, you'll be able to learn up to Captain level skills despite being seated level. However, this means the skill will only be at a seated power level, so if your character were to use it, a Captain or Lieutenant would easily be able to bat it away, depending on how high your seated level is ^_^ But you MUST show your character learning these skills and practising and you won't be able to learn Captain/Lieutenant level skills from one of the other areas.

Now, also while with a seated power level, you can have one expert level area, so lets say you choose Kido for mastery and Hakudo for expert level. It's basically the same as Mastery but the only difference is that you can only learn up to the Lieutenant level skills, no higher than that ^_^ Also, the skill will still be used with the seated power level, meaning it'd be weaker than if a Lieutenant or Captain level character were to use the same skill ^_^

Then you can have the other two as just proficient areas, so in this instance, Hoho and Zanjutsu, meaning that you'd only learn up to your level, which in this case would be seated level, so only the seated level skills ^_^

If you're Lieutenant, you would be able to have 2 masteries and the other 2 would be expert level, meaning that you'd be able to learn Captain level skills within your mastery areas, but they'd still only be Lieutenant level strength, or whatever level strength you are ^_^ You'd learn skills the same level as you are in the expert areas ^_^

With Captain power level, you'll be able to have 3 masteries but only one expert level area, so yeah, basically the same stuff just add another mastery to your bank ^_^

SOO YEAH, I hope that helped a little f(^_^') Ask me anything if something confuses you and I'll try and explain that area to make it easier for you to understand ^_^

@Shoske Well Sajin's biggest weakness when it comes to fighting is his Zanpakuto. It gets hurt, he gets hurt, and while his Bankai is fast it is a bigger target. To that Toshiro mostly has Hyōten Hyakkasō. As well his ice projectiles if they're fast enough to hit. But Sajin has shown to be able to take one hell of a beating, and Toshiro can only use his Bankai for a limited amount of time. As well, Sajin has Dangai Jōe....So the biggest thing that can be exploited is shot down right off the bat.

There are reasons why both could win though...

Shoske beat me to it <.<
Keeping it short would be good to not get ninja'd but it's good you went into depth just in case any further questions arise from other members or anyone needs a reference in the future. Have a cookie.

Reactions: AbigailTenshi
Keeping it short would be good to not get ninja'd but it's good you went into depth just in case any further questions arise from other members or anyone needs a reference in the future. Have a cookie.
Thanku ^_^ And well you know, I try to help xD May not be easier to understand but atleast I tried xD

@Everyone: Hey guys, just a reminder that you should proooobably give credit to the artists who you are getting your pictures from. I think the exceptions being, of course, the video game characters and ones being from actual manga unless fan-art. I know I didn't do it back on RPG but I'm starting to do so now because it's really just the thing to do. These people work days on these pictures and characters in general, so for us to be taking them the most we can do is give credit (Either by linking or stating the artists' name, both would be good). It's greatly appreciated by the artists, and credit is really all they ask for. Plus, you would want the same in return right?

Just three hours ago on RPG I was sent a message being addressed about not crediting that person's art. The artists literally made an account purely for asking me to credit their art, art I used about eight - nine months ago. But were they mean about it? Angry? No, they were nice and professional about it. Masking their anger? Probably, but nonetheless all they asked for was for me to credit them or take the picture down, which is fair enough for something I'm using of theirs.

And being associated with artists myself, I've asked them what would they want if someone used their art? All answered with, "Give me credit." and no more. So...Yeah, not scolding or anything, or demanding. Just asking that you give credit, in respect of the artists. Just figured I'd put it out there since I had been thinking about it.

@Everyone: Hey guys, just a reminder that you should proooobably give credit to the artists who you are getting your pictures from. I think the exceptions being, of course, the video game characters and ones being from actual manga unless fan-art. I know I didn't do it back on RPG but I'm starting to do so now because it's really just the thing to do. These people work days on these pictures and characters in general, so for us to be taking them the most we can do is give credit (Either by linking or stating the artists' name, both would be good). It's greatly appreciated by the artists, and credit is really all they ask for. Plus, you would want the same in return right?

Just three hours ago on RPG I was sent a message being addressed about not crediting that person's art. The artists literally made an account purely for asking me to credit their art, art I used about eight - nine months ago. But were they mean about it? Angry? No, they were nice and professional about it. Masking their anger? Probably, but nonetheless all they asked for was for me to credit them or take the picture down, which is fair enough for something I'm using of theirs.

And being associated with artists myself, I've asked them what would they want if someone used their art? All answered with, "Give me credit." and no more. So...Yeah, not scolding or anything, or demanding. Just asking that you give credit, in respect of the artists. Just figured I'd put it out there since I had been thinking about it.
I'm guessing this would apply to the images used off Deviantart and any other artist type of website like that. With pictures sourced using other means, such as Google or Pinterest, finding out who the artist is could be difficult or near on impossible since the image would have more likely been re-posted repeatedly, making it unclear of where the original image came from. I think it is a good idea to credit artists, but the reason that I feel it probably was never brought up before or only brought up once to you and never to the rest of us is that we're on a role-playing site. I highly doubt people come here for the art, or the artists that do come on here, they'd role-play but I think that's kinda rare since personally I've never had artists PM me about a picture I used since I take most of mine from Google Images which tend to come from the Zerochan site and sites like that.

With that said, I think yeah, when using pictures from Deviantart or any site like that where you take them from the artist directly, it would be a good idea to credit them. For the rest well, I don't think it matters unless you found out who the artist is.

As for me, I guess I can find the artist who drew the picture for Rio's look or atleast try, but I should mention that I edited it atleast but yeah...

It's not like it has been an issue before so I don't see it as much of an issue now but it would be best I guess. However still, I don't feel it should be mandatory or that players should be forced to do it since this is a role-playing site and I doubt anyone would believe that the player using the picture drew it themselves and more likely if someone likes a picture, they'd search with it themselves to find out where it came from and more likely find the artist anyway. Therefore I believe it isn't much of an issue anyway.

Felt like typing today, not necessary but fuck it, I do what I want o3o

Status
Not open for further replies.