Bleach: A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aina Michiko

Aina sat upright in the lieutenant's office. With a brief startle she wondered where everyone was - then quickly recalled she was Lieutenant. She hadn't been Lieutenant for very long but still. She had duties to uphold. She got up and glanced tiredly at the papers strewn across her desk - she walked over, battle recounts - casualty reports. Despite there being no major issues - some people returned hurt - too many hollows to face. Or just not strong enough. Not strong enough... She mused, bitterly "Strength can be matched by speed." she told herself - aloud. She sifted through the papers and organised them into neater piles and stretched. Another day for nothing to happen. She paced around her office - her quiet. Lonely office. Despite how harsh she may be she craved companionship - but alas, it had to be worked for. Hell - she had a lot of work already. It seemed being a lieutenant was a lot more different than she thought - she used to be the one getting orders and now she's giving them - gathering division four into teams and dispensing them where necessary. She heaved a sigh - something she ought to get used to, she admitted sullenly.

The Captain she thought suddenly - maybe the captain would have something more direct for her to do other than paperwork. She went over to the office and found it empty - of course, her captain was on the brink of Hueco Mundo - but Aina had no way of finding that out for herself unless she was told. Having missed the hell butterfly that would have summoned her to battle she walked feverishly to the captains office - knocked. Then no reply - she knocked again then slid the door open - empty. She sighed and stormed out. There was nothing she could do - some would think this a great opportunity - but now she was forced to relax. "Relax." she spat "With who?" she wondered aloud - she sighed and jumped into the air until she reached the walls of Division 4 Barracks. And that's where she sat. Atop the wall - watching whatever was going on within the confinements of the Soul Society.

Seiko Yakuju, Captain of Division 10, sighed as she observed the happenings from her window. "I guess people have someplace to be..." She sighed out as she whirled around to face her desk. She was nearly done with her paperwork, just a few more papers here and there. She walked towards it with a frown. "I wonder if it's too late to join those who are heading to Hueco Mundo..." She wondered out loud as she looked back. "Probably is, they're already gone."

She sat down and finished her work before leaning back into her chair and taking a sip out of a glass next to her. She set aside the papers and stood up, she needed to go for a walk. She was always a sad person, getting out for air seemed good for her.

She stepped out of the barracks and started to walk around Soul Society. 'I guess this what happens when someone gets bored huh?' She thought as she walked the streets. 'Start looking at the past or looking forward to the future...' She stopped her walk suddenly as she looked down an empty street. She stood for a good while before sighing and turning around to head back to the Division 10 Barracks.

The pale man shrugged. He didn't exactly said no, but helping other escape isn't exactly his specialty. And at this point, the reconnaissance team has more than enough to proceed without him, leaving him with no choice but to step into the Senkaimon, while it still remained open. Surely at that point he could actually track down one of the three Arrancars, or those twenty Ajuchas.

As Hiruma went to Karakura, he witnessed a slaughtering of hollows. And it's not the good kind either. He remarked Kamiya slaughtering about maybe a dozen of hollows, Mr. Killing spree ripping, through ten more, and it almost seems like he's flaring energy, and it looked like more broke down to pieces, and Kamiya's Vc is even joining it. Personally, he'd rather get this thing over with, as it's only a swarm of small fries. Sighing, he only flared his reiatsu to what he limiter allowed, so that some of the the hollows to notice him, and proceeded to dash in beeline for a lariat at them, for the sake of dividing tasks. Hopefully that it won't get too messy, in the end.

Ouka smiled with glee as the event, that she had been expecting, happened. The platform beneath her dissolved into nothingness, prompting the captain to plunge her sheathed zanpakuto into the sand; just enough for her to use it as a tool to balance herself, followed by a front flip that allowed her to land softly on the sand. Ouka stood up, dusted her zanpakuto and turned to Shinobu-taichou. "I am pleased that you kept to your word, Shinobu-taichou. It lightens my heart to know that my fellow captains always adhere to their promises. Thank you." Ouka chuckled softly, now turning to Shao-taichou. She had heard the blind captain's report, and closed her eyes in thought. Should they really fight an uneven combat? Uneven, in a sense, when it comes to numbers. They had Aiasa-taichou, Shinobu-taichou, Miko-fukutaichou, and Shao-taichou... power was not really an issue, but numbers.

Ouka sighed deeply and opened her eyes whilst she looked at Aiasa-taichou. "When it comes to strength, we have the advantage with Aiasa-taichou, Shinobu-taichou, and Miko-fukutaichou. Our problem is more on the numbers, but... if that conclave of hollows means something, they might be preparing to launch an attack as what Shinobu-taichou said. A plan within a plan. Occupy all captains on both sides, force them to call upon reinforcements, and thin out the defences back at Seireitei... that could also be a possible plot." Ouka mumbled softly as she looked at Shao with worry-- she didn't want the frail captain to push himself too far. "If our mission is plainly to investigate, then, I propose that we merely scout them. A clash is not really the best option at this time... however, if we make a ruckus here, then, the ones at Karakura might pull back to take us out if there is, indeed, a connection between the force here and there."

Suddenly, Ouka smiled at the absurdity of her thoughts. "Ah well, do not mind my words." the captain sighed, her mind was still delving into questions though: What did they really want to accomplish in Hueco Mundo? In Las Noches? Will a clash really accomplish those goals? If the answer to the third question was on the border of 'no'... then, it was better not to encounter a senseless fight.

Hibiki allowed himself a smile as he looked back at his lieutenant, a breeze ruffling his teal hair.

"I thought as much. It's been a difficult ten years, hasn't it? Seemingly more for you than me. Of course, I'm technically one of the old guard, from before we lost so much. So I suppose it makes more sense for me to be accustomed to these sorts of things. Or it could just be difficult to rile me up."

As he spoke, he continued on his path, going past the reflecting pools he had set up within the Squad 5 grounds and the obvious place for relaxation. In fact the place he seemed to be going loomed over them all in the distance - Senzaikyu. He climbed up the steps easily, not speaking himself as he led Hioshimi to their destination. The higher they climbed, the more noticeable the disuse was. Even on the steps, a layer of dust had settled, though it was clear that it was lighter in some places than others, in the shape of a human foot. Sure enough, these spots were a match to Hibiki's own in all ways, once even stepping in the exact same spot as once before.

In the past ten years, the Senzaikyu had been unused by any and Sokyoku Hill even longer since the destruction of the Sokyoku. This lack of use made it a prime spot for Hibiki to get away from it all but also to be able to see anything that could happen in the Seireitei. If Hioshimi were to look over her shoulder, she could see the whole of Seireitei sprawling around her. Atop Sogyoku Hill itself was where Hibiki finally stopped, near the pedestal where criminals awaited their punishment. This too had a layer of dust upon it that made it seem larger than it actually was.

"I'm sure you've wondered where I go off to..." he said, the first words since they had started their journey. "No one ever comes here anymore; it is a dark reminder of the time before Ichigo. But because of that, it is the most peaceful place in the Seireitei. And even better... you can look out and see the whole of it, even out into the Rukongai. Perhaps I do slack off some, but I am ever at work, even when I relax. From here, I keep an eye out for my home. Nothing has happened yet, but it does not bode well to be ill-prepared."

The darkness of Hueco Mundo did not phase Rivu in the slightest, though it took a second to adjust to the changing light. It was odd to be back in what he could call his birthplace. The reishi here called out to him more than in the Seireitei, the primal feel of it and everything around them inviting him in. Kneeling down, he took a clawful of sand and let it pass between the white plates to the ground. Yes, this was a place he knew well.

Standing up straight, he let his own senses reach out, heightened by the native reiatsu. He could almost sense it, like the call of kin. Not wandering in search of souls but collected in the distance. Turning his gaze to the highest concentration of them, he was facing the same as where Shao had pointed out, though the Soul Reaper seemed to have a finer grasp on it, being able to sense a very powerful entity.

It was clear though that this was their destination, though the intent of scouting or combat was still in the air. Dimming his reiatsu, the arrancar headed off towards the concentration of Hollow energy.

When told not to scout ahead, Miko gave a brief nod and stood back in the place a Lieutenant should. Being the far least experienced in tactics, she kept her thoughts to herself and listened carefully to the details. Her eyes cast in the direciton Shao and now Rivu-taichou had focused. It was well out of her range so the only thing she could feel in that direction was a dim hum of the potential power in the area. There was nothing distinct, and it all felt as if it were just one mass. Though the thought arose of something that should have been obvious to her fellow captains.

Anyone with half a mind and skill to match it knew to hide their reiatsu. Not only to keep the weaker members of your company from blacking out and being crushed, but to keep your enemy from locating you. Miko assumed her comrades had considered this already which only helped their suggestion of a trap. However, the whole ordeal left a sour taste in her mouth.

At the same time Miko felt a prickle of excitement. There would be someone there for her too if numbers really weren't in their favor. What's more.. she might even get more than 1 should the captains not annihilate them all in one fell swoop. A smirk was all she gave for how she felt. With the captains present, and Shao who could report to her captain how she conducted herself on her first mission, she tried to keep reigns on herself, and waited to see if she could be of use. Shinobu was the superior Hirenkyaku user, but she never relied on someone else for transportation. It made her a little uneasy.

GM
It was as Rivu crested a hill near Las Noches that it was spotted, or rather, he was spotted. Instead of a large incursion of Hollows or Arrancar, there stood just a single Arrancar, arms crossed and smirk on his face as he walked into the now run-down castle of Las Noches, though most notable was the fact that nearly no Reiatsu was coming from him. The once large and magnificent castle now looked like it had been attacked repeatedly, cracks and collapses littered it, the most notable being the now large and gaping hole at the top of it's Dome. Though oddly enough, there were signs of Vines growing on it, and that immediately after said vines would get noticed, they would move and slither back under the castle where it looked like they were the roots of the very castle itself. Even more notable was the fact that even though the man had walked inside, the small hum of potential power hadn't moved with him, showing that something or someone inside the Castle were the one's generating it.

~~~ Rin Kamia & Emilia De Mueron:.
Emilia and Rin were currently standing beside the others who had went through the Senkaimon, under them however, was a mountain of dead hollow bodies. Rin's mask was gone, and she had a serene smile on her face and was positively glowing, the reason being that she had gotten rid of all her stress during the battle. The most notable of the small group though, was the fact that everyone was lathered in Hollow blood. Rin and Emilia simultaneously jumped off of the hollow-body-mountain, and landed softly on the floor, as Rin looked towards the direction they were supposed to be going.

"Alright, since theirs only four of us, I'll cover the back, Lancaster-kun, you cover the front, since you'll probably want to be the first to fight anything we run into along the way, Emilia-chan you cover the right side and Hiro-kun you cover the left. Alright, let's go!" Rin all but ordered all of them before taking the appropriate position and started moving when everyone else did. She felt that she would be in charge for now since she was the one who knew the most about Karakura Town and since Karakura Town was her divisions responsibility anyway. "Roger that, Half-pint!" Emilia said, the insult/joke aimed towards Rin, as she too took her position and started moving out when Krivats-taichou did.​

Krivats and Hiro

After having a great time of practice with many dead hollows Krivats joined back up with the group whistling as he saw the pile of dead bodies, "Good job girls didn't know you had it in ya." Hiro on the other hand stood beside the pile sighing as he was a little tired after using his mask for a bit since he still wasn't used to using it fully, "When I get back that has to be the first thing I focus on getting better in," he thought watching as his captain walked around not tired at all even though she fought harder than he did. Hearing that he would be allowed at the front Krivats nodded and took point hoping to find these hollows soon since he was still itching for a good fight, "This whole thing better not be some big hoax or else i'm gonna go straight to Hueco Mundo and take the battle to them," he said moving along at a steady pace to make sure nothing took them by surprise. As if he was suddenly reminded of something Hiro remembered about the other mission to Hueco Mundo that the other captains went on, "I should probably tell them..just later when Krivats-taicho is in a calmer mood," he decided and took his postion and made a mental note of him having 5 minutes remaining on his mask and kept that in mind for their next battle.

Shao wasn't quite familiar with the term "archon toilet" but, one could tell that it implied a rather shaming defeat. "It probably would be the smart decision, Shinobu-daren. But when an invitation is extended, isn't it rude to decline?" Truthfully, Shao wanted to go back to Seireitei and just confirm that there was a significant presence that had taken residence in Las Noches....but another part felt the need to ascertain more of the enemies strength. What gave them such confidence? Were they linked somehow with the force that had slain the last generation of the Gotei 13? Did they somehow further their abilities by entering into some dastardly accord with Seireitei's greatest nemesis? While the chance was miniscule, the fact that it could even be a possibility drove Sun Shao to investigate. He was the commander of the Onmitsukido. He could not return without information that was worth staking his life upon. While he was putting his comrades at risk Shao assessed that they had enough fighting potential to withstand a terse confrontation, enough to hopefully determine some of the opponents' ability. Though for Shao what he mostly wanted to confirm, was whether or not the mysterious nemesis of the Gotei 13 was behind the sudden confidence that the arrancar's had in their strength.

After Shinobu had expressed his concerns, Ouka also spoke up to second the sentiment. They both had valid opinions. Going any further was like allowing themselves to be baited into a trap, leaving themselves vulnerable elsewhere. But sometimes, in order to determine the strength of ones opponent, you had to fall for their trap. It was the only way to really gain insight into the mind of an enemy. To allow yourself to fall into their plan. While Shao did not want to overestimate his abilities as a strategist, he knew that the only way he could even begin to comprehend the scale of the opponents' force and skill, was by seeing how they responded to the moves that he made and how they reacted when an enemy fell for one of their schemes. How prepared were they? There was a number of things that Shao needed to ascertain within this battle, but he felt that he should at least share his primary objective. "Is the enemy in league with the force that destroyed the last generation of the Gotei 13? That is what I truly want to know. The only way that we can find out, is to go there ourselves." Shao said before he looked over to the group once more. He did feel guilty dragging them all here, but everyone here would be vital to the current operation. Shao had that feeling.

As Rivu began to head off in the direction of the presence, Sun Shao looked over to Shinobu and bowed politely. "Please, Shinobu-daren, I ask you to lend me your power." Although Shinobu didn't want to go personally, this was something that had to be investigated. Something was amiss here and Shao had to know what that was. But the only way that he could do that, was by borrowing the power of his peers.

------------------------------------

Seiji had miraculously found a minute or two to spare, eating an onigiri to rid himself of a nagging headache. Writing the word "clean" on his hands, the glutinous adhesive from the rice instantly disappeared. Since he'd given up his voice for his powers, he might as well have taken advantage of it. At this moment, the fukutaicho felt the need to get up and stretch his legs. He had spent the entire morning getting things up to speed for the new year and having sat down for such a long time, his legs felt a little numb. Seiji quickly jotted down a note detailing that he went to go for a bit of fresh air. Thankfully, Wang-sotaicho was kind enough to allow Seiji breaks when he needed it. But he felt that he shouldn't waste too much time. This was a critical time. Nearly half of Seireitei's military might had been deployed and therefore, all remaining personnel in Soul Society had to be on their toes. The fullbringer knew that he would have to fight one day as well, but he truly hoped that day wouldn't be today.

Though he didn't plan to go very far, the fukutaicho had found himself lost in thought and ended up taking a few turns that he hadn't quite intended to. He was about to return to his office by writing the word "transfer" on himself, but at that moment, he turned the corner to see the Captain of the 10th division. At that moment, the fukutaicho found himself wondering just how far he had wound up walking. Not wanting to be rude, Seiji bowed to the captain, then retrieved the blank scroll he always carried with him. Unraveling it a bit to expose a portion of the blank mulberry paper. Seiji focused a very small portion of his reiryoku into the scroll and words began to form across the blank washi. "Hello Seiko-taicho. It's a pleasure to see you."

Last edited by a moderator:
"Alright. You call the shots," Shinobu sighed. He already knew exactly what the answer probably was going to be and already knew that he was going to go along with it. It was, however, in his opinion, a bad idea and just asking for a lot of work. Restoring his platform to its full size, he waited for everyone to get on and headed off.

"Don't be surprised if you bite into something nasty. If you really do stumble upon the group that 13 more powerful captains got wiped out by, what makes you think that four will do something? Honestly, I doubt its them since a force that strong has no need to scout our power or split our attention. They could just come knocking down the front door but this doesn't feel pleasant," he said as they took off. Of course, it was also possible that they were just being messed with but if that was the case, which move they made made little difference. He took off at a pretty respectable pace too. There was no need to worry about stealth. Either their enemy knew they were here or they didn't. The garganta was an obvious beacon of a visitor. Not all gargantas were made equal and those fit for captains were rather rare here or so he assumed. If whatever it was over their remotely cared, they would be well aware of their arrival. As they approached where Rivu had gone up to, he adjusted his position on the platform to a sitting one, looking much more focused than he had for the rest of the trip. A dull blue light glowed around him as tiny strings attached to his limbs. He was always in Ransotengai but adjusting them to battle levels was something that took a few moments to do, a few moments he might not have later.

Hibiki allowed himself a smile as he looked back at his lieutenant, a breeze ruffling his teal hair.

"I thought as much. It's been a difficult ten years, hasn't it? Seemingly more for you than me. Of course, I'm technically one of the old guard, from before we lost so much. So I suppose it makes more sense for me to be accustomed to these sorts of things. Or it could just be difficult to rile me up."

As he spoke, he continued on his path, going past the reflecting pools he had set up within the Squad 5 grounds and the obvious place for relaxation. In fact the place he seemed to be going loomed over them all in the distance - Senzaikyu. He climbed up the steps easily, not speaking himself as he led Hioshimi to their destination. The higher they climbed, the more noticeable the disuse was. Even on the steps, a layer of dust had settled, though it was clear that it was lighter in some places than others, in the shape of a human foot. Sure enough, these spots were a match to Hibiki's own in all ways, once even stepping in the exact same spot as once before.

In the past ten years, the Senzaikyu had been unused by any and Sokyoku Hill even longer since the destruction of the Sokyoku. This lack of use made it a prime spot for Hibiki to get away from it all but also to be able to see anything that could happen in the Seireitei. If Hioshimi were to look over her shoulder, she could see the whole of Seireitei sprawling around her. Atop Sogyoku Hill itself was where Hibiki finally stopped, near the pedestal where criminals awaited their punishment. This too had a layer of dust upon it that made it seem larger than it actually was.

"I'm sure you've wondered where I go off to..." he said, the first words since they had started their journey. "No one ever comes here anymore; it is a dark reminder of the time before Ichigo. But because of that, it is the most peaceful place in the Seireitei. And even better... you can look out and see the whole of it, even out into the Rukongai. Perhaps I do slack off some, but I am ever at work, even when I relax. From here, I keep an eye out for my home. Nothing has happened yet, but it does not bode well to be ill-prepared."
Hioshimi had previously expected them to stop at the reflected pools. After all, she had spent many an evening peering at them and just...thinking; but she wasn't surprised that her Captain moved on from the confines of the barracks. She remained remarkably silent during the trip as well, mainly because her mind was buzzing with questions, and out of manners...she knew that Hibiki wouldn't want to talk of times before the fall.

This silence persisted as they walked the steps. Unnecessary words made for wasted breath. She did notice the layer of dust that accumulated upon the steps, and the footprints were evident to her after a few moments; Hioshimi couldn't say she was entirely surprised. This place has never been used in her lifetime, at least. Ironically, she chose to sit down upon the platform where once criminals stood, leaning back and appreciating the view with no small measure of surprise. Furthermore, it was hard for her to envision that this was the site in which traitors were killed...looking out across their home. Hioshimi tried to imagine that she saw her little rukongai district from here; but naturally, she couldn't. It was a spread of everything she had worked on for a decade...the perfect place to be just after the rebirth of the soul society.

"Well. Now I'll know where to send the paperwork." she joked, peering over at Hibiki with a genuine smile. "I-...I have to admit, I'm quite amazed at the view. For once, you've rendered me speechless." she stammered, looking around at everything again; she could make out the individual barracks, even see the squad 5 walls from this point. It was an endless sprawl of white brick and golden rooftops, followed by traditional wooden houses as far as the eye can see, the whole place brimming with spiritual pressure which she could reach out and isolate, finding anyone and everyone who was powerful to emit it.

Her eyes glanced back to Hibiki; the silence, she noted, wasn't the calm and companionable one she took when reaching this spot. It was clearly a darker place for him; Hioshimi only read of the area in textbooks. However, the lieutenant considered it the basest insult to ask her superior personal questions about his past...even now, she dared not toe the line. No, it would be up to him to start a conversation. He had the authority to question her, she didn't feel like her rank permitted it.

Seiji had miraculously found a minute or two to spare, eating an onigiri to rid himself of a nagging headache. Writing the word "clean" on his hands, the glutinous adhesive from the rice instantly disappeared. Since he'd given up his voice for his powers, he might as well have taken advantage of it. At this moment, the fukutaicho felt the need to get up and stretch his legs. He had spent the entire morning getting things up to speed for the new year and having sat down for such a long time, his legs felt a little numb. Seiji quickly jotted down a note detailing that he went to go for a bit of fresh air. Thankfully, Wang-sotaicho was kind enough to allow Seiji breaks when he needed it. But he felt that he shouldn't waste too much time. This was a critical time. Nearly half of Seireitei's military might had been deployed and therefore, all remaining personnel in Soul Society had to be on their toes. The fullbringer knew that he would have to fight one day as well, but he truly hoped that day wouldn't be today.

Though he didn't plan to go very far, the fukutaicho had found himself lost in thought and ended up taking a few turns that he hadn't quite intended to. He was about to return to his office by writing the word "transfer" on himself, but at that moment, he turned the corner to see the Captain of the 10th division. At that moment, the fukutaicho found himself wondering just how far he had wound up walking. Not wanting to be rude, Seiji bowed to the captain, then retrieved the blank scroll he always carried with him. Unraveling it a bit to expose a portion of the blank mulberry paper. Seiji focused a very small portion of his reiryoku into the scroll and words began to form across the blank washi. "Hello Seiko-taicho. It's a pleasure to see you."
Seiko blinked from the sudden interaction on her return trip to the barracks. She then gave a small smile. "Hello to you too Seiji-san, how are you today?" She asked politely after reading what was written on his scroll. She casually leaned against a wall and took a deep breath. "I was on my way back to the barracks, I went for a walk to clear my head of some things...What brought you this far Seiji-san?" She added out of curiosity. This was the most interaction she had had the entire day.

The fukutaicho wasn't usually one to openly seek out social interaction with others, but he feared that ill manners would reflect poorly on his division and the Captain Commander. With Seiko-taicho returning pleasantries, Seiji tried to give a casual smile, like most normal people did in a conversation. While he couldn't quite see the face he'd made, he somehow felt he was still wearing the same stoic expression he usually did. It sounded rather pathetic, but he needed to practice smiling. "The same thing as you, I suppose." The words written on the scroll changed almost instantly in response to Seiko's question. Like her, he found himself in need of some time alone to think. "I needed the time to clear my head." The novelist decided against trying his hand at another smile. He'd only fail miserably in the process.

While the subject was not entirely related, Seiji figured that he would go ahead and ask. "Seiko-taicho, is there anything that I can help you with at the moment?" Seiji was the fukutaicho of the first division, but that did not stop him from helping any of the other captains. Whether it was with helping with backed up paperwork, allowing access to the Sea of Knowledge, or just being willing to listen to a captains complaints, Seiji was willing to do it all. In his mind, working with other divisions like that helped to develop trust and unity between them. It didn't always work out, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. Besides, as the unofficial scribe of Seireitei, Seiji had an interest in the day to day lives of each division and their members.

Aina Michiko
Aina swung her legs around - so that they rested atop the wall along with the rest of her body, she pushed up against the floor until she was perching. Aina glanced around, eyes narrowed to slits, already she could tell that a lot of captains were missing - there was less of a.. Pressure caused by captain's Reiatsu. It came to be a null pressure to Aina - and yet a portion of it was gone. She bridled and ran along the wall until she stood by the corner of Division 4's barrack walls and looked out across the streets, she wrinkled her nose with distaste - at least now she had something to do. She rested one hand on the hilt of Hikaru and her muscles tensed she hurried along the wall until it raised at the arch entrance - she frowned and slid down the wall until she stood on the floor. she walked through the arch and frowned.

Aina was on the streets of the Soul Society now - filled with shinigami thugs who'd want to start something with you if you even breathe beside them. She frowned and paced through the streets in hope to find - maybe a captain, or.. Or another Lieutenant. Anyone. She didn't like the distinct lack of people - there ought to be a patrol somewhere - she just hoped she'd never run into them while she was hunting for someone. She didn't feel it necessary to use a Hell Butterfly, people might think something was wrong. People were idiots. They'd panic and cause a lot more trouble than it's worth. Inhaling sharply through her nose she got to a courtyard. Reaching a wooden column she decided to sit there - maybe she'd run across someone there.​

Being a new part of the 4th squad wasn't all fun and games. First it was the bunch of new people he would have to deal with each day, then it was squad 11 going around making fun of them even though as soon as they got as much as a paper cut they all came running. However it wasn't all bad. New people meant a chance for new friends and since he had a love for taking care of others this squad fit perfectly. All these things raced through Liqui's mind as he walked around the squad 4 area.

@Noiz
Aina Michiko

She waited patiently for someone to arrive - someone who never would. Climbing to her feet she cast one more glance around the courtyard. Desolate. Drawing in a long breath she started running back to Division Four's Barracks - weaving through the tetris like streets of the Soul Society with ease. She slowed herself down and came to a halt at the doors, composed herself, then walked through. She glanced around the courtyard - no one she liked, there. She pressed on - onto the buildings - she slid open the door and stepped inside - glancing around she spotted a young-ish looking boy she hadn't seen before - she shifted uncomfortably and looked at him from across the room.

She pressed herself against the wall - finding an ideal spot to just hang back and watch this new boy - Perhaps one of the newer members She mused idly and glanced at him - like most of the people in Squad Four - he had a seemingly happy demeanour about him - if not caring. Protective? She guessed - they way he held himself could say as much. Protective or caring. Or maybe both. She halted her train of thought and looked at him oddly Not strong. she thought, then as a bitter after-thought Then neither am I... She bridled slightly at her own comment and stiffened - attempting to regain her posture she straightened up. The movement, she knew, would bring attention to herself, and she wasn't exactly looking forward to it.

Hibiki remained quiet, his gaze looking over the whole of Seireitei. His face was impassive, the winds of Sogyoku Hill ruffling his clothes and hair. Yet even as the strands of teal covered his eyes, he made no movement to brush them away. It was true this place brought peace, but it was a darker, harsher peace, won by force and uncompromising decisiveness. One could even say his attitude was more reverent than anything else.

"I'm sure you know the history of the Seireitei, or at least our recent history. I imagine you've also read of the Sogyoku for which this place is named. It's been years since the blade was destroyed and this place fully abandoned but for the odd Soul Reaper. At the time, Aizen wanted the original Hogyoku from where it lay hidden - inside Kuchiki Rukia. Even with Aizen gone... I suppose I should thank him for what I am today. Without him... I wonder if I would ever have been Captain, let alone reach Bankai.

"Without him... Hachigen and Tessai would never have been forced from their positions in the Kido Corps and myself being advanced in rank as a result. Of course, such a power void demanded compensation. It was easy to reach Bankai once I had a goal. Kido is my specialty and mine is kido-based... I think that... I'm the only Captain who has a Bankai aside from our Captain Commander. Before all of this... it would have been unthinkable to even consider a Captain without a Bankai aside from Kenpachi..."

Cresting one of the sand dunes of Hueco Mundo, the arrancar captain was able to see what remained of Las Noches. The palace was run down, the dome above it cracked with a gaping hole that had come from Ichigo and Ulquiorra's battle. The walls of the palace itself were riddled with cracks and fissures with vines of all things growing on them. This close to Las Noches, Rivu had never seen plant life that wasn't a part of a Hollow. Even as he observed it, it seemed to shrivel and wither away under his gaze as though it were alive and able to sense his presence.

Where his eyes came to land though was on the solitary figure that seemed alone in the dunes immediately surrounding Las Noches. The remnants of a hollow mask could be seen on them, marking them as an arrancar but even as they moved into the palace, he sensed no change in the ambient power around them. Either he was one of many, or something was making this power and masking his own.

Casting his eyes back behind him, he saw the others on their way and waited for them to arrive.

"There seems to be a single.... unappetizing prey... But I suspect there may be something... meatier inside..."

The party of shinigamis slowly approached the location from which Aiasa-taichou had done his little reconnaissance. The sight that greeted Ouka and the rest was enough to elicit a small gasp from her. The once magnificent yet threatening visage of Las Noches seemed more of a besieged castle than a force to be reckoned with. Still, the disturbing phenomenon of the plants that slithered back into a hole was suspicious enough. Did the plants slither back because it was part of their natural cycle or did they retreat because they noticed them. Ouka clutched Shiroubara closer to her breast, glancing at her group in the process. Knowing Shao-taichou, the visually impaired captain would opt for them to enter Las Noches. However, they were this close to unravelling something significant to the Soul Society, and Ouka wasn't one to back out when things would go awry.

"I agree with Aiasa-taichou's observation. The entity that Aiasa-taichou spotted could be compared to that of the harbinger of a swarm of locusts. The main swarm could be inside." Ouka remarked, looking at the arrancar captain. "Still, we're this close to something worth investigating. What's our next plan, Shao-taichou?"

Ouka inquired with a smile, turning her sights on the battered fortress. Las Noches could be big enough to hide an entire group of enemies that could overwhelm them a hundred fold. A small group, they were after all. Besides, Ouka was not really the type of shinigami who would unveil her zanpakuto's abilities casually-- she wasn't in the mood for a fight. However, the same statement could not be applied to her party. The other captains were willing to butt horns with their enemies. No matter what happens, Ouka would stand alongside them-- her resolve had been made.

The plan seemed simple enough and while the others were deliberating over the next step Miko found herself getting impatient.

Primitive instincts piqued in an instant. Gray eyes turned in the direction Rivu bolted in and she took a moment to consider what had her senses flare. It couldn't have been Rivu, nor was it any lower ranking hollow wandering the desert around them. This wasn't sensing something with reiatsu, it was like they were being observed. Prey being watched for amusement. She refused the very thought, but the intrigue was too much for her to handle.

Teeth showed as fangs in the grin that split pretty features into something more sadistic then in an instant she was gone. Not a sound was made save for the shifting of sand into a small cloud where she once stood.

In next moment she was touching down a few meters beyond the broken doorway. Her eyes scanned the retreating vines for a moment until they were gone. It was an invitation. Her smile grew wider.

Rivu said there was possibly something worth killing. That was all she needed to know.

"Fine.." She glanced back toward the approaching company. She knew she probably shouldn't, but then she still turned and ran inside. She wouldn't be prey but.. "...I'll bite."

Last edited:
As the reconnaissance team reached the remnants of Hueco Mundo, Shao immediately felt a little overwhelmed. Being able to perceive auras, proved to be a weakness at times. The sickening, ominous feeling that he had, wasn't one that came easily to him. It was proof that there was something here. But as Shinobu had pointed out earlier, what good would four captains and a vice-captain do, if the enemies involved were the ones responsible for the fall of the previous era? The answer to that question, was....nothing. Nothing but die at their hands, anyway. Perhaps one captain could forestall the enemy for a few precious seconds, but that was probably the best case scenario; if such an event should occur. Though Shao had accounted for such a situation as well, he hoped that his "safety net" wasn't something he needed to use here. As a human, he had come to terms with the fact that he was technically expendable. If things went awry, Shao was willing to lay down his life to insure that everyone left this place safely. Even if his physical form was destroyed, his soul would still exist, so long as he didn't become food for the hollows. Still, such desperate measures would be reserved for desperate times. Yet one could only hope that it wasn't this time.

With Aiasa-taicho and Ouka-taicho giving their opinions on the nature of the enemy, Sun Shao made sure to take note of their observations. What they said resonated with the feeling that he'd had earlier. Perhaps this was the reason why he could not perceive more enemies than just one. This place, there was someone, or something, in Las Noches, awaiting their arrival. Opening his eyes a moment to try and "look" around, Shao could see a vast web of vines, entwined and entangled with Las Noches, seeking, slithering; hiding in places unseen. This fortress was very much alive. The original plan had been to split the group to cover more ground, but Shao was worried that there would be some sort of ploy to isolate and eliminate each member individually. While each person here was capable of holding their own, numbers and resources were clearly not in their favor. The strategist had already taken the bait, but he had no intentions of being caught and filleted today. "The plan? Well, we accept their gracious invitation and enter into their home. It's a shame I forgot to bring omiyage." The soshireikan said, his mind drifting to thoughts of the delicious manju in Seireitei. Still, jokes aside, Sun Shao was uneasy about the vines here more than anything. Hueco Mundo was pretty much a barren wasteland. For their to be plant life here, meant that it had to be feeding off of something. But what? Were the arrancars watering it everyday and singing it songs under the moonlight? He had his doubts about that.

Sun Shao sighed softly, as he saw Miko-fukutaicho beeline toward the location of their foes. She was eager, that much was for certain. Still, her enthusiasm would be a benefit, so long as it was directed properly. With Shinobu and Miko here, Shao was wondering about the viability of setting up sprenger to use as a method of covering their escape. Placed in the right area, it could probably topple the crumbling infrastructure and buy the reconnaissance team a bit of time. Not much mind you, but enough to open a dimensional rift to escape. The captain figured that he would ask when they entered into the fortress. He'd be able to better assess the structural weaknesses of the building and find an appropriate place to set up such an explosion, provided they even had the materials to prepare the technique in the first place. "Still, its probably best if we stick together. Our strength lies in unity. If we are separated, we lose the only advantage we have. But no matter what, I will not let any of you die here. I swear it." Shao said to Ouka before he entered the fortress after Miko. With his comrades following him into the lions' den, the least he could do was make sure they all made it out alive.

Status
Not open for further replies.