Bleach: A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
Side note, you might want to look over your point systems. They don't make a difference to me but they are pretty darn lopsided. In addition to total point differences which I imagine were intended, there are differences in the total number of fields.

For example, shinigami cap at 20 over 7 fields. An average of 2.86 per field.
Quincys 22 over 7 fields. An average of 3.14 per field.
Vizards 24 over 7 fields. An average of 3.43 per field.
Fullbrings 24 over 6 fields. An average of 4 per field.
Arrancar 25 over 6 fields. An average of 4.17 per field.
And special humans with 23 over 5 fields. An average of 4.6 per field.

Since we can all probably agree that more fields is sort of meaningless and a liability, aren't we sort of shafting the shinigami in this for having kido while giving arrancars and company props and a free ride? Shinigami have the lowest number of points to spend overall with the greatest number of fields. Meanwhile, vizards don't have to put anything into their hollow powers. Arrancar get cero and hierro for free. Special humans get it all for free. Special humans can effectively patch up any gain that something like kido would have afforded them by building it into their ability while reaping the highest average points per field by far due to having 5 instead of 6 or 7. Getting freebies allows certain races to not have to ration things but instead just get them at variable invisible amounts for free... which is fine by me but it defeats the point of a point system because its so naturally exploitable.

For argument's sake and easier numbers, let's say that shinigami had 21 points over 7 fields for an average of 3. Then the vizards could have 25 points to spread over 8 (extra field being hollow powers) fields, same average but with a tiny bit of props for being a hybrid and more flexibility in creating lopsided specialization. Comparatively, this is much more balanced as opposed to the current setup which heavily encourages a "dump one" method if you wanted to break the system. Realistically, any shinigami that doesn't dump kido or something else (I say kido because it is the most replaceable) is shooting him or herself in the foot. It also encourages the ones further down the list somewhat in the sense that they're simply more advantageous.

Also, vollstandig is a neoquincy thing. If I recall correctly, mouthy quincy notes that the traditional quincys don't do that since Soken Ishida didn't believe in that for whatever reason and preferred sticking to the old form which we see via the Sanrei Shuto. Of course, we don't know if there's a complete version but whatever it is, if it exists, it isn't vollstandig.

@AllThePasta
Ever wonder what happens when someone dies such a horrific a death they can't pass on, and basically to strong willed to move on, and/or become a hollow... The means of making a Vagrant Full is unknown... just how horrifica a death it has to be is unknown

Name: Sukia

Gen: Female

Race: Vagrant Full

Appearance:
-Normal-

_ninjagirl15.jpg

-enraged-
earn7.jpg

Note: Run! when she is enraged.... because as the phrase goes "Hell Hath No Fury... like a woman's scorn."

Weapon: Soul bound Katana and a Umbrella.

Strengths: She can't become a Hollow... or Go to Hell.... she is Sentient, she can think for herself... she isn't all empty soul doomed to wander the earth in search of vengeance on those that killed in an unspeakable manner.

Weaknesses: She can't Be Consoled or Saved ether... basically she is one Vengful Spirit... that is clueless on where to start.... she knows the faces of who all killed her, not how to get to them all.

Abilities:
-Shadow shifting: she can move by shadows
-Flash Dash: Faster than flash step....
- Manifest: She can manifest herself in visible to humans.

Speical Powers:
- Blade Beams
- Blade waves
- Blade Graveyard: Summons 1000's of blades of dead warriors, not just swords, but spears and more.
- Needle Storm: Uses acupuncture needles in bulk on opponent.

- Dead Vengeance: A attack most foul, all the negative feeling of the victims of the target are used in an attack, the more victims or kills by said target the more powerful this attack, if target survives, there is negativity forced into the target, depressing the target to possibly kill themselves, even those without feelings are affected, the shock is so great.... additionally she can add her own hate and suffering into the mix for a even more potent attack.

-Aura of Guilt: Her presence alone causes one to remember all they killed, the weak will kill themselves crying out the names of all they killed to forgive them. She can control her aura.

Bio: She was killed in such a horrific manner, even Hell wept for her, her spirit so filled with want for vengeance and so strong, she refused to become a hollow, and will never find rest, even a console would be useless. There are not words to describe this... and to make it worse... It seems a rouge Group of Quinces, Soul reapers, Hollows and Humans were Involved...
The Closest thing you could get to this, would make the show American Horror Story.... look like a bubbly book from your brightest dreams... but that is as close as words get to how she was killed... the things done to her body on that day... are unforgivable...

Last edited:
Yea, you are right, usually when i put a points system it's fairly balanced, with a very small amount of points to distribute anywhere, but i couldn't think of the averages and such (As i've been trying to get some sleep for the past 6 hours or so, but my body won't let me as i keep waking up every 30 minutes with my sides feeling like their on fire) so i thank you for that info. Do you have an idea on what the points should be for other races as well?

Also, yes, i would prefer it if you both stopped arguing, i don't like seeing people argue over stuff >_>, Feel free to do it in a PM but please don't do it here TT_TT

@Zetpohi so basically your character is a Tsukirei, who can't find their 'fated' one. (The one whom your chain wraps around)

Normally i would accept something like that, as it would bring more fun into this, but i'll leave it up to the majority of those who actually know the bleach show/manga/anime more than me to decide whether i should accept you or not >_>.

I was done when the unanswerable gauntlet was thrown.

Oh. You mean when It was already answered? :P

You're aware that among the vasto lorde, only one had it, right? And the Rest? Don't need it. If your character embodied the same conception, I couldn't care less, at least it'd make sense if it did. That wat the whole point of being "special".

Ira And Stark Had a Full power thing. But it wasn't a secunda etapa. Stark was just a Further fusion, while Yammy, was clearly a byproduct of his anger. And Yammy Being the strongest Espada? Hm. There is a difference between you refusal to Awknowelge and someone genuinely failing to answer. XP

Don't make this too easy for me, man. XD

If you could order how you want all their strengths to be by base container, I could come up with some numbers for the races pretty easily as well as expanded fields to stop freebies.

I personally wouldn't allow the vagrant because there isn't a need to add a race and the mechanics of it directly contradicts the Bleach universe to begin with. I realize that it could be made to work for one person but that's for the first vagrant. Then comes the squatter (say, a dead shinigami going to a second afterlife), the serf (the special human arrancar which is a self contradiction), and the freelancer (the regular human who can use "magic" and isn't a special human) which you'll have to come up with new systems for, making it unnecessarily convoluted. Or God forbid vampires and werewolves. In canon, it is a fact that any plus can't stay there indefinitely. They will pass on via konso or natural methods or they will get eaten by a hollow/become a hollow when their chain erodes and that is something that will just happen at some point no matter what. It could take a while but it'll happen. So to say that they "have too strong a will to move on" is contradicting that fact. It would also effectively remove souls from the cycle if it were to happen which would universally cause issues over a long period of time as they built up greater numbers. This isn't so much a bending of the system so much as jamming a square into a circle. I am not in charge and thus my opinions about the matter of not allowing hand made races to make things simpler (and so we end up with the actual races, not 1/3 hybrids and 1/3 customs) isn't the last word but whatever it is should at least fit in with the rest of the existing universe imo if you do allow it.

(You already did Vizard and Shinigami, so i'm not gonna put those)
For Quincies it would be the use of their Reishi Manipulation
For Arrancars it would be a balance of their Resureccion and Zanjutsu/Cero
For Fullbringers, i don't really have a preference.
Don't have a preference for Special Humans as well.

Honestly i just want them to Average.

Also, @Cubix @Solar✹Blitzfang43 since your normal shinigami you guys have an additional point to spend

@Nevvy you also still have your 5 extra points for being Captain Commander to distribute.

There we go i'm slightly faster now.

I was honestly just using the vizards and the shinigami numbers to make the averaging easier. If you want to make them average, that's easy.

Shinigami - 5 basic fields plus kido and zanpakuto, 21 points.
Vizards - 5 basic fields plus kido, zanpakuto, and hollow powers, 24 points.
Quincys - 5 basic fields plus reiryoku control and Ability with armaments, 21 points. I opted to swap hirenkyaku for ability with armaments because it makes little sense to add that in specifically since shunpo and sonido aren't included in other races. Ability with armaments would basically dictate extra skills they can do with their gear such as Sprenger, various ginto based spells, and so forth.
Fullbringers - 5 basic fields plus fullbring skill, 18 points.
Arrancar - 5 basic fields plus hierro, cero, and zanpakuto, 24 points.
Special humans - 5 basic fields plus special human skill, 18 points.

That averages to exactly 3 points on average per stat no matter which race they are. Easy.

I thought I had already but I tacked on the extra points real quick.

Last edited:
Alright, edited with the points you put. I opted, instead of putting just Cero in the Arrancar skeleton, i put Hollow Powers, which is your skill using your Hollow powers like Resurrecion, Cero, ect.

Since we do have a captain commander now, i'll be putting up the IC once i try to get some more sleep.

@Cubix @Yaoi Master Gavin @Solar✹Blitzfang43 Be sure to check your 'races' character skeletons and update accordingly. ^^.

I had listed zanpakuto as prettymuch resureccion/shikai/bankai usage since I thought that finesse prettymuch overlapped with zanjutsu. Unless you actually meant finesse to just mean style points.

Finesse, in short, is the ability to do any type of attacking move wthout messing it up. So for exqmple, if someone did a right side swing with their sword, finesse would be the thing that decides if that swing was too far to the left or if it delivered perfectly,

Zanjutsu is the amount of skill you have with your sword, it basically decides what kind of moves you can do.

That means Resureccion included. Like Shikai and bankai.

Then you have no parameter for shinigami and vizards that govern their skill with their zanpakuto abilities?

That's why Resureccion, shikai, and bankai, should all go to Zanjutsu. Frankly.

Finessed seems more of the quality of your what ever you are doing.

You can be good with a sword, and not even have Shikai, like you can have bankai and still be crap.

Nonono, zanhutsu does encompass shikai, bankai,and such, i was just giving a basic example of what else it encompasses.

Then Resureccion should not be in Hollow powers, but in Zanjutsu. As The resureccions is their sword.

And hollow power be the other stuff, like Cero & Hierro.

Hmm, alright then, i had it in hollow powers because, well, it is mainly a hollow power, but since theirs a majority vote here, i will do so. Also, i really appreciate your guys' help in polishing this up!

I've gotta say they are pretty good at what they do and i love how it came out as well so great job you guys.

It seemed weird to group it that way to me. For example, how would you rate SS arc Zaraki Kenpachi for zanjutsu, for example?

Status
Not open for further replies.