Bleach: A New Beginning

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think we'd just assume that some invisible, yet to be detailed upon captain exists rather than to assume the spot empty. I know as CC, I'm assuming those unfilled captain positions to exist. If it goes on too long empty (like till about when everyone's going back), I'll fill the spot. I can stretch out and pick up a slightly more activist character anyway without an issue. Wang is more background and even Joule is closer to a background support as she'll kind of flitter in and out of prominence as necessary. She doesn't need to do a lot right now when most of the action is focused where it is and we don't need to see her typing away on a keyboard.

Miko would be acting captain, and yea so long as you make a post every few days to a week, im good, if you dont, there is a chance of them dying/being controlled by me\someone you trust, for progress.

I dont really mind if this is rotationary or not, i will tell you that i dont get a lot of chances to post on this, though thats almost entirely my fault, so a non rotationary posting style would cause a few problems for me, but if thats what you guys want to do than im up for it if you get a Majority Vote for it.

I'd rather it be rotationary within groups but also within common sense and within player self-report. If you have nothing to add, say so. If you're in a conversation keep it going.

So are we booting the person who never showed up and pretending he never existed or are we expecting him to return, the latter case making the acting captain mart make sense. If everyone actually self reports, that works fine.

Expecting to return.

Is he on vacation or something?

Possibly, most likely either forgot or no alerts, as some on this site dont know how to check your Unread Watched Threads via the My Profile tool bar. @CrowOkatagi

He was last online on April 27th. Hence why I asked.

Woah, okay, yea, hes gone from this RP then. So Oni you can upgrade your character to cap if you want.(

If he doesn't want to, I'll pick it up.

I'm SO down for being captain of Division 2! Lol

Also, I agree with Gavin. It wouldn't be so bad if we let people know we have nothing more to add. Of course Pasta would be the exception even if we ousted the rotations since we naturally Can't progress without reactions from the enemy lol.

Still.. I dunno, whatever you guys agree on i'm good with. Just so long as we're not "paused" for like 4 days again

On second thought, she already strated as a Lieutenant. I'll just leave her there, Nevvy can have the captain spot or Miko could be promoted i guess. Changing rank suddenly when it's already an established thing seems awkward to me.

Alright. I'll just make it a flexible case so you can move up when and if you wish to.

CB5sb_mUIAAsrKD_zps7wbpppiq.jpg

(on the right)
Name: Holly Callahan

Race: Shinigami

Division: 2

Nickname:

Strengths: Holly's kido capability is mostly wrapped up in mastering a technique his father used which was not terribly unlike shunko, the main difference being that it was not a full body version nor used for defense in the slightest. All force in channeled into the hand and is released as destructive force, allowing him to grab things that would normally be stupid to touch as well as crush things in his hand like they were made out of butter. Where shunko could be considered closest to wind and lightning, Holly's technique is closer to something like fire and lightning. Being the localized skill that it is and not being fired, it is considerably less dangerous and strenuous than shunko as well as more destructive in the small space that it covers. Needless to say, Holly is also extremely fast. While he is completely incapable of running for any really long periods of time, he is quick on his feet and agile. This particular talent was born out of interest and later developed as his own personal act of defiance after being diagnosed with anemia.

Weaknesses: Holly is mildly anemic, limiting his stamina. He is also honest to a fault, possibly physically incapable of doing anything underhanded because of how well it was drilled into him. Going hand in hand with that, he is also particularly susceptible to deceit and trickery. It is not that he is stupid. It is that he wants to believe in the best in everyone, sometimes even when it would be best to take caution otherwise. He is also incredibly young and though the training he's received has been very concise and efficient, he is definitely inexperienced as compared to most other captains, probably having even less than his human peers. It would not be wrong to say that he even has less raw experience that most of the vice-captains.

Place of Residence: Soul Society

Personality: Holly is good natured, helpful, hard working, and most of what people consider the traits of a good, honest, upstanding person. That in itself makes it rather strange that he would take up the mantle of 2nd division captain. His reason for being given the position was two-fold. First, the captain commander wanted to preserve the localized shunko ability he wielded. Second was his own personal drive. He wanted to take care of what was usually Soul Society's darker side to ensure that it would not spiral out of control. Perhaps for this reason the 2nd division and the Omnitsukido were split in two.

Holly believes in hard, honest work and makes a point of trying to bring out the best in those around him. Extremely forgiving, it is not an uncommon thing for him to clean up mistakes perfectly, then gently teach how to prevent such a thing from happening again. If he doesn't know how, which is often the case due to his inexperience, he makes a point to not only point in the right direction but to learn himself. This borderline micromanagement, however well intentioned, often leaves him stretched thin and working more than he probably should. Unlike most, he actually enjoys paperwork as he calls it a way he can both be helpful and rest at the same time. He has developed a taste for seaweed to combat his iron deficiencies and is notorious for drinking regular lemonade right in the middle of the alcoholics. He has no high horse to speak of despite his position, nor does he seek glory. If anything, he does what he does strictly because it is the right thing to do. While he sports a bit of a mischievous streak at times, he is still who he is. He has an unusual way of going about things and has fun with it but never lets that compromise his morals. Never was there a man who messed with so many people in ways that couldn't even really qualify as pranks.

History: Holly was born extremely talented minus the lack of a body to keep up with him. He was also driven, had his heart in the right place, and was born in a time that allowed him to grow at his leisure. It went without saying that he was an ideal candidate to be a shinigami. His father instilled in him all the basics, not so much of combat but of being a good person. His mother wanted him to not get into the business of being a shinigami despite being one herself. She knew well a lot of the dangers of the occupation. Self defense was encouraged but not joining in the family occupation. The result of this was a free-roaming Holly, probably fit to pass the academy but not enrolled in it. He grew up and got a job in the Rukongai, kick-starting some programs to help some of the needy in the higher numbered districts. Pulling a few strings and gathering some shinigami who originally came from those districts, he was able to put together enough volunteer manpower to begin some limited operations, getting much needed food and water to them. It wasn't a complete fix but a step in the right direction.

During the invasion, he happened to be out in the Rukongai but did not participate in the defense of Soul Society, instead working on the evacuation of certain parts of the Rukongai to safer areas away from the battle. He had no idea that the battle would actually be lost. After the battle, he discovered that his family was nowhere to be found, neither confirmed alive nor dead. It was about then that he decided that things had changed. Before he had told himself that it was not cowardice to not be a shinigami. Rather, they were very prevalent. The need was with the humanitarian aspect. Post-invasion, it became clear that more shinigami were needed and to merely worry about the policy to follow was putting the cart before the horse. As if to answer his call, someone appeared to teach him. While he had seen her before on occasion as a half welcomed, half tolerated house guest, she was clearly not a shinigami as far as occupation went. The small bit of skepticism he had was washed away when she offered to teach him the technique his father used to fight. Then after he had sufficient mastery of it and the other basics of battle, she left, suggesting that he make his way over to the Soul Society that was rebuilding itself. Upon doing so, he borderline attached himself to Tensa Hiruma, the only associate of his family that he could recognize that was still around. There was another too but he seldom visited her due to her current condition.

---Skills---

Strength: 7

Speed: 15

Reflexes: 8

Finesse: 9

Stamina: 4

Reiryoku: 8100

Kido: 6

Zanjutsu: 7

---Zanpakuto---

Name: Jingu

Appearance: A kodachi at his side. He can also turn it into a fan as an alternate form. Despite having a zanpakuto's durability, the fan's face is pliable. It is not a tessen and thus generally unsuitable for fighting aside from possibly blocking with the hard edge. The face ironically has a holly design on it.

Shikai Chant: Shen Chang, Jingu

Shikai Appearance: A red battle staff with golden metal ends.

Shikai Abilities: Jingu warps its own weight. While technically about 70 pounds, it is only 8 pounds for Holly. As a result, he will almost invariably win direct clashes, being able to hit with much greater force than his actual strength would normally allow. He can also tap the ground to create triple gravity zones that range a couple feet from the point of contact. A bright gold circle will appear on the ground to denote the area. While they only last about 3 seconds, they are often enough to mess up the rhythm of his opponents. However, unlike with the basic ability, he is not immune to the effects of those gravity zones so they are more useful in standing combat than high speed. This ability is not stackable.

Bankai Phrase: Jingu Bang

Bankai Appearance: Roughly the same as shikai though Holly will actively change this with its ability.

Bankai Abilities: Jingu Bang can float and move based on Holly's hand directions as though he were swinging it himself. While doing this, at least part of the staff must stay within 5 feet of him. If he is forcibly moved or moves at all, the staff will move with him automatically to maintain its place in relation to where he is. As such, he can technically float or fly with it though it would be terribly useless usually. Going into bankai for transportation is pretty stupid and in most situations where he would have his bankai out, it would be ill-advised to lock down his weapon just to move around and not even terribly fast. As it doesn't actually levitate him so much as he could sit or hang onto it, this does not enable him to fight airborne. That entire ability takes a good deal of concentration so its use is kept to a minimum, usually for just a swing or two at a time in between normal fighting. More importantly, Jingu Bang can extend or retract itself and its weight will adjust proportionally. This is a quick enough shift to be used as an attack. Extended, it will obviously hit harder but will be more difficult to wield and will cost more reiatsu to keep like that. There isn't a known maximum but extension adds direct reiatsu upkeep cost which he would inevitably fail to be able to pay if used recklessly and that would simply knock him out of bankai. Naturally, the maximum extension will increase with his reiatsu though that is relatively meaningless. All shikai abilities are also active except that his increased gravity zones can now be stacked up to twice if he uses both ends of his staff and the real weight is increased to 175 pounds.

Incarnation Appearance: See left.

Last edited:
Just to tell you guys, i won't be able to post as i'm going to London, England, and so i won't be back till late Wednesday-Early Thursday.

Ok pasta thanks for the heads up! Enjoy your trip! :D

If you get the opportunity, Pasta, can you give a quick thumbs up or thumbs down?

Thumb's up on the Char. Go ahead and post as them if ya want to :3.

Status
Not open for further replies.