Blades of the Morning (Urban Dark Fantasy RP)

Minerva

The Apex of the World
Original poster
LURKER MEMBER
FOLKLORE MEMBER
Posting Speed
  1. Multiple posts per day
  2. 1-3 posts per day
  3. Multiple posts per week
  4. Slow As Molasses
Online Availability
Roughly 9:30 AM-2:30 AM (CST)
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Intermediate
  3. Advanced
  4. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. Male
  2. Female
Genres
Fantasy, Sci-Fi, Alt History, Anything really. It honestly depends on how I'm feeling. I am always up for a good, solid Cyberpunk RP. I'm also up for Crossover RPs.

Ddf8pCWVMAAECeO.jpg

• The world is dying. Being consumed by Shadow.

Every 2,000 years, a cycle of magic occurs. This magic restores the world, heals it, prevents the world from going mad. The magic is provided by ley lines, magical spots that act as veins that run across the world. These veins are located in what are now the world's three great cities (New York, Paris, Tokyo). However, at the end of the cycles, the world's safety is threatened by the weakening magic in the world. Monsters called Shadow from the chaos outside the world seek to destroy humanity and its kind.

The Paladins, soldiers chosen by Titania the Fairy Queen every 2000 year cycle to restore magic are sent out into the world. The Paladins are to fight against the Shadow and restore the Ley Lines to restore magic, and therefore restore life to the world. Paladins carry her blades, unknown to the rest of the world, to the three leylines: Manhattan, Tokyo, and Paris, to restore and reconnect the Leylines and thus heal the world.

The Shadows are powerful beings, stronger than the Paladins who are chosen from normal humans, however, Titania has blessed the Paladins. When they die, she may bring them back to life, but at a fraction of their power, as well as granted them access to her magic.

Hello! My name is Minerva, but please, call me Paladin!

This is a roleplay based around the idea of a Modern Day Dark Souls type deal where players who bear some strange power must fight monsters stronger than them in order to save the world. However, the idea also takes from Persona as well, with the characters carrying day jobs and such. The day jobs will effect various things in the setting, such as:
    An Anthropology Professor might have greater magic affinity than someone who works as a cop.

ANy questions are greatly appreciated!

• fantasy-3555291_960_720.jpg

TO BE POSTED IF THIS BECOMES A FULL RP!

Boo likey~^^!!

But k sooooo like here is my Regular rundown:

What is required:
~writing level?
~post frequency?
~face claim art style?
~max. number of RPers?

~Can we play multi charries?
~Is Discord required?

~Is there dice/stats use?

Thanks ya~^^!!

• Thank You
Reactions: a touch of dread
Boo likey~^^!!
I'm glad! Thanks for the interest!

~writing level?

At least one grammar and spellchecked paragraph. A few errors here and there is alright, I just don't want it to be like, unreadable.

~post frequency?

As often as you can, tbh. I'm not picky and am fairly slow myself. I'm also a college student with two majors. I'll say once/twice a week for a solid estimate.

~face claim art style?

Anything, honestly. Photographs or realistic art may work best to go with the gritty setting, however, I'm fine with anime if you can't find any.

~max. number of RPers?

Do not know yet. May put a limit at ten, but I don't think I'll get that many.

Sure, if you think you can manage it, go ahead!

~Is Discord required?

It is not. Even if I create one, it will not be required.

Might be a basic sort of class system and a "Strength and Weaknesses" thing for balance, but other than that, nothing formal stats-wise.

Thank you for the interest!​

Boo likey~^^!!

~writing level?

At least one grammar and spellchecked paragraph. A few errors here and there is alright, I just don't want it to be like, unreadable.

~post frequency?

As often as you can, tbh. I'm not picky and am fairly slow myself. I'm also a college student with two majors. I'll say once/twice a week for a solid estimate.

~face claim art style?

Anything, honestly. Photographs or realistic art may work best to go with the gritty setting, however, I'm fine with anime if you can't find any.

~max. number of RPers?

~Is Discord required?

Might be a basic sort of class system and a "Strength and Weaknesses" thing for balance, but other than that, nothing formal stats-wise.

Awesomes!! Thanks for answers^^

Hope to see this go to OOC :DDD

Boo likey~^^!!

~writing level?

~post frequency?

~face claim art style?

~max. number of RPers?

~Is Discord required?

Awesomes!! Thanks for answers^^

Hope to see this go to OOC :DDD
No problem! If you have any more, don't hesitate to ask!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Boo Girlie BoomBoom
@Minerva

Mmmm... It's coools. I'm sure the Boo Girlie will have more to ask once I see ooc ;DD

Got me interested.

One question: would players be coming up with their own ideas of the blades they used, or are there preexisting ones that they would have as options?

Got me interested.

One question: would players be coming up with their own ideas of the blades they used, or are there preexisting ones that they would have as options?
You can make your own blade!

• Sweet
Reactions: Auntie Phaz
Is this still open? Because I positively love this concept ^^

Interested as well ^^ Any particular flat restrictions against abilities or our blades?

Interested as well ^^ Any particular flat restrictions against abilities or our blades?

Not that I can think of atm. There will be a sort of list of limitations in the OoC.

Reactions: Shayla and Dante
When should we be expecting the OOC for this? ^^

Hello!

Edit: I look forward to reading and following the story!

Last edited:
When should we be expecting the OOC for this? ^^
I'm working on it rn. The i nfo I have is pretty dense and I lost some of it, so it should be over the next few days.

Reactions: Shayla
Gonna try and get this up Wednesday

Reactions: Shayla
Fuck, got busy! Am going to cut some stuff down so I can get it up quicker!

Just keep us updated!