Blackout

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
Scrap was still excited he survived his escape when a voice came over the comm channel in his cockpit. "Call me Scrap, I was part of the R & D team...." He replied slowing his craft down to fly along the side of the plane. "How many others made it off that heap?" He asked, his voice over the channel coming through fuzzy and distorted as if spoken through nearly busted speakers.

Kate turned and counted. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 plus the other.. "Six I believe. I'm Jae, overall ship maintenance person."

Someone hacked into the communication link. Seems like it was Blade.
I guess i introduce myself as well. Codename: Blade. An assassin who wanted to travel for free. Never expected to be on a ship that would be attacked by aliens. Tough luck i guess.
I'll be your ally until we reach a safe zone.
When they looked outside, they could probably see him. He uses a hover board, usually used for ground travel. His suit protects him from the cold, vacuum of space.
My oxygen will run out soon. Mind to let me in?

Kate sent a scan to the cargo bay, no one was there, everyone was in the passenger bay or the pilot's cabin. "Cargo bay, very back of the ship. Tell me when you're positioned Blade." She said, her left hand on the button.

Roger that.
Blade moved over to the ship. After a few moment, he was positioned behind the cargo bay.
Blade here. I'm in position.

"Okay..opening in 3-2-1." She pushed the button, watching the holograph on the screen in front of her to make sure the door opened correctly. "In?"

With one little boost, he made his way inside as the door opened. As he was inside, he held onto a metal bar.
I'm in. Once the doors are closed i will meet up with you.

"Understood." She closed the doors, scanning the ship once more to make sure everything was sealed tight. "The ship's sealed and safe for whatever you have in mind..unless you plan on crashing, then I say no." She told Fonz, the last part being sarcastic.

His voice came back over through his somewhat damaged comm link, "Where're we headed? seems like you're headed back towards the frying pan if my course corrector's right...." He paused, checking the ammunition in his hold. "I know this may seem errr obvious, but we almost died coming from this way, probably not smart to backtrack."

"I think we're heading back to Earth. We might be able to find a few ruins to catch up in...I'm going to set the ship in Hyper-Warp to close the distance. Anyone need to come aboard?" she said over the comm after noticing that their mass capacity was actually a lot more than she thought at take-off. "We've got room for about 20 more people, but I don't think there's that many."

The pod shuddered dangerously, its insides bathed in red light. The girl stumbled to the pilot's seat, inwardly cursing anything and everything. She brushed her long, grey hair out of her eyes and adjusted the structure's course. A beautiful white orb took up the center of the pilot's viewing screen, the girl's destination. The lights flickered back to normal and the girl returned to the small bunk nearby, picking her weapon back up. She muttered something in Russian and finished re-assembling the Dragunov sniper rifle. It wasn't exactly her favorite piece of weaponry, but you couldn't exactly be choosy when your ship is being invaded.

"Uhmmmm, so let me get this straight, You're leading us back to the hellhole we almost died escaping?" He asked, clear disbelief in his tone. "I have an idea, why don't we land at the moon base, sit tight for a little bit let me work on some weapons that we could use then hit up planet side?" He said, prepping the warp puncher drive in his skiff.

Jae paused. "Moon base? That's been shut down though..unless you know a way in, I don't know if it'll be worth it." But if we can get in..we might actually be able to end this war..do the one thing thought impossible.. "Do you? Do you know a way in?"

"Hmmmm, not directly, you got tech in that ship? I may be able to hack into the systems and open the shuttle bay." He replied, "It's an old military installation right? Experimental tech and stuff like that?"

The girl had returned back to the pilot's seat, thinking something along the lines of 'this piece of crap better not give out on me' as the lights flashed red and a loud siren screamed over her swearing. She quickly pulled levers, flipped switches, and hit buttons, but nothing happening in response. She sighed deeply, ignoring the havic around her, and leaned back to stare past the moon. Humanity's home, and her own, was like a beacon calling to them. Her chest tightened just at the sight of it. She looked away, focusing on the moon. She didn't have time to be sappy. She had a mission to fufill, but to do that, she needed to reach her soldiers.

"Yeah..I guess we could do that. When we get out of H.W. space, to the moon it is. H.W. in 3-2-1." She flicked the switch and the ship jumped and reappeared, Earth and the moon in view. The radar blipped and a red light flashed. "What?! Wait!" Jae scanned the radar and froze as the ship's intercom burst to life. "Inevitable collision..Inevitable Collision..small pod.." the mechanical voice did nothing to break her next thought. We're going to die..after all of this ((I've got to go for tonight))

In a flash, the girl's small glass world was filled with nothing but a landscape of metal and looming death. She did the only thing she could think of before the two ships met. She jumped out of the pilot's seat, grabbed her gun, and dunked under the bunk while cursing repeatedly in every language she could.

The ship's controls suddenly moved on their own and many functions were accessed at once. As a result, the emergency program was activated, making the ship disjoint unnecessary parts. The bridge was disjointed and had it's own propulsion system. The only thing it took with it was a part of the barracks and a small storage chamber. Now it didn't look like the spaceship from before, but like a giant capsule.
The most fatal possible collision for them was prevented, but the fuel would run out soon.

After everything quit moving around and the ship re-steadied itself, Jae returned to speaking into the mic. "I-is everyone alright?" She asked, her voice strong, but she was shaking from relief and release of her nerves. "What was that..?" She glanced at the monitor as it beeped. Low fuel? Damnit..

The door to the bridge opened and blade walked in.
If you're referring to the emergency program: That was me.
I hacked into the ship's controls as i saw some kind of capsule heading our way. This program usually needs authorization from someone, and i doubt we had the time to wait for that.
Looks like a escape pod was about to crash into us.
After saying that, he took a seat. He was at the ship computer now, ready to hack and bypass security measurements if needed.