Blackout

• Thread starter Jae- The nonexistant
  • Start date
When he got up he began to breath normal again, he felt everything rushing around his body but it wasnt to bothering until he heard the footsteps. He then spoke as best as he could " We..we could try and ma-make it to the han-Hanger and escape by pl-plane " He took deep breaths inbetween as he looked around the area pulling his pistol as they got closer to them. " I dont kn-know if we ca-can hold the shi-ship from thi-this invasion " He aimed the pistol down the hallway awaiting there immediate targets. He wasnt going to die here not like this, not after becoming senior airmen.

Kate pause hearing the soldier she was holding speak. She pulled him behind Rafael. "Judgement, cover for a moment." She turned to the soldier. "How many can this plane you're talking about hold?" She asked. "I just need a number, please." She began counting everyone she knew would be at deck 10. She knew who would survive and who wouldn't based on the dead she'd already seen. There weren't too many...She hoped her plan would carry out, she just needed his number.

" We ca-can take th-the jumbo sh-ship that hol-holds more than 40 pe-people " He smirked and continued saying " It-its used for tra-transporting bi-bigger things t-to other pl-places " He grabbed his side and took in a bit more air before he exhaled slowly, He still had his pistol up aiming around just incase something was to try and sneak up of them .

Kate nodded. "Okay, just take it easy, we'll be there in no time." She reached up, brushing a few of the controls on her SGs and found the quickest route as they pointed the direction. "Okay, follow us, I found the safest route to the hangar, keep your eyes open.." She stepped in front of the line, helping the soldier walk while keeping on the trail. It seemed pretty clear, no aliens within sight, but they were in the same room. Keeping her rifle close, she set the soldier on the ground while trying to bypass a keypad into the hallway. "I'm going to need only 2 minutes." She said as she started working.

He almost closed his eyes when she sat him down, but he opened them watching the captain and everyone else that was just standing there waiting to get out of here. He smirked a bit and said " What a shit storm day this has become " His breathing was rash now and he didn't know why, but he kept pushing no matter how much he wanted to pass out he new he couldn't because he is probably the only one so far who can fly this ship solo. A tear ran down one side of his face were he was to weak to wipe it off, he thought about how old he is and why he was in this situation why him? he isnt even that old.

Kate stood up straight as the door opened silently. She scanned the area quickly before helping the soldier up. "If we go left, it's only a few minutes before we will be there. We should be fine." She said to the group as she started down the hallway, keeping an eye on their surroundings and another on the soldier. She noticed he didn't seem completely awake, so she tried to start a conversation. He needs to stay awake.. She thought to herself. "What's your name?" Kate asked him gently. "I'm Jae, I pretty much run around keeping the ship running and I help train newcomers." She gave him a small smile, even though the situation didn't call for one.

Alias, otherwise known as "Fly", was crouching in the hallway, afraid. What has just happened? He though as he rocked back and forth. Then he heard footsteps. He looked. There couldn't be another human on board, so that means...

Fly sighed in relief.

He was glad she striked up a conversation because he was almost knocked out " Im Senior Airmen Fonz...one of the many top rank fliers " He smirked and said " i mostly work with my plane and flying but...ive been doing lessons on the others planes so i pretty much know how to fly this ship and the others to " He gripped his side and heard something shuffling in the distance he kept himself up with her as best as he could.

Kate nodded. "Good. Are you sure you cou.." She broke off as she heard something ahead and she stopped, sending out a scan. A soldier was up ahead and she called out, approaching slowly. "Hey, are you okay?" She stopped as they got near and held out her free hand, offering to help him up. "Can you walk?"

As Kate was helping up the soldier on the ground, Rafael wanted to look around for a bit. "Shit, nothing but ravaged rooms and corpses." He said. Looking closer at the corpses, he noticed that one of them was a medic. Maybe he has something I could use. He thought to himself as he searched his dead comrade's body. All he found was just a few bandages and some unlabeled drugs. He a few of the the bandages and wrapped them around the parts of his head that were cut from the explosion. Then he placed the rest of the bandages and the drugs in his pocket and took some of the ammo that was laying nearby.

Kate glanced back. "Yeah, I wouldn't be too surprised if half the crew of the ship are dead." She watched the soldier in front of her carefully. "What's your name?" she asked after a moment. He looked a little familiar, but of course so did most of the people on the ship.

Fly noticed the hand as he grabbed it, getting up. He felt a sharp pain in his right leg, but with all of the things that were going on, he could handle this one. He winced and said. "Yea, just a little pain. Oh yeah, and I'm Alias, but call me 'Fly'".

"Okay, well, welcome to the group Fly. We're heading for the hangar, come on." She scanned the hall again, making sure they were on the right path. "It's just up ahead, only about 14 and a half meters, in the alcove." She started moving again, her grip on her rifle tighter as the sounds behind them loudened a slight bit. "We're almost there. Once we get in, we can barricade the door with the lock key I have. By the way, are you sure you're up to flying, Fonz?" She asked, slight worry in her voice from the sight of his condition. "Need a co-pilot?"

Herald put his face up to the bars. Such a medieval thing, sure did demoralize a man. "Hey Benedict." Herald smiled that smile that only meant he wanted something.

Benedict turned, he was the Brig Guard. "What?"

"You know. With this whole being attacked thing. I think you should let me out. I might be able to help you know."

Benedict rolled his eyes and looked the other way.

"Come on Benny."

"You know what, we are being attacked. Maybe I should just go up to the Front Deck and leave you behind."

"Oh Benny Benny. Don't be like that. Come man, remember when were playing cards and I was making those jokes?"

Benedict shook his head. "Yeah. I remember."

"Sweet little Emily's ass. I wonder how she got that gun."

"Probably cocked the Captain's pistol."

"She gave that nine millimeter all she had." They both broke out in laughter. After they finished Herald spoke again. "Come on. That wasn't even the best of em' man. Remember all that shit we did?"

"Yeah."

"We are friends right?" Herald stuck his hand out of the bars.

Benedict shook his hand hesitantly. "Friends."

"Now are you going to let me out or will I have to chew through these bars?"

Benedict smirked and opened the door. "Alright. We need to get to the front deck I suppose."

"Can I get a gun?" Herald held out his hand.

"A gun?" Benedict looked at his hand and then at Herald's face. "I-I'm not sure."

"Come on man. We are being invaded. You know I can handle myself with a gun." Herald had been in the On-board Weapons League. Owl for short. They were a group that dealt with on - board military operations. Herald was the best shot in the group. "And besides, you'll need someone covering your back."

"I'll give you my pistol."

"Just the pistol?"

"I only have one rifle."

Herald shrugged. "Alright then." Benedict handed him the pistol smiling. Herald took it and nodded his head approvingly. "Heavy."

"Yeah. I got that one from playing poker wit-"

Herald angled it up pretending to inspect it and then shot Benedict in the head. "Fires well too. Oh." Herald chuckled. "Thats for cheating at cards all the time." Herald took his gear, rifle and security passes. "Asshole." He then walked out of the Brig and off towards the Front Deck. From what he could tell he was in a ruined Med Bay.

Kate reached the door scanned her key. The door beeped, sliding open. She walked in, standing at the door letting the others in. "Come on, We've got to get out of here." She closed the door, elbowing the keypad with her free elbow hard enough to bust it. "We should be good enough in here to get everything situated.

Arson pushed the rubble off of him, standing up. He saw Kate enter the room, and wobbled as he regained his balance. His first thought was to find a weapon. He surveyed the rubble he was trapped in, searching for the Pistol he had been cleaning. As he searched, he spoke to Kate, not looking up from his search as he spoke. "Sit-Rep, Ma'am?" he said, his voice neutral and unconcerned as it always was, although he was trying to stay calm. He wrapped his hand around the grip of the Pistol, and produced from his vest a single clip, loading it into the weapon and methodically cocking it back.

"Hey, we need to get out of here now." Kate motioned him over before turning to Fonz. "Fonz, which plane is it?" She asked the him as she looked around. The hangar was pretty big, she'd only been in here a few times. *BANG* she winced slightly as the aliens tried to knock down the door. "We need to move."

Rafael pointed his grenade launcher towards the door waiting to blow the living hell out of the aliens. "Hurry up Fonz!." He yelled as the aliens broke through. The door flew out of its place showing several aliens behind it that looked ready to kill. Taking a closer look, he noticed that the aliens were several times larger than them and their claws were piercing the floor right underneath them. Rafael fired several grenades at them hoping to at least make some damage. However, they came through the explosion without a scratch. "We need to go now!"

Kate pulled Fonz and the captain into the nearest plane. "Come on!" She yelled to Rafael, Fly, and the soldier they'd just met in the hangar. She had a tight grip on the door with one hand and she was firing shots from her rifle with her other hand. She sent a quick scan of the surrounding area. "There's too many, you two need to get in here!" She glanced over to Fonz. "You can fly this, right?"

Arson looked to Rafael "If you aren't careful, you will blow us al to hell." he said, his voice dullish. He brought his pistol up, shooting the less armored aliens at the door. Each of them dropped with a precise shot to the face. The slide shot back permanently; Arson was out of ammo. He didn't seem genuinely concerned, only turning his back and searching for a ship. He could care less, he had basic flight knowledge, he knew he could certainly take himself down to earth. "I'm leaving. As far as I' concerned, We can either go farther into space, and die, or we can go back to an environment we know, and have a small peek at survival. If you are with me, then follow me." he said, turning to the pilot. "If you do manage to finally decide on a ship, then keep your radio on channel 23. We have to split up, because in order to escape, we need to maintain minimum weight for velocity."