Black Wood Academy. (RP)

I walk toward the front door, listening to the thoughts around me.
'A new batch of students. What abilities do they have?' I hear the butler thinking.
"Could be more discreet buddy." I chuckle as I open the door. "Hey, you guys coming?" I call out the door.
Wait. I go back over what I heard the butler thinking. "What abilities do they have? What kind of school is this?" I mutter.
I scan the thoughts of the students in front of me. I hear indistinct thoughts, nothing cohesive as a whole.

Samuel shook everyone's hand as he noticed someone say something about his bags being on the flooded ground. "Ah, Damn." He said as a person came along and grabbed his bags, nodding his head while speaking. "I'll take these for you, Sir." He took Samuel's wet belongings as he smiled and said "Thank you." In a rather soft tone.

He heard another female's voice come up from behind him as he smiled and shook her hand. "Hello Mio, I am Samuel." His eyes then looked towards Zeike, who was trying to get inside of his mind. ::Stop trying to get in my head.:: Those words were spoken telepathically inside of Zeike mind.

He went to the door and walked inside of the mansion, nodding towards the butler with a smile as his eyes looked around the mansion. "Now, this is a school." He said with a hint of laughter as he turned around to see if everyone else was approaching. "You guys have got to check this out!" He shouted, waiting for someone to at least agree with him about this mansion. But why were they really here? That was the question on his mind at the moment.

Issac had taken cover from the rain under a small outcropping in the roof. He saw that there was a wave of students coming in and he didn't feel like interacting with them just yet. He eyed the door to the building and went in looking for the main office. He looked around and soon he found it. He checked in with the admin and they had assigned him a room. At this point he wondered if this school had roommates. He liked the idea, because it gave one on one time with people and you'd get to know them, but if they were complete jackasses then it wouldn't be so enjoyable.

Not feeling like searching for his room just yet, though, he sat on a leather lounge chair in the main lobby and cracked open his favorite book. He wanted to finish the chapter first and maybe one of the new students would approach him. He wasn't one to go and initiate conversations.

Zeike smiled at Natalie and shrugged. "Well, thank you. I love this dress too. It was made just for me. And, I'm from New York. But my dream is to go to Japan!"
She laughed softly and looked around as a boy entered.
"Hello there, I'm samuel, and you guys are?"
Zeike didn't respond for a moment, she felt something odd about him, and she tried to look into his mind, but he quickly sent back a message.
"Stop trying to get in my head.."
Zeike jumped back as if she'd been slapped. No one had ever noticed when she'd done it before.
Looking around suspiciously, she heard a girl talk as well.
"Hi, I'm Mio. I guess we'll all be going to school together, it's nice to meet you." "
Zeike noticed Mio seemed less relaxed and happy than everyone else, so she didn't reply.
Instead she admired Natalie's dress. It really was just so cute.
Before she could stop herself, she let out a squeal and waved her hands around in desire.
"Ah, Natalie, pleease, tell me, where did you get this dress?! It is sooo cuteee!!"
Just then Samuel called out; "You guys have got to check this out!"
Zeike turned and looked around with a small bit of interest.

"You are so late!" Adaires mother exclaimed in frustration. "Mom chill no one cares." Adaires mother merely cast her a hateful glance and pursed her lips. Adaire had donned, what to her, was a simple black dress. Her mother had chided her and yelled at her to change, but she had ignored her completely. She remembered the day she got the letter.

It had been an extremely rainy day, and it had only been worsened by the fact that her boyfriend Jace had broken up with her. She wasn't all that bothered that they had broken up, she hadn't cared much for his incessant whining anyways, but it was the way he had done it."I just don't think we're working, to be honest I think you're just too weird. You scare me sometimes Adaire, I'm sorry." Those had been his words. It had hurt her feelings when he had called her weird. When she had arrived home she had found a really weird letter accepting her to a school she had never heard of. Her mother insisted she go, and Adaire hadn't cared enough to argue. So now here she was in this stuffy car with her mother and their quiet little chauffeur. They rounded the bend and made their way through the big iron gates only to pull up to a large mansion looking school. Hanson jumped out of the drivers seat and went to the back to grab her bags. Adaire turned and stiffly kissed her mothers cheek. "Goodbye mother." Adaire quickly stepped out of the limo and opened her umbrella making her way to the front doors. She wore a long chiffon coat over her dress and black gloves to cover her hands. Hanson set her bags right inside the doors and Adaire took a glance around, immediately noticing the other students. She remained where she stood as she closed her umbrella and took off her coat.

(ill colour later, since im using my phone)

"Huh? Oh, it was on sale in Harrods." He wanted to add it wasnt that good on him, but he didnt want to sound snobby. It was embarrassing just saying it was from Harrods. He was about to ask where everybody else came from, when a boy cried out. "Come check this out!" Nathan was about to go over to see what was up, when he thought he saw movement outside. He was getting odd feelings from every where. Warm, welcoming ones nearby, more apprehensive ones further away. They were all unique, but shared one single attribute. What ever it was, it made Nathan sick. His face went a ghostly white as his head began to spin. "Too many new people, too many new people!" He thought. Hed got carried away in the excitement of things, and hadnt noticed how many strong spirited people were around- well he wouldnt since some where hidden. "I this school always had sounded fishy. Its those kind of people again"

Zeike smiled and nodded, although she'd never heard of that store.
Staring at Natalie, she noticed he had gone pale.
She could hear his thoughts, and she knew how he felt, she didn't like too many people either.
Sighing, she walked to a chair and sat down, her head was beginning to throb. All the thoughts of everyone were circulating around, and sometimes Zeike couldn't block them out.

Adaire looked towards Natalie and noticed she had gone pale. She made a step towards the small male and made as though to put her hand on his shoulder. "Are you alright?" Ever since Adaire had arrived she had a strange feeling about this place. She put her hand lightly on Natalie's shoulder and was met with a torrent of sounds. Her face contorted into a grimace and her eyes went wide. As soon as Adaire put her hand on Natalie's shoulder the whispering had started. It was inaudible to the other students, but it started to become louder and louder to Adaire. "Wh-What did you do? Stop it! Make it stop!" To the other students she might seem just crazy, but to her there was a shouting all around her. The voices were angry and they were screaming at her. Adaire fell to her knees and covered her ears. "Me solum relinquatis vos non sunt reales!"

The voices stopped immediately and Adaire looked up, realizing what she had just done, and in public. "I... I promise I'm not crazy." She stood up and brushed her skirt off and bowed her head, blushing a bright scarlet. "I'm so sorry. That won't happen ever again. I..." She look baffled and tears filled her eyes. She was so embarrassed and baffled by what had just happened. She just stood there as she allowed a tear to escape.

As I scan the minds of the people around me I hear an anomaly in the thoughts. I hear the thoughts of the people around someone, even my own. I zero in on the source and spy a young man about my age. I begin to walk toward him from the doorway, and see if he can sense and find me with my thoughts.
'I know you are listening. It is impressive. To find another mind reader. You are about to be cut off so don't try to read my thoughts.' I inform as I put my mental barricade up, as I do I hear loud sounds inside someone's head, not thoughts but still inside someone's head. It gives me a momentary headache as I close my mind off. I wince and inhale for a moment.
"I... I promise I'm not crazy." I hear as I turn to face the source.
I see this girl, maybe my age or a year younger, standing up with two other girls. I jog over to her.
"Are you okay?" I ask as I glance. "What was that? And don't say nothing, because I will find out sooner or later." I add, smirking. "It was quite loud, just so you know, and not you promising that you weren't crazy." I add comforting Mio. "I don't think anyone else heard though."

As his eyes scanned around the mansion, everyone was piling in. His eyes converted towards Nathan, who looked like he just saw a ghost. A simple, soft laugh escaped from his parted lips as he sees someone new approach the girl. Another female. He rolled his eyes a little bit as he folded his arms over his chest. He holds onto his head, someone was communicating with him. It was Reno. Samuel's weight shifted to turn towards him as he heard him introduce himself. Samuel slowly started to circle around Reno, whispering his words softly as he rested his index finger on his chin. "I know who you are. And I know you put a mental barricade around your mind. Good luck with that." He stopped talking when he was back in front of Reno, arms still crossed over his chest. "Now, I am Samuel." He offered his hand for him to shake as he got inside his mind. ::Shake my hand.:: Samuel's voice would echo throughout Reno's mind as he waited to see if his mind control worked.

"I... That hasn't happened to me in a long time. I learned to control it I promise!" She deftly wiped away the tears from her eyes. "I just hear sounds sometimes. Sounds from people who aren't there. My mother thinks I'm crazy." As she spoke of her mother her voice became bitter. "I learned to control it with my use of Latin. Usually that doesn't happen... Only when I come into contact with someone of a high spiritual presence." She turned to face Natalie. "She has such a high spiritual pressure that she set it off. I apologize... It won't happen again." She blushed a brighter shade of red and muttered a phrase under her breath. She slowly reach over and placed her hand on Natalie's shoulder again. This time Adaire did not fall to the ground in agony, but she did wince slightly "By the way... I am Adaire Epitaph, of the esteemed Epitaph family." She took off her elbow length glove and stretched out her hand to Reno, waiting for him to shake her hand. ​"And you are?"

Mio was trying her hardest not to have an annoyed look after she had just met these people, she really hated having to be nice. Following the other students in, she noticed some of them were acting strange. The first thing when she stepped into the building was a feeling like she was being pulled from her body. It had happened a couple times before, but mostly only when she was sleeping. This place seemed really off, which was oddly kind of a good thing in Mio's mind. The one thing that did creep her out though was the feeling of actual hands trying to pull her out of her body, not something she was too big on. When she noticed one of the girls was having some sort of episode, Mio had no idea exactly what it should be called. It was odd that someone would have any type of episode, but it could have been a panic attack, but highly unlikely, she had seen people that had panic attacks, this was a little different. "Well that was a little odd," mumbling to herself as she looked at her surroundings.

Passing it off as nothing to be too concerned about, or at least something that wouldn't bother her too much, she listened for any type of animal that might be nearby. Sadly, there was mostly just a few mice, not animals that are easy to communicate with, their a little scatter brained like squirrels. She finally reached out and found a cat strolling around the school, but it was a little ways away. Moving a little more towards one of the walls, she sat down and got images and feelings form the cat that told her there was definitely something wrong with this place. Standing up, she walked over to the guy that looked the least irritating, he was reading a book and ignoring everyone for the most part (Issac). Sitting across from him she sighed, "Crazy group that we're a part of." With a more than bored look she introduced herself, "I'm Mio, and you look like you're one of the least irritating people. Also, just to warn you, I'm a very honest person, I will always say what's on my mind."

"Reno Karazura. It is nice to meet you Adaire Epitaph." I introduce, shaking her hand. "I, myself, am the last in a bloodline of a long forgotten Imperial Family. And I mean long forgotten. Symbols that are now linked to other empires were symbols that we used. Records that were otherwise lost to time, we have kept. I had questioned it, but I later found the family story to be true. History is written by the victors, and we were not victorious in the end. Only legends and rumors surround my family's history." I tell Adaire. "Whether you believe it or not, that is the truth behind my family as I know it."
'Samuel, you may be able to get past my mental barrier, but you can not bend my will.' I respond in my mind.

Out of the corner of one of the rooms, Zeike saw a small girl peeking at her. Looking around to make sure no one saw her, she walked over.
"Hello?" She called out quietly, looking around.
It was a huge room, with a lit fireplace and a few bookshelves. There was a couch and a coffee table, but not much else.
"Hello? I saw someone!" Zeike called out, huffing.
Turning to leave, she stopped suddenly and let out a quiet "Oh!"
The little girl was in front of her.
She was wearing a Victorian style dress, and had curls just like Zeike's.
"Hello there, where did you run off to?" Zeike asked, smiling slightly.
The little girl laughed and shrugged.
"I didn't know you could see me."
A shiver ran through Zeike, obviously this little girl was dead. It was so obvious now- she was a bit see-through, and faded, like an old picture.
Zeike laughed nervously.
"I-I'm sorry, I sh- um, I shouldn't be s-speaking to you. I'm not s-supposed to see g-ghosts."
The little girl nodded, and disappeared.
Immediately, Zeike felt bad- it wasn't the little girls fault after all.
A loud meow made Zeike jump, twist her ankle, and fall to the cold marble floor.
"Ouch!" She called out, grabbing at her ankle, tears springing to her eyes.
A small orange and white cat was sitting next to her, looking up at her, purring loudly.
"H-Hi kitty.. You scared me.." Zeike whispered, holding out her hand.
The cat walked up to her and brushed against Zeike's hand.
She laughed and picked the cat up, hugging it to her chest.
Zeike loved cats, but her mother had an allergy, so she wasn't allowed to have one.
"Let's see, kitty, can I get up?" She cooed, pushing herself up with one arm, and feeling a horrible pain in her ankle.
"Damn.." She muttered, putting the cat down and hopping to a chair.
"Well, I have a cat and a ghost to keep me company.." She sighed loudly and looked up at the ceiling, noticing it was painted on.
"Odd place for a school, don't you think, kitty?" She asked, and smiled.

Samuel rolled his eyes at Reno, given him a little glare as he shook his head, watching him attend to the panic attack girl. From the corner of his eye, he saw someone sitting off by themselves. Samuel walked over to him, smiling as he saw that he was reading. "You seem irritated, I can sense that." He then seen Mio and smiled at her as well, hearing her say something about the group being crazy. He laughed while sitting down on a nearby couch, looking at the male. "So, what is your name? Why are you irritated?" Samuel didn't want to see this male off by himself, while everyone was getting to know each other.

"Of course I believe you. I can usually tell when someone is lying. People are easy to-" She stopped short and glanced up. Not meaning to be rude, but her eyes glazed and she moved past Reno. "Did you hear that?..." There was a short pause and then she cocked her head slightly. "Hurt? Who? Where? I see... Don't worry we'll help her." She turned to Reno and gestured to him. "There is a girl a few rooms away and she's hurt. They said they think that she hurt her ankle. Could you help me retrieve her?" She seemed as though talking to nothing was an everyday occurrence. Without waiting for an answer she started off in a seemingly random direction, but seemed guided by the voices.

Issac took a look up from his book. He was reading a light adventure novel called Larklight and it was a steam punk book that caught his attention and he loved it ever since. Looking at the newcomer, he had simply replied, "Well, I can respect that. Just try to keep the bashing to a minimum. I'm Issac, nice to meet you. You get the weird letter too?" Issac hoped the first part didn't come across as snobby. Issac put his book away in hopes that he would find someone to keep his busy for a while.

"Do you have any idea why we were called to this school? I think it was weird and since this place is rather fancy and I don't think I have any special talents mentioned in the letter."

Issac looked at his overpacked bag, just now realizing he may not need all the things inside of that bag. At that point he felt kind of embarrassed about it, but didn't bring it up.

(ooc- sorry for delayed post!)Nathan wanted to help Adaire when she had an episode after touching his shoulder. He wanted to help Zeike when he felt her pain. But he couldnt move he was paralyzed. Everybody had heightened emotions, and he felt them all. They all had unwavering auras, a colour hed only seen once before. When the paralysis faded after a minute or so, Nathan began to cry. Not just a sniffle and a few tears, but full on wailing. He hated schools. They had so many uncalm people. And hed made Adaire upset, lost Zeike, let people walk off lonely... Why did he let his mum bring him here? "No, I can solve this!" He thought "I'll go and help...um...Zeike...or Adaire...or somebody else..." Too many choices for too many emotions. Nathan felt like he was going to throw up. "Or I can just get away," he thought. So Nathan bolted. He didnt know where in this mad school he was going, just away from the group. Well untill his blinding tears led him into a wall.

"I'll help you with her." I nod, as the girl that Adaire had touched moments ago started full out crying and ran into a wall. 'Hey Samuel, could you help her out?' I ask in my head, glancing at this girl who ran into a wall. I begin jogging over to her and watch her for a moment. She was still crying. "Hey. Are you okay miss? Look, someone else is hurt badly, but once she is dealt with, I'll be back to help you out if no one else has. Adaire, lets go get Zeike. Its okay, Adaire is fine, it was her ability that caused her pain, not you."

Adaire entered the room with Zeike and instantly noticed a change in the room temperature. "I really hate this place, but it sure seems to like us." The whispering stopped as she stepped closer to Zeike and bent down next to her. "Are you feeling alright? Here let me look at that." Adaire picked up Zeikes leg with care and laid it in her own lap. She prodded around on it a bit, but not enough to hurt her. "You've sprained your ankle... I can fix it though." She beamed a smile at Zeike and gestured for Reno to come help her. "Can you help me get her to the commons area? I can't help her in here it's too... Oppresive, I guess you could say. Don't worry, it's nothing serious. Oh! By the way I'm Adaire Epitaph, from the esteemed Epitaph family. And you are?" She laid Zeikes leg down gently and offered her hand for a handshake.