Black & White

She took a few steps back, smiling at the shot gun pointed at her. It was a big gun, but Natasha wasn't at all frightened. She loved guns and this man seemed to be packing it. If only he were an easier victim, Natasha hated working so hard to take down an opponent.

"Niera's boss?"

Natasha feigned innocence.

"I don't know who you're talking about."

A ball of flame grew in the palm of her hand, growing rapidly. Natasha aimed it for his head but as she tossed the fire at him something powerful shook her and caught her off balance. The entire structure shook and an intense rumbling filled the passageway. The ball flew from her hand towards the wall, singeing away paint and rubble. More sirens took up the cry and everywhere she heard chaos. People started screaming - demon, human and angel alike.

"Oh I wonder who that could be," she asked mildly, looking around her. Natasha flashed him another smile. "So you've met Niera's boss? How exciting. How did your visit go?"

His ears perked up as he felt the shock waves and heard the explosion in the distance. It was not something that could be covered up by the land. It was as if the land itself had shifted from the force. However, that was not the real reason his attention had been diverted. There was something that peaked his curiosity, the feelings of everyone around him. He could feel their fear, their anger, their sadness, and their rage. It was almost as if he was a part of them and it filled him with an overwhelming amount of emotion. To the point of pain, which had caused him to place his right hand on his forehead for comfort.

He raised his left hand and brought it to the same level as his waist. He opened his palm and upon doing so a pentagram filled with ancient runes slowly began to fill its lines. He didn't need to speak or craft a spell because of the way his body was set up. Merely thinking his body quickly converted the mana into the form of a summoning spell. The pentagram moved down his hand and revealed the hilt of a katana and as it continued to move it revealed the rest of the weapon finely sheathed and asleep.

He sighed, then looked up and spoke "Forgive me, i always prefer to have my old friend by my side. You can never be too careful these days."

With his blade now by his side he continued to look around and noticed that he could feel presences unlike any other. Some that were different in ways he couldn't imagine. it only allowed him to realize how ignorant he was of the real world.

He took a deep breath and spoke again "I hate to say it but i don't think i'll be giving you a hand. I can tell how these men think, and i'd rather not be ridiculed by them or 'soil' them by touching them. At least that is how they think and it's not hard for me to tell. Not that i wouldn't mind helping. I just feel i should respect their wishes."

The shrouded figure crouched into a protective stance, weapons drawn and at the ready. He was serious, then? Cidonis narrowed his eyes on the target, energy gathering into the palm of his hand when the man mentioned something about how it must be nice to have kept his wings and that he missed having his. Was this man really a fellow angel? If he didn't have wings, he was surely a Fallen, as he himself was. Albeit due to different circumstances.

"Fascinating. You say you've lost your wings? Imagine that... meeting a fellow Fallen at a time like this. Unfortunately I have no time for chit-chat. My mission comes first." Cidonis finished gathered power into his palm which began to glow bright orange with the built up energy. "The Church views us Fallen as criminals. Heretics. You get one chance to answer me before I fire or walk away. Which side are you on?"

The gaunlet on Taiken's left hand began to surge with chaotic energy, which quickly traveled up his arm until it surged around his whole body. He placed his right foot at the edge of the building, then pushed off of it, leading off the side. Before he could start falling, he shot off into the sky towards the prison like a bolt of lightening. It took him less than 10 seconds to close the 5 mile gap to the prison. Once he arrived at the massive hole in the wall he had made, he came to a rather abrupt stop, rolling to the floor of the cell as the chaos energy was removed from around him. He rolled to his feet, though somewhat ungracefully, and came to stand off to the left of the prisoner the room was meant to hold.

Taiken looked to this person, this woman it seemed, with suspicion and contempt as he slowly walked around to the front of her in order to get a good look at her face. Unseen to the girl, the lenses on his sun glasses had been switched off from night vision, and was now showing a facial recognition scan on her. Going through every possible person in every database he could link up with, all but the most secure networks. However, after a few moments, the scan came up negative, returning no results, no matches at all. Whoever this person was, their identity was being kept secret even from the prison staff. The glasses then started scanning her energy signature again, which like before, came up as 3 different entities. So he was in the right place, and he was sure that his equipment was not malfunctioning.

He drew one of his pistols into his right hand, but did not aim it at her, merely held it in his hand at his side. Then he spoke to her; something that he had never done to anyone he had hunted before.

"So... What are you?"

Malachi unintetionally let up on his stance just a bit but kept the same basic form. He considered the question presented to him by the other angel. Finally he decided to tell him the basics of the situation, "Me? Well I am on my side. There is only one thing that I wish and right now the curch is paying me and seems to be the only way to my ultimate goal. It is not about good or evil, black or white, but rather about fighting for your ultimate goal to the death." Malachi realized his stance became weak and re-strengthened it. He would have to attack soon if he wanted a chance to live.

From within her multi-coloured cell, Alenah could do nothing but hang there in iron chains, until an endless cycle of rape, torture and old age would send her into the mercy of death's hands. But the bird called fate shed another feather for Alenah. As she hung there, wondering who might pursue her course, break her cage. The footsteps of the stranger grew louder; there was only one of them. The tainted breeze of bloodshed reeked from the air of the outer walls as it came pouring in; filling her cell with stench, the perpetrator swiftly making his way toward her. Who was it? Was someone here to kill her? At last she might be free.</SPAN>

As the intruder revealed himself, the man looked upon Alenah with shaded vision. He was powerful to break through the cell walls and be fine. She could not see his eyes, only his figure wrapped in black clothing with dark spiked hair that seemed to fade with length and an arm that had a dark aura emanating from hit, the level of power coming from him was off the charts but at the same time, dark. The man's skin was pale, his stance ready for incoming danger and gun ready to fire at her. It would not be hard to kill her; a bullet straight to the head would do it. Finally she might be released from this dull world, but before her ambition became true, the man spoke "So...what are you?"
</SPAN>

The question surprised Alenah, a drained look appeared across her features as she looked upon the man with weary eyes.
"Hu-" it'd been so long since Alenah had needed to talk or had anybody speak to her, she forgot speech, words for they were taken from her, along with her freedom. "Human." She finally managed. </SPAN>

It was a simple question and a simple yet obvious answer. What was this man her for if not to kill her, rape her?
</SPAN>​

With her arms wrapped in armour and some connected wires, Orphelia walked to what she called her 'death'. She was for the first time in ages nervous about what was going to happen, ever since she got that one phone call.
"You will have to do this one for me, Orph." the voice spoke.
"Are you crazy? I am fucking toast there in that place!" Orphelia shouted in the device. She looked angry at it, as if the person at the other side of the line could actually see her. But since she didn't like people watching her, she never used the video conference function, even though her phone had an amazing camcorder on it. Homemade. Of course it was.
"I heard the newsflashes and updates all over the place and this is one nasty pile of shit right now."
"Just one, Orph. Please. We are not doing well right now and we need the money."
OK. That was right. Money. The last days Orphelia survived on dry biscuits and dirty water. Even her electricity and internet connection were cut off. But well, Orphelia wasn't Orphelia if she couldn't fix those two problems.
But money...would be really helpful right now.
"Send me the exact location, maps and everything else every known about that place."
"No problem."
"Thanks."
"You're an angel."
"Fuck off."

And there she walked. Usually it was easy for Orphelia to kick some demon ass, but everything would be all arranged and fixed. She would know the future victim and what to do with it. The only thing she knew now was that it was one big chaotic battlefield. Death around every corner. When she could see the prison from a distance, she already saw the smoke coming out of the building. Explosions every few seconds. Bricks falling down. People screaming, fighting, running.
She sighed and looked at her new set of gloves.
"Here we go Orph. At least we can run away fast enough, won't we." she mumbled to herself. She moved her feet and saw how her enhanced lower armour directly reacted. And then...she ran towards the big building, trying not to think of what she might experience there.

The silent man, Gabriel, was atop a plain, unsuspecting building several miles from the actual battle. He was late, of course, but doing Niera's bidding none the less. He slowly slid a chrome cylinder from one of the many small pouches on his belt. He held it in his palm and it slowly grew, as if by magic, in his hand. Once it had become about three and a half feet long, there were small clicking and whirring sounds as it became his trusty rifle. He held it over the edge of the concrete roof, a bipod extending just before the edge of the barrel.

From his spot he stared toward the building and waited, unfazed by the general peace and calm for several minutes. By the time the first shots had been fired and the first explosions heard, it had been almost an hour. He continued to take in the battle as it occured and watched the soldiers of the Church, those ants, swarming that pit known as Blackreach. How baddly he wished he could sit there and tick them off one by one, but Niera had not asked him to do that, and would be displeased with him. So, he sat there and watched as the tedious battling took place. It was all very boring to him, no one to kill and such...

There was a loud shockwave, and a spear of bright light that ripped through the air. It had come from a building rather far away from Gabriel's current location, and he had to look down the scope of his rifel for some time to locate it. When he found it, he enhanced the zoom and carefully observed. There was, what appeared to be by his knowledge, some sort of railgun or weapon of that type. He saw a man doing something to it, though from his distance, despite the zoom of his rifle, was impossible to tell exactly what was being done. After observing for a few minutes, he watched as the man flew toward the Blackreach at incredible speed. He opened up a direct link to his only superior at the time, who he reported directly to. 'Your claw is calling, Commander Niera.' His slow talking, low, gravely voice began directly in her mind. It was a telepathic link directly between him and her. There was no sound. 'How are those codes doing?'

Tekoa moved to the device as soon as he was finished giving away some of his energy. His fingers danced across it like he was familiar with it. He began to think of the different ways to get the lasers down. He doubted the people who made the system was stupid so he began to familiarize himself with the system that Niera created. It was great system from what he was experienced with. He kept typing and then stopped for a moment. He was getting nowhere and he had a program on his datapad that could help. He grabbed the cord and found a usable port and plugged it in. Sending the program to the device, Tekoa was half-tempted to copy the code of the Niera's system in order to get a better look at it and modify it for his own use.

As soon as the upload was complete, Tekoa unhooked the device from his illegally modified datapad and started the program. It was a guide for him to figure out the pass code. It would give him the length of the pass code and a few of the letters in the right spot. Once again, Tekoa's fingers flew over the device as he tried different combinations of codes. He was making progress now but it was slow. Even better thing about the guide, it would tell him when got a letter or number in the wrong spot or if it was in the right spot.

The sound of the alarm from the prison was blaring. A male figure was sleeping under a worn out raincoat. He slowly began to stir as the sound of the alarm reached into his dreams. He yawned as he looked around and noticed Black Marsh. It was apparent that there was a fight going on. That brought a smile to his lips. Some of his kin will be escaping from the prison. It was hard to tell because of the form the man was in but he was not human. He was a demon, specifically a wolf demon. Ever since the church came to power, his kind was treated with disdain and hate. The wolf demon began to stand up and smiled.

He was pretty sure this was the Legions doing. That was a gutsy move on their part but it would probably increase their numbers. It was rare for prisoners to be released and even then, they were outcasts because it meant they pledged to the church and what they believed. He began to walk off since the chaos at the prison meant that church soldiers would be mostly centralized around the prison in hopes of capturing Legion or prisoners. There would be a lot of pickings. Let's go, Blaise. Time to have some fun, he thought to himself as he walked over to a manhole. He pulled off the cover then climbed down, pulling the cover over him as he went.

Taiken takes note of the peculiar wings on the woman's back. She claimed to be human, and the wings could be cybernetic implants... but they were unlike any he had seen before, and he made cybernetics all the time. No, something about her wasn't quite human. Sure she looked like a human... a rather beautiful one at that, but something was off. Taiken had a knack for these things, and he learned to trust his gut when in doubt.

"Human huh? So then what's with the wings? And why are my scanners showing you as being 3 different beings? Humans don't just come up as anomalies like that."

He was fast to boast and feel cocky, a usual affect of his personality but it got the better of him. Leo let himself be forced into a car by his first full-blooded demon, truely she had more powers than just looking sexy. His silver hair hung over his eyes, his ody laying in the dent of the car like sitting on a throne of pain. The translucent blue light faded from his demon arm as he felt his body begin to recover. She laid down a devestating hit, but Leo wasn't the left hand of the Legion for nothing. A small almost unheard chuckle strode up from his neck, slipping from his lips as he slowly raised himself from the debris. Leo shrugged his shoulders and twisted his neck around, hearing a crack here and there from time to time.

"Is that all you got?" he boasted again, slightly stabbing his sword in the ground and twisting it to tease her. If his flare for a fight wasn't up and ready before, he was blazing with it now. She was quick, effective, and sure to bring you down if you don't focus. Leo had been waiting for a fight like this since the last strong opponent he fought, and they were bunch of cave trolls. Most would suggest a half-demon to drop everything and retreat, but Leo didn't listen to most other ther than Niera. Leo pulled his sword from the floor between them and smiled as she tuanted him to come, begging for him to make a move to get started! Their hunger for war knew no bounds, maybe he'll be enough to tame her?

Leo grinned and dashed forward to her, not waiting for a reaction he made his sword meet her Scyth and applied force to push her back a bit. Gripping his hilt with both hands, he jerked it to the upper right to make her stagger, then jerked his body forward and summoned an ethereal replica of his right arm. He balled it into a fist and for whatever opening he had, he jabbed forward and aimed directy for her stomach. Seconds after being deployed he felt an impact and hoped it was his opponent, but hoped it wasn't as well. He didn't want the fun to end just yet.

Dyne examined the scan of the prison again, and noticed that only one person had gone to the location he had ordered everyone to go. Not only was there only one person there from his forces, but that one person had also engaged the enemy head on WITHOUT reinforcements, which is exactly what he had told them NOT to do. Upon realizing this, Dyne opened the communications again, and yelled into his headset.

"GOD DAMN IT, I TOLD EVERY AVAILABLE PERSON WITHOUT AN ESSENTIAL DUTY TO GET TO GOD DAMN CELL BLOCK E! I ONLY SEE ONE FUCKING PERSON THERE, AND HE'S ABOUT TO GET HIS ASS KICKED. GET. TO. FUCKING. CELL. BLOCK. E. NOW!! NOT WHEN YOU FUCKING FEEL LIKE IT, FUCKING NOW!!!"

Dyne cut the communication and slammed his hands down on the console. After a few moments of fuming, he turned and stormed out of the room, making his way to the elevator in order to reach the roof of the building. Once there, he would board a dropship and head to the prison himself. He had had enough of this.

Titus had really gotten himself into a situation. He not only had one, but three adversaries to face. Worst of all, he was hit with a dark blast that seemed to rip through his clothes and damaging his skin in the process. His gripped his staff so tightly, that his veins popped up and showed a bit. If he moved and attacked her, the demons that stood beside her would strike again. Titus needed a plan, one that he could use to keep him safe, but also give him some more time to gather himself. He began to think for the moment then it hit him. He took a deep breathe and relaxed the tension his body felt. He knew that it was risky, but he had to try. There were two and he felt that if he could slow one for the moment, his chances would increase. His body began to shake a bit and he tried to shake off the feeling. For now, it went away.

Phelos ruffled its feathers and Titus whispers to him lowly, "Go and get help Phelos, we must not allow those demons to escape if we must." Phelos yelled out, and then began to fly away from them and towards the door in which they had entered. Titus looked at him for a moment in time, before setting his attention back on his two adversaries. He lowered his eyes, slowly holding his staff above his head. The sharp pain he felt had filled his body again and he grunted but tried his best to maintain focus. Titus had no time to think of any other option except to cast one of his spells towards Niera's sidekick. It would only last but a minute, but it would buy him some time at least.

Titus focused his attention on the demon beside her and began chanting his spell, "By the darkness of the hour, I seek to awaken thy power that rest. Sleeping endlessly in a quit slumber. Awaken now and grant thy power to me! CHAINS OF LIGHT!!!!!" Strands of light began forming above his head and he closed his eyes for a moment. When the spell was completed, he opened his eyes and lowered his staff at his right side. The strands of light slowly began to form into bands of light, ones in which they began to spin in various directions around his staff. Titus glared at the demon next to Nieara and charged towards him, making sure to keep his side vision on Nieara in case she attacked. Titus stopped in mid-step when he realized that he was surrounded. He lowered his staff and closed his eyes. The pain in his body pulsated in his body once more. He dropped his knees and breathed heavy, as the base of his staff hit the solid floor with a clank. He was now at their mercy, unable to move. "D-damn..."

Serith jumped slightly at the explosion, looking around to see where it had come from. Her attention shifted back to the man as something seemed to come over him, his one hand went to his head as the other opened its palm. She felt a little tense now, seeing the pentagram form on his hand. She wasn't sure what he was doing, and hopefully he wasn't going to attack her. She watched, interested, as a katana appeared before her, forming from the pentagram. Her eyes went back to him as he spoke once again, nodding to his words.

She felt uneasy...not around him, but in the prison. She could feel sinister work flowing through the air, tainted with screams and cries of war. She hated it. She looked back at him when he spoke, apologizing for not being able to help, she nodded.

"I understand." she said, shifting her weight from one foot to the other, keeping an eye out for unwanted visitors. "Men who do not accept help are fools in my mind. They have too much pride they think they are saints, when really they could succumb to the taint of malice as easy as they think they are fighting for justice." looking down on the men that had been injured, she gave a sigh, "I understand, sir, but may I be able to know your name?" she asked, holding out a hand in a temporary truce, "My name is Serith, the High Healer of the Church, and recently one of their Warriors...much to my dismay of course."

She kept her hand held out until he may have shook it, but looked up as another announcement came across the prison, demanding that they all report to Cell Block E. Having forgotten previously that she was now one of his Angel Warriors, she frowned, looking to the men that lay unconscious and furrowing her eyes. It seems like she may not be able to get them to safety.

"It seems I need to report to that Cell Block." she said to herself, "I hope to see you again, maybe then I can have a true answer as to who you stand for." she said to him with a small smile, bowing her head to him before stretching her wings and giving them a few flaps before lifting herself off the ground and making her way to Cell Block E.

She hoped he would choose the side of justice.

"GOD DAMN IT, I TOLD EVERY AVAILABLE PERSON WITHOUT AN ESSENTIAL DUTY TO GET TO GOD DAMN CELL BLOCK E! I ONLY SEE ONE FUCKING PERSON THERE, AND HE'S ABOUT TO GET HIS ASS KICKED. GET. TO. FUCKING. CELL. BLOCK. E. NOW!! NOT WHEN YOU FUCKING FEEL LIKE IT, FUCKING NOW!!!"

Axel winced, moving the comm unit out of his ear. Good grief. Dayne wailed like a banshee.

"Alright, already," he muttered, brows furrowed. The demons in the cells laughed and jeered.

"You really think you can stop the legion?" one of them sneered.

"No," Axel answered smoothly, removing his cap and releasing his lengthy white hair. Not seeing him without his hat before, the demons watched as the hair cascaded down his back in a decidedly pure fashion. At least before it twined itself together into a large white twist.

The white haired demon guard pulled on a pair of black gloves, flexing his fingers. "I just think I can actually do what I came here to."

Without notice, the end of the hair shot downward, extending so suddenly that the pressure drilled into the concrete ground. It retracted, bringing up a slab of the floor and they heaved it toward the blocked exit. He recalled his hair into a pliant, unassuming braid, and patted down the top.

Appearance was everything, after all.

Axel spared them all a glance and a gleeful grin. "Toodles," he said, throwing himself backward into the dark abyss and the cell blocks below.

Jace yanked his axe out of yet another decimated body. Most of the cell block had been torn apart, really. The lights were hanging down and flickering, the ventilation units were smashed in and the walls weren't really walls anymore. The gray eyed night elf replaced the axe onto his back, its twin having been unused thus far. He'd been plowing through and yet no sight of Axel. His main reason for even tagging along was the hope of finding the idiot and give him a sweet one over the head. If he couldn't find him, then break the place down until he did.

Heavy boots hardly made a sound over the ruckus going on all around Blackmarch. But something made him pause. There was something going on above, and coming closer. As if it were barreling its way to hell. The boom of something collapsing came closer and suddenly the floor beside him gaped wide, as if waiting on something. Without warning the ceiling broke through and something white shot through both openings, a wild, "YAHOO!" echoing into the darkness.

It sounded a bit too familiar. His body moved instantly, following the white dart into the depths of the prison; if he was right, then he had to move quickly before the floors closed up once more. He followed the path of the white bullet, watching as the white blur seemed to move in more than the one direction it was headed into. Putting his gift of perception to use, he looked a bit closer. The man --or he assumed it was -- wore the uniform of a prison guard.

Odd. Neither of the prison guards had this kind of ability. It was either arms or something electric. This person must be a higher up who'd been called to join in on the battle. Maybe after half a round he could beat some information out of him.

They had passed through ceilings and floors with reckless abandon -- at least until the person twisted and looked back at him.

Axel hadn't felt the presence at his back until he'd gotten to the lip of Cell Block C. At first when he was propelling himself toward the E Block, he had felt a bit excited that he finally had something to do worth his time. Then somewhere along the way, he felt absolutely devilish. Only if another night elf was present could one feel something like that. But this feelingwas more than devilish. It felt free; fun; it felt like nothing could stop him.

Jace.

No way. It really couldn't be. If anything, Jace should have been gone from the country by now.

Axel twisted mid-motion and looked back. Familiar red eyes glared back at him.

Shit, he thought, quickly covering part of his face with a few locks of hair. He couldn't afford to be seen. Not yet.

But he knew Jace. He never cared much for factions or gangs. Why would he join Legion?

Oh, what the hell, Axel thought with a grimace. He increased momentum, twisting his body hard enough to go faster. Just before he passed through another hole opened by his natural demonic ability to control earth elements, he flung his right hand backward to shut the ceiling just before the other could get to it.

Darkness metal met his vision as the D Block's floor mended itself and the lip of the E Block shut also.

That was too close for comfort.

Jace flipped quickly, landing on his feet before he landed face-first into the hard floor. He knew that ability anywhere. It was a night elf. Only they were capable of such easy elemental manipulation and channeling -- at least as far as he knew. Why would a Night Elf join the Church? As many of the demons he'd seen, there were only two others like him and neither were Axel, much to his ire. But no matter how many demons were masked as guards, not one was another night elf. Like other elves, they would never give themselves over.

So just who was that traitor?

Jace, in a fit of rage, slammed a fiery fist into the ground, leaving only a scorch mark. Trying to burn through concrete and metal took way too much time. Metal alone, he can do.

Looking around, Jace spotted the mangled exit and set to work.

Axel tore open yet another ceiling and then another floor. Looking through the second opening he spotted someone from the Church, surrounded by demons. Crap.

Stretching out another hand, he balled a fist. The floor around the Church operative came up and surrounded him. And without wasting much time, Axel flipped to turn upright, landing on top of the concrete mound, sitting Indian style.

"Whew," he said dramatically, pretending to wipe the sweat off his brow. "That was almost too close."

He looked around. "Damn, man," he said, patting the dome he sat on. "You sure know how to pick 'em... Three against one. I'll be damned."

He smiled wide,his green eyes aglow with a red hue.

A wave of curiosity washed over Alenah as she heard the man mention she was three being, he knew, but how? There was more to this man than meet the eye "come up as anomalies like that." This man had a tracker.

A sigh escaped her lips, she might as well explain. With a deep breath, Alenah closed her eyes to try and recall suppressed events of her childhood "These wings are a result of my father's work. As a child…my family hated me. Love…that thing so many people speak so fond of… I have no quarter for it. As a child my father used me, raped me, hurt me and used me in experiments. He was set on making his pathetic daughter something better, magnificent. Pathetic I was not, but my family hated me. My mother, my brother my sisters… for what I could do, my brilliance, what I could become. They feared me and so they hated me. My brother attempted poisoning me once, to no avail though. I thought he was being nice to me, but when I gave the drink he got me to one of my friends. They had a sip and by the time I got back from the rest room. My friend was dead in front of me…of course my brother blamed me. But I was too young to be put into prison and so the left me… My mother hated me, for I was my father's obsession. She attempted to kill me god knows how many times. My sister had nothing to do with our family she could only watch and look upon my suffering with sad eyes, she was pathetic really… But one day during one of my father's experiments after having his way with me, he did this experiment on me and in the process almost succeeded in killing me. I knew I was going to die…But I refused, with the realisation that nobody loved me. I had hoped for revenge and so it drove me. An angel and Demon came to collect my soul as I began to release from my body; but to no avail, in my fury I dragged their souls back into my body. They are what have been keeping me alive, I have that to thank them for…but else they're a nuisance. When I awoke I went on a rampage, I killed my family; the only one who remained was my sister. I don't know what has become of her now. My sister reported me to the church and so, Dyne took me here. Despite my humanity, despite my explanation, he took no heed. I was nothing more than a monster to him and so he condemned me to this dark prison. To eat one meal every three days, the guards free to do with me what they will. Is that enough for you stranger… Is there anything else you would like to rip from my thoughts while I hang here at your mercy?" her tone was bitter as she spoke to him. A cold look in her eyes as she looked upon his shaded face.

Taiken remained silent as he listened to the woman's story. His eyes remained hidden behind the dark tint of his sun glasses, hiding whatever kind of emotions he might be feeling at the moment. His face remained expressionless, even as he paused for a short time after she was finished speaking. He then gave a soft sigh, and spoke in a low tone.

"Well I didn't expect to hear your entire life story... But I suppose that's what I get for asking that question."

He paused again, just standing there and looking at her, examining her face more than anything. He was good at pointing out a liar, but this person had little reason to lie. It was an interesting story, to say the least. As far fetched as it was, somehow he believed it. After all, it wasn't the first strange tale he had heard in his life, and it surely wouldn't be the last. But now came the moment where he had to make a decision. He knew that time was short here, and that his decision had to be quick.

He could just leave her there, and forget about what she had told him. Turn a blind eye, and let her fate be determined by another's hand.

Or he could set her free. Release her from the prison that he wasn't even sure she deserved, but for all he knew, she might. Maybe she was truly more dangerous than she seemed to think she was. Maybe her imprisonment was for the best. For the good of mankind....

He slowly raised his pistol to the woman's forehead, aimed the end of the barrel right at the center of it. Another option, was to kill her... If she was truly that dangerous, then the best option would be to put her down. If he left her there, then the Legion might get to her, and try to use her for whatever they needed. That would put countless human lives at risk. Lives that he would be saving if he just pulled the trigger right now.

Taiken stared into her eyes through his tinted lenses. He could see it in her eyes... She wanted him to do it. She wanted him to end it for her. And for the first time in his career as a Hunter, he hesitated. For a few moments, he froze there, channeling the possibilities through his head, trying to come up with the answer to this problem he was faced with. But he knew that he just simply didn't have time for that... and so he reacted on impulse instead.

With a quick movement, he pulled the gun to her chains, and began shooting them out, breaking their hold on her. He had chosen to spare her, and release her from this place. After it was done,he silently cursed himself for it. His head was telling him that he was making a grave mistake by not killing her, but he did it anyways. He would probably pay for it in the end... but for whatever reason, he was willing to take that risk.

"We're getting out of here. Stay close, and trust no one but me. This place is being overrun by all kinds of evil, so be prepared."

Violet eyes peered down the hall of Cell Block E at just the right angle to catch sight of what had caught the attention of all the other maximum security prisoners. Cobier had watched with silence from his cell as the young man possessing a strange device freed Alenah from her chains. All the while in the background other creatures had either taunted him or begged him. But this person who was certainly not one of the guards, chose to take pity on the woman who was three different beings in one.

Every word of her life story rang in his ears thanks to his heightened senses.

Not a single twinge of sympathy occurred in his black heart for all that she had suffered in her life. Gunshots that set her free punctuated his train of thought as he tried to deduce who she was despite not having the luxury of a cell directly across from hers. For every thought he had a cacophony of buzzing voices echoed in his mind and drove him onward even in the face of searing sorrow. Never in his life had they ever given him peace from their relentless nagging and egging on toward murder. Deep down among those plagued thoughts he knew this might have just turned into his only solid chance for escape from the bowels of Blackmarch.

Only one chance for this to work. . . be desperate little jail breakers.
Desperate to enough to live that so that you can kill again.

I need the buzzing to stop. . .
Why do you want it to stop?

These buzzing, echoing voices in my head, only the killing makes it stop.
KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL! KILL!

The violence. . .
So MUCH violence!

The blood. . .
Paint the WALLS with it!!

The DEATH.
When their souls become YOURS!!!

Their release is all that ever releases me.
But death is never TRUE peace.

I must kill or I might go mad. . . I must kill again. . . you must kill again. . . I must kill again. . . you must kill again. . . I must kill again. . . you must kill again. . . I must kill again. . .

All these thoughts swarmed around his brain at a dizzying pace while the stoic youth sat with the sullen posture of a lost soul. Not a single bit of the chaos within spilled onto the outside as his messy chocolate brown hair framed the pale skin of his face. Every step that Taiken took toward the exit was a step nearer to the cell holding this yellow jump-suited inmate of the prison. Just one of many who were never meant to gain the trust of anyone. Yet the odds were stacked against this pair trying to escape. Security still had not fallen completely across the prison. Lasers still kept the path to cell block E in lockdown. Nothing in the prison would stop the lone hunter and his companion from getting overwhelmed by one side or another once both realized he did not share their plans.

"Free me. From what I can hear through these walls there are more demons and church lackeys out there than you could possibly handle. If you plan on escaping in one piece you cannot hope to win while carrying her weakened body. Both sides will want her for their own reasons, but not yours."

Cobier stared at them through the small glass viewing window of what appeared to be an iron blastdoor which keeping him confined. Why did he not try to escape on his own? Had his years of confinement made him weak? Or did he know something about the cell that was supposed to be the church's version of hell for him? Not once did his intense violet eyes leave them once they came directily into his gaze that stung at one's very soul. If his initial plea caught their attention he would continue at a quickened pace with his voice that while calm idly taunted them with what he felt were undeniable facts about their current plight.

"Preventing the escape of a Cell Block E class prisoner will always take highest priority among prison security. Someone worthy of getting locked away in this part of the prison is always of extreme value to the Legion. Your companion comes with that dual price on her head. Free me and make a contract. My price is the souls of those who I kill while helping you escape this shithole. Nothing more. I will murder and assassinate for you loyally all the way to the front gates of this place. I cannot break a contract. Just disable the locks and open the door. My side is covered in magic runes and wards from holy scriptures that prevent me from escaping."

Cobier paused for a few moments before adding a tempting point.

"You've already freed one prisoner. . . could one more really hurt?"

Avanion listened to her words in silence as he began to formulate his own plan for action. During his chat his mind had been wandering the halls of the prison and invading the minds of others in order to get a better understanding of the situation. During this time he had felt the minds of many people both legion and church affiliated and it was during this time that he had come to his own conclusion. Both sides were utterly ridiculous for the actions they had caused. Both were equally as right and wrong as the other. Yet he had a motive and an idea. He would pick a side, if only for his own bias opinions.

Nodding at her request he spoke aloud: "My name is Avanion, you man call me Ian for short... However I've grown to like you during our short conversation together. Unfortunately... I believe I know the path i have to take now. I pray for your success on the battlefield. Just so you know i don't think fighting suits you to much. I would be much obliged if you were to stay out of this battle. If not i'll understand." He finished his statement with a friendly yet coy statement. Hoping that in the future he would not have to bare his fangs at her.

As he spoke he started to pool mana and ki. His aura quickly filled the area around him and make it almost suffocating. The small rocks and dust shattered and evaporated under the pressure and it only grew. More and more did his power grow until the heart within his chest stirred and began to beat at regular intervals. This heart that was his but not his.

Avanion brought his blade up to eye level and set his right hand on the hilt. Inside the back of his mind he could already hear it's call "Do you require my aid?" He replied inside his mind"Not now but very soon, i'll call upon your name when i need it old friend."

"Heh, I'm sure you know who he is," I growled at her, my eyes widening a fraction as I acknowledged the fireball in her hand. I staggered, quickly regaining my balance right when the fireball went flying elsewhere entirely. My eyes were narrowed and a smirk curled up the corners of my mouth when that bitch continued to feign innocence, all the while casually asking about my dealings with the Devil himself.

"Pretty good hospitality ... Steep prices, though, for the services of him and his Princes," I replied in the same casual, offhanded manner before I raised my shotgun once again and I fired a blind shot - If I was lucky it'd hit her, but I was meaning for it to distract her while I drew one more ballistic knife and I took quick aim before letting it fly out towards her.