Black & White

Now out of sight and ear shot of the remainder of the Legion, Cidonis began his work. Doing things on his own meant no one else would get in his way and the more remote location gave him time to execute Niera's orders with as little resistance as possible. There would surely be opposition, that he did not doubt for a second. It was only natural that the majority of the Church's more stalwart defenders would go after he main horde.

He would need a way into the prison. He had been briefed before the mission on signs to look for. Structural weaknesses, things like cracks in the concrete that had gone un-repaired or drainage grates. Anything weaker than solid floor would be preferable. Cidonis quickly spotted a manhole. It wouldn't lead him to the inner walls of the prison but that could be sorted out later. He had his entrance to the surface at least. The sound of the prison siren was already blaring, ensuring whatever would be waiting for him up there was going to be on alert. That was just fine with him. Striking down an unprepared man just didn't have the same feel to it.

Holding out his right hand with each finger bent slightly as though he was holding a ball, Cidonis began gathering energy. It built up in the palm of his hand and developed a radiant glow. With energy he deemed sufficient, he extended his arm towards the manhole, fingers outstretched. A quick blast of flame shot out of his hand, blasting the metal cover clear off the street. The commotion caught the attention of a few men who had been on their way to the nearest church. They gathered around the hole in the road that was only moments ago covered up, smoke rising out of the newly exposed entrance. "What the hell was that?" one of them asked the other.

"Isn't it obvious? It's foul demon magic! They're targeting all of Black March!"

Cidonis then erupted to the surface from below the streets, having jumped clear through the hole with the help of his powerful wings.

"An angel?" the voice belonged to the man who had spoken first. "Oh, thank the heavens! I was scared shitless at the idea of having to fight a demon out here on our own!"

Cidonis set his stern eyes upon them. "The heavens? No... I am no savior to you." he spoke, bringing his right arm back up to face the nearest of the four men. In a flash, a ball of flame hit the man square in the chest and reduced him to nothing but a smoldering heap of burnt flesh.

"What the hell?!"

"Oh fuck! This angel is one of the Legion... a Fallen!"

Cidonis was quickly upon the remaining three. With a swift kick to the side of the knee, breaking the bone, the center guard went down with a yelp of pain. He would be out of his misery soon enough. The remaining two brandished their weapons. One had an electrified mace, one of the more recent scientific advancements of the human race. Cidonis had never needed to rely on their technology, as impressive as it was. The other pulled a pistol from it's holster, a strange blue light ran along the sides of the barrel and it made a distinct charging sound. He knew who was next.

Not giving him the chance to fire, Cidonis charged the man and grabbed him by the wrist. Pulling him arm skyward, he caused the man to discharge heated plasma up and away from himself before delivering a solid blow to the gut with his knee. The fourth man and only one that still posed any sort of threat came running to his pal's aid, mace held over his head in both hands. Cidonis let go of the third guard's wrist, which he immediately clutched and pulled against his chest in pain. As the one with the electric mace drew closer, Cidonis's wings changed from black to a shiny silver color. The individual feathers had become as sharp as razors and harder than even steel, making them a deadly weapon or a useful impromptu shield. Tucking his head down and stretching out his wings, Cidonis twirled in place and when he again faced the man, he lay motionless on the ground. His head and arms from the elbow and up were cut clean off in one swipe, making Cidonis's silvery metalic wings splattered with blood. The man who had held his gun only moments before stood, dumbfounded and horrified at the sight of his fellows being laid to waste. Cidonis grabbed him by the face, the man screamed in pain and when he pulled his hand away, the seared mark of his hand was branded into his flesh.

Done with the others, he then went over to the guard whose knee he had broken earlier. He was still holding his broken leg, panting and cringing in pain. Cidonis planted a boot onto his chest and looked down into the man's eyes. "Any last words?"

"Damn you to Hell!" he grunted out. This would be his last act of defiance.

"So be it." With unwavering eyes, he again held his hand out towards the man's face. The guard looked up at him with a scowl before his flesh was burned from his bones. ​"You showed true conviction. Admirable, but in the end futile."

With the welcoming party taken care of, it was time to release some prisoners. Cidonis left the bodies behind and followed the sounds of chaos to Black March.

Talos had been thinking of what to do. He had followed orders in cooperation from the church. Yet they sent him away, giving him a pardon for his service. Instead of prison, he was exiled. This enraged the seraphim. He could not stand for the church, even if wanted to be in gods good grace after he terrorized the city. But now, he will let his inner demon out.

Talos, being a greater demon, was able to walk into the church. Of coarse the local priest was only human and unsuspecting of his true self. He stepped into the confession stand. "Forgive me father, for I have sinned. And I doubt I'll ever be in God's good grace."

"Tell me son, why do you feel that God will not not forgive you? God says repent of your sins and you will be forgiven."

"So father, repenting of killing a Catholic Priest will remove me of my sins?" Talos said, giving an evil grin.

"W-what do you ...." he said before Talos changed his hand into a sharp blade, stabbing the priest in the heart. "Please forgive me father. But it is the church that has brought me to this."

Now, time to see how the Breakout is going. He thought to himself, flying in the direction of blackmarch prison.

Malachi could not, for the life of him, find any commanding officer. This place was just chaos. Demons were running out everywhere. The Church and the Legion were fighting on even ground, with no one giving and inch. Malachi concluded that he must give up his search and begin defending. Malachi drew his wakazashi and began to strike what demons he could hit, whether it killed them or not he did not care. He fought his way into the prison.

Malachi made his way through the twists and turns of the halls of the prison. He had taken down what demons he could but had not found any nameable legion member. Finally he came across an assailant destroying the souls of a few guards. "Any last words?" Malachi heard the attacker say. The poor guard was brave until the end, but that was just it; it was his end. The attacker turned and made his way through the prison. Malachi drew his tanto into his opposite hand and followed the other man down the dark hall ways . "Hey! YOu dare declare war against the Church? You will answer for you crimes, demon." Malachi yelled readying himself for battle.

Axel yawned, a white ear bud stuck into his right year as he patrolled the cell block. Block A wasn't much fun. He got tired of the taunts sent his way from the prisoners. They weren't even original anymore. "Pretty Boy; Sugar Lips; Sweet Cheeks--," and they weren't the ones on his face, either. "--Tight Ass; Punk Bitch; Princess --," Yes, 'Princess.'

The demons in the Blackmarch never respected him because he was one of the 'pansy-ass' demons who went down without a fight. All because he accepted the surgeries and the mark of the church. The brand had been placed on him before he even came in as a prisoner. It was large and round, the cross, emblazoned in black over the length and breadth of his back. The surgery was a small price to pay if he wanted exact freedom.

Axel heaved a sigh as another wolf-whistle caught his pointed ear. Ah, the curse of having a baby face and a light tenor. For a place that prided themselves on honor and all things of nature, the church and their computerized scientific, cosmically cracked sense of justice was just...

It wasn't right.

Ever since he'd been held prisoner after the raid he'd noticed things. True enough, he was never a fan of the pope -- he never trusted priests, for that matter. Now the man's son added negative points to the scoreboard. The thought that the idiot captain even figured there was a way to use Axel for the church was just absurd. But in retrospect, it seemed to be the best thing Axel could ever do. He wanted out of the place with the freedom he deserved. Accepting the pardon made him want to purify his mouth with the whitest fire in existence. However, he had no place here.

Even as a prison guard.

Back to the noticeable things, he did admire the church's struggle for justice. However, their ways and means of its achievement was just...

Stupid.

To be honest, he couldn't care less about what they did. He just wanted out, and that was what Legion promised. He may not be able to go back home, but he'd be free. That's all he wanted.

Suddenly, the ground beneath his feet shifted and the fluorescent lights of the block flickered, some dying out before the others flared a glaring red. The prisoners began murmuring, cursing and some rejoicing.

They were under attack.

Dyne made his way into the command center at the top floor of the skyscraper. Once inside, he was met with a dark, somewhat noisy room filled with an array of computers, screens, and all manner of military planning equipment. A full team of personnel manned the room at all times, typing away at holographic keyboards and computer screen, keeping watch over everything. Once inside, Dyne walked over to the holo projector in the middle of the room, and began giving orders to the team.

"Bring up the prison."

A holographic image of the entire prison appeared, showing the entire 3D blueprint inside and out.

"I want full scans of all life forms inside the prison. Zoom in on Cell Block C."

The image changed to suit his orders. Cell Block C became the focus for the projection, and color coded images for all life forms inside began to show up. All of the prison guards were marked by a blue color, while all prisoners were marked by a red color. Anyone other than a registered guard or prisoner would show up as green, and there was plenty of green. After a few moments of studying the area, Dyne manually moved the projection through other parts of the prison. He noticed there were signs of life in the control room of the prison, but they were marked as green. That explained why his call with the Warden had been cut off. He continued to examine the scans as he opened a communication on the Universal Military channel, an encrypted channel that all active military personnel are connected to.

"All personnel, the situation has escalated. This is now a code 2 threat. Blackmarch prison is currently under direct attack from the inside by a currently unknown enemy. Motive unknown, but you are instructed to assume the worst possible outcome. All contracted Mercenaries are instructed to make their way into the prison and attempt to neutralize the situation. All infantry units are instructed to secure the perimeter of the prison grounds. Any unauthorized person attempting to flee from the prison are to be killed on sight. I want the Vanguard team to make their way into the sewer system, and work their way towards the invading force's point of entry under Cell Block C in order to ensure that route cannot be used again as a means of escape. All other personnel are instructed to take whatever means necessary in order to get this situation under control. We cannot afford to lose control of that prison."

Dyne ended his transmission, and kept watch over the situation from within the control room. He began formulating a plan, and would soon put into action.

Do demons feel pain when one of their own is hurt, or even killed?

Compassion was something a succubus found hard to understand. Lust was easy to comprehend. She depended on lust to keep herself alive and well. But compassion... Compassion is two faced.

The demoness's eyes were expressionless as she watched the body of a fellow demon thud onto the ground, a knife in his back side. The dust hardly settled onto the ground from the explosion, making breathing difficult in the area. Natasha was very well aware that a killer was here, waiting and biding their time. Should she be patient and wait for them to make the first attack? Or should she lash out and hope to cut flesh?

Calmly, deliberately, the demoness stared into the cloud of dust and with her free hand, she slowly lifted the fabric to reveal a naked thigh. She smiled enticingly, although the expression did not reach her eyes. Her fingers stroked lovingly at her blade's hilt and she spoke, quiet as ever, to her enemy.

"I prefer one on one. What say you? I'm sure you'd be up for a performance."​

Even as the demoness spoke to me those lil' fuckers were leerin' and lookin' at me. Don't they know manners? You don't fuckin' speak when a lady is. I raised my shotgun and I blasted away, not even bothering to aim with the huge crowd of demons there. There were loud howls of pain and body parts dropped down, all manners of appendages and I swore I saw a tentacle or two; what the fuck had they brought along with 'em? I could see the fuckers moving back visibly, clearly not about to leap at that single man who stared down their leader and had killed at least three of their own already.

Not even sure if crossing the bullets did work .. Damn!

There was a soft chuckle was the demoness tried to seduce me with her thigh - looked pre' sweet but I've seen better.

Had better.

I was a man cheated by the Enemy Himself out of Love - did she honestly think that a bit of seduction would work on me? I played along .. And I casually let my hand drift into a pocket, where I thumbed a signal that would let the soldiers know where I was; I needed more firepower if I wanted to take on this group here. I strolled forward casually, not even bothering to look at the demons above me, as I made eye contact with the demoness.

"Wouldn't dare to do that to a woman," I spoke gently, in a voice I usually used when I was 'bout to try and get a freebie from a hooker .. Or two. "Chivalry isn't dead, luv. Not for me."

And just then I drew the knife from my left sleeve into my right, pressing it against the flesh of her exposed thigh, right where the major vein was, and I grinned at her. I put one hand over hers, that was on her blade and I held it down there. "'Fraid I lied, darlin'. Never was the same after meetin' your boss."

If there was one disadvantage from being away from the main group, it would have to be getting lost in freaking Blackmarch prison! It certainly didn't help that the walls lacked any sort of indication on them (damn guards with eye cybernetics). The only thing that Ralmerez was sure about was that he was moving away from most of the fighting. That was for the best because, with his wooden pole, he would have been next to useless there.

Deciding to rely on dumb luck, the teen turned a corner and found himself in a cell block. Scratch that, a full cell block filled with all sorts of demons, either cursing at him, laughing, trying to get free or a multitude of the three. "Wow..." It was deafening, and he almost had to cover his hears. "Shut up already, will yah?" He muttered, looking around and seeing what could best be summed up as the head prisoner. He waved at the guy, seeing as there were no guards there, to come over. "Hey... These guy's don't shut up, do they?"

Axel's brows furrowed as a decidedly unfamiliar voice crawled over the top of the cacophony. Being on Block A for so long had him putting face to voice if not name to face. Turning around, he spotted the 'irregular' and raised a brow.

A kid? With a wooden pole.

He'd leave the wooden pole alone, for now.

Then again, he didn't look much like an adult himself. Axel took in a breath through his nose.

Demon. But the scent isn't as strong. A half-blood?

Security breach no less forgotten, he tread carefully. Two to one, this guy didn't get the brand of the church all demons got when accepting the pardon. Axel smirked.

"If they ever did, Legion would be nothing but fairies and unicorns," he cracked dryly. Not his best joke but he didn't get up everyday just to impress the public.

"Something tells me I would prefer faries and unicorns to this..." As soon as the head prisoner got close, a flury of taunts was released, though the taunts were mixed in with begs. 'Princess, let me out-' 'Hey, Sweet Cheeks! Come on man-' It seems that the demons, in their endless taunting, had actually forgotten his name and were used to calling him the harsh nicknames that they had been using for a doubtlessly long time.

As seconds passed, the taunt-begging did not decrease but got louder, the enclosed space and bad acoustics of the cell block causing the sounds to echo constantly. Ralmerez opened his mouth to talk but what ever he said was drownded by the constant noise. And the sheer loudness of the chaotic noise was pissing him off.

Turning towards the louder parts of the cellblock, he took in a breath and let out a yell that could have been heard in the stands of a stadium during the final game of the year. "Shut up!" The yell bounced off of the cell block walls and finally disipated after a few moments. The kid coughed, perhaps clearing his throat, before looking at Axel. "Ralmerez McTaverish. You interested in joining the Legion?" Well, that was a simple way of putting a life changing choice.

"Earning Session in progress.." Scythe cooed down to the black fluffy kitten she had harbored in her devilish arm,she watched as demons had run ramped, some of them even noticing her, the one that noticed her where coming for her life now,the recognized her as a traitor.The came up to her snarling and bellowing, venomous saliva dripping from some of their mouths."You filthy double crosser,we don't hope you think your safe! Cause your far from it!"One yelled,his slob reaching near her foot,'Ew...Lesser demons are...disgusting.'Scythe pondered as they launched at her, smoothly she dodged them, making them crash into the wall,"Quick hands.Closed mouth." She muttered pulling her Double Edged Scythe from behind her back,grinning she brought it around with a vertical slash,decapitating them with graceful ease.A small meow had reached her ears and caused her to sigh.She had heard the order for 'all' Mercenaries to get to the prison and eradicate the problem that grew with every second wasted.She wished she could shut the damn arm communicator device off.Not wanting her new found friend to get hurt she wrapped the kitten in her jacket and sat him near the door of the church.After that she yawned loudly and had started to make her way toward the Blachmarch.When she go there it looked like chaos and it made her almost purr in ecstasy.Watching someone flying above her for a moment she gathered from his aura he was not on her side, not that she particularly minded in a case like this. Her grin transformed into a slight smile, while her eyes glowed a brilliant gold.Pulling her arm back she force threw her scythe at the flying being, just barley missing.'Damn my aim is off.' She thought ,with a growl emitting from her throat.She watched her weapon come back down and clink across the cement,picking it up she tried again only this time aiming for one of the wings. "Come on down birdie!" She taunted loudly knowing he had to hear her there was no way anyone could have missed that high pitched yell."Let's ensue in a dance of the blades!" Her smile was as wide as a cut across a dead guards neck, her heart was racing faster than it should have been but that was normal fro her adrenalin to begin rushing with excitement.But for the moment she should have thought about the danger she was getting herself into. Though, when did she ever think about danger? No time to be thinking on a question like that.She lived for death,and death lived for her in some ways.

All Scythe Crow waited for was the kill, to get that feeling of fear, coursing through her veins and to be that animal backed into a dark corner.Only to push out with all her might and stand triumphed over her assailant. She did all the dangerous jobs just for a kick of thrill, and she was going to get what she desired.The chaos around her had wakened the sleeping demon with in and she craved blood shed in any way possible, even if it were her own.Even though that was less likely to happen by her own hands.Pupils had dilated and all she could hear was the beating of her hear pounding in her ears, the only thing that was on her mind at that moment,"Kill me, or be killed by me."

Talos had been thinking along the way when a double edged scythe flew past his face. It then went back past him in the same path. Returning to its master.Having recognised its presence, he felt it come back flying at him. He acted on instinct and dropped like a rock, changing the density of his arm to make him the weight of a boulder. He crashed into the ground, making a small crater in his wake. He turned around to face his pursuer. A female demon. Having the mark of the church, she is just like me. They haven't betrayed her yet. I wonder if I should tell her. "Why do you attack me, sister? If it is a fight you want, then you shall receive." He said, pulling out, what looks to be a useless bar the size of his palm. "Let us dance." He said, readying himself in a fight stance, left arm extended, right arm at his side. The bar in it glowed and extended to a magnificent scythe.
{Scythe : http://fc00.deviantart.net/fs39/i/2008/358/d/3/HK___The_Demon_Scythe_by_KandyKills.jpg }

"Sister...? I do not claim my kind. I attack you because you have become a problem to the church and...I must say, my earnings will be waiting for me." She grinned hoping on the balls of her feet with the Double Edged Scythe in her hand, she stood there blood lust in her eyes while she twirled her weapon in her hand like a baton.She watched him closely , a mew falling from her lips.In her current condition her heart rate was out of control money was becoming an irrelevant factor as he watched her prey stand before her with his own weapon drawn.
"Then dance we like noone has danced before!."She purred, she rushed at him swinging her scythe in front of her full force, her body seeming to shake from the cold but it was not the cold it was her excitement overwhelming her ,if she let loose now she would ruin her chances of staying on the Church's side.But she wasn't thinking too clearly about the facts.Irrational thoughts roamed through her head, but her actions were pure and clear spellings of her irrational thoughts.she brought her scythe back and struck again this time spilling out even more for that she probably should have.

In her luck she was a demon and had more stamina than a regular person, it was like she was on berserker mode or something close to it. Her face kept it's trademark grin, but her eyes glowed like a neon sign.
"Well Playmate,..Looks like I'm all riled up and ready for some real action.I'm wondering can you truly provide me with a good fight?" She hissed.

There was actually one, extremely rare, moment of silence from the prisoners. Axel, though, was amused. He wasn't sure what shocked the bastards most; the audacity of this kid or the fact that he'd asked the prison guard to join Legion.

The thunderous sound of combined demonic laughter filled the narrow hall.

"Have you caught stupid or something?" One of the older convicts snorted.

"He's a Branded," another drawled slowly, looking at the boy, Ralmerez, if Axel recalled correctly, as if he'd confessed he was a human born of a demon.

"He's the church's bitch, now," a third tossed in.

There was a chorus of jeers to follow, along with snickers and outright guffaws. Axel couldn't help but to softly chuckle along with them. They were right. He was their bitch and they did whatever they wished with him.

A crackle in his pointed ear alerted him to a message from the higher ups. He put a finger to the device to activate it.

"All personnel, the situation has escalated. This is now a code 2 threat. Blackmarch prison is currently under direct attack from the inside by a currently unknown enemy. Motive unknown, but you are instructed to assume the worst possible outcome. All contracted Mercenaries are instructed to make their way into the prison and attempt to neutralize the situation. All infantry units are instructed to secure the perimeter of the prison grounds. Any unauthorized person attempting to flee from the prison are to be killed on sight. I want the Vanguard team to make their way into the sewer system, and work their way towards the invading force's point of entry under Cell Block C in order to ensure that route cannot be used again as a means of escape. All other personnel are instructed to take whatever means necessary in order to get this situation under control. We cannot afford to lose control of that prison."

No shit, he thought morosely. Well, it seems like he actually had something to do.

"But the area's already secured," he grumbled. And it was, he was there, wasn't he?

Cybernetic armor, Jace decided, was actually kind of formidable. He walked forward and reached out to yank the blade of his axe out of the face of the idiot prison guard that thought he could take on a Night Elf. It was a myth that all elves were peaceful and in tune with love and unicorns and all that useless shit. Unicorns, where he was from, were nothing but murderers themselves. Those things may have been cute, but they were evil as sin.

Made for good stew.

The white haired demon proceeded through the hall. The officers came at him one by one, and with a slash at a time, they were cut down with nearly no effort. Grunts were nothing to him.

Kill it with fire, right?

The blades of the axes glowed with white hot heat, the steam the only thing telling of its combustible state. The blade took melting bites out of the cybernetic armors. Granted, it was a little more heat than he normally used in small jobs such as this one, but he wanted to save the good stuff for later. Besides, the Lady said she wanted the job done. He could always have fun further down the road when things got interesting and he could finally raise a little hell.

He had silently made his way across the city since he had arrived and the only place he had yet to visit was the church. He figured it would be alright to ignore that place since his demonic blood wasn't quite welcome there and he had no desire to become a 'crusader of justice.' Only just recently, when the fighting started, was his curiosity truly peaked with all the noises that flooded the area. He heard them all clear as day: the screaming, the metallic sound of metal, and the sound of death. Not only that but he could smell it, and the smell of iron filled and plagued his nose. Something had started and he had probably walked his way right into it.

Holding his chin in thought he took a wrong step and ended up falling downwards incredibly fast down a pipe, and not only that a horrid stench filled his nose. Although it wasn't as irritating as the blood it was still pretty bad.

"Fuck my life..." he said while falling. He had somehow stepped into a recently opened manhole that went straight down because gravity was very unforgiving of carelessness.

Well he knew better than to just fall. Not wanting to get injured he began to fill his body with strength and let the ki flow. It wasn't any form of demonic power, just raw trained physical energy that moved through his body. And as he hit the entrance of the sewer, which seemed to be more like a prison, he impacted the ground like a rock while landing on his feet. The muscles in his legs shuddered as they absorbed the impact of the fall which caused cracks to appear in the ground beneath him. He exhaled to release the excess ki and began to look to see where he was. He gathered he fell probably a few hundred feet or more.

Serith had killed a few prisoners who had attacked her, the feeling of the kill pulsed through her body. The taint seeping its way into her, she would need to do prayers after she was finished dealing with this. She looked around as the assault stopped where she was, her wings spread in attack form as she focused her eyes around her, trying to find where the fighting had started and where the provokers were.

She cautiously walked down the hall, making her way to the yelling and clashing of weapons. She peeked around a corner, seeing some prison guards on the ground, wheezing and coughing. She went over to them, kneeling as she looked them over. She gripped her scythe, beginning her prayer for them.

"Gods, hear my plea! Grant me the power of Grace to heal your Followers!" she prayed, closing her eyes as her Angelic Magic took hold of her weapon, turning it from a killer to a healer. She held her scythe up, pulling it back slightly before bringing it back down onto the wounded soldier, determined to make sure he didn't die. She kept her eyes open, making sure she didn't have any unexpected enemies come her way.

Talos purposefully allowed the demon to slash into his arm. It was his cybernetics arm, and when it tore into the metal, he quickly made it dense and form around the scythe. He threw his own into the air, and with the back of his free hand, he caressed the woman's face. "Such a waste. To choose the side of God when clearly you are on the opposing side." Stepping back, he had pulled the tip of the blade with him, and with an inhuman like grace, he land with the scythe in hand. "Now, shall we dance? I hate to waste such a good capable demon. But if we must, we shall." He said gently with a slight, respectful bow.

Ameretati stood at the window of her penthouse apartment located downtown not far from her corporations headquarters dressed in a simple tank top and sweat pants. The sounds of the city , the low hum of distant vehicles, sirens blaring, and the occasional car honking all wafted to her from the neon display in front of her. She had long since stopped living in the mansion she grew up in. She had plans at one point to sell it , but she just couldn't bring herself to get rid of all those memories.
The day had been like any other , she slept well into the afternoon , had awoken, watched the news and then went to train in her personal gym. Just another day passed by. She stared out at the city , swirling around the glass she held. The liquid in the glass wasn't nearly as exciting as it seemed. It was just a soda . Her new enhanced digestive system metabolized alcohol much more efficiently, which means she could longer get drunk without buying out a bar. She had tried to get drunk the first night after getting her new body. she ended up getting sick to the stomach and still didn't feel the slightest bit intoxicated. Every since she had giving up the ghost on one of humanity's and her own personally, biggest vices.
The night air was seemed electric for some reason. She was usually well dressed by now and hitting the town. She felt like she was waiting for something. She took a sip from her glass and sighed. She might just go to bed early tonight.
As she turned from the window , she began to walk toward her bed, sitting her glass down on her night stand. Just as she sat down on the side of the bed her phone rang. She looked toward her mobile phone which sat a few feet away on it's charger and concentrated her eyes on it. She then answered the phone using just her cybernetic implants. These were a little tough to get used to first. The voice of the caller was always transmitted directly into the ear, someone would have to have their head right next to hers to hear the conversation. The caller was also able to hear her as she spoke. As well as everything else in the room it seemed.
" Hello? I was getting ready for bed who is this?" She said yawning right afterwards seemigly to prove her point
" Tati, this is Ephis..."
Ameretati demeanor brightened a little bit hearing her father's old friends voice.
"Oh hey colonel , what are you calling me this later for?"
" There has been some kind of incident at the Blackmarch, being that the awareness was raised ot level 5 I would assume it involved some kind of attack. You might be interested and all , you know demon prison and all."
"oh?" She said standing back up, she had been having a dry spell lately ever since demons had been banished from the city. She was a little bored lately and the idea of getting into a fight again did sorta excite her. " Well , i might have to check that out , how long has it been going on?" she said , walked over to her dresser to start putting clothes on.
" Got the message about a half hour ago, me and my men are en route. There aren't very many details as of yet, looks they are trying to keep it hush hush. Just thought this would be relevant to your interests. I have to go i'll see you there if you decide to go boots on deck. Goodbye."
Ameretati said goodbye to the colonel and started to quickly throw on some of her clothes. Tight black pants and a black jacket that zipped up to her neck. She also threw on a pair of black combat boots before running down the hall to grab her combat kit. She didn't have enough time to get fully loaded out, but she made sure to grab her two scimitars as well her belt which had a few general items in it.

Now that she was suited up she ran to her rooftop observatory where she kept a few of her gliders . She slipped her arms in the straps and loaded up a map of the area on a palm pilot she kept in her belt. It didn't take long to locate the prison and orientated herself to it's direction . She back up to the edge of the building and took a deep breath. She then began to sprint towards the other side of the roof. She kick jumped off the ledge which sent her flying in the direction she wanted to go, her powerful artificial leg muscles sending her hurdling towards the prison. Luckily her apartment building was high enough to get her soaring. but low enough where she wouldn't be effected by any other sky traffic. When she felt herself beginning to descend she popped open the gilder and she began to fly. The night wasn't going to boring after all.

Avanion had meandered his way throughout what had seemed like a prison at the bottom of the sewers with little effort. He had concealed his presence well enough by suppressing his ki and his mana. However, there is only so much suppressing someone can do he still carried the scent of demonic energies however tame they may be. He had concluded that this was a prison for criminals, however, the only prisoners he had found thus far seemed to share a similar background with himself. They were all demons.

After avoiding a fight he made his way up to the surface through a set of tunnels and emerged at what appeared to be a church. Avanion thought to himself 'well at least it's not as smelly'. He brought his hands up together and upon doing so a set of deep blue flames erupted from his body, but they didn't burn anything nor did they give off heat. They moved around his body getting rid of the stench of sewer and death.

When he was finished he looked up, closed his eyes,and raised his hands into the air to let out a yawn, "AHH how refreshing." It was only after that did he realize he had come face to face with what looked like a winged lady holding a staff. She seemed to be chanting something in order to heal the wounded infront of her Gods, hear my plea! Grant me the power of Grace to heal your Followers!"He merely stood there and watched. He had never experienced such ways of using magic.

The hydrolic outer doors of the rapidv transit unit opened with a hiss and Gaberiel stepped out into the bitter cold of the winter night. Daylight was gone and the soft glow of the city street lights was over powered by the brighter search lights of l from the perimeter guard towers and military helos circling overhead. Alarms blared and sirens whaled. Soldiers could be seen running here and there faces stern and devoid of emotion. If any of them were afraid, they were not showing it, this was what they had been trained for. He was proud of these men who had heeded the call as he had centuries ago. These uniformed men, they had a true passion which would give them strength in battle. They were real warriors of faith. Unlike these mercenaries and converts the church now hired to bolster their forces. In Gaberiel's mind, this was inappropriate. Combat against the dark ones was a holy task, something a man should choose to do with is heart. You could pay a sell sword to fight, but you could never be fully sure of their loyalties.

The sounds of melee and gunfire drew closer as he approached Building C. As Gaberiel entered through the gateway to the courtyard of cell block c the body of a large demon flew past him and struck the concrete arch over head, with the hard packing sound before landing in a mangled head a his feet. A web of cracks raduated outward from the point of impact. As he observe this scene a sense of pride came over Gaberiel.

Ahead of him a squad of seven heavily armoured giants held their ground against wave after staggered wave of lesser demons. The mighty warriors shouted fiercely as they engaged in close combat with their natural enemy. Impaling them upon sword, caving in their skulls and firing upon them at close range with explosive assault rounds.They had managed to form ta bottlekneck at the doorway to cell block forcing the creatures to drive forward into the meat grinder. The men shouted furiously at their enemies, even laughing as they seperated bone from flesh:

"ABHOR THE DEMON!"

"FOR VALINOR!"

"BATHE IN HOLY FIRE!"

These were a handful the Church's finest. Templar VII of The Vanguard. Some of the fiercest warriors since the time of the dark tide. There were many who average men who were prepared to take up arms to defend the faith, but these Men took joy in the art of combat.
Gaberiel simply stood and watched, halberd in hand. Were it a group of regular forces he would have quickly stepped in to reinforce them but such an act without request or urgency would be interpreted by his men as a lack of confidence. He simply watched and waited.

At that moment, there was vid comm stream picked up by his AI.

Incoming message from High Command.

"...I want the Vanguard Teamto make their way into the sewer sysytem under cell Block C and to ensure that that route cannot be used again..."

This changed things, now there was reason to act. Gaberiel began to push forward into the fray his long blade infront of him as he picked up speed. Up the stairs he moved pushing through the mouth of the bottle necked hall into the cell block. The waves of freed prisoners had begun to thin out. Not for a lack of numbers. The smart ones had simply realized that there were other escape routes than the most immediate exit.
Of course, there was still plenty of blood to spill. Gaberiel sweapt his blade in an arch infront of him into the crowd cleaving three of the beasts in half. Blood spewed forth staining the was and splattering against his ornate helmet and chest plate. The other demons recoiled at the sight of one of these knights pushing back against their superior numbers.

"Forward brothers! We have our orders! These creatures may have taken us off guard, but it is we who shall end this battle! " Gaberiel bellowed as he continued to drive deeper into the heart of cell block c.

The warriors of templar vii raised their war gear in agreement and moved into the main building, carving their way toward the forced entry point.