Black vs. African-American- which do you use?

What is your favored term?

• Black.

Votes: 22 71.0%
  • African-American.

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Something vague and politically correct, like People of Color

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else entirely (Please please please comment with what you use)

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Something politically incorrect/considered offensive

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • I just wanted to push a button.

Votes: 4 12.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The cute thing is, not only are you putting words in our mouths -- who in this thread has even hinted at the concept of being color blind? -- but you're taking what we do say and twisting it in reasons to feel indignant. I'm not sure what your goal is here besides having a lark at the expense of all these poor ignorant and apparently racist users that had the gall to ask a question in a way you didn't like.

So I don't know what you want besides that none of us has ever opened our mouths in the first place and just googled it instead. And one again, that academic stuff is contradictory and had no bearing on what an individual wants. None. Unless you're trying to tell me that everyone had a meeting one day and came to a universal consensus. You know that didn't happen.

And I can't fully empathize with a person being grossly discriminated against, so that means... What, exactly? That I don't know it happens? Or that I can't want it not to happen?

Fine, I guess. Have it your way?

Oh look this thread has gotten out of hand! Before some of you get yourselves reported, I am going to go ahead and close this thread.

It was a nice tame discussion while it lasted, though. <3 I hope there was at least one member that learned something new and interesting!

Status
Not open for further replies.