Posting Speed
  1. 1-3 posts per day
Writing Levels
  1. Give-No-Fucks
  2. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
Genres
Romance, Furry, Military, scifi
I am looking for music from Black Veil Brides and other groups like BVB. I'm going emo and I am wondering what music emos listen to.

I listened to a lot of 'emo' music when I was an angsty middle and high schooler. I might be able to recommend some, and I apologize if I'm incorrect in categorizing it as emo. >__> Music genres are getting crazy complicating as time passes. I feel old and lost.

Some worth checking out: 30 Seconds to Mars, AFI, Tokio Hotel, My Chemical Romance, Hawthorne Heights, Alexisonfire. I know little to nothing about anything new these groups might have. (Which, for me, would be anything past the year 2009, I'm thinking. lol) But I remember enjoying them. :]

I found out BVB existed only a couple years ago, because a family member listens to them obsessively. Not quite a fan, but that's probably because of how my music tastes have changed.

Hope your search for new music's going well!

Reactions: Melon
Dang it @Fluffy you stole some of the bands I was going to use. ;--;

Anyways, I'm not really a fan of Black Veil Brides...they freak me out slightly. But some bands I would recommend are:
Of Mice and Men
Panic! At the Disco
August Burns Red
Bring Me the Horizon

• Love
Reactions: Fluffy
I don't know much about the new groups, but here's some recs:
Alesana
The Fall of Troy
Fear Before
A Skylit Drive
Underoath
Senses Fail
Scary Kids Scaring Kids
Every Time I Die (maybe?)
Blood Brothers

Hope that helps!

Based on your choices there... Breaking Benjamin are awesome. Gonna ditto Three Days Grace, in particular the album One-X. Skillet, RED, and Flyleaf are pretty damn good - they're Christian but they don't shove it down your throat, and their songs are often absolutely nothing to do with their faith (or are vague enough so that it's not necessarily religious) so it really doesn't matter. Same goes for Spoken - their album "Illusion" is fantastic. Fireflight are all kinds of amazing, though I don't know their discography to the same extent.

I'll say Stone Sour as well, 'cause in my opinion they've got a slightly different and more mature sound. Headed by Corey Taylor, the guy who sings (growls?) for Slipknot. Turns out the guy can actually sing pretty well too. Try Enter Shikari if you feel like shaking things up - they're a bit "experimental", add some electronic aspects to their music, which is a nice change from the occasional repetitiveness of hard rock bands. Deftones are great too; pioneers in the genre, really, they've been around for a looonnnggg time. Chiodos, 30 Seconds to Mars, D.R.U.G.S, and Emery are also solid choices. Evanescence's Fallen album is golden, as is Halestorm's "The Strange Case Of..."

If you like HU, then go check out some of Deuce's solo work. Not my cup of tea, but he followed largely in the same vein HU did when he was still there.

If you like Green Day then I'd point you towards A Day to Remember. Don't know them that well, but they remind me of Green Day by falling into the (imo) somewhat rare category of good pop punk, though they also mix in a little metalcore influence which is nice. And you almost definitely already know them, but Paramore had some pretty great stuff too. Hoobastank and The Offspring are solid.

If you like Eminem try out Hopsin's "Ill Mind of Hopsin" series, specifically 5, 6, and 7. Rap with a message, good stuff.

Going into slightly heavier stuff, Slipknot are a must. Can be a bit hit-and-miss in my opinion, but when they're good, they're incredible. Check out Sulfur, Psychosocial, The Devil in I, and Duality - if you don't like those, maybe it's not the band for you, but if you do then explore them further. Five Finger Death Punch, Korn, Avenged Sevenfold, Alter Bridge, and In This Moment (female scream vocals done well, ooft) are all fucking great bands, you should listen to all of them.

And to finish off, to chuck in a few bands that hadn't crossed my mind until now and I don't wanna insert randomly: Bon Jovi for classic rock, Iron Maiden for classic metal, Tenacious D for sheer Jack Black awesomeness and hilarious lyrics combined with some surprisingly good music, and, of course, Nirvana. Because Nirvana were gods.

That should give you one hell of a lot of material to work with. ^^

EDIT: If you want a slightly truncated version with just my "best picks" from all the above:
Breaking Benjamin
Three Days Grace
Stone Sour
Evanescence
Halestorm
Slipknot
FFDP
Alter Bridge
In This Moment
Tenacious D
Nirvana

From the other thread on music ("I need recommendations right now"); I'd advise heading over there and checking out other people's suggestions too, as there's a significant amount of crossover between "emo" music and the genres looked at in that thread.

But, uh, just to say - just a personal opinion, but don't try to force the whole "emo" thing. If you like that style of music and look or whatever, fantastic, express yourself as you want to, that's a good thing - but the decision to just "go emo" without actually knowing much about the scene and culture surrounding it already (such as the music, which is a major aspect) would seem to be more about making a statement than identifying with the scene/whatever. Just be you, man, you seem pretty awesome. ^^ and if it turns out, after listening to the music and participating in that culture a bit, that it's for you, then go ahead and identify that way.

Though I'm not sure what kind of music you define as 'emo', I did used to listen to a few metal/rock bands. Here a few to list:
  • Escape the Fate
  • Heartist
  • Nine Lashes
  • Papa Roach
  • Skillet
  • Trivium
  • Three Days Grace
  • Rise Against

Since Fluffers mentioned Alexisonfire, you might wanna check out the band their former frontman is with now: Gallows.

I still miss their old singer, though. That lad was mental.

Quit being whiney and listening to depressing morose shit and find something uplifting.

Emo, eh? Check out the angst going on in this bad boy.

Emo, eh? Check out the angst going on in this bad boy.

Pure Golden Bleeding Black Hearts of Bloody Crying Angels with Three Wolf Moon Nostalgia.

I used to like them loads. Never occurred to me they were angsty or whatever, just dug the beat.

I am looking for music from Black Veil Brides and other groups like BVB. I'm going emo and I am wondering what music emos listen to.
Aren't you a little too old to be a emo? You look like an adult.

Yeah I know her music is actually metal but she does sing about a lot of heavy topics.

Pure Golden Bleeding Black Hearts of Bloody Crying Angels with Three Wolf Moon Nostalgia.

I used to like them loads. Never occurred to me they were angsty or whatever, just dug the beat.
They were pretty angsty, but they had a good sound, Then their later stuff was super pretentius angst crap. Then their latest album was good again. It's wierd man

Reactions: Windsong
Not sure what you consider 'emo' but I listen to music that is similar.
My favorite is Escape the Fate but someone already mentioned them and you person are completely awesome.
Other good bands are Bullet for my Valentine and The Amity Affliction.

Aren't you a little too old to be a emo? You look like an adult.

Shhhhh you are never too old.

I'm in high school right now and all the things these guys posted is what "that" kind of person listens to... I don't know why anybody would want to be like that on an outward perspective, but w/e. People are people and clothes are clothes.