Black Swan Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
She paid the rest of them no mind and made her way towards Dimitri and gave him a courteous bow. "I was hungry and felt like it was no time to play with my food." She stated. "Besides my skills speak for themselves, I don't have a need to hide them." She'd give the vampire a look over. "Pardon my rudness, I am Princess Midna, it is a pleasure to meet you."

@Ringmaster
"Lord Dimitri. Likewise."

He rose and unlike the quiet grace of Lucifer, there was more brutality hidden in his own stride. As though he was barely restrained from inflicting pain around him, combined with the majesty of a lion. His companion stared at Midna in interest but made no move to introduce herself. Nor did Dimitri do so as she disengaged and moved back as Dimitri initiated the conversation.

"How have you found our world? I trust it is welcoming, to one such as you?"

@Jeremi

"Lord Dimitri. Likewise."

He rose and unlike the quiet grace of Lucifer, there was more brutality hidden in his own stride. As though he was barely restrained from inflicting pain around him, combined with the majesty of a lion. His companion stared at Midna in interest but made no move to introduce herself. Nor did Dimitri do so as she disengaged and moved back as Dimitri initiated the conversation.

"How have you found our world? I trust it is welcoming, to one such as you?"

@Jeremi

"I travel to the veil as easily as one takes a stroll through a park." Midna replied. "It's certainly to my liking. The darkness...there is something powerful in it that I, one of royalty, can admire." She was laying it on rather thick, but Dimitri seemed like a man who above all else cared for the status one had in life.

And if the woman nor Dimitri cared to introduce her then Midna was not going to pry either.

@Ringmaster

"I travel to the veil as easily as one takes a stroll through a park." Midna replied. "It's certainly to my liking. The darkness...there is something powerful in it that I, one of royalty, can admire." She was laying it on rather thick, but Dimitri seemed like a man who above all else cared for the status one had in life.

And if the woman nor Dimitri cared to introduce her then Midna was not going to pry either.

@Ringmaster
"Darkness is the worlds true state. It is always there before light and remains long after light retreats. Eternal, ever-lasting....Its call is rather...Seductive."

He gave a shrug of his broad shoulders, the muscles rippling as he added politely.

"But lets leave off such drab things. What do you think of...All this?"

He watched closely as he smiled tightly.

"Its a unique take on the Darkstalker tournament and this...New blood as well. Invigorating, no?"

@Jeremi

"Darkness is the worlds true state. It is always there before light and remains long after light retreats. Eternal, ever-lasting....Its call is rather...Seductive."

He gave a shrug of his broad shoulders, the muscles rippling as he added politely.

"But lets leave off such drab things. What do you think of...All this?"

He watched closely as he smiled tightly.

"Its a unique take on the Darkstalker tournament and this...New blood as well. Invigorating, no?"

@Jeremi

"I couldn't tell you, it's my first time here." She replied with a smirk. "I am however very interested to see what prestige this tournament will bring to me and my own. I do like seeing new faces though...especially when you come from my part of the pond."

@Ringmaster

"I couldn't tell you, it's my first time here." She replied with a smirk. "I am however very interested to see what prestige this tournament will bring to me and my own. I do like seeing new faces though...especially when you come from my part of the pond."

@Ringmaster
Lord Dimitri smiled briefly, quick and gone as he crossed his arms again in ponderous thought.

"The first match will begin two days from now, in London. Would you and your entourage care to join me in watching it?"

It was an open invitation and certainly a big step forward to uncovering whatever was going on here. But if she accepted it, there was the chance that it may close other doors....From people opposed to Dimitri, yet in for their own purposes as he was.

@Jeremi

Lord Dimitri smiled briefly, quick and gone as he crossed his arms again in ponderous thought.

"The first match will begin two days from now, in London. Would you and your entourage care to join me in watching it?"

It was an open invitation and certainly a big step forward to uncovering whatever was going on here. But if she accepted it, there was the chance that it may close other doors....From people opposed to Dimitri, yet in for their own purposes as he was.

@Jeremi

A crossroads had been reached for Midna. While she hadn't met any others...a native in ones pocket would be a good boon. "Such a bold request so soon in our meeting. Mhmhmh, but how can I decline the offer of a local powerhouse? I accept your proposal."

A crossroads had been reached for Midna. While she hadn't met any others...a native in ones pocket would be a good boon. "Such a bold request so soon in our meeting. Mhmhmh, but how can I decline the offer of a local powerhouse? I accept your proposal."
The look on his face was one of quiet smugness.

2cf21b17b4a3679a411eb030d4ffb99e.jpg

"Excellent. You have done well, to attach yourself to my house. As a token of my goodwill, I offer you the use of all my...Holdings located in London, where the fight will occur. Whatever you may need, do not hesitate to ask. Beyond that...I may have one minor task or two I would require you to take care of. And by all means! I would ask that you do the same to me- Now that we are all friends?"

A hand reached out to stroke Midnas cheek.

"I would hope that it will be a most profitable partnership."

@Jeremi

The look on his face was one of quiet smugness.

2cf21b17b4a3679a411eb030d4ffb99e.jpg

"Excellent. You have done well, to attach yourself to my house. As a token of my goodwill, I offer you the use of all my...Holdings located in London, where the fight will occur. Whatever you may need, do not hesitate to ask. Beyond that...I may have one minor task or two I would require you to take care of. And by all means! I would ask that you do the same to me- Now that we are all friends?"

A hand reached out to stroke Midnas cheek.

"I would hope that it will be a most profitable partnership."

@Jeremi

So the princess would become an errand girl? Midna already realized this was going to be an interesting partnership. To say the least. "Do you expect royalty to follow your whims? But perhaps...if you ask nicely I may comply with your request?"
As the hand came out Midna as gracefully as possible moved her head to avoid it. "And our partnership and how profitable it is will be remain to be seen."

@Ringmaster

So the princess would become an errand girl? Midna already realized this was going to be an interesting partnership. To say the least. "Do you expect royalty to follow your whims? But perhaps...if you ask nicely I may comply with your request?"
As the hand came out Midna as gracefully as possible moved her head to avoid it. "And our partnership and how profitable it is will be remain to be seen."

@Ringmaster
The black grin on his face grew, seeing her reaction as he moved back and bowed.

"We shall see- Hmm?"

He paused as an aide stepped forward and whispered in his ear. His grin returned in spades as he looked at Midna and offered his arm.

"It seems we're missing another fight."

--------

baraka_by_flavioluccisano-d7azoq2.jpg

"SCREEEEECH!!"

The woman was safe. That much he had done in his investigations, placing her in the most protected place he could. But it was this situation here that had him somewhat wary. That and his opponents- He recognized them, from a world his organization was familiar with. But to see them acting as bodyguards for someone such as Dormmamu.... Thought later.

Fight now.

No weapons in this one. Not yet. Facing off against both of them prevented him from getting to his weapons without leaving himself open. And he had no wish to display his powers prematurely in front of this crowd. Anything he did do for victory, would have to be done via whatever he could grab. His eyes narrowed as the one leaped for him.

Wait for it.....Now.

He side stepped a stab, timing carefully before he slammed his knee and elbow to trap the arm blade. A moment later, he gritted his teeth and snapped it off. Now then...

His hand bleeding as he squeezed the blade, he stepped into position and glared.

NOW he could go all out.

It was over in five minutes, the adrenaline making him believe it was longer.

And so by the time Midna and Dimitri came back, it would be to Lucifer standing over the two bodies knocked out cold, hand bleeding and bone in hand as he flung it into the ground and bowed respectfully. First to Midna in the position of the bodyguard he painted himself, second to the lord of the Dark Dimension himself, who smiled thoughtfully.

Dimitri chuckled for his own reasons before inhaling deeply.

"Ahhh....Bloodshed is its own reward, though I am surprised he let them live. It appears the party is done."

He rubbed his chin as Lucifer came out and bowed his head once more to Midna.

"I will see you in London in two days."

And with a smirk, he wandered off. Lucifer came up, winding a strip of cloth over his hand with a wince.

"The girl is in our transport....When I returned, the bodyguards attempted to find some fault with me. Seeing the current mood, I couldn't let your good name get slandered."

He then added, slightly louder.

"Shall we return then my lady?"

@Jeremi

The black grin on his face grew, seeing her reaction as he moved back and bowed.

"We shall see- Hmm?"

He paused as an aide stepped forward and whispered in his ear. His grin returned in spades as he looked at Midna and offered his arm.

"It seems we're missing another fight."

--------

baraka_by_flavioluccisano-d7azoq2.jpg

"SCREEEEECH!!"

The woman was safe. That much he had done in his investigations, placing her in the most protected place he could. But it was this situation here that had him somewhat wary. That and his opponents- He recognized them, from a world his organization was familiar with. But to see them acting as bodyguards for someone such as Dormmamu.... Thought later.

Fight now.

No weapons in this one. Not yet. Facing off against both of them prevented him from getting to his weapons without leaving himself open. And he had no wish to display his powers prematurely in front of this crowd. Anything he did do for victory, would have to be done via whatever he could grab. His eyes narrowed as the one leaped for him.

Wait for it.....Now.

He side stepped a stab, timing carefully before he slammed his knee and elbow to trap the arm blade. A moment later, he gritted his teeth and snapped it off. Now then...

His hand bleeding as he squeezed the blade, he stepped into position and glared.

NOW he could go all out.

It was over in five minutes, the adrenaline making him believe it was longer.

And so by the time Midna and Dimitri came back, it would be to Lucifer standing over the two bodies knocked out cold, hand bleeding and bone in hand as he flung it into the ground and bowed respectfully. First to Midna in the position of the bodyguard he painted himself, second to the lord of the Dark Dimension himself, who smiled thoughtfully.

Dimitri chuckled for his own reasons before inhaling deeply.

"Ahhh....Bloodshed is its own reward, though I am surprised he let them live. It appears the party is done."

He rubbed his chin as Lucifer came out and bowed his head once more to Midna.

"I will see you in London in two days."

And with a smirk, he wandered off. Lucifer came up, winding a strip of cloth over his hand with a wince.

"The girl is in our transport....When I returned, the bodyguards attempted to find some fault with me. Seeing the current mood, I couldn't let your good name get slandered."

He then added, slightly louder.

"Shall we return then my lady?"

@Jeremi

Midna would give Dimitri a gracious bow as he walked away. With that she would have turned her attention towards Lucifer. "Well they look like they could take it. Once again you deliver." Midna gave one of the Tarkatan's a a mild kick before smiling. "We've wasted enough time as it is. Let us leave this place for the time being." She handed out her hand to Lucifer to lead her away.

@Ringmaster

Midna would give Dimitri a gracious bow as he walked away. With that she would have turned her attention towards Lucifer. "Well they look like they could take it. Once again you deliver." Midna gave one of the Tarkatan's a a mild kick before smiling. "We've wasted enough time as it is. Let us leave this place for the time being." She handed out her hand to Lucifer to lead her away.

@Ringmaster
A brief moment of uncertainty filled his eyes as he stared at the hand, before almost shyly- An amusing idea in and of itself, he took her hand and led the way away. Lucifer himself had suspected he had committed a faux-pass at some point, holding a princesses hand but what else could he do? So like that, off he went leading her to the car as he helped her in, taking the drivers seat as they headed away.

As they did, the woman they had rescued looked curious at Midna before introducing herself.

"Thank you for saving me. My name is Claudia. What have you done with my friend?"

@Jeremi

A brief moment of uncertainty filled his eyes as he stared at the hand, before almost shyly- An amusing idea in and of itself, he took her hand and led the way away. Lucifer himself had suspected he had committed a faux-pass at some point, holding a princesses hand but what else could he do? So like that, off he went leading her to the car as he helped her in, taking the drivers seat as they headed away.

As they did, the woman they had rescued looked curious at Midna before introducing herself.

"Thank you for saving me. My name is Claudia. What have you done with my friend?"

@Jeremi

"Safe." Midna responded cryptically to the girl. "I am Princess Midna, and you were lucky to find yourself in my care. I imagine you would have been discarded like a used wash cloth soon enough. That however is now in the past and your life is your own once again."

@Ringmaster

"Safe." Midna responded cryptically to the girl. "I am Princess Midna, and you were lucky to find yourself in my care. I imagine you would have been discarded like a used wash cloth soon enough. That however is now in the past and your life is your own once again."

@Ringmaster
"If it ever was in the first place. This is not our world, not our home. They came and though we fought, they managed to drag us into their cages."

Claudia shuddered, arms wrapping around herself as her bare feet fidget nervously.

The window lowered and Lucifers eyes stared in the rearview mirror to Midna.

"Gladiator hunts. Like how the Ancient Romans used to do so, nabbing slaves and animals from all over the world for their arenas. Except in a more wider scale. Its also illegal."

@Jeremi

"If it ever was in the first place. This is not our world, not our home. They came and though we fought, they managed to drag us into their cages."

Claudia shuddered, arms wrapping around herself as her bare feet fidget nervously.

The window lowered and Lucifers eyes stared in the rearview mirror to Midna.

"Gladiator hunts. Like how the Ancient Romans used to do so, nabbing slaves and animals from all over the world for their arenas. Except in a more wider scale. Its also illegal."

@Jeremi

"I gathered as much from the situation. But I assure you that both of you will be returned to your rightful place in due time."
Midna would place her hand on Caludia's shoulder to calm any misgivings she still may have. "We're here to stomp these people into the ground, which I imagine wont garner any objections from you."

@Ringmaster

"I gathered as much from the situation. But I assure you that both of you will be returned to your rightful place in due time."
Midna would place her hand on Caludia's shoulder to calm any misgivings she still may have. "We're here to stomp these people into the ground, which I imagine wont garner any objections from you."

@Ringmaster
None whatsoever, if that look in her eyes was any indication.

Lucifer chuckled and continued to drive.

Back in Makai...

106045.jpg

"Well, you've both certainly caused quite a stir. My spies report quite a few things about you two. Also, there is now the matter of the Golem and his Mistress in my castle...You did well. They will make fine allies when all comes to light. Now then."

Her gaze turned serious as she reclined.

"Dimitri...I cannot say I entirely approve of him in any form, but he has a tenacity for survival and brute force. It was mostly his minions around Miss Claudia, and you endeared yourself to him via your actions and acceptance of his alliance. That said, you've also made your enemies. The Lord of the Dark Dimension has his eye on you two now- Be wary. Watch out for the sorcerers that surround him! Now. The London fight will be known as the Ripper. Five opponents enter, one is selected by lot to become the Quarry. The others hunt down the quarry as one. Whoever manages to take down the Quarry is then moved on to the next match and a new Quarry is selected by choice. The territory used will be Whitechapel. Its...less direct and more bloodsport, but that is the way of things."

"And what would you advise us to do?"

Lucifer said thoughtfully.

Morrigan nodded in his direction. "Either enter to display your strength- Accolades will come easier. Or you can stay by Lord Dimitri's side. If he does send you to do his errands, he will reward you....Equivalent exchange is a sacred rite. The information gleaned will be most fortuitous. However you decide to proceed, will be up to you two. Now then. Rooms have been prepared as usual."

She smiled.

"An excellent nights work you two."

---------

Time enough for one of these things before rest....

A.) Go talk to Lucifer. He should be in the library....

B.) Talk to Claudia. She should be in the stables with her friend....

C.) Talk to Morrigan. She likes to hang around her bedroom.

@Jeremi

None whatsoever, if that look in her eyes was any indication.

Lucifer chuckled and continued to drive.

Back in Makai...

106045.jpg

"Well, you've both certainly caused quite a stir. My spies report quite a few things about you two. Also, there is now the matter of the Golem and his Mistress in my castle...You did well. They will make fine allies when all comes to light. Now then."

Her gaze turned serious as she reclined.

"Dimitri...I cannot say I entirely approve of him in any form, but he has a tenacity for survival and brute force. It was mostly his minions around Miss Claudia, and you endeared yourself to him via your actions and acceptance of his alliance. That said, you've also made your enemies. The Lord of the Dark Dimension has his eye on you two now- Be wary. Watch out for the sorcerers that surround him! Now. The London fight will be known as the Ripper. Five opponents enter, one is selected by lot to become the Quarry. The others hunt down the quarry as one. Whoever manages to take down the Quarry is then moved on to the next match and a new Quarry is selected by choice. The territory used will be Whitechapel. Its...less direct and more bloodsport, but that is the way of things."

"And what would you advise us to do?"

Lucifer said thoughtfully.

Morrigan nodded in his direction. "Either enter to display your strength- Accolades will come easier. Or you can stay by Lord Dimitri's side. If he does send you to do his errands, he will reward you....Equivalent exchange is a sacred rite. The information gleaned will be most fortuitous. However you decide to proceed, will be up to you two. Now then. Rooms have been prepared as usual."

She smiled.

"An excellent nights work you two."

---------

Time enough for one of these things before rest....

A.) Go talk to Lucifer. He should be in the library....

B.) Talk to Claudia. She should be in the stables with her friend....

C.) Talk to Morrigan. She likes to hang around her bedroom.

@Jeremi

Midna would direct a smile and a courteous nod at Morrigan's well wishes. "I always do my best..."

As the discussion had died down and Midna had returned to her quarters she would be sitting on a chair by the nightstand. "..."

Midna rose up and headed out passing servants as she went and a short while later she found herself at the stables. Stepping in she'd find Claudia and her golem friend. "I trust you and your friend are well? A visit to my realm can be unsettling for some. But he seems to be formed out of sterner stuff."

@Ringmaster

Midna would direct a smile and a courteous nod at Morrigan's well wishes. "I always do my best..."

As the discussion had died down and Midna had returned to her quarters she would be sitting on a chair by the nightstand. "..."

Midna rose up and headed out passing servants as she went and a short while later she found herself at the stables. Stepping in she'd find Claudia and her golem friend. "I trust you and your friend are well? A visit to my realm can be unsettling for some. But he seems to be formed out of sterner stuff."

@Ringmaster
castlevania_los__claudia_and_black_knight_by_vincent_is_mine-d7z5m5f.jpg

"Yes. We've always been survivors, him and me for the longest time. We won't be caught unawares, not a second time either."

The golems head turned to regard Midna briefly, silent as always before giving a slow nod. Claudia kept up a running commentary.

"So far, Lady Morrigan has been very friendly to us both. As have you and your friend. Its...Confusing. But its nice. Back home, m-Nonhumans were dangerous. We stayed away from them mostly. But here, they're otherwise....I would have liked our world to be more like this. Maybe it wouldn't have suffered its current fate."

@Jeremi

castlevania_los__claudia_and_black_knight_by_vincent_is_mine-d7z5m5f.jpg

"Yes. We've always been survivors, him and me for the longest time. We won't be caught unawares, not a second time either."

The golems head turned to regard Midna briefly, silent as always before giving a slow nod. Claudia kept up a running commentary.

"So far, Lady Morrigan has been very friendly to us both. As have you and your friend. Its...Confusing. But its nice. Back home, m-Nonhumans were dangerous. We stayed away from them mostly. But here, they're otherwise....I would have liked our world to be more like this. Maybe it wouldn't have suffered its current fate."

@Jeremi
"While this world has patches of light, do not mistake it for a benevolent one." Midna replied to the girl. "Morrigan is quite friendly to everyone I've noticed...hehehe. Well that is of no concern really. What are your plans moving forward?"

@Ringmaster

"While this world has patches of light, do not mistake it for a benevolent one." Midna replied to the girl. "Morrigan is quite friendly to everyone I've noticed...hehehe. Well that is of no concern really. What are your plans moving forward?"

@Ringmaster
She exchanged a look with her friend before nodding at some unheard word of his.

"My friend wishes to fight- And so do I. We were going to ask Lady Morrigan if we might stay a while. Help out in whatever way we can. I'm going to need to look around though for my usual tools. Hopefully, they grow here. But in the meantime? My friend says should you need him, think on him and he will come. He likes you both."

@Jeremi

She exchanged a look with her friend before nodding at some unheard word of his.

"My friend wishes to fight- And so do I. We were going to ask Lady Morrigan if we might stay a while. Help out in whatever way we can. I'm going to need to look around though for my usual tools. Hopefully, they grow here. But in the meantime? My friend says should you need him, think on him and he will come. He likes you both."

@Jeremi
"Heh well..." She looked up at the golem. "Your assistance will certainly come in handy if needed. I just came to check up on you two. Sweet dreams..." Midna replied to the two before taking her leave back to her quarters.

@Ringmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.