Black Swan Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh my my my what do we have here...? "I didn't know commoners were invited." Midna replied as she came closer to the group. "And in such disarray as well...didn't your mother teach you proper dress code and grooming tips?"

@Ringmaster
The others laughed and one of the well-dressed youngsters sneered.

"Guest? Her? Absolutely not. She came as part of a two-for-one prize, her and her monster. Mute too it looks like, while we keep her beast down below."

@Jeremi

The others laughed and one of the well-dressed youngsters sneered.

"Guest? Her? Absolutely not. She came as part of a two-for-one prize, her and her monster. Mute too it looks like, while we keep her beast down below."

@Jeremi

Midna was staring some real monsters right in the eye, but she was one who would not let her mask slip so easily. "Monster you? My isn't that exciting?" She'd motion towards the girl. "So I wager she's just here as an appetizer correct?"

@Ringmaster

Midna was staring some real monsters right in the eye, but she was one who would not let her mask slip so easily. "Monster you? My isn't that exciting?" She'd motion towards the girl. "So I wager she's just here as an appetizer correct?"

@Ringmaster
"Aye. For now. There's a prize too for anyone who beats her wee beastie down below, but no ones going to show their strength just yet. Not unless they're supremely confident."

The mute girl stared at Midna and a voice suddenly flared in her mind.

"Help him!"

@Jeremi

"Aye. For now. There's a prize too for anyone who beats her wee beastie down below, but no ones going to show their strength just yet. Not unless they're supremely confident."

The mute girl stared at Midna and a voice suddenly flared in her mind.

"Help him!"

@Jeremi

"What a coincidence!" Midna exclaimed seemingly ignoring the poor girls mental please. "I'm supremely confident! Now where did you say this beast was again?"

@Ringmaster

"What a coincidence!" Midna exclaimed seemingly ignoring the poor girls mental please. "I'm supremely confident! Now where did you say this beast was again?"

@Ringmaster
There was silence as they all stared, the girl freezing in turn in astonishment. And slowly, the lead speaker for the young ones smirked as he gestured to the pit.

"Right there. Toss in your own fighter, show off what you got. Might alter the betting and the people for and against you. If you or your fighter survives. Hahahahaha!"

Somehow, silently Lucifer was suddenly standing at Midna's side. His expression impassive as his eyes flicked over the scene....And lingering on the girls arm bruises though nothing else seemed to radiate from his poise.

@Jeremi

There was silence as they all stared, the girl freezing in turn in astonishment. And slowly, the lead speaker for the young ones smirked as he gestured to the pit.

"Right there. Toss in your own fighter, show off what you got. Might alter the betting and the people for and against you. If you or your fighter survives. Hahahahaha!"

Somehow, silently Lucifer was suddenly standing at Midna's side. His expression impassive as his eyes flicked over the scene....And lingering on the girls arm bruises though nothing else seemed to radiate from his poise.

@Jeremi

"Toss? Oh no no no." She'd hand over her glass to Lucifer before making her way towards the edge of the pit. "I can walk perfectly fine on my own." Before leaping down she'd give Lucifer the briefest of nods towards the bruised girl. What she meant by it was anyone's guess because she leaped down before he could even form a sentence.

Her landing was surprisingly graceful her fast decent screeched to a half mere inches from the ground allowing her to harmlessly float down to the floor beneath her. With a wave of her hand Midna would have her trusty mirror by her side showing she was ready for a fight. "Can we hurry this up? My drink is getting warm."

@Ringmaster

A Nightmare returns, to the Spencer Mansion.

The pit before her was a dry, rocky place. The walls were smooth and no foot and fingerholds were to be seen, though it was large enough for a proper fight. The only question was who....And in the dark corner, a being lurched to its feet before stomping out.

latest

It paused as it stared, before a mug was tossed and shattered against his head as jeers cried out.

"GO ON, FIGHT! YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON'T, BEAST!"

The great hand clutched its sword tightly and without further warning, it swung its blade down in the direction of Midna.

@Jeremi

A Nightmare returns, to the Spencer Mansion.

The pit before her was a dry, rocky place. The walls were smooth and no foot and fingerholds were to be seen, though it was large enough for a proper fight. The only question was who....And in the dark corner, a being lurched to its feet before stomping out.

latest

It paused as it stared, before a mug was tossed and shattered against his head as jeers cried out.

"GO ON, FIGHT! YOU KNOW WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON'T, BEAST!"

The great hand clutched its sword tightly and without further warning, it swung its blade down in the direction of Midna.

@Jeremi

The blade would be unceremoniously blocked by Midna's mirror. "No introductions? I am Princess Midna of the Twili. A pleasure!" Midna would use the mirror to push the beast back before smirking.

"Now common courtesy dictates you should share your name with me. Unless you just want me to stomp your head unceremoniously into the mud with out ever knowing your name?"

@Ringmaster

The blade would be unceremoniously blocked by Midna's mirror. "No introductions? I am Princess Midna of the Twili. A pleasure!" Midna would use the mirror to push the beast back before smirking.

"Now common courtesy dictates you should share your name with me. Unless you just want me to stomp your head unceremoniously into the mud with out ever knowing your name?"

@Ringmaster
It wouldn't or couldn't talk. And staring briefly at the mirror block, it brought up the blade once more as it smashed it down, the air scorching around the blade as fire burst in great waves all around from the impact blow. It was an artifact of a long-dead age, from a far off world. A golem mute and crafted from the soul of a condemned murderer....A self-styled protector of the woman up out of the pit.

It had failed.

And now, it was being forced to fight like the old bear-baiting sports of Shakespearean England.

@Jeremi

It wouldn't or couldn't talk. And staring briefly at the mirror block, it brought up the blade once more as it smashed it down, the air scorching around the blade as fire burst in great waves all around from the impact blow. It was an artifact of a long-dead age, from a far off world. A golem mute and crafted from the soul of a condemned murderer....A self-styled protector of the woman up out of the pit.

It had failed.

And now, it was being forced to fight like the old bear-baiting sports of Shakespearean England.

@Jeremi

"Oh you poor creature, not even able to socialize." From behind Midna two giant hands would emerge. "I promise I will make this quick for you, and for me of course as well. I have more important things to do."

The hands behind her would mimic her movements as they clenched into fists and flew towards their target ready to knock the creature off its feet.

@Ringmaster

"Oh you poor creature, not even able to socialize." From behind Midna two giant hands would emerge. "I promise I will make this quick for you, and for me of course as well. I have more important things to do."

The hands behind her would mimic her movements as they clenched into fists and flew towards their target ready to knock the creature off its feet.

@Ringmaster
That was impressive and a chorus of cheers above would echo as the Black Knight slammed backwards, its heavy weight shaking the ground. Taunts and jeers and thrown items further added to the decor, the golem rising as its eyes burned. The sword came up....And once more, stomped forward to slam it down, despite knowing it was outmatched. To fight was to fail. To fail was to lose all.

He could not have that.

So he fought on, despite it.

Up at top, Lucifer would be watching, the drink in one hand as per his cover of a dutiful servant-bodyguard and the other keeping the mute psychic young woman away from the others....He didn't like this mood and the monstrous hints he was getting from the crowd was making him restless and worried, for any human in this area not under immediate protection.

@Jeremi

That was impressive and a chorus of cheers above would echo as the Black Knight slammed backwards, its heavy weight shaking the ground. Taunts and jeers and thrown items further added to the decor, the golem rising as its eyes burned. The sword came up....And once more, stomped forward to slam it down, despite knowing it was outmatched. To fight was to fail. To fail was to lose all.

He could not have that.

So he fought on, despite it.

Up at top, Lucifer would be watching, the drink in one hand as per his cover of a dutiful servant-bodyguard and the other keeping the mute psychic young woman away from the others....He didn't like this mood and the monstrous hints he was getting from the crowd was making him restless and worried, for any human in this area not under immediate protection.

@Jeremi

And so the time for games were over. "Heel, you brute." The giant hands that pushed the monster back would now grab on to the sword leaving Midna's hands free for the crescendo.

With a snap of her fingers it was if as reality itself broke around the golem, fragments of reality scattered leaving only a vast darkness behind. "I am feeling quite peckish...and you seem like a delightful morsel."

The hands would get after a struggle wrestle the sword from it's grasp slapping the golem with the blunt before a final push would send it into the darkness while reality itself healed around if leaving Midna the only one inside the pit. For dramatic flare she'd lick her lips. "Mmm, delicious!"

@Ringmaster

And so the time for games were over. "Heel, you brute." The giant hands that pushed the monster back would now grab on to the sword leaving Midna's hands free for the crescendo.

With a snap of her fingers it was if as reality itself broke around the golem, fragments of reality scattered leaving only a vast darkness behind. "I am feeling quite peckish...and you seem like a delightful morsel."

The hands would get after a struggle wrestle the sword from it's grasp slapping the golem with the blunt before a final push would send it into the darkness while reality itself healed around if leaving Midna the only one inside the pit. For dramatic flare she'd lick her lips. "Mmm, delicious!"

@Ringmaster
There was a smattering of applause and one, anguished unheard cry from the woman whose shoulder Lucifer had been clutching to prevent her from running off. In the midst of this crowd, that may very well be a fatal mistake. Luckily, she didn't seem so inclined to run away as she swayed as though drunk. Down below in the pit, a gauntlet worn by the golem would shrink and burn bright before cooling with a hiss....Another trophy of war.

Lucifer passed Midna her drink with a nod.

"Well done. As per the rules, you've won yourself the girl as well as the toy left behind."

The youngster smiled toothily.

"Perhaps you would care to join us later? Lord Dimitri is rather fond of lovely people, especially one such as you."

Another invitation came in as well, from a figure known simply as the Blood Prince for tomorrow night. And one more, with a symbol of an ash tree.

@Jeremi

There was a smattering of applause and one, anguished unheard cry from the woman whose shoulder Lucifer had been clutching to prevent her from running off. In the midst of this crowd, that may very well be a fatal mistake. Luckily, she didn't seem so inclined to run away as she swayed as though drunk. Down below in the pit, a gauntlet worn by the golem would shrink and burn bright before cooling with a hiss....Another trophy of war.

Lucifer passed Midna her drink with a nod.

"Well done. As per the rules, you've won yourself the girl as well as the toy left behind."

The youngster smiled toothily.

"Perhaps you would care to join us later? Lord Dimitri is rather fond of lovely people, especially one such as you."

Another invitation came in as well, from a figure known simply as the Blood Prince for tomorrow night. And one more, with a symbol of an ash tree.

@Jeremi

Well that was great, Midna had planned to demand the girl as a tribute for defeating the golem. She grabbed the drink from Lucifer and handed over the gauntlet and smirked in his direction. "Hold this for me would you?" If she meant the girl or the drink who knew.

"Oh I feel so popular right now." She remarked. "I just have to catch my barrings, a fight like that while a small feat for me still requires some alone time."

To the girl Midna would only shoot a glare. "As for you, I hope you wont be as worthless as your friend." While her words were cruel the girl could sense something from inside Midna's mind...

The golem lived.

@Ringmaster

Well that was great, Midna had planned to demand the girl as a tribute for defeating the golem. She grabbed the drink from Lucifer and handed over the gauntlet and smirked in his direction. "Hold this for me would you?" If she meant the girl or the drink who knew.

"Oh I feel so popular right now." She remarked. "I just have to catch my barrings, a fight like that while a small feat for me still requires some alone time."

To the girl Midna would only shoot a glare. "As for you, I hope you wont be as worthless as your friend." While her words were cruel the girl could sense something from inside Midna's mind...

The golem lived.

@Ringmaster
"You're crowding my mistress now. She will respond to your invitations as befits her status."

Imperial as the most decorated soldier, Lucifer deftly shooed away all others before turning to Midna.

"There is a room where one might talk at ones leisure mistress. Perhaps a good place to inform your newest property as to her new position."

The girl had frozen in the meantime, eyes wide and unsure what was going on.

But it was better then nothing.

@Jeremi

"You're crowding my mistress now. She will respond to your invitations as befits her status."

Imperial as the most decorated soldier, Lucifer deftly shooed away all others before turning to Midna.

"There is a room where one might talk at ones leisure mistress. Perhaps a good place to inform your newest property as to her new position."

The girl had frozen in the meantime, eyes wide and unsure what was going on.

But it was better then nothing.

@Jeremi

She'd nod towards Lucifer and beckoned the girl to follow them. Once inside the room and out of ear shot of anyone Midna would first speak to the girl to ease her mind. "While what I did seemed drastic, I can assure you your lumbering friend is fine in my realm. I just laid on the theatrics a bit to fool the rest of the monsters inside this den. Once we leave this party you two will be reunited and you can do whatever you see fit."

With that she turned towards Lucifer. "So tell me oh bodyguard of mine, who would you say I should meet? Because I am quite sure the other two I don't choose will not be happy by me snubbing them."

@Ringmaster

She'd nod towards Lucifer and beckoned the girl to follow them. Once inside the room and out of ear shot of anyone Midna would first speak to the girl to ease her mind. "While what I did seemed drastic, I can assure you your lumbering friend is fine in my realm. I just laid on the theatrics a bit to fool the rest of the monsters inside this den. Once we leave this party you two will be reunited and you can do whatever you see fit."

With that she turned towards Lucifer. "So tell me oh bodyguard of mine, who would you say I should meet? Because I am quite sure the other two I don't choose will not be happy by me snubbing them."

@Ringmaster
He considered the question carefully before speaking.

"Among the information I gleaned among the other bodyguards, the primary players are as follows. First is Dimitri....He's a local figure and a chief rival to Morrigan Aensland. Her father defeated and exiled him to earth a long time ago, but he's bided his time. There is talk of a rather striking beauty who accompanies him, one our sources identified as a necromancer of some power...Beyond that, not much is known. If he has allies among the competitors, no one knows."

Shifting memories, he then continued.

"Next on the list is the Blood Prince...A demon of some power apparently, who ironically also seems to be vampiric in nature. His name is Samael and while he might not be outwardly offended....He will also remember, especially considering your victory tonight. The last one of any consequence I could determine is the Lord of the Dark Dimension. One of the newcomers since this world and another integrated into one. He....Creeps me out."

He admitted freely before adding.

"Perhaps you will have to make a choice as to who you ultimately decide to grace with your presence, but there is another option. Meet with all their circles, get to know them at least now at this party. I'll take this young lady to someplace safe under your instructions if questioned. Then I'll....Take a detour returning. Something in this mansion might help us find out more."

@Jeremi

He considered the question carefully before speaking.

"Among the information I gleaned among the other bodyguards, the primary players are as follows. First is Dimitri....He's a local figure and a chief rival to Morrigan Aensland. Her father defeated and exiled him to earth a long time ago, but he's bided his time. There is talk of a rather striking beauty who accompanies him, one our sources identified as a necromancer of some power...Beyond that, not much is known. If he has allies among the competitors, no one knows."

Shifting memories, he then continued.

"Next on the list is the Blood Prince...A demon of some power apparently, who ironically also seems to be vampiric in nature. His name is Samael and while he might not be outwardly offended....He will also remember, especially considering your victory tonight. The last one of any consequence I could determine is the Lord of the Dark Dimension. One of the newcomers since this world and another integrated into one. He....Creeps me out."

He admitted freely before adding.

"Perhaps you will have to make a choice as to who you ultimately decide to grace with your presence, but there is another option. Meet with all their circles, get to know them at least now at this party. I'll take this young lady to someplace safe under your instructions if questioned. Then I'll....Take a detour returning. Something in this mansion might help us find out more."

@Jeremi

"Well Dimitri being a local will perhaps be the one I at least should grace with my presence." She remarked. "The others are outsiders like me, but perhaps if there is any time I will make an appearance among them as well."

Turning back towards the girl Midna would place her hand on the girls shoulder. "I'll reunite you with your guardians once this little party is done with. Follow my bodyguard and he will take care of you."

With that her attention would go back to Lucifer. "If we are done here perhaps it is time for me to continue mingle and you to get back to business, hmm?"

@Ringmaster

"Well Dimitri being a local will perhaps be the one I at least should grace with my presence." She remarked. "The others are outsiders like me, but perhaps if there is any time I will make an appearance among them as well."

Turning back towards the girl Midna would place her hand on the girls shoulder. "I'll reunite you with your guardians once this little party is done with. Follow my bodyguard and he will take care of you."

With that her attention would go back to Lucifer. "If we are done here perhaps it is time for me to continue mingle and you to get back to business, hmm?"

@Ringmaster
Agreed. He nodded and spoke.

"Alright, I'll see you later. Come along miss."

And taking her out, he left Midna to herself.

At least finding Dimitri was easy enough.

In another room of the mansion, the Vampire Lord was seated upon a throne. Everywhere, his minions fed on the beautiful men and women that were there and Dimitri himself sat back, with a rather stunning woman on his arm. Except the only difference between her and the rest of them was a rather, twisted look in her eyes. She was used to control and taking it where she could.

Both would look upon Midna with interest after the youngster from before whispered in his lords ear. Dimitri sniffed.

"You killed the Golem. That was very....Interesting. Not many would reveal their strength, so early."

@Jeremi

Agreed. He nodded and spoke.

"Alright, I'll see you later. Come along miss."

And taking her out, he left Midna to herself.

At least finding Dimitri was easy enough.

In another room of the mansion, the Vampire Lord was seated upon a throne. Everywhere, his minions fed on the beautiful men and women that were there and Dimitri himself sat back, with a rather stunning woman on his arm. Except the only difference between her and the rest of them was a rather, twisted look in her eyes. She was used to control and taking it where she could.

Both would look upon Midna with interest after the youngster from before whispered in his lords ear. Dimitri sniffed.

"You killed the Golem. That was very....Interesting. Not many would reveal their strength, so early."

@Jeremi

She paid the rest of them no mind and made her way towards Dimitri and gave him a courteous bow. "I was hungry and felt like it was no time to play with my food." She stated. "Besides my skills speak for themselves, I don't have a need to hide them." She'd give the vampire a look over. "Pardon my rudness, I am Princess Midna, it is a pleasure to meet you."

@Ringmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.