Black Swan Lake

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the fortress of Dimitri....

jg9NyPt.jpg

Tonight had been both fruitful as well as illuminating. Between his new allies as well as the rest, the tournament could very well fall into his hands.

What a hollow victory. As empty as the women currently cuddling around him, seeking his attention. Gratifying as it was there was more important things at hand. He was a warrior- Such accolades and spoils were his due, but there was nothing here that he approved of in the tournament. Where was the majesty? Where was the bloodlust? When he led the rebellion against Aensland he had never felt more alive, facing against such a power. And when he had been defeated, working to his former status had been both an exercise in patience and in choosing his battles. No...Insofar as he was concerned? This tournament was a farce.

He would shatter it for what it was and to the side, his new ally spoke coyly.

"Am I interrupting?"

Dimitri grinned. "Not at all planeswalker."

300px-Last_Hope.jpg

"As it was, I was just thinking about you now..."

Chapter Two: The Discordant Chord.

Morning came and Lucifer was already up, long before the dawn. Mostly due to ritual, partly to a need to keep busy but also, with a touch of superstition. The coming of day from night, light from darkness. That was a magic all on its own and he had always enjoyed the sunrise.

Mostly because he had a dark suspicion he'd wake up one day and it'd be a luxury he no longer had.

He finished his final kata and breathed out. Today was the day they traveled to London, in the heart of Dimitri's safehouse as his...Guest. Time to consult his partner and with a final flourish of his blade, he slid it back into its sheath and headed back indoors to find her.

@Jeremi

In the fortress of Dimitri....

jg9NyPt.jpg

Tonight had been both fruitful as well as illuminating. Between his new allies as well as the rest, the tournament could very well fall into his hands.

What a hollow victory. As empty as the women currently cuddling around him, seeking his attention. Gratifying as it was there was more important things at hand. He was a warrior- Such accolades and spoils were his due, but there was nothing here that he approved of in the tournament. Where was the majesty? Where was the bloodlust? When he led the rebellion against Aensland he had never felt more alive, facing against such a power. And when he had been defeated, working to his former status had been both an exercise in patience and in choosing his battles. No...Insofar as he was concerned? This tournament was a farce.

He would shatter it for what it was and to the side, his new ally spoke coyly.

"Am I interrupting?"

Dimitri grinned. "Not at all planeswalker."

300px-Last_Hope.jpg

"As it was, I was just thinking about you now..."

Chapter Two: The Discordant Chord.

Morning came and Lucifer was already up, long before the dawn. Mostly due to ritual, partly to a need to keep busy but also, with a touch of superstition. The coming of day from night, light from darkness. That was a magic all on its own and he had always enjoyed the sunrise.

Mostly because he had a dark suspicion he'd wake up one day and it'd be a luxury he no longer had.

He finished his final kata and breathed out. Today was the day they traveled to London, in the heart of Dimitri's safehouse as his...Guest. Time to consult his partner and with a final flourish of his blade, he slid it back into its sheath and headed back indoors to find her.

@Jeremi

Lucifer would find Midna waiting in the foyer of the castle. "Good morning Lucifer. I assume you slept well?"

@Ringmaster

Lucifer would find Midna waiting in the foyer of the castle. "Good morning Lucifer. I assume you slept well?"

@Ringmaster
"Your highness." He inclined his head in greeting.

"Somewhat. I spent my night attempting to research a few ideas, before turning in. How was Miss Claudia and her friend?"

@Jeremi

"Your highness." He inclined his head in greeting.

"Somewhat. I spent my night attempting to research a few ideas, before turning in. How was Miss Claudia and her friend?"

@Jeremi

She nodded towards Lucifer in kind. "They were fine. Considering the circumstances. The girl is a strong one...as is the golem in its own way. Well enough about them, shall we be going to our destination?"

@Ringmaster

She nodded towards Lucifer in kind. "They were fine. Considering the circumstances. The girl is a strong one...as is the golem in its own way. Well enough about them, shall we be going to our destination?"

@Ringmaster
Portals to London soon brought them in the heart of Dimitri's manor. A place where they were just in time to see him end a conversation as he shook the hand of a black being, strange to the eye. Lord Dimitri grinned at the sight of them.

"Ah, welcome to my home away from home! We will have good sport here tonight, here in the heart of Whitechapel. The Mundanes wander, unknowing but they will soon know fear and terror as they did before. In addition of course to....Other matters. But I digress."

He looked them over and then at Lucifer in particular.

"Will you be joining the Quarry tonight? We've a plethora of various champions sent out for the Game. You Lady Midna on the other hand, I would be honored to have on my arm for my guests. Speaking of which, allow me to introduce you Lady Midna to our referee."

03-620x.jpg

"A pleasure I'm sure. I've work to be getting back to however. Until then...."

And with that, he slunk away. Lucifer considered briefly before turning to them as he bowed his head.

"Mistress and dread lord, may I have permission to slake my bloodlust in this match?"

The damphir had a plan.

@Jeremi

Portals to London soon brought them in the heart of Dimitri's manor. A place where they were just in time to see him end a conversation as he shook the hand of a black being, strange to the eye. Lord Dimitri grinned at the sight of them.

"Ah, welcome to my home away from home! We will have good sport here tonight, here in the heart of Whitechapel. The Mundanes wander, unknowing but they will soon know fear and terror as they did before. In addition of course to....Other matters. But I digress."

He looked them over and then at Lucifer in particular.

"Will you be joining the Quarry tonight? We've a plethora of various champions sent out for the Game. You Lady Midna on the other hand, I would be honored to have on my arm for my guests. Speaking of which, allow me to introduce you Lady Midna to our referee."

03-620x.jpg

"A pleasure I'm sure. I've work to be getting back to however. Until then...."

And with that, he slunk away. Lucifer considered briefly before turning to them as he bowed his head.

"Mistress and dread lord, may I have permission to slake my bloodlust in this match?"

The damphir had a plan.

@Jeremi

"Please." Midna replied to Lucifer. "Perhaps you can show some of this rabble how it's actually done?"

Her arm in turn she'd hand out for Dimitiri. "I hope we have the best seats in the house for what is to transpire next?"

@Ringmaster

"Please." Midna replied to Lucifer. "Perhaps you can show some of this rabble how it's actually done?"

Her arm in turn she'd hand out for Dimitiri. "I hope we have the best seats in the house for what is to transpire next?"

@Ringmaster
"My mistresses pleasure is my wish."

Lucifer said as he stepped out, following after the Watcher. Lord Dimitri chuckled watching him go.

"Interesting bodyguard. Diluted, but skilled. As to what will transpire? Yes."

A mad grin filled his features.

"Most certainly yes, considering what I had in mind. There is an opportunity to deal with our enemies now. Though to do so, would require one of us- I trust no one else to do so personally. One of us will do this errand, the other will remain and ply our rivals with banter and discover their secrets. Have you a preference?"

@Jeremi

"My mistresses pleasure is my wish."

Lucifer said as he stepped out, following after the Watcher. Lord Dimitri chuckled watching him go.

"Interesting bodyguard. Diluted, but skilled. As to what will transpire? Yes."

A mad grin filled his features.

"Most certainly yes, considering what I had in mind. There is an opportunity to deal with our enemies now. Though to do so, would require one of us- I trust no one else to do so personally. One of us will do this errand, the other will remain and ply our rivals with banter and discover their secrets. Have you a preference?"

@Jeremi

"Would you take offense if you got your hands dirty." She replied to him in the most courteous way she could muster. "Though I would feel bad to let the host do physical labor for a guest like myself..."

@Ringmaster

"Would you take offense if you got your hands dirty." She replied to him in the most courteous way she could muster. "Though I would feel bad to let the host do physical labor for a guest like myself..."

@Ringmaster
He gave a shrug of his broad shoulders.

"I would not turn down the chance to exercise my might, if you prefer that way. We are allies after all- It is best to know where we stand in these situations, yes?"

He grinned toothily.

@Jeremi

He gave a shrug of his broad shoulders.

"I would not turn down the chance to exercise my might, if you prefer that way. We are allies after all- It is best to know where we stand in these situations, yes?"

He grinned toothily.

@Jeremi

"Well it would be something to see that might of yours first hand...and you are right, we have gone into a pact after all. I am curious to see you bare your fangs. Figuratively...and literally."

@Ringmaster

"Well it would be something to see that might of yours first hand...and you are right, we have gone into a pact after all. I am curious to see you bare your fangs. Figuratively...and literally."

@Ringmaster
"So be it then. I shall return in an hour or two. Enjoy the party as our joint representative."

He laughed quietly and in a swarm of bats was gone, leaving Midna to interact with the guests arriving at Dimitri's manor in preparation to watch the fight...Beyond that? Well...This was his manor.

Who knows what might be around to check out?

A.) "This is a prime opportunity to look around...."

B.) "I should talk to the guests, so no one will get suspicious..."

@Jeremi

"So be it then. I shall return in an hour or two. Enjoy the party as our joint representative."

He laughed quietly and in a swarm of bats was gone, leaving Midna to interact with the guests arriving at Dimitri's manor in preparation to watch the fight...Beyond that? Well...This was his manor.

Who knows what might be around to check out?

A.) "This is a prime opportunity to look around...."

B.) "I should talk to the guests, so no one will get suspicious..."

@Jeremi

While snooping around was very tempting. Midna felt she had already pushed her luck by sending Dimitri on this task. So the Twilight Princess use her royal wiles and mingle with the crowd to see what they had to offer.

@Ringmaster

While snooping around was very tempting. Midna felt she had already pushed her luck by sending Dimitri on this task. So the Twilight Princess use her royal wiles and mingle with the crowd to see what they had to offer.

@Ringmaster
The London fight will be known as the Ripper. Five opponents enter, one is selected by lot to become the Quarry. The others hunt down the quarry as one. Whoever manages to take down the Quarry is then moved on to the next match and a new Quarry is selected by choice.

Whitechapel. Home territory.

In a manner of speaking, thankfully worlds in terms of places didn't tend to differ much from place to place and Lucifer exhaled quietly, his die cast to join the fight. While Midna could mingle behind the scenes, using her charisma and new reputation, he could get an up-close idea on the various figures he would be fighting today. As well as the people behind it. And this time? He stroked the item on his belt in preparation and shucked off his long coat, letting it drop on the road.

This time, he'd be able to fight unhindered.

The faint sound of a gun safety clicked off had him spring immediately into action, ducking into cover as machine gun fire followed in its wake. Atop a rooftop, the ambusher frowned.

1761383-darkstalkers_tribute_bb_hood_by_kilayman.jpg

"Damn. I missed. GET BACK HERE!"

Behind his cover, Lucifer grimaced.

Looks like he knew who drew the short straw for the Quarry.

-------------

Back with Midna, the betting would be conducted with a measure of charged excitement. And among the guests, would be three notable figures.

The first was the referee, currently examining the projection with a thoughtful air.

The second was a sorcerer with a glower for all who approached.

Baron_Mordo_(Marvel).jpg

The third most notable however, wouldn't wait to be introduced as he approached Midna with a diabolical grin.

150361.jpg

"Well then, a new face and guest of our most gracious host! Allow me this great pleasure and satisfaction, of being first to meet you- The Lady Midna! You've made quite an impression last night and I nev-er miss an opportunity to experience it firsthand! Er, as it were." He gestured vaguely to the projected screen where Lucifer was fighting and shrugged.

"Lord Cornelius Alba, at your service I assure you."

@Jeremi

The London fight will be known as the Ripper. Five opponents enter, one is selected by lot to become the Quarry. The others hunt down the quarry as one. Whoever manages to take down the Quarry is then moved on to the next match and a new Quarry is selected by choice.

Whitechapel. Home territory.

In a manner of speaking, thankfully worlds in terms of places didn't tend to differ much from place to place and Lucifer exhaled quietly, his die cast to join the fight. While Midna could mingle behind the scenes, using her charisma and new reputation, he could get an up-close idea on the various figures he would be fighting today. As well as the people behind it. And this time? He stroked the item on his belt in preparation and shucked off his long coat, letting it drop on the road.

This time, he'd be able to fight unhindered.

The faint sound of a gun safety clicked off had him spring immediately into action, ducking into cover as machine gun fire followed in its wake. Atop a rooftop, the ambusher frowned.

1761383-darkstalkers_tribute_bb_hood_by_kilayman.jpg

"Damn. I missed. GET BACK HERE!"

Behind his cover, Lucifer grimaced.

Looks like he knew who drew the short straw for the Quarry.

-------------

Back with Midna, the betting would be conducted with a measure of charged excitement. And among the guests, would be three notable figures.

The first was the referee, currently examining the projection with a thoughtful air.

The second was a sorcerer with a glower for all who approached.

Baron_Mordo_(Marvel).jpg

The third most notable however, wouldn't wait to be introduced as he approached Midna with a diabolical grin.

150361.jpg

"Well then, a new face and guest of our most gracious host! Allow me this great pleasure and satisfaction, of being first to meet you- The Lady Midna! You've made quite an impression last night and I nev-er miss an opportunity to experience it firsthand! Er, as it were." He gestured vaguely to the projected screen where Lucifer was fighting and shrugged.

"Lord Cornelius Alba, at your service I assure you."

@Jeremi
Midna too would look up at the screen with a slight grin on her face. "Yes well...my servant should finish this up rather easily." She replied. "A pleasure to meet you Lord Alba. As for me I can't help myself. It is in my nature to be better. Both in status and in skill."

@Ringmaster

Status
Not open for further replies.