Status
Not open for further replies.
Selene Alkaev

Selene, guitar bag slung over her shoulder, double-checked the contents of her purse--both to make sure everything was there and to make sure nothing extra (like a certain cat) got in--before slipping out of the apartment that she was currently living in. Unfortunately, she wouldn't be living here long. She only had until the end of her lease to stay here because of a...certain cat of hers getting his claws on some nice shoes of the landlord. Due to the ridiculous and unfortunate circumstances, Selene decided to take it upon herself to look for a new place to live in a few months before the end of her lease instead of procrastinating.

However, even with the extra time she gave herself, Selene found herself with only three weeks left to look for a place to stay. Oh, she did have help from her family and co-workers. If she wanted to be honest, she would even say they were trying a bit too hard to be helpful. But even with the help of her family and co-workers, it didn't change the fact that there weren't many of places that accepted animals and those that did were either out of her budget range or practically uninhabitable. Which was what led her to this flyer...

Unfolding the flyer in her hand to look over it one last time to check the address, Selene refolded the worn piece of paper and left for, what was hopefully, the end of her house hunting.​

------------------------------

Stopping in front of the mansion, Selene couldn't help but feel just a bit bewildered at the sight of the large house. She didn't expect the house to actually be nice looking. Looking back at the flyer's contents, Selene could already feel the seeds of doubt rooting themselves into place. Yet, even while lost in doubt and various other thoughts, she still found herself walking forward and reaching for the door. Completely missing the fact that she walked past a possible inhabitant who was sitting on the stairs in front of the entrance. 'Isn't this...a bit too convenient? All you have to do is be able to play an instrument, be a girl and just help out with bills and food...'

Sighing in annoyance, the tall light haired woman just shook her head to clear her thoughts and shake off the frown that was starting for form on her face. She shifted the strap of her guitar bag from one shoulder to the other to get more comfortable. She couldn't afford to be suspicious. Not now.

So, with her head held up with rather stubborn glint in her eye, Selene set her best "waitress smile" on her face before rapping her knuckles against the front door of the house.

"Excuse me? Is anyone home? Sorry for intruding, but I came here to talk about the advertisement you left around town."

Last edited by a moderator:
Mariko Goto

When Gaby explained what she was doing in the basement, Mariko watched with a furrowed brow and a rather dazed expression in her eyes. This one seemed just a little too hysterical, no doubt because she and her illegal activities had been uncovered. Mariko didn't know how to respond as Gaby continued to bawl her eyes out, seemingly beyond the point of return. She was glad when Maya stepped in and tried to comfort the girl – Maya was much better at this kind of stuff than Mariko was, and it was best that she gave Gaby a shoulder to cry on. Catching the way Maya glanced over at her, Mariko raised an eyebrow as she wondered what Maya was thinking. Needless to say, the idea that Maya had come up with was not what she expected.

"Seriously?" The word escaped Mariko accidentally, though she still stood by her questioning. Maya was going to let a thief stay at their home? Letting intruders move in with you wasn't exactly what you did after discovering them in your basement, but Mariko guessed there wasn't much she could do to persuade Maya otherwise. And with Sera agreeing to let Gaby stay, Mariko imagined she was in the minority, as strange as that was. With a sigh, she shrugged. "Fine. I guess she can stay. Just no more stealing all of the food."

When Dani passed by and said that she was going home, Mariko didn't pay her much mind. She was far more focussed on the thief and new resident, and it seemed as if Dani would leave anyway regardless of whatever anyone said, if her cold tone suggested anything. Mariko watched her leave, and then turned back to look at Gaby and the others once the front door was closed. "Is this going to be a trial or something? If the little intruder can't stick by house rules, then she better not be staying for long." It may have seemed harsh, but this was a thief, for God's sake. There needed to be rules laid out for her, especially if they still wanted all of their possessions to be left where they were.

Before Mariko could lay out some rules, she heard a knock at the front door. Was it Dani? Maybe she had forgotten something. "I'll get it," Mariko said before heading over to the door, wondering who could be on the other side. Opening the door, she was surprised to see an unfamiliar face there. Though when the girl explained why she had knocked, it all seemed to make sense. Looking the girl up and down, Mariko took note of the guitar bag slung over her shoulder, the folder flyer in her hand... Maybe this could be the lead guitarist they were looking for.

"You seem exactly like what we need," Mariko said, staring at the guitar bag and not really paying attention to the girl's smile. Stepping aside, she gestured for the girl to enter the mansion, and then led her into the living room where she assumed the others were. "We've been needing a guitarist for a while now. And if you can actually play, then you could be in." Mariko turned her attention to Maya. "Maya! This one wanted to talk about the flyer that you put around town." With the girl successfully palmed off on Maya, Mariko went into the kitchen to finish off the OJ that she had poured for herself, and to see if there was anything left to eat after Gaby had gotten at it.

@Sailor Moon | @Myka | @Birb | @Quintessence | @White -- Chocolate

Maya O

Maya grinned with sneaky delight as Gabby agreed to be her model for all sorts of scary prosthetics. Poor thing didn't know what she had gotten herself into. Hearing Sera and Mariko agree to let their residential thief stay in the house made Maya smile, though she could tell they were both hesitant about it. With time, she knew they would all warm up to their salmon haired friend. Maya gave a nod towards Gaby, catching Dani leaving out the front door as she did so. Their puffy haired friend was often more distant and cold, and Maya had grown accustomed to it by now. "Oh, Dani...Don't g-" Maya said called quietly, cut off before she could finish.

Turning back to Gaby with a smile, Maya realized she hadn't properly introduced herself, or gotten the girl's name. But, before she had the chance to do so there was a knock at the door. She watched as Mariko went to go answer it, able to only hear what Mariko was saying to whoever was at the door. When their guest entered the living room, Maya stood up from the couch and walked over to Mariko and the stranger. She offered the girl a friendly smile, eyebrows raising as Mariko explained what their guest wanted.

"Hi, I'm Maya!" Maya greeted happily. Her eyes went to the guitar case slung over the girl's shoulder and the flier. "So, do you want a place to stay, or a place to play?" She asked with a smirk. It was the same line she had fed everyone when they first came to the mansion. "You'll need to play your guitar for us - show me that you've got it what it takes. Oh, and what do you do for money?" Whatever the new girl wanted was fine with Maya, having more people for their jam session would be amazing, but then having someone else helping to foot the bills would probably be better. Hopefully, the girl wanted both.​

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Birb
Selene Alkaev

"Thank you," she said with a bob of her head. Following the dark haired girl, Selene took a quick moment to give the inside of the house a once over. The house actually just as nice as the pictures said. It was a bit old fashioned, most likely due to the age of the house rather than style preference, but it was nothing Selene couldn't get used to. She was only grateful that it didn't look like it was going to collapse on itself. And it wasn't molding. From what she saw on the surface anyway.

When they reached the living room, Selene's attention finally went back to the dark haired girl who led her into the house. At the girl's parting words, Selene couldn't help but bristle a bit and shoot an incredulous look at the back of her head. 'Does she think I carry a guitar for my own health? Of course I know how to play,' she mentally quipped. The small scowl barely lasted for a moment before the light haired girl caught herself and smoothed out her expression. She reasoned with herself. The girl who had answered the door probably meant nothing offensive by it. More likely to be an offhanded comment rather than a jab at her capabilities.

Still, even with reasoning with herself, Selene felt the unfortunately stubborn and lingering feeling of needing to prove herself bubbling just behind her throat as she faced Maya. Pride was something that she often had trouble fighting against. She could only hope that rear it's ugly head right at this moment.

Maya's bubbly greeting helped. Selene even found herself give the girl a small smirk of her own, wondering if the girl had those lines rehearsed or if those lines coincidentally ended up sounding like a slogan. She lifted the guitar bag on her shoulder at the other two girls in the room in greeting before turning her attention back to the shorter girl in front of her, "Thank you, my name is Selene Alkaev. And...I need both actually," she answered, deciding to leave the little detail about a cat for after she impressed them enough. She lifted gently swung her guitar bag off her shoulder and gestured at all three occupants of the room, "Do you have anything in particular that you want me to show you? And I work at Meirin's Restaurant and Bar. Both as a waitress and bartender."

Taking the black and white Fender Stratocaster out of its snug home, Selene took a moment to quickly retune the strings before looking up and asking, "Ah, I forgot to ask before but...do you have an amp I can borrow…? I can play without one but it wouldn't sound nearly as clear. ...I would have brought my own if it was actually...portable."

Note: Selene has a Fender Stratocaster with her currently, but her true baby is her Gretsch G6134B Black Penguin. She would actually scream and cry if something happened to it, which is reasonable since she spent AGES saving up for the thing (no seriously, she nearly ripped off Tuxedo's tail for trying to sit on it.)
Note2: She enjoys buying guitar strings and window shopping for instruments. Someone should stop her.

As Dani walked briskly past them all, Sera found herself barely managing to squeeze in a quick "safe trip", accompanied by a quick wiggle of her fingers towards the retreating woman's back. It was only after the door had firmly closed itself that Sera let a small sigh escape from her lips, though she covered that up swiftly by bringing the edge of the cup to her mouth once more. Dani was easily the coldest person that Sera had the pleasure to meet, the woman's intense energy was just that - intense. It had a suffocating effect, a sobering effect, that left Sera feeling like a washed up fish every time, helpless and dumb. It was a unpleasant feeling, but at the same time, looking at the woman who ... was so highly strung, so certain she alone was so capable ... someone who looked at them all like they were below her standards was someone bound to take the greatest fall of them all.

Taking another generous sip from her cup, Sera gave herself a moment to relish in the thought of watching the entire fall - from one so prideful, so set in their ways to realize how inflexible, and redundant their words and actions actually were ... then her knuckles gave a small pop and she glanced down at her hands, wrapped snugly around the handle of the cup. There was no need to get so worked up, she scolded herself, strolling back towards the kitchen to place her cup by the sink, it would do nobody any good to cause a rift to settle between any of the people in - and out - of the house. It had been a whirlwind of a week, and surely, they'd all fit around each other like a completed puzzle piece some time soon, it was only natural, bound to be, if they all wanted to achieve their goals, after all.

Filling the dirtied cup with water, so it would be easier to wash later, Sera made her way back to the living room only to find yet another new face. It seemed to be the norm today, and Sera couldn't help but to wonder if she had missed the forecast foretelling a light shower of girls raining from the sky today. Like Mariko though, Sera's eyes were to quick to gravitate towards the guitar, the Fender Stratocaster, and gave the instrument a once over, marveling at it's condition, for it certainly looked well attended to, and well used by it's owner. If this were to be their newest edition to their group, Sera couldn't find a reason to dislike them just yet.

"I'll go pick one up for you" Sera offered with a smile, "might even let you keep it if I get a private performance," she teased before backing her way down the basement once more. Humming quietly, Sera immediately floated towards Mariko's guitar - such a fine beauty it was - and gently unplugged the whole thing. Rolling up the wires and looping it around her wrist, Sera then went to lift up the darn thing. It wasn't the heaviest, for sure, but Sera had no doubt if she were to lose focus, she'd end up on her ass on the stairs again - and hadn't we already had enough of that for today?

Making her way to the top without any incidents, Sera set the amp gently on the floor and gave her wrist a light shake, "do you need this, or do you have something for that already?" She asked, "As for the song choice ... Mm, do you have anything in mind guys?" she asked the other before turning back to Selene, "what's your list anyway? Your top 3 favorite to plays?" She asked the blonde.

• Love
Reactions: envogue and Birb
Gaby Limon

Gaby's eyes parted away from the tiny bundle of cuteness next to her and adverted her attention to a newly house resident, who is holding a mug snugly between her hands, make her way over to them from the kitchen. The bright-haired girl stared at them with wide eyes, sparkling with every bit of hope and joy there is inside her. When the remaining two house-mates gave their final stamp of approval, Gaby jumped excitedly in response and clapped her two hands together, pressing them tightly against each other "I promise to do my best! I won't let you guy's down." she replied in serious tone, giving out quite an odd yet solemn bow of the head. She truly was internally grateful everyone agreed to let her stay, or at least gave her a trial run. This is probably one of the best busts she ever imagined! No need to mentally prepare herself for any prison time, dealing with such a task as cooking and cleaning was definitely a great deal. How hard could it be?

Though as surprisingly well as she thought this situation was going, Gaby sensed that something was definitely off... like as if she was receiving some type of sub-conscious glare/accusation from someone. She slowly lifted her head and peered over just as a tall and curvy girl abruptly strode passed them before exiting the house. Dropping her hands down on to her lap, the coral haired girl sunk back into the sofa and kept quiet for the moment, feeling the rush of guilt creeping its way back into her gut. Though she was lucky to have been offered such an opportunity even after raiding the house of food for quite some time now, she knew it was not going to be easy building up trust with the fellow members. Suddenly, a loud knocking snapped her attention away from her glum mood and watched as one of the residents went to go answer the door. A few moments later, she came back along with a new fresh face smiling radiantly over at them. Gaby wondered whether this girl was just another member of the household, however the blondie did seem like she wasn't familiar with the rest of the residents and she looked as if she were ready for an interview.

Listening closely, Gaby was completely intrigued with the conversation as she studied the female's guitar in awe. She was surprised to hear about the promotion exchange, seems like they were not only looking for new house mates but band members as well. She didn't think these girls were in a band, she guessed they had a not so fan-based jobs, like that sweet girl Maya she appears to some kind of makeup artist. Bringing a finger up to her chin, Gaby observed as someone brought up an amp and Selene ready her guitar for a demonstration. Gaby happily scooted closer to the edge of the sofa so she was able to get a better look at the little performance. She's never been much a fan of music or ever played an instrument herself (besides the recorder) or even attended a concert. So this struck Gaby as a new experience, she was excited and curious to hear an actual guitarist perform live.

Propping her arms up and resting her head on her hands, Gaby watched as they tried to decide what song the blonde lady should play "How about one of you guy's originals? See how well she can read it and if what she makes out of it really is something you all are looking for?" she suggested out of the blue. Immediately realizing what she had done, Gaby slapped a hand over her mouth, regretting to have suddenly spoken out. She didn't exactly have a right to get involved since she wasn't even part of their band, not only did she barely know anything about music but she was just offered to move in as well… and not on the good terms either "J-just kidding… forget what I said, you guys just do your thing." she replied, forcing a toothy grin while lifting her arm just a bit and waving a weak hand to shake off her comment from before. Her head dropped slightly, feeling quite embarrassed with herself.

divider_pink.png

@Sailor Moon | @VanillaCola | @White -- Chocolate | @Quintessence
[B][I]| @Birb[/I][/B]

Maya O

Maya looked back and forth between Sera and Selene suspiciously. Private Performance? She had never heard Sera speak in such a way, or do any flirting for that matter. A mischievous grin worked it's way onto her face, and she watched Sera disappear into the basement for the amps, before turning back to Selene. "Oh, isn't Sera so helpful? And cute, too." Maya asked, her smile now more innocent and her eyes twinkling. Then, Sera came back upstairs wielding not one, but two amps! "And strong too!" The dark haired girl giggles lightly, making her way over to Sera and giving her biceps a gentle squeeze with her index and thumb. Maya was ignoring anything Sera had said, choosing to poke and prod at the taller girl, instead.

When Gaby spoke up, Maya stopped what she was doing, eyebrows raised. "Oh, no. Tanuki-chan, we aren't in a band. We just play for the fun of it," Maya said. "Not that I haven't fantasized about being in a world famous rock band, but that isn't our goal...I don't think." She pauses for a moment, bending back a bit to see if Mariko was around, before returning her attention to the others. "Mariko writes and produces. Don't ask me how I know that, but maybe she would be willing to share some of her music with you?" Maya suggests, and then waves her hand dismissively. It would be too awkward asking Mariko, since the dark haired girl couldn't be bothered to stick around for auditions. "Never mind that. How about you play some Steel Maiden, Metallico, and The Beetles. I'll let you pick one song each from them, but try to switch it up and add some variety. I want to get a feel for your style and limits."

While Maya was no guitar wiz, she had a good ear and could tell if something sounded good or not. She could also recognize if someone was skilled with their instrument. "You can start whenever you're ready, but soon, alright? I have to go to work in a little bit." Maya gave a smile to Selene and a double thumbs up. She strolls over to the couch and joins Gaby, patiently waiting for Selene to begin.

@VanillaCola @Myka @Quintessence @White -- Chocolate @Birb

• Love
Reactions: Birb and Collapse
Mariko Goto

From the kitchen, Mariko could hear the group talking. She listened in to their conversation, rolling her eyes at Sera's teasing. What had gotten into her? Finishing off her drink, Mariko went to lean in the kitchen doorway, able to hear the group much better from where she was. Hearing Maya's comments about Sera being 'cute' and 'strong', Mariko couldn't help but scowl slightly. Was she jealous? Perhaps just a bit – Mariko did sometimes enjoy being the centre of attention, she had to admit. And when it was Maya's attention...well. There was something about her, something inspiring, something that made Mariko want to be in her view. What that 'something' was, Mariko wasn't sure. But she didn't really care too much to find out either.

At the mention of Mariko's own writing, the young woman perked up. Leaving the kitchen, she headed down to the others, a slight smirk on her lips. "Whilst I do love to show off my skills, I don't want just anybody playing my music," she said, looking over at Selene. "Just do what Maya said and switch it--"

Mariko stopped herself when she caught sight of her amp. Glaring over at Sera, who she knew was the one that brought her amp down, Mariko shook her head. "That is my amp," she noted, voice stern. Pointing at Sera, Mariko continued. "If there is a slight scratch on my guitar, I will not be happy. And then you won't be happy either." After giving Sera an extended scowl, she tore her gaze away from the taller girl, done with her warning. With that out of the way, she joined Maya and Gaby on the couch, flopping down into a free space. The mention of Maya's work intrigued Mariko somewhat, though she didn't ask any questions. With Selene about to make her audition, she wanted to focus on that for now. Whilst her attitude may have been dismissive, Mariko really wanted Selene to succeed. The group's jam sessions had needed a good lead guitarist to help the flow, and if Selene was the one to fill that gap, then Mariko was eager to see what she could do.

@Sailor Moon | @Myka | @Birb | @Quintessence | @White -- Chocolate

Selene Alkaev

A bit more at ease, Selene just as teasingly smiled and batted her eyelashes at Sera in response to her comment. Flirting, she can deal and dish out, easy. With a joking flick of her hair and good humor, she quipped, "You'll need more than just an amp for a private performance from me, sweetheart.

She hummed absentmindedly at Maya's suggestive comment, not really listening with her attention back to her guitar's condition again. 'Huh...I should probably change her strings again after today…' When she heard the dull thump of an amp being carefully set on the floor and the rustle of wires being jiggled, the blonde finally looked up only to lightly gasp at the sight. "Oh, she's beautiful... she whispered under breath with starry eyes…

...At the well-kepted amp. That was in rather beautiful condition in her eyes.

"...Thank you," she said, absentmindedly taking the wires from Sera while mentally cooing over the amp. Selene was, admittedly, a very doting fan of instruments and their accessories even if she couldn't find the time to learn past the guitar and ukulele. Her distraction due to nice shiny instruments is of common occurrence and something that she knows of as somewhat hindering. Still, she missed a good portion of the conversation as she busied herself with the wiring and tuning of the amp itself, only giving a hum or nod here and there to show that she was at least half listening.

'Steel Maiden, Metallico and The Beetles...styles are varying so I'll have to retune, especially with a Beetles song…' she thought to herself as she mentally planned out how she should adjust to their requests. Settling on Dance of Death, a Steel Maiden song that she had on during her morning shower just today, Selene looked up to take a look on just how well her audience and potential housemates had settled on the couch. She blinked curiously at the sight. The fact that the girl who showed her in actually came back to listen to her play made her lips almost twitch into a smirk instead of an open friendly smile. Almost.

"I'm sure it's fine. I've never heard of anyone damaging a guitar from detaching it from an amp. Especially one as lovely as this one, she said while tapping the amp gently, amusement lining her words. Without really waiting for a reply, Selene focused on her guitar again and let her fingers do their magic.

Well, if you could call the beginning magic. The beginning of the song didn't have much to expand on without leaving her feel like she was making the song messy or too dense. It started out with gentle plucking, like the beginning of a story, before slowly easing into chords. As she reached the more "lively" portion of the song though, she started to add a little bit of her own flare. Making some notes from the body of her guitar a bit longer to make room for the additional notes that she nimbly plucked from the neck of her guitar to make up for the lack of additional instruments.

As she continued to play, the tall blonde woman seemed to almost melt into her music. Her shoulders less stiff. Her right foot lightly tapping rhythmically despite her best efforts. She had a half smirk and half smile, like she forgot that she had an audience and was just doing this to challenge herself. And the expression stayed even as she slowed for the conclusion of Dance of Death and started to smoothly transition into the next song.​

Note: QuQ;;;; Had lots of trouble with this post because I have a hard time describing music. The post, again, is messy as hell but I wasted all my energy on that music part. *flees from the other problems*

Last edited by a moderator:
embed.php

1p7xn9.jpg

Dani let out a sigh of relief. Finally, she was free. She placed her hand on her chest feeling her heart beat a bit quickly. Oddly, as much as she enjoyed being alone, some of them were at least cheery and wanted her to say. Some of them. She often wondered if they were better off without her. She shrugged the thought off. It didn't matter. If she was wanted or not, she was sort of stuck with them. The most freedom she could have was living alone. Well, there was that. She recalled being asked to move in many times. She turned down each request. It wasn't that she wouldn't enjoy other loud roomates, she just never really lived with anyone before. Being judged was something she was very critical about and if she was questioned, well, she would just move out in a heart beat. Besides, in the back of her mind, she was sort of afraid to get close to any of them. It's not like she didn't appreciate their kindness, she just didn't feel comfortable returning the favor. It was a trouble of her's for sure.

She began to pass by a woman heading towards the house. She didn't bother to see who it was. She didn't care. As she approached her ride, she reached into her bag only to pause. She thought for a moment before sighing angrily. She left the keys in the kitchen, didn't she? She checked every coat pocket and compartment of her bag. Nothing. Great, now she had to go back inside and possible deal with dirty looks or talk behind her back. Just what she wanted. She growled to herself and began to make her way back to the walkway and up the stairs to do the door. She opened it and sighed.

"Forgot my keys..." She mumbled trying to keep her head down. However, she paused slightly observing the sight of the same girl she had passed on the way her. She was a bit confused and conflicted? Yes, that seemed like the proper combination. "Uh..." She mumbled silently as she watched her. She had a guitar and everything. And, well, wasn't' that bad she supposed. She didn't know anything about guitars really but it wasn't making her ears bleed. "I'm assuming she's new?" She whispered.​

Gaby Limon

Gaby's eyes fluttered open and close, once, after Maya's reply and looked at the small jumpy girl with a blank stare. It's not like she was surprised they weren't a band, or because she felt embarrassed for even assuming it in the first place. What really fazed her was when Maya referred to her as 'Tanuki' …. A Tanuki… Normally she would be ecstatic that someone has found her a nick name, but right now, she wasn't sure how she felt about this one. Gaby sighed, coming to the conclusion that this new nickname is probably going to stick around from now on. The first warning after five minutes of being allowed to stay in this house hold, that it probably won't be such a fruity experience. Her amber eyes peered upwards at the others as Maya continued to ramble on about 'the band' and Mariko's incredible writing skills.

The mix speeches of joy, sarcasm, flirting and showing off somehow worked well for them. The coral-haired individual watched everyone closely, they all appeared to get along just fine, except for maybe a couple situations due to their fairly different personalities. But what she did notice they all have in common, is obviously their passion for music. It really looks like the key that brings them all together. Maybe this won't be such a tragic experience as she might think, maybe being called a Tanuki might just be the worst of it… hopefully. Gaby lifted her head and revealed a faint smile as she listened to them instruct the new guest on what to play, then scooted over just a bit to allow enough room for Maya and Mariko to sit comfortably. Suddenly it got quiet, everyone's eyes were peeled on Selene as she set herself up. Gaby glanced over at everyone around the room for the moment, each and every one of them completely focused on the performer before them.

When the first strum of the guitar went off, Gaby snapped her attention immediately back at the blonde in front of her as she began to play away. It was loud, maybe a little too loud from her usual liking, or at least what she was used to, but somehow the sound the guitar presented had managed to steal every bit of Gaby's focus and thoughts. Nothing else seemed to be processing in her mind except for the smooth and exciting flow Selene played for them. The salmon-haired girl watched with wide eyes, not blinking at all, during the entire audition. The guitar is sure such an incredible instrument, just from a couple plucks and strums made her heart race. Leaning completely over her legs, Gaby's mouth open and closed a few times, she just wanted to pounce right up and tell everyone that they would be idiots if they didn't take Selene.

divider_pink.png

@Sailor Moon | @VanillaCola | @White -- Chocolate | @Quintessence | @Birb

• Love
Maya O

Maya smiles as Dani reenters the house, and then discreetly gestures the girl to come sit with them. Her attentions shifts back to Selene, the sound of her guitar and the whole vibe that the blonde girl gave off intrigued Maya. She was sexy, cool, and talented. A total bombshell. Selene joining in on their jam sessions would take their music to a whole new level. "Yeah. She's our newest roommate. Just doesn't know it, yet," Maya whispers back, leaning towards the fluffy haired girl, but her eyes never leaving Selene. "Tanuki-chan thought we were in a band. Isn't that funny?" She looked to Dani then, trying to gauge her reaction to the band idea. Maybe one day she would bring it up to everyone if everything worked out.

After Selene finishes the third song, Maya pops up from the couch with a fist raised in the air. "Woooo!" Maya cheers, making her way over to the guitarist with an impressive leap. "That was awesome, Selene. Where did you learn to play like that?" She asks, eyes bright with excitement. "I just want to lock you in my room and have you play for me forever. That would be weird, though... So I'll just come visit you in your room," Maya jests, cheeks reddening and a smug smile on her face.

@Birb @White -- Chocolate @VanillaCola @Myka @Quintessence

• Love
Mariko Goto

Mariko was eager to see how well Selene would perform. They needed someone new to jam with, and with any luck, this one would do. As Selene began to play, Mariko found herself to be pleasantly surprised by how well the girl was playing. It was better than what she could have hoped for, and it seemed as if they had just found themselves a lead guitarist. By the end of Selene's performance, Mariko wanted to hear more, wanted to know just how versatile she was. But considering how happy Maya was with the girl's skills, it seemed that they would be hearing more in the future anyway. Mariko had been so into Selene's performance that she barely paid attention to Dani re-entering the house, at least not until Selene had finished playing.

The mention of a band was what caught Mariko's attention. Maya seemed to find it amusing, and Mariko wasn't sure how to take that. With the hopeful addition of Selene to their line-up, maybe a band wasn't so far-fetched, at least not like the idea had been before. She thought back to an idea that had come to her just a couple of days ago, and that flyer that she had seen on her way back from work. Hadn't she picked it up and taken it back with her? Looking at the musicians gathered in the room, Mariko knew that she had to say something.

"Maybe we should be in a band," she said, standing up from the couch. "I saw a flyer the other day about a battle of the bands competition, and since we now have a lead guitarist, maybe being a band isn't such a bad idea." She looked to Maya, tilting her head to the side slightly and shrugging. "We could get a good deal out of it. A bit of fame, a cash prize, some eyes looking our way. It could be worth it." She looked at the rest of the group, wondering what their thoughts were on this idea. Surely Mariko couldn't have been the only one interested in it, could she? They played so well together, and being a band was something that they seemed destined to become. Hopefully the others would see it like she did.​

• Love
Reactions: envogue
Status
Not open for further replies.