Black Sheep

Would you like this to be a group RP instead?

• Yes

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
M

malina

Original poster
[bg=white]
t7RGzzt.png

Setting
Modern time. Any country but I'm leaning towards Canada/America. If you're from a specific country that you want to roleplay in then I'm going to have to do some additional research (or you can teach me!) :J
It's going to be relatively realistic in tone. You can't just shoot someone in broad daylight without having the cops called and you aren't going to be running 200 mph. I'm looking for a more mature theme so I'll heavily prefer red-stars.

Immortals (in this setting)
Immortals aren't invincible. They aren't affected by age or disease but everything else is fair game. If you're shot or stabbed or take pills to kill yourself, then you will die. Immortals aren't born that way—they are created. No one knows how or why. Whatever age you are when you turn immortal, is the age you will be for the rest of your life. No super-smart children either—immortal children remain children both mentally and physically. Any affliction you were carrying when you turn immortal will stay with you for the rest of your life. Be it the cold or a broken leg—you will retain that injury for life. Immortals can grow hair (if you had a pixie, it won't stay that way). They do not need food or water or rest but many immortals like doing so anyway, if only to fit in with society. They can still taste things but they will never feel full nor hungry nor thirsty nor tired. In many ways, it is like being a walking corpse. Food and drink will sit in their stomachs until they rot and fade. Some immortals do not enjoy this feeling so they tend to throw up their meals. Alcohol will still affect them, as will any other drugs that hit their bloodstream.

Immortals can feel when another immortal is made. Some sort of inner beacon directs them towards each other and while there are only around sixty immortals in the world, they do know each other. Perhaps not on a first name basis but an immortal will always know when the person they're talking to is one of them. This tug is instinctual. Immortals can also feel when another one of them dies—every single immortal carries a unique but similar pull/aura. They all belong to the group—Black Sheep—as they know their existence cannot be revealed. Those that want to seek a cure with common doctors or want to exploit their supernatural existence for money are culled. Any immortal who does not join this group is hunted down and exterminated—for the greater good. They are lead by the oldest of their lot; a man who appears to be in his late forties—but in reality has lived since the war of 1812.

Plot
A is a recently awakened immortal. They knew something was strange when their lover/family/friends/etc grew older and they did not. Although for the first couple of years A could pass it off as lucky genetics and excellent skin-care, eventually everyone knew something was wrong. B is a long-time member of the group named Black Sheep. The RP will start when B comes to collect A.

Discuss with me in a PM where you want things to go on from there. I have a pretty good idea in my head but I'm not sure if you'll like it so—PM!

Rules? Expectations? Things to know? General Mood and Aesthetic?
I'm looking for someone who can post things I can react to. I like reading prose so please try to have something more than bare-bones descriptions. If you want to get a feel of how I post, you can look at my post history. I want someone who can move the plot along with me—you can be more passive or aggressive—but I don't want people that just respond to my actions and cut. Don't be scared of moving things in a way that you think that I won't like—it's a two way street and I can't be the only one dictating how things go. At the same time, please use some common sense and don't have your character jump 100 feet off the ground before decapitating everyone with spinning kicks (unless it's a fever dream).

I like character death and in-character "stupidity"/knowledge. We aren't omniscient and our characters should be allowed to make mistakes. Make too many or too serious ones and we should face proper consequences. I'm not going to have characters randomly die of heart attacks though (and we're immortals, we don't get heart attacks lol). This RP will probably have some NPC control but if you only want to focus on your character, that's fine too.

I post slow but I'll probably have a post up before a week passes.

I like a more grim mood but this is a realistic roleplay—as realistic as it can be with immortal people—and as such, there's going to be happy and sad and stupid moments all together. The overall thing would be a little more sad though—I think being immortal and watching everyone you know grow old and die is a rather depressing thing. Imagine your children growing old before you while you stay at the age of 32 forever. Themes like suicide, loneliness, rejection, depression, etc, will pop up.

This isn't a smutty rp but I can fade to black or play it out. Your choice.

Being in the Black Sheep has its perks: they will take care of new identities for you and help relocate you once you have to leave town. Finance isn't a problem as long as you don't demand your new identity to be that of a millionaire. It's also quite reassuring to know that for once, your friends will never grow older than you. For once, you will belong. It's like a club for immortal people, albeit one that you can't ever leave (unless you wish to die).

I know there's a lot I didn't explain so if you have any specific questions post below. PM me if you're interested. I might make it a group RP if I get more than one person but I dunno. I might not (I'm a terrible GM). Plus I'm really busy. But we'll see!

[/bg]

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Fox of Spades