2. Adept
  3. Advanced
  4. Prestige
  5. Adaptable
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Genres
Fantasy, Sci fi, Romance, Historical, Modern, Supernatural
(I can't believe there's no thread for this yet)

Hello, everyone! Unless you've been sleeping under a rock, you may have heard of the newest Marvel superhero movie Black Panther, which came out in theaters February 16th in the US. There's been a lot of hype surrounding the movie (especially coming from me lol) and I'm curious to see how many people went to go see it.

Thoughts on the film? What parts did you like or not like? Any comments on the potential cultural significance of the movie? Please put any spoilers in a spoiler box, otherwise I will have to kindly shank you. Thanks.

Michael B Jordan is the greatest Michael Jordan of all time, don't @ me.

Reactions: Kuno
I saw it and loved it. It was everything I hoped it would be and more. I'm not quite awake enough to bother writing anything in-depth yet, but I'll come back to it.

I loved Shurri. That is all. She's the best.

Saw it just recently. Very fun. Great overall feel and look. 10/10 Would recommend.

I thought the movie was pretty darn good. Going into the film, I had that usual Comic-book-nerd worry I have every time I go to see a super hero movie (still one of those nerds who worry about fundamental changes to the character xD). But it was awesome! Killmonger is probably the best Marvel villain so fair :D Michael B. Jordan did amazing!

CHADWICK BOSEMANNNNNNN MAN Black Panther was amaaaaaaazing!!!!! <3

YASSS! Chadwick Boseman is bae.

Just an overall outstanding cast, in my opinion. I am living for the colorful displays of African culture, clothing, and lifestyles displayed in the movie. It's nice to see an African country not displayed as a *ahem* shithole for once, even if it is fictional. I don't think people realize what it means to have a predominantly black cast shown in such a positive and non-stereotypical light, and still crush sales at the box office---because, you know, that was always the main argument against have a black title character. "Waahhh, it won't sell, wahhh no one will watch." Well, how do you like dem apples? Now hopefully we'll see black people get offered more roles other than thug, sassy black lady, or token black friend. And that's just for side roles. For main roles, the only ones that get recognition are depressing slave stories or civil rights era stuff. I mean, that's important and all but...wecanplayhappyrolestoo

What else did I like specifically? The music score was really spectacular. I loved the album they did with Kendrick Lamar and others for the movie. I hope that they continue to do this with other future Marvel films because THAT would be amazing.

My only gripe about the movie is that they killed off both Klaue and Killmonger. In the comics, they're both Black Panther's main villains. So, who is he going to fight now...? I guess Thanos, but I mean...we all know how that's gonna go hahaha *cough* they're all gonna die *cough*

I felt that Killmonger should've at least pulled a Loki and "died" but not really. Meaning= jump off a waterfall and disappear, presumed to be dead only to come back sometime later. But in any event. I'm curious for what they will do in case of a sequel.

And also, did anyone notice the Get Out actor Daniel Kaluuya was in there? Man, his perception skills are all over the place haha

It was amazing, I saw it like a week ago and I'm still reeling from it.

Okoye, tho. Okoye.

I absolutely LOVED this movie. I would go see it over and over again if I could. If you haven't seen it yet, you really need to.

Fantastic movie, the cast was brilliant, the visuals were great and the characters & story were fun and interesting.

Overall just go and see it, it's good fun :D