BLACK MOON

E

EquinoxSol

Original poster
"Happy birthday, my olde friend. It seems this horror show will never end!" calls out Phoenix, the oldest of the gathering of vampires, at only 300. The announcement was for Mari Jessamy Nolan, or Jess, as most called her, their youngest at eighteen years. "Any moment's your last breath, here's to another day closer to death. The cake is on the table and it is awfully bright 'cause there's so many candles on top. So have another cigarrette, have another beer! Raise your glass to one more year!"

After that insinuation, the group of vampires all shout out, raising their glasses. It was Jess' birthday, obviously, and she hadn't wanted such a good celebration, even if she was an adult in vampire years. Phoenix himself had bought out a whole pub and its waiters, waitresses, and bartenders to make it perfect for Jess.

The pub was called The Damned Spider and was in the middle of near nowhere, in a small town where people knew how to keep secrets. It also served as an inn, and several people had rented out rooms to sleep off a hangover the next day. In total, there was about fifty vampires all gathered into the one main room of the pub.

Phoenix climbed on top of the bar, slightly wobbly since his ability to hold alcohol was low, and said, "This girl," he points to Jess, "is quite possibly the greatest friend I've ever had. This is for you, Mari Jessamy Nolan!" He raises his glass and downs its contents in one go, the others following suit.

Suddenly, a crash breaks the merrymaking. At first, no one reacts, until, in a delayed reaction, someone shouts, "What was that?" Silence fills the room, until yet another crash rings out. Then, vampires scramble about, reaching for weapons, shattering beer bottles, and going into a full-on panic, not exactly in that order.

Armed soldiers burst through the door, having broken the lock with a gunshot. Most of them have riot shields, others have guns, but their sudden appearance sends the group into a standstill. Both sides lock eyes in a stalemate, each daring the other to attack first. Then, Phoenix raises his twin scimitars and shouts, "For the sanctity of the vampires!" just as the leader of the other side shouts, "Put your hands up and come quietly, you monsters!"

A giant fight breaks out between the two groups, some of the more drunken vampires hitting their friends rather than their enemies.

Re: SEE OOC; BLACK MOON

Marilyn, who had never been one to drink, was one of the first to react to the loud crash.

She sighed. "Oh, you always spoil our parties," she said quietly when the armed men burst in. She held on tightly to her parasol, putting one hand in position to open it rapidly.

Just as the first soldier came at her, Marilyn's parasol flipped open. Though it didn't cut anything off, it gave him a deep laceration on his left arm. He cried out in pain, dropping his weapon, and stumbled backward.

"You should never come at a lady like that, unless you want to get hurt," Lyn teased. Her voice was smooth and strong, yet somewhat gentle even in that situation.

Marilyn lashed out at him again, this time the razor-edge of her parasol made a deep wound on his chest.

Jess was dumb-struck at first like everyone else, at first. But she was one of the first to mobilize, along with Marilyn and a couple others. She dashed to her room and dug through her packages to find her sword. She lifts it, recognizing its weight and hefting it across her shoulders. As fast as she could, Jess runs back to the main room and tries a couple times to take one of the armed soldiers down, but her sword is so slow-moving and clumsy that she misses every time, as her targets jump out of the way. Finally, a group of ten or so soldiers surround her.

Jess smirks, moving her blade so that she can cause devastation by swinging her sword in a wide circle. Indeed, devastation she does cause, as a good seventy-five percent go down as she slashes their bodies.

Phoenix shouts to her, "Get my children and run! There's a bag in my room, it has everything you need for a couple days! Go, Jess!"

"No!" She cries back at him. "I want to stay and fight with you. Please-!"

Phoenix stops her, "As the oldest, I'm obligated to stay and die. As the youngest, you are obligated to leave. Continue the vampire race. Go!" His drunkenness forgotten, Phoenix is now the same order-giving father-like guy Jess always knew, putting his children and Jess first.

"I refuse, Phoenix. I'm staying, and I will fight to the last. You hear me?" Jess says, some of her Southern accent coming back with a slight bit anger. It was then that a bullet shoots through his head. It was over in a few moments, his death. More vampires fall, blood spewing from unfixable wounds. She kneels at Phoenix's body, and attempts to retrieve the bullet, but stops when it burns her. That is why so many are falling: the bullets are made of silver. Finally, the odds are so against us that Jess calls out, "Stop, everyone, stop! Can't you see it's useless?" Jess cries, knowing it was her fault that Phoenix died, that his three children will not know their father truly, and his soon-to-be-coming fourth will never know him.

Leaving the remaining vampires, she runs to Phoenix's room and finds his two girls and one boy sleeping, the girls sharing the bed, and the boy, the oldest, sleeping in the chair. "Nix," Jess says, calling Phoenix Jr. by his nickname, "wake up Anya and Finney. Gather anything you can't live without." Jess hears footsteps thundering up the stairs. Soon, a soldier storms into the room, pointing his gun. "Wait!" She says. "These three are children. Spare them." Jess can see that the man is not a heartless monster, that he will spare them, possibly even Jess.

"All of you, put your hands on your heads and walk slowly down the stairs, no sudden movements, got that?" He says and Jess sees his uniform. US Navy SEALS.

Jess quickly grabs the bag that Phoenix wanted her to bring and motions the children to put their arms on their hands, as if they were being arrested. "Where are we going, Auntie Jessie?" asks Nix.

"We're going on a little trip. I don't know when we'll be back." Jess smiles. "It'll be fun." She swears. "Who am I kidding. Nix, your dad is dead, and these men are taking us to our deaths probably. I'm so sorry."

"Not if I can help it," Lyn's voice says. The Navy Seal turned just as she swung her closed parasol, hitting him hard. She motions for Jess to run. "Hurry, get them out of here," she says, "I'll cover you." She smiled at the children reassuringly. "It'll all be okay."

Marilyn turns and looks around, making sure there are no soldiers nearby. "Hurry," she said, motioning for Jessie and the children to hurry out.

He awoke with the sound of gunfire downstairs, screams filled his ears and he jumped out of bed grabbing his clothes and dressed as he moved towards the door into the upstairs hallway. Pulling his arm into his leather jacket he heard heavy stomping coming up and shoved the dresser in front of the door.

BOOM.

The second the dresser became flush with the doorframe, it rebounded forward as the intruders kicked the door. Looking for an escape he looked around the room, pushing against the dresser as they attempt to force their way in.

BOOM.

Window. Gun in the endtable. Second floor, hope for a ledge. Breathe in, breathe out, breathe in...

BOOM!

This knocks him on the ground and before his can blink his pistol is in hand with his other hand opening the window. Looking down he sighs at the lack of a ledge.

BOOM!

The dresser flies forward and the door is knocked out of it's frame and bits of woodchips go everywhere. Armed soldiers stand in the doorway with their rifles pointed at him.

Breathe in...

Mannolo was about five minutes away from the pub walking towards this party he hear of by some people. Then he hears cars rushing by. He looked back and saw these vans pass by with Navy seal logos on the side of the vans. Driving towards the Pub." maybe the party is ending early" he turns around to walk away then he heres gun shots and he quickly turned his head and ran at high speed and climbed the building near by and jumped roof to roof till he was at the top of the building across from the pump and saw that Navy seals are taking the Vampires to god knows where. He lucks and looks at whats going on and he is scared to go in and help. mannolo was known in spain has the fastest vampire in all of spain but not even this speed can handle this many people. He saw the ally behind the Pub was clear and he move to see if he can help anyone.

Jess does as Marilyn says, dashing out the back door to find something that could quite possibly be classified as more frightening than the scene inside The Damned Spider. Easily ten armored vehicles, not unlike UPS trucks in appearance, but heavily plated in steel, surrounded the area. "My god," whispers Jess. In the confusion, Jess spies a man in the alley. "Run!" she says to him, pointing to a break between the trucks, then she picks up Finney, the youngest, and begins running. Once a safe distance from the tavern, Jess picks up all three children and dashes, moving too quickly for the human eye to see. Finally, about a mile from the pub, she puts the kids down and says, "I'll be back, and if not in an hour, assume I'm gone, too, and start heading north. Eventually you'll reach a town with vampire presence, 'kay? Be safe." And with that, Jess dashes again, reaching the inn to look for others still there.

She runs up the stairs, picking past dead bodies littering the floors. Upstairs, she grabs a gun from the floor and shoots any soldiers she sees, not finding many survivors. Finally, she reaches a room blocked by soldiers, one of whom looks like a superior officer. "Hold your fire," he says, calmly, when his soldiers see me. "We need at least a couple alive."

"Who's in there?" Jess says, trying to force down her fear, but failing.

Marilyn was searching for any survivors, killing whatever soldiers she saw. She had no success in finding survivors, so she decided it was best if she began an escape as well.

That is, until she heard someone running up the stairs. Lyn's senses told her it was another vampire. She went up the stairs as well, to find Jess standing with a gun pointed at some of the Seals. She heard them say they needed a couple alive, and wondered what exactly they meant. She walked over and stood beside Jess. "What if I offer to go with you?" Marilyn asked quietly. "Would you leave?"

She cast a sideways glance at Jess, giving her a small shrug as if to say "Maybe it'll work".

Mannolo sees a girl with some kids and yells at him about something he couldn't hear while the guns were shooting in the background.Then the girl runs with the kids pass him away from the Pub.he then goes inside and see's the guards taking the vampires away and hides be hide a wall watches as the 5 soldiers guard this door. Just has he is about to leave he see's the girl from before rush back in and gets a gun. then tries to hold up the solders and points the gun at them, shaking in fear has she did."Poor thing scared to death,only a idiot would go save her......"He looks around."well I'm the only idiot here so ...".Mannolo then runs up to the guards and kills 2 by thrusting his hands through their hearts. and pulls out his dagger and throws it at the guard furthest from him and then one of the guards tries ti shoot him and he moves out of the way and grabbed the guard by his head and slammed it to the ground. the last guard then comes in with a knife to stab him and mannolo grabs the knife by the blade and thrust his hand through the guards head and lick the blood off his fingers.he then looks at the girl grabs the gun and throws it.He then grabs her and hides in the hallway and whispers to her"hey you know if you shot that gun they would hear you and be here to get you think before you act next time"

"Yea," Jess replies to Marilyn. Then, when the man pulls her back into a hallway, she nearly shouts out, before realizing that he isn't one of them, or at least doesn't look or act like one. She grabs for her gun, not finding it because he had thrown it. Jess didn't recognize him, even though she knew everyone at the party. "Who are you?" she whispers back. She breaks from his grip when she sees a soldier running at them from the other side of the hall. He's running at them with a dagger, nay, a sword.

Jess runs back at him, comes up close to him, grabs the hand holding the sword and flips over him. He releases his grasp of the sword and Jess catches it, landing behind him and promptly slitting his throat.

Mannolo see's that this girl is not a complete waste. " the name is Mannolo de sevilla or mannolo for short". he grabs the sword and gives his dagger to the girl."let the big boys play if you need to do something go do it ill hold off the solders but hurry so we can get out of her this is a losing battle" Mannolo gets the sword and see's a guard coming at them holding a gun. he then run at the guard and smashed his head against the wall and crushed it." you Marilyn stay with this girl and be quick with what you need to do you have 5 minute before they come back with more people"

Marilyn nodded to Mannolo. "Yes," she said. Lyn motioned for Jess to hurry and do as Mannolo had said. They really couldn't risk being here when more arrived, they had barely managed the first wave of men. However, she couldn't shake the thought in her mind that told her to stay and help Mannolo out.

"I'm not a child." Jess says crossly. "The one man I would ever be proud to call dad is dead because of me. If I cannot avenge him, then what kind of person am I? Yes, this is a lost battle, but what of our fallen comrades. I know every single man and woman who lies dead there. I am staying." Jess says firmly. "If I cannot give all of them a proper death, then I will join them in Olam Ha Ba, the world to come. This is what Phoenix taught me, and that is what I will live by. If you won't help me, so be it, but hear this, dying is a very dull, dreary affair. My advice to you is to have nothing to do with it. And I intend to follow my own advice." Her eyes sparkle with mischief and determination for she truly believed that she wasn't going to die today.

Jess smiles quickly, and dashes back into the main room, using any weapon available to her, while still counting the seconds to five minutes. Jess had a thing for dramatics, and intended to keep going until the moments before the next wave of enemies came. At two minutes and fifty seconds to go, Jess pauses, realizing that there weren't any more soldiers in the building. She stands up straighter, and smiles to herself.

She moves to the body of Phoenix. "Bonum noctum, amicus." She says, reverting to Latin. Jess places her hand over his face, closing his eyes, and he almost looks like he's sleeping. She smiles, sadly and a tear falls from her eyes. Promptly, she leaves, going back to where she had last seen Mannolo and Marilyn, while still counting seconds. Three minutes, thirty seconds.

"Look Jess they would have all died for nothing if you toy and go kill yourself and........" Before he could finish his sentence Jess toke off running for something. "dam this girl is a being hand full". Marilyn stands next to mannolo and he looks at her." ok where do u plan to go after this if we need to find a place to go" Mannolo licks the Blood off his hands from the guards he killed and waited for Jess to come back and when she finally got back they only had a one and a half minutes left." Hurry where are we going"

Marilyn remained silent as Jess ran off. She turned to Mannolo. "I just plan on getting out of this city, maybe a few towns over," she replied. "I don't have anywhere specific to go." Lyn looked down, thinking. "There's a town, not too far, there's a few underground vampire hideouts there." She looked from Jess to Mannolo, waiting for their response.

"You both can go wherever you choose. I have Phoenix's children in the forest to the North. They'll be gone in about fifty-three minutes. I intend to be there before-hand." Jess says."After that," A new sadness comes to her eyes, "I don't know. I've never had to take care of anything younger than me. Who knows, maybe we'll end up in the same place." Jess shrugs. "Anyways, we have merely seconds, so I've got to leave if I value my life, which I'm not sure of right now." And with that, Jess jumps through the nearest window, shattering the glass. When she lands, she dashes again, north, so that she can meet up with her new charges.

"Fine i guess i wouldn't mind being around her". He grins thinking she's a little cute. But maybe this is the wrong time to think of that. Mannolo was never the best person to stay in one state of mind. "Marilyn let's go we can think of something later". Mannolo jumps through the window and runs after Jess and catches up within a couple of seconds."Hey Jess if this is you fast i might has well walk".He feels a little bad about making fun of her in this moment but maybe it would take her mind of it, plus he might not be the strongest vampire but he was one of the fastest."hey Marilyn keep up".

Marilyn dashed after Mannolo. She contemplated leaving, after all, she didn't really have much to do with those people.

When they met up with Jess again, she turned to Mannolo. "Hush, you," she said. She looked around.

"I'll stay with you for a few miles, then I'll be turning off and heading towards one of those vampire towns," Lyn told them. "I think I'll feel safer when I'm underground."

Mannolo looked back on Marilyn while they followed Jess towards the forest. He grinned at Marilyn saying "your just cranky that you haven't had any blood recently...you should have had some of those guards blood not the best but edible". Mannolo was never a vampire to be in a group but he felt like he was needed.

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:LatentStyles DefLockedState="false" DefUnhideWhenUsed="true" DefSemiHidden="true" DefQFormat="false" DefPriority="99" LatentStyleCount="267"> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="0" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Normal"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="heading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="9" QFormat="true" Name="heading 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 7"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 8"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" Name="toc 9"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="35" QFormat="true" Name="caption"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="10" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" Name="Default Paragraph Font"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="11" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtitle"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="22" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Strong"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="20" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="59" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Table Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Placeholder Text"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="1" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="No Spacing"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Revision"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="34" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="List Paragraph"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="29" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="30" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Quote"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 1"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 2"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 3"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 4"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 5"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="60" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="61" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="62" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Light Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="63" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="64" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Shading 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="65" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="66" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium List 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="67" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 1 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="68" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 2 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="69" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Medium Grid 3 Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="70" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Dark List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="71" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Shading Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="72" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful List Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="73" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" Name="Colorful Grid Accent 6"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="19" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="21" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Emphasis"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="31" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Subtle Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="32" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Intense Reference"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="33" SemiHidden="false" UnhideWhenUsed="false" QFormat="true" Name="Book Title"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="37" Name="Bibliography"/> <w:LsdException Locked="false" Priority="39" QFormat="true" Name="TOC Heading"/> </w:LatentStyles> </xml><![endif][if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;} </style> <![endif]--> Eventually, the group of three came upon Phoenix's children, Phoenix Jr, Anya, and Finney. Jess introduced them, and they all seemed to be alright. Finney and Anya both had tear stains, but Nix seemed to be playing strong. "We're going to go with you, I guess, until I can get a hold of their step-mom. Except, I don't think that she'll want them, she never liked any of them, according to Phoenix." Seeing a scratch on Anya's face, Jess takes a handkerchief from her pocket and begins dabbing at it. "Now then, where'd you get this, and why hasn't it healed?"

"'Cause I tripped and I didn't have any blood this week, we were at our mom's." Anya says.

"Hmph." Jess says, "Well then, I suppose we better get you some soon. Let's go: the soldiers may be following us." Jess picks up Finney, who was only two.

All three of his children had the same dark hair and eyes, but Finney and Anya had the features of their mother, where Nix looked like his father. Nix was twelve and Anya was seven. Jess had been to all three of their births, and thought of each one of them as her own children. Gazing at them now, Jess is reminded of her dear friend.

She sighs, "Let's go." then smiles, trying to cheer up the mood of the group.