2. One post per week
Writing Levels
  1. Intermediate
  2. Adept
  3. Advanced
Preferred Character Gender
  1. No Preferences
Black Magic & Golden Hearts
The interest check is here: INTEREST CHECK Why appropriating cultures for profit is bad: A Roleplay

Sorry the thread isn't very pretty, I'm kinda in a rush to get everything posted before it all falls out of my head, and in case the hurricane changes its mind on where to go next.

We are not using original races. If you play a supernatural creature, it needs to be from a real source, insofar as fantasy is real.

There's going to be a lot of players who want to play a supernatural creature which is totally fine! But if you like to play multiple characters, please consider helping to round out the cast by playing a normal human who has yet to learn about magic.

Whatever race you pick for your character, please be mindful that this a group roleplay and the setting is intended to be a relatively low-key town full of people actively hiding their magic from humans. Nerf your character accordingly.

On one hand, god-moding is bad and you should try to avoid all-powerful abilities that can't be avoided and have no out. On the other hand, power-playing is also bad and you should allow your character to be affected by other people's magic. There's a balance, see?

But also, seriously, the more mundane and low-key your character, the more likely they are to be accepted by both myself and your peers.

Character profiles
Below is the BBcode for the profile. It uses a lot of divs because I got fancy. If you're on mobile or simply don't want to bother with the coding, sent me the barebones into in a private message and I'll plug it in for you.

You also have the option of personalizing your characters' profile. There are three colors that can be replaced: COLOR1 is the background color of the entire post (which you can remove if you'd like). COLOR2 is the color of the profile section headers and the border around the profile. COLOR3 is the main text color. If you remove COLOR1, I suggest you also remove COLOR3. That way, Iwaku will automatically display the default font color for whatever site theme each person is using.

The border can be styled to your own liking, or removed entirely. If you don't have a character image, I suggest leaving in the randomized placeholder image. If you do have a character image, the image container is 500x300px. You can choose to crop your image, or just throw it into the bbcode and hope for the best.

[DIV=background: COLOR1; padding:50px; text-align: left; color: COLOR3;][DIV=border: double 4px COLOR2; padding: 15px; margin:auto; width: 565px;][tabs]

[tab=Face]
[CENTER][DIV=display: inline-block; margin: 10px; overflow: hidden; position: relative; padding-top:15px;][DIV=height: 300px; overflow: hidden; width: 500px;background-image:url("https://unsplash.it/500/300/?random");][div=background: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.4); margin:235px 0px 5px 0px; padding:3px 0px; color: white; font-size: xx-large; text-shadow: 0px 0px 5px #000000; text-align: center;][FONT=Josefin Sans] Character Name [/FONT][/div][/DIV][/DIV][/CENTER][/tab]

[tab=Overview][DIV=font-size: x-large; color: COLOR2; padding-top:15px;][FONT=Josefin Sans]Details[/FONT][/DIV]Full name:
Race:
[DIV=font-size: x-large; color: COLOR2; padding-top:15px;][FONT=Josefin Sans]Appearance[/FONT][/DIV]A written description of your character's appearance. Don't forget to mention any sorts of body modifications or magical transformations. Feel free to link additional images here.[/tab]

[tab=Personal][DIV=font-size: x-large; color: COLOR2; padding-top:15px;][FONT=Josefin Sans]Personality[/FONT][/DIV]Your character's general personality. I'd suggest three to five broad traits so that you don't accidentally write yourself into a hole and then wonder ten pages later why the profile doesn't match the character at all.
[DIV=font-size: x-large; color: COLOR2; padding-top:15px;][FONT=Josefin Sans]Backstory[/FONT][/DIV]Your character's history. It's fine if they don't have much of one - some characters come with a lot of baggage and some don't.
[DIV=font-size: x-large; color: COLOR2; padding-top:15px;][FONT=Josefin Sans]Confessional[/FONT][/DIV]A secret or two or ten that your character is keeping (besides the whole masquerade bit). It could be a goal they're embarrassed about, something they regret, or maybe a sinister plot... or maybe it's something really silly they feel irrationally guilty over.[/tab]

[tab=Skills][DIV=font-size: x-large; color: COLOR2; padding-top:15px;][FONT=Josefin Sans]Mundane skills[/FONT][/DIV]Use bullet points if you want. Talk about some non-magical skills your character has, like lockpicking, carpentry, or knocking back a dozen shots before puking.
[DIV=font-size: x-large; color: COLOR2; padding-top:15px;][FONT=Josefin Sans]Magical abilities[/FONT][/DIV]Same as above, but this section is all about magical abilities and skills. List out a couple of spells your wizard knows, or the finer points of your lycan transformation.
[DIV=font-size: x-large; color: COLOR2; padding-top:15px;][FONT=Josefin Sans]Failures and flaws[/FONT][/DIV]List the shit your character sucks at, because flaws are important and in the absence of a stat system we need an alternative method to humiliate each other. This is also a good section for covering important weaknesses like, I don't know, turning to stone at sunrise or your legs turning into a fish tail when you take a bath.[/tab][/tabs][/DIV][/DIV]

Last edited:
Reactions: Loveless
@Garrabon @Advena @Zahzi Niles, Mel, and Cain are approved. Especially since I had to fix the bbcode for a certain someone...

• Haha
I went ahead and re-did Ioana's personality because I felt that the first time, she was a lot more intense and edgy than I wanted to play her.

Reactions: Red Thunder
I went ahead and re-did Ioana's personality because I felt that the first time, she was a lot more intense and edgy than I wanted to play her.
Her interactions with Aine thus far definitely haven't been that. Brusque, sure, but still friendly. :)

Reactions: Dismas
I'm brainstorming for a Halloween event - I'll keep you all updated! In the meantime, would all necromancers please report to the graveyard? I need to have a word with some pranksters.

I'm brainstorming for a Halloween event - I'll keep you all updated! In the meantime, would all necromancers please report to the graveyard? I need to have a word with some pranksters.
Ooo. Hm. If there's something graveyard & necromancy-ish going on, that's a good reason for Charon to show up. Neat.

Ooo. Hm. If there's something graveyard & necromancy-ish going on, that's a good reason for Charon to show up. Neat.
Desecration is a serious crime in these parts, young man!

Desecration is a serious crime in these parts, young man!
excuse am older than u

So, as a GM, I'd like to get to know my players a little better. What other types of RPs do y'all like? Any other cool campaigns you're in right now? What's your favorite kind of pizza?

So, as a GM, I'd like to get to know my players a little better. What other types of RPs do y'all like? Any other cool campaigns you're in right now? What's your favorite kind of pizza?
Goodness. Erm ... Tolkienian Fantasy is my bread and butter. I'm currently in three such RPs, though they're running slow right now due to GM RL stuff. In an AtLA RP, a paranormal/supernatural RP (this one!), a period expeditionary a la Lovecraft RP that's been put on hiatus, and am running a weeb Bleach RP.

And Hawaiian pizza is the best. Yes, pineapple can go on pizza don't @ me.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I like pretty much anything? I'm not picky about RP's, I just need the premise to sound fun and intriguing, which it's not really that hard for me.
Right now, besides B&G, I'm part of a Supernatural Academy RP (that I reeeeeally should reply to because it's been more than a month, damn you anti-depressive and getting sick and a bunch of other stuff!!), and A VR MMO RPG one (That I'll hopefully respond to today). There was also a High School one but I'm convinced that one died when it was about to get good, #sad. Oh also AEGIS, a Superhero Academy RP that was slowly loosing the academy part of it (It's been going on for 3 years!), who knows what's happening to it rn? *winks at Cara*

Yesterday I signed up for more two fantasy ones (One is another Academy one, other is about half-monsters fighting actual bad monsters to protect humanity. Fun story: I'm 90% convinced Polaris has joined both of these too, under a different username on a different website. Small world, huh?)

My favorite type of pizza is a bit hard to describe and I'm not sure if it exists anywhere else or by what name but it's one with ham, cheese, peas and egg, sometimes also with corn and bacon. We like giving our pizzas adjectives and this one is often called by 'Crazy'
I've also been pleasantly surprised with the hot-dog flavor and have ordered it again a couple times... It's good, okay? ^^'

Last edited:

Any type of RP that looks promising to me I typically go for. I always liked seeing detailed interest checks and those definitely lure me in, but sometimes, I go for simpler ones. Though if I saw a trend in what I choose... probably anime related or downright fantasy. But I really just dabble in any sort of RP.

I have a variety of RPs at different sites like Roleplayerguild and RPNation. Most of them are supernatural-esque (much like this one) which seems to be my craving for the season. One of them is a Harry Potter RP which changed sites from here to RPN. Hm, then it's mostly just fantasy after that.

For pizza, well nothing beats the classics for me. Pepperoni Pizza is what I live for.

I have a variety of RPs at different sites like Roleplayerguild and RPNation.
If you got a follow from a certain Necessity4Fun yesterday... Hello there, it's me! *waves*
We might have joined the same two RPs XDDD

Reactions: Polaris North
I basically like most genres, tho i have preferences for comedy, action and romance. As for settings, i like medieval fantasy, modern settings that can be either normal or with magic or superpowers! (looks at cara) Also this is my first RP ever honestly and the only one i'm in as of now. please be gentle with me guys >~<
as For pizza, i think i like a lot the domino's deluxe pizza, which is like SUPER good! that or like a thin dough restaurant pizzas that i've tried, but that's about it~

Last edited:

I'm hugely into high fantasy (Tolkien, yeet), sci fi fantasy, and supernatural stuff. Uh, I'm on a D&D binge right now with three weekly campaigns going on - one in person and two online - so those are pretty cool. Pizza... I like mushrooms and olives? Or neapolitano pizza. Or deep dish pizza. Or Hawaiian? But that's because I'm used to it and not exactly by choice.

Reactions: BipboopRiri

• Mr Cal
  • Details
    Full name: Lucifuge Rofocale
    Race: Demon (Possessing a tainted human body)
    Occupation: Dealer of the left hand path powers (professional scam artist) and aspiring ruler of man
    Appearance
    Lucifuge is currently in the possession of a short but rather well-groomed and professional looking man with a chiselled look to him. He'd fit in perfectly with human society where it not for the fact that his possession of his victim shows quite clearly. Skin as black as the night with hair to match and eyes better befitting of a hawk than a man.

This all gives him a rather intimidating appearance. Like that school teacher who you never failed to hand homework in for. However, this is often offset by his constant fussing over his professionally tailored suit and hair.

One has to ensure they look as good and professional as possible before they damn your soul to an eternity in the abyss afterall.
  • Personality
    A demon capable of both having a god-complex and crippling insecurity at once, Lucifuge is often described by his contemporaries as "manipulative, utterly unhinged, self serving and wrathful," but he strongly contests this. Well, he would contest it if those who said such false statements were still alive anyways. Tragic, mysterious ends to their lives have prevented him from getting an official apology.

In truth, Lucifuge is a man who very much does value order in all things, however he would never go as far as to "strip the flesh from a person's bones" if they ever failed to conduct themselves in a civilised manner like others say. He'd simply gently correct them. The ego that he has is perfectly healthy and he is very much capable of treating humans he encounters better than "dirt" despite the fact that they were literally created from it.

There are a great many things people would like and appreciate about him if they simply looked past the surface. Yet no one ever takes note of how benevolent he is, handing out unstable dark powers to the unwilling and unknowing. Not a thank you has ever been given to him for his noble charity. Nor have people congratulated him on his ability to not wipe your puny, insignificant, unmeaning and useless soul from existence for failing to realise his greatness. It's unfortunate really, that so many fail to reach out simply because they hear he is of demonic blood and the tale of him supposedly destroying a flourishing civilisation on the cusp of greatness because someone failed to pronounce his name properly.
    Backstory
    One of the original angelic beings created by God in order to oversee the protection of the cosmos, Lucifuge would say that it is difficult to recall a past that was lived so long ago. However, in truth he just says this because he'd rather not have people finding out he has massive daddy issues and a level of hidden insecurity that would make the denizens of the internet look as if they were reflections of Moab herself.

An esteemed Power who believed he deserved to do more than what he was doing as a result of his capabilities, he was amongst the many Angels (but the only Power) to go against God when Satan attempted his rebellion. Unfortunately for him, even the mighty powers bestowed upon him when created were not enough to turn the tide. For his transgressions, he was cast down to the pits of hell, stripped of his wings, original name and much of his power.

Luckily for him however, humanity is filled with fools who think that they deserve better despite being insects in the grand scheme of things. It is through them that he found a way to start amassing power once again. He cast an imp to whisper his name into the ear of a maddened prince and through his rabid ravings, the existence of Lucifuge became known to all. With this knowledge, the desperate and forgotten called to him, begging for power and patronage. Exploiting their need for more, he granted them gifts. When the time came, he took it back and more, gorging himself on their souls, taking their knowledge and their very self for his own.

It is through this method that he slowly ascended in status. The crown of hell became his for a time and with his great shadow he cast a pox down upon the lesser people, letting them become desperate before he came to their aid.

Yet with power, status and notoriety comes watchers. His heavenly brethren, those responsible for protecting fragile man, had looked upon his vile misdeeds and judged him as dangerous, a threat to the balance.

They waited for a time and once Lucifuge spent his energy casting a great civilisation, wiser and more devout than their fellow men, into the tides for their insults against his name, they struck. With sword, spear and heavenly word, they shattered his bloated being. The body with which he acted with was dashed to pieces. The shards crushed into sand and cast into the desert so as to devour the heat of the sun and burn the feet of sinners. With his soul, they dragged it to perdition, hopeful that for the rest of eternity, he'd be damned to suffering and agony.

Tragically for them, their immense efforts were for aught. For a fuckwit teen, filled with mountain dew, loneliness and the need for poontang rifled through the attic of his creepy grandpa in hopes of finding something to impress the rather big chested goth girl in his science class. In it, they found a musty old grimoire, made of human flesh and lined with the bones of baby birds with warnings carved into the ruddy, squirming flesh. These warnings would've been effective had they not been in the tongue of a dead language long forgotten. One would've thought the disturbing look of the book would deter someone, yet hormones conquer all.

Opening the pages, the foolish and horny teen found themselves uttering words that they couldn't recognise in some vein hope of understanding it all. Yet, understanding was not something they got. Instead, all they got was a demon, wrathful and somewhat insane after his stay in hell for millennia. They were quick to regret their choices in life, but Lucifuge was quicker in taking their body for his own.

Now having returned to the world in his entirety, Lucifuge seeks to regain his lost power and learn more about how this ball of maggot-infested dirt has changed in his absence. However, he moves with a careful foot, wary of drawing the attention of his undamned brethren. With this in mind, he carves his way through the small towns of America and taking what he can before moving again. He makes sure to cover his tracks this time, and seeks allies or assets in his mission.

With this in mind, he has come to the town of Aldenburg, a pretty place filled with ugly people. Ripe with magic.
    Hopefully not ripe with Angels though.
    Confessional

• Daddy issues like you've never seen.
    • Crippling insecurity that somehow manages to be matched evenly with the ego of a teaching assistant made temporary teacher for a class of unexpecting teens in religious studies.
    • A fondness for business suits. He just thinks they look neat.
    • Unironically thinks doing taxes is fun.
    • Steals fancy pens from tired office workers when they least expect it.
  • Mundane skills

• Good at keeping clean and grooming himself. Also others if forced.
    • Quite good at convincing people to accept the powers being offered from someone who definitely isn't human and probably isn't as friendly as he says he is.
    • Good at looking as if he's not about to literally murder everything around him because someone breathed improperly whilst in his presence.
    • Speaks a dozen languages.
    Magical abilities

• Uses the magic of ritualistic Kabbalah. Specifically specialises in the Qliphoth side, where he is master and ruler of the branch Sathariel. The art of illusions and concealment. Can gift people his magical ability and skill in a lesser state for a price.
    • Clairvoyance. Eyes of discernment and truth allow him to see past glamour and illusion alike. They also allow him to analyse things in obsessive detail.
    • Can call upon demons of a lower caste in order to assist him.
    • Skilled at possession. A gradual process where he slowly crushes your mind and wipes the slate clean so he's left with a body to jump into. Takes a bit of time and preparation. Standard demon practice really.
    Failures and flaws

• Temper tantrums and mood swings that would make five year olds who were denied their rightful cookie look like calm and reasonable people.
    • Clairvoyance allows him to analyse things in obsessive detail. This results in him being irked at the slightest of imperfections.
    • An ego that is capable of being stoked rather easily in order to get on his good side.
    • None of the languages he speaks are spoken by people anymore.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is.... is that a complete profile?