Black Lives Matter

Status
Not open for further replies.
That paragraph takes on a whole new meaning if it is properly embedded in the entire letter, though.

Ideally, everyone is equal and just. Which begs the question, why is there such a huge difference in practice? The attitudes between different ethnicities are directional and unequal. The HK-mainland China debate is completely different from BLM, as is the case about illegal mexican farm workers. It doesn't do any good to try and mash them all together into the same dialogue.

So, I agree that BLM has a purpose existing, and I disagree with the notion of trying to tie it all under one universal cause. There's just too much different for that to happen.

Reactions: Grumpy and Brovo
Unanun - let me know what responses you get.

I won't be able to see them. :(

Honestly, I am getting a bit...annoyed with it.

It seems to have become an excuse to argue and call white people racist (and I ain't even white o.o). For example, huff post posted an article about a white girl wearing an afro (she had short curly hair so wtf?!) That is a black hairstyle. ...OMG the arguing that followed.

Whites: It's just a damn hairstyle, who cares?!

Blacks: it's a part of our culture and we are discriminated against for how we wear our hair! But it's cute and stylish when a white girl does it?!

White: ...wtf are you talking about? It's a hairstyle, I mean...you guys dye your hair blonde and straighten it but are we rioting? No. Because no one cares.

Black: ..DID YOU JUST FUCKING SAY THAT YOU RACIST FUCK?! BLACK LIVES MATTER! HOW DARE YOU BELITTLE OUR CULTURE! YOU WHITE FUCK!

White: ...what? I don't understand. I didn't say anything about race...what is with the black Lives Matter thing?

Black: unintelligible words

Me: ...don't y'all think there are more things to argue about then hair like...I dunno, how our younger generation needs more education in regards to gangs, drugs, violence, sex and the negative effects this can have on our future generation? No? Oh, right cause hair is really a major impact on what's really important. -_-

White: i am confused. What did I say wrong?

Black: SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU RACIST ASSHOLE!

Me: /ignored

It has just lost its meaning when it is used for every petty argument. I understand what it is meant for but I do feel there needs to be more proactive and positive things done because it feels like it went from a really good message to a lot of whining by people who just want am excuse to argue and fight over everything. Being fed up is not an excuse to act like you can do whatever and it will be okay.

And we should be concerned with black on black crime because it involved our youth. They are out of control and media needs to bring light to this so the community can get help. If two teenage girls think it's okay to shove an old lady and take her purse in broad daylight, then that is a problem. If a group of kids can attack one girl and then a few days later beat the girl up AGAIN and her mother, that needs to be brought to light. Kids fighting all over the trains, streets and recording it...this is a major problem. They have no respect for themselves and that is an embarrassment.

Edit:

Me: It's crazy how one year people are going against Muslims, the next it's blacks and now it's Mexicans. Who is in line next? The Irish? Puerto Ricans? The French? People would rather develope a mob like mentality and hate people as a collective because the media says so then be their own person and have their own thoughts. Smh ‪#‎stopthehate

Unknown: Just saying it has never stop being African Americans being discriminated against

...that just came off as really selfish to me and it was like complete disregard to the OTHER minorities who are constantly targeted by Americans.

Let me also point out that blacks are quick to go after Africans, especially African Muslims. Remember the Ebola outbreak? The fighting and BULLYING that resulted in kids getting suspended or detention for even saying the word? Like.. hello?

Last edited:
So, I agree that BLM has a purpose existing, and I disagree with the notion of trying to tie it all under one universal cause. There's just too much different for that to happen.
Generally from what I've understood is that one doesn't teach tolerance through intolerance and inclusion through exclusion. Ideally, people would gather under a single banner and treat each other equal, then treat everyone's problems by already being ahead of them and not giving a fuck about race/gender/etcetera. This is harder than creating a movement addressing single problems, as those are generally easier to rally for and only need the involved to care and empathise with one problem. It also makes it easier to identify with one problem than multiple.

Essentially the problem dials down to numbers. 'cause for a cause to succeed you need people to support it. All for one and one for all is just really hard in theory, because we as people are egotistical fucks. Essentially, these separate groups addressing separate issues is because we are immature.

This is taking group-behaviours and mob-mentalities out of the equation, but that's such a hot mess I don't feel that'd come down to anything but :deadhorse:

EDIT @Cosmos I had dreadlocks. Pretty sure I shouldn't have been in your neighbourhood back then, eh? ;p

Last edited:
Reactions: Mid
Really, the only way to fix this problem is organically. At the end of the day, you can't tell people to stop being racist, they have to see it for themselves. Education for those who are disadvantaged will show that they too can ascend the ladder and be seen as equally skilled peers to the white mens at the tops.

Really, the only way to fix this problem is organically. At the end of the day, you can't tell people to stop being racist, they have to see it for themselves. Education for those who are disadvantaged will show that they too can ascend the ladder and be seen as equally skilled peers to the white mens at the tops.
This is true. There are a few things you can do the help facilitate this. Like, create safe spaces for people to express their selves (not coddle into narcissists, tho) to allow them to be more confident. This in turn gives them more exposure. It's far more personal if you have a friend or family member who is discriminated against, but if they hide it it reinforces the idea what they're doing is wrong. A lot of hate is blind, people don't think about such things until it hits home.

Maybe one day our species won't give a fuck about these silly little differences anymore. I mean we'll probably be discriminating against aliens at that point, but Earth will be safe from itself.

See, the places I'm use to would have called you the biggest racist evar. But then you get a reply like what Kestrel gave XD This place brings back my faith in humanity ^^

As for me, I don't know anymore DX I think that people are too focused on being offended rather than fix issues. I think that SOOOOOOOOOO MANY things COULD have been all fixed up by now, but no. It's easier and more "Empowering" to just be offended. Luckily me though, I'm a white male, so I don't really have to care anymore XD Problem is though, I have a heart, so I still do care -.- I just don't see any ways to fix it other than letting time pass and perhaps one day people will be like "You know what? This is stupid, I'm gonna be smart now" (Which fun fact, is starting to happen with SJW's, some of its more popular members are starting to leave now as they FINALLY see the toxicity, and see what they, themselves have caused. They apologize dearly though even they know it's gonna take allot more than a "Sorry" to fix what they started.)

So it's all baby steps ^^ Hopefully the people mature, realize what they're doing, and strive to fix their mistakes. Because honestly, that's the only thing I see happening at this point, and has started with the SJW thing which as far as I'm aware, boomed a little after I entered highschool. This whole everyones a racist thing boomed a few years ago I think? So if its the same pattern, then the black lives matter thing will start realizing it's flaws in another 2-3 years. Fingers crossed I suppose.

Status
Not open for further replies.