Black Jewels

Discussion in 'ROLEPLAY GRAVEYARD' started by Enigs, May 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. If you have read The series of books The Black Jewels:

I have recently been going back through The Black Jewels. I have wanted to participate in an RP based of of those books for awhile but Have had two main problems. The first is that the books have a fairly large amount of Lore and a relatively in depth society that means that people who want to join but don't know the books would be utterly clueless as to how to act. The second is that I would like to see how the characters would react to situations not presented in the books but it would be difficult to see that without people who know them frankly better than I do. I decided the best way of solving those problems while presenting an RP that could make an interesting story would be to remove everything from the Black Jewels and then slowly re-introduce them.

We start with a Modern world Roughly analogous to ours, Lorn swings by and re-enacts the sacrifice Draca first made to introduce the blood. Change the jewels structure to allow for character progression by having people attune to their new powers and slowly descend the ranks of the jewels. This also allows for the world to change as the average power level slowly increases.We would get to see the world changing and adapting to its new situation and it would provide good opportunity for conflict for the characters.

That introduces the powers in a way that people can come to grips with then we need to reintroduce the characters and society, my favorite part. The idea is this certain objects held and treasured by certain members of The Blood slowly become infused with their psychic scent. Lorn brings some of these objects with him in order to give the society a guide for rebuilding itself. the objects assist people in attuning their power up to the jewel rank of the prior holder, and help guide them down a similar life path that the original character led. People who already are familiar with the books would get approval from me or a couple of other people I assign to select or create a Legacy Item and it allows their character to slowly learn the ways of the Blood in a way that those who haven't read the books can learn along. If you have any other ideas I would love to hear them. So far this is what I consider a rough draft, but I think it has potential.

For those who are not familiar with The Black Jewels:

A Dragon from another dimension comes into our world on a flight circumnavigating the world. When He does this his scales fall off along the way and for a couple of days the world is in an uproar trying to figure out what happened if in fact something did happen. Soon people start manifesting what can only be described as magical powers. Our story would follow a select group of people (You) as they try to come to terms with the changes in the world they knew and themselves from this apocalyptic event.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.