Black Girls Rock

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on... What the hell? Aren't all "Black" people brown though? XD
Nope. :P

SudanSlaveWomanTV.jpg

Ok.

But the majority that were caught/sold/whatever by time "Black" was being used were brown were they not? Or did some sort of evolution I'm unaware of occur? XD

Ok.

But the majority that were caught/sold/whatever by time "Black" was being used were brown were they not? Or did some sort of evolution I'm unaware of occur? XD
I believe they were black black.
The brown became more of a thing after they and white people began producing offspring together.

Though I'm not sure when exactly the term 'black' began being used, but I would imagine it would have been almost instantly.
Since it's a clearly seen trait, their skin is black, it makes sense for people to call it that.

WELP!

At first I thought @Kooriryu was shadowboxing some made up enemy on this issue. Turns out, after reading these last few pages, we need people like Koori around here schoolin' folks.

I feel pretty good about not having put a foot in my mouth this thread. This being my first and last.

D8< GODDAMNIT Y'ALL CAN'T EVEN LET ME DIP OUT AFTER I MUSTER THE FUCKIN' ENERGY TO LEGIT DEUCE THEFUCK OUT GIOAHIPGDASHDLGAW4GA;WEHG; TORSTY YOU FUCKIN' KNOW I DON'T OPEN MY BIG-ASS GAPIN' MAW UNLESS I GOTTA REASON. Y'know give or take that I'm doing it at least for the kidlets who're just observin' what's going on in a hot mess and not sayin' anything. Swearin' like the only ones in a conversation is person A and person B, like persons C, G, T, Y, N, Q, P, I, K, S, V aren't lookin' and standing by.

... But since my ass is in here already:

THINGS

DO

NOT

HAPPEN

IN

A

VACUUM

psst hey, hey, hey listen, all that shit are links

NOW CAN I DIP THE FUCK OUT WITHOUT BEIN' LASSO'D BACK IN???

Everything you just mentioned is false. Race profiling and statistics are usually bullshit. And even if it is true, who are you to judge? People can live their lives however they want and you don't know how they got that way to begin with. Not everyone is you and you're not perfect either. Don't let the media and biased tests fool you.
Of course race profiling and falsified statistics exist, but if personal experiences aren't valid, if statistics are biased and false, and if the media is malice incarnate, how then do we gauge the state of black america? By pretending that everything is made up, how do we even begin to address the problem? You can't even tolerate anyone critiquing this group without doubling back to false allegations of racism and discrimination. That's a toxic and ultimately self-destructive mindset to harbor. Soon, you'll start proclaiming that I despise myself or that I'm an Uncle Ruckus clone. These types of petty accusations are overbearingly common in the black community. Just ask Charles Barkley, Bill Cosby, or Doctor Ben Carson.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan's controversial 1965 report outlined the delicate relationship between the nuclear family, welfare dependency, and black advancement. But as usual, a cadre of two-part pimp civil rights simpletons like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson denounced the report. They claimed it was discriminatory, reinforced negative stereotypes about black people, and placed unfair blame upon the victim.

Gee, that sounds shockingly familiar.

This website is an attempted reexamination of the report, but it's honestly just reaffirming Moynihan's predictions. The only thing that seems to have improved (child wise) is that black children aren't as poor as they used to be. This may be owed to the greater employment prospects brought on by integration, the larger number of blacks that are enrolling into (and completing degrees at) higher education institutions, or the bolstering effect that federal welfare has on a single mother's (or father's) annual income.

The marriage penalties that accompanies welfare don't help either.
Black churches and churches in general aren't corrupt. I've been to a few black and white churches and even some diverse ones and they're pretty legit. Don't let wannabe churches like Westboro cloud your judgment. I know many black Christians and they're some of the best people I've known. Once again, negative experiences shouldn't cloud your judgment for everything.
What are you talking about? WBC has nothing to do with my issues with the black church. Furthermore, my experiences don't cloud my judgement, but they DO diametrically influence my initial perception of things that I encounter.

But my gripe with the black church?

That can't be explained or deconstructed with one post. Something that big requires a debate thread or a PM conversation.
African-Americans are not on life support. If anything, we're thriving better than we ever had. So what if the community has issues? The entire human race has issues. And all of the "issues" you mentioned aren't even exclusive to the black community cause I see it a lot with other minorities and whites as well. Some of them aren't even issues at all. You just see them as bad because apparently you don't understand other people and you're very close-minded. This is 2015 not the 50s. Times have changed so stuff like teen pregnancy and out-of-wedlock aren't as problematic as they once were. Once again, don't judge. You're not the moral police and you're not perfect.
"White people are doing it too!" is a gross deflection tactic. Don't stoop to that. It's an incredibly weedy rebuttal. The fact that white people are doing X doesn't take away from the severity of Y that is happening within the black community. White people could be dropping 10 kiloton gun-type fission nuclear bombs on each other and I would (hopefully) still be having this conversation with you on Iwaku.

But when it gets to the stage where 72 percent of black children are born out of wedlock? When it gets to the point where approximately 63 percent of black children are currently living in a single-parent home? When we come to the road where your sloppy actions increase the chances of your child dropping out of high school, running afoul of the law, or producing yet more bastard children at a young age? Then yes, it is a problem. A big one. One that people like you attempt to sweep underneath the rug for some strange, obscured reason.

And for what? To be politically correct? Below are some more links, but they're probably all fake and biased anyway:

http://www.chron.com/life/mom-houston/article/72-of-black-babies-born-to-unwed-moms-data-1709669.php

http://newsone.com/1195075/children-single-parents-u-s-american/

Granted, the 1950s wasn't some golden era where everything was peachy and creamy, but one must offer due homage to the raw strength of the black community during that trying point in this nation's history.

sweep.under.rug.ecard_sm.jpg

Honestly, the *probable* reason why you bash the stereotypical 1950s housewife is because it doesn't mesh well with the modern feminist movement.

Luckily for you and I, studies show that marriage isn't necessarily required to raise a successful child. What counts most is if both parents take a vested interest in their offspring's upbringing and exercise quality co-parental skills.

And no, I'm not going to stop judging anyone or anything. Judgement is natural. It's a primal facet of the human psychological model. It's a survival mechanism handed down to us all by Mother Evolution herself. And because I, as a black person, must endure scrutiny from people that experience instances of black dysfunction, it's only fitting that I get a say in how you people act. I'm not going to carry this load on my back and let you sit here and try to cram some bullshit "DON'T JUDGE ME PLEASE" victimization rhetoric down my throat.

Go ahead. Spam this post with more negative down votes.

At the end of the day, these women wield unprecedented power over black men. If most of the men that you run into are deadbeat simps, then don't lay with them. If that means letting your biological clock run out then so be it.

BGR can go take a hike.

Somewhat unrelated, but call me when you actually manage to NOT be worse off than the Jim Crow generation when it comes to unemployment statistics, family health, and overall social demeanor.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
Hm...​
Should someone lock this thread?​

Of course race profiling and falsified statistics exist, but if personal experiences aren't valid, if statistics are biased and false, and if the media is malice incarnate, how then do we gauge the state of black america? By pretending that everything is made up, how do we even begin to address the problem? You can't even tolerate anyone critiquing this group without doubling back to false allegations of racism and discrimination. That's a toxic and ultimately self-destructive mindset to harbor. Soon, you'll start proclaiming that I despise myself or that I'm an Uncle Ruckus clone. These types of petty accusations are overbearingly common in the black community. Just ask Charles Barkley, Bill Cosby, or Doctor Ben Carson.

Daniel Patrick Moynihan's controversial 1965 report outlined the delicate relationship between the nuclear family, welfare dependency, and black advancement. But as usual, a cadre of two-part pimp civil rights simpletons like Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson denounced the report. They claimed it was discriminatory, reinforced negative stereotypes about black people, and placed unfair blame upon the victim.

Gee, that sounds shockingly familiar.

This website is an attempted reexamination of the report, but it's honestly just reaffirming Moynihan's predictions. The only thing that seems to have improved (child wise) is that black children aren't as poor as they used to be. This may be owed to the greater employment prospects brought on by integration, the larger number of blacks that are enrolling into (and completing degrees at) higher education institutions, or the bolstering effect that federal welfare has on a single mother's (or father's) annual income.

The marriage penalties that accompanies welfare don't help either.

What are you talking about? WBC has nothing to do with my issues with the black church. Furthermore, my experiences don't cloud my judgement, but they DO diametrically influence my initial perception of things that I encounter.

But my gripe with the black church?

That can't be explained or deconstructed with one post. Something that big requires a debate thread or a PM conversation.

"White people are doing it too!" is a gross deflection tactic. Don't stoop to that. It's an incredibly weedy rebuttal. The fact that white people are doing X doesn't take away from the severity of Y that is happening within the black community. White people could be dropping 10 kiloton gun-type fission nuclear bombs on each other and I would (hopefully) still be having this conversation with you on Iwaku.

But when it gets to the stage where 72 percent of black children are born out of wedlock? When it gets to the point where approximately 63 percent of black children are currently living in a single-parent home? When we come to the road where you're sloppy actions increase the chances of your child dropping out of high school, running afoul of the law, or producing yet more bastard children at a young age? Then yes, it is a problem. A big one. One that people like you attempt to sweep underneath the rug for some strange, obscured reason.

And for what? To be politically correct? Below are some more links, but they're probably all fake and biased anyway:

http://www.chron.com/life/mom-houston/article/72-of-black-babies-born-to-unwed-moms-data-1709669.php

http://newsone.com/1195075/children-single-parents-u-s-american/

Granted, the 1950s wasn't some golden era where everything was peachy and creamy, but one must offer due homage to the raw strength of the black community during that trying point in this nation's history.

sweep.under.rug.ecard_sm.jpg

Honestly, the *probable* reason why you bash the stereotypical 1950s housewife is because it doesn't mesh well with the modern feminist movement.

Luckily for you and I, studies show that marriage isn't necessarily required to raise a successful child. What counts most is if both parents take a vested interest in their offspring's upbringing and exercise quality co-parental skills.

And no, I'm not going to stop judging anyone or anything. Judgement is natural. It's a primal facet of the human psychological model. It's a survival mechanism handed down to us all by Mother Evolution herself. And because I, as a black person, must endure scrutiny from people that experience instances of black dysfunction, it's only fitting that I get a say in how you people act. I'm not going to carry this load on my back and let you sit here and try to cram some bullshit "DON'T JUDGE ME PLEASE" victimization rhetoric down my throat.

Go ahead. Spam this post with more negative down votes.

At the end of the day, these women wield unprecedented power over black men. If most of the men that you run into are deadbeat simps, then don't lay with them. If that means letting your biological clock run out then so be it.

BGR can go take a hike.

Somewhat unrelated, but call me when you actually manage to NOT be worse off than the Jim Crow generation when it comes to unemployment statistics, family health, and overall social demeanor.
If it's such a HUGE problem and issue to you, why don't you try doing something about it instead of being the main reason why programs like BGR exist? You can judge all you want but as long as you do, you're gonna get scrutiny from the black community (don't be surprised if you even end up getting physically hurt) and regardless of what race you are, you have no say in how we act because it's none of your business and because you don't bother to help anyone. If you're not gonna offer anything to help and if you're gonna continue to be a disgrace to your race, SHUT UP AND HAVE A SEAT. Fine those issues may exist in the black community but unlike you, I actually know that things aren't as black and white as they seem, I care about my fellow man and will uplift and help them instead of being an asshole, and I don't judge. I'm not sweeping anything underneath the rug. I approach them with an open mind and with understanding and compassion which is something you obviously lack. The world isn't black and white, you don't know everything, and like I said before, as long as people like you exist on this Earth, programs like BGR will continue to exist. You know nothing about me so don't assume that I'm from the Jim Crow generation or that I'm anything like them (which I'm not). I'm probably much better off than you will ever be with that pathetic attitude. The reason why you're getting scrutiny from your community is because of how stuck-up, obnoxious, and uncaring you are looking. You look down at people who are less fortunate than you or lives a different lifestyle than you. Instead of acting like a victim and claiming your fellow man is mistreating you, how about actually looking at yourself and seeing WHY they're doing it? You deserve to be treated the way you are with your terrible attitude and demeanor. Call me when you actually learn how to properly approach things, not be a disgrace to your own race, and when you have a much better attitude than you currently have.

Reactions: LunaValentine
Naw, you right Serky, 'cuz once someone has to go'n bring in that tired mess of [btn=mode|http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/jowh/summary/v015/15.1harris.html]respectability politics[/btn]-- that shit goes down hill real quick.

• Useful
Reactions: Ser K+
Naw, you right Serky, 'cuz once someone has to go'n bring in that tired mess of [btn=mode|http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/jowh/summary/v015/15.1harris.html]respectability politics[/btn]-- that shit goes down hill real quick.
Sorry dude :( I ignored ASTA so I won't see anything that moron posts.

It's okay Sacred, it was the usual shit. Like I could expend that extra energy point in my MP bar to give the scrappiest, teensiest of worms of doubt 'cuz like for example, the Asian community got hella problems in itself like our battle against the model minority stereotype, the fact we're used as a whole to denigrate black and latino communities because of that "why can't you be a good minority like them asians???" and the anti-blackness we got bubblin' in our stew'n shit.

But like, if this ain't some of the most staunch-ass, bullheaded, tunnel-visioned, Bad End, salt the earth and raze the ground nonsensery fuckass foolishness I've seen that looks like it's trying so hard (so HARD, lah!) to at least bring to light that all communities suffer maladies brought upon them by a vaaaaast number of extenuating circumstances but actually drops the ball so hard and so fast it's readin' more like throwin' people under the bus from Speed with Keanu Reeves and Sandra Bullock because fuckin' the best thing to do to make sure Black Girls Rock and other such type shit don't get made is to make sure they know they ain't shit, won't be shit because: things. things that usually ignore the specific set of reasons of why that shit is.

Makes my old ass older and I'm still eatin' breakfast. Things Don't Happen In a Vacuum. Google is a Friend. These conversations are older than some of our own members etc. etc. yada yada yare yare

http://www.msnbc.com/melissa-harris-perry/the-mhp-black-feminism-syllabus

*See's this turned into threats of violence and race shaming*

I can't believe I'm asking this but... Mods? Admins? Can we close this thread now?

Ok... Since I'm not the only one... And since this thread does NOT have a debate tag.

@Diana
Do you mind?
Close down this thread please.
It's lost it's meaning along with it's dignity.

• Thank You
Reactions: Gwazi Magnum
This thread might have become slightly too heated. Go do the ice bucket challenge and cool off for a while, and in the meantime we'll proceed to close this thread for now :)

Status
Not open for further replies.