Black Friday 2015: Did you fight anyone for a $5 sale on some shit you don't need?

My hatred of Black Friday is on the same tier as ISIS and anti-vaxxers.

It's a day immediately following a holiday about making time to remember what you're thankful what you already have with a day where people beat the shit out of one another and trample others for shit they don't need.

It's the ultimate first world problem.

Actually now. A lot of stores in America start Black Friday on Thursday. So it isn't even a day after anymore.

Jorick, I'm going to fight you for this Black Friday deal on an item that wouldn't even glanced at at any other moment in my life.

Worked for a Bed Bath Beyond for Black Friday one year. BB&B doesn't do sales, or hardly ever does them, even on Black Friday. Just that 20% coupon. That didn't stop people from swarming the place though.

Reactions: Windsong
o_o

I knew it was bad. I never imagined it to be this bad. Oh, how naive I was. This is pretty darn scary.

Doesn't stop me from envying you all for celebrating Thanksgiving. Food <3

However, you may keep Black Friday. Seriously.

I was forced to go out and buy a new work coat because my old one picked today to have the zipper explode. Thing is super beat up an ye olde, but man I feared for my life going to the store.

Turns out, the store I needed to go to was no more busy than an average night. I still apologized profusely to the cashier for being an asshole who went shopping on Black Friday, but they were nice and not frustrated.

I also didn't buy a sale item so I didn't profit from my misfortune. Darn.

NOPE I SHOPPED ONLINE.
HELLO SALES. BYEBYE DANGER.

To be honest, I was really tempted by some stores having an "In Store Only" tag, but then I convinced myself it was worth it :3

• Love
Reactions: Windsong
Picked up Diablo 3: REAPA' OF SOULS for the PS4 and Divinity: Original Sin: Enhanced Edition for PS4 as well. Woo stoned couch co-op for me and the Missus.

Jorick, I'm going to fight you for this Black Friday deal on an item that wouldn't even glanced at at any other moment in my life.
I'll fucking kill you just for the chance of a bargain. Don't fuck with me, kid.

Got a new water boiler at Lowe's for 60% off.
Seriously. 700$ boiler for 360$ after tax.

I think that's a damn good deal.

Did a little shopping online before I went in for my 1pm shift.

I was a little worried it would be crazy, but I work for a small town grocer and it was almost dead.
Everyone must have gone to the big stores to shop today.

What the fuck is wrong with these people.
Vanity and greed in great abundance, trained and beaten in during childhood.

The decline of American culture is fascinating. Reminds me a great deal of Rome in its failing days.

Vanity and greed in great abundance, trained and beaten in during childhood.

The decline of American culture is fascinating. Reminds me a great deal of Rome in its failing days.

What, it will split in two and the East will go on to become incredibly rich and powerful under new branding and the West will slowly wither away into a bunch of barbarian sacked kingdoms?

Man, California is going to be double fucked.

Nope. I was tempted to go see if I could get one of the signed books at Barnes and Noble, but they probably would not have had the one I wanted anyway so it wasn't worth it.

Normally my dad and uncles LOVE Black Friday. It is never good getting those two together, but we didn't go see that uncle this year so no fun stories for this year.
Two or three years ago my dad got pepper sprayed at Walmart, though.

I huddle at home in fear, because I do not wish to deafen myself with exposure to the horrid screeching that is sure to accompany any black friday sale.

I have all I want and need already. I'll be fine without it.

What, it will split in two and the East will go on to become incredibly rich and powerful under new branding and the West will slowly wither away into a bunch of barbarian sacked kingdoms?

Man, California is going to be double fucked.
And northerners will come down upon them once more, sacking everything.

Basicly. US will be rome, and then Canada suddenly becomes Visigoth and Vandals, plundering and sacking "rome"

Did I fight anyone over something as in-significant as a cheaper price? No. Thank-fuly I'm not that retarded nor do I ever plan on becoming; if and vhen I have the need to fight someone I need a valid reason for it. What I did, vas stay nicely at home, vatch a few... iluminating... videos on the subject, and laugh my ass off at all those morons fumbling over one-another like lemmings, for some piece of crap consumer product. No... actualy thats a insult to lemmings. More like mind-controled zombies, adicted to flashy useless gadgets and incapable of critical thinking. I'm honestly sorry for them.

And northerners will come down upon them once more, sacking everything.

Basicly. US will be rome, and then Canada suddenly becomes Visigoth and Vandals, plundering and sacking "rome"

We prefer the terms Visihosers and Vanbuddies, thank you very much.

Thankfully I managed to get most of my shopping done before the holidays started aside from a few select items. Humans can be rather terrible during the "artificially created cheapening of shoddy products while raising the price of other products to more than make up for it" time of the year. I don't understand the selfishness that is created in others over things. I guess that is what happens when the need for survival has been mostly eliminated.

I wasn't gonna do black Friday... But then I found some REALLY nifty deals for Assassin creed games. So I got assassin creed revelations DLC, 3 DLC, and black flag DLC's. Then I got assassin creed Rogue deluxe edition and AC syndicate with DLC stuff... All of which were SUPER cheap.