Black Fall - Superhuman OOC (Closed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I might have an idea. This party, it could be something open to the public, that way any and all characters can attend. How about...a fair!? That way, anyone can jump in.

I might have an idea. This party, it could be something open to the public, that way any and all characters can attend. How about...a fair!? That way, anyone can jump in.

GENIUS!

It'll probably be a boat/christmas fair in Arcadia Heights, or The Counterpoint.

Yeah, that makes sense ^^.

Oh, I have a question. How's the climate? Does it snow in Black Fall?

It's pretty cold actually, given that it's almost winter. It does snow aplenty because I wuv snow.

Especially in my RPs.

I hope so too. I don't want to start prematurely (I.E when we don't have enough people).

Anyways, I still might make an extra character that isn't associated with my existing characters.

I just get a bit bitter, honestly...when people express an interest and then disappear for several days.

I don't mean to be a cranky guy, but it gets a bit tedious when interest is expressed and then people just leave. I mean, it's totally fine to change ones opinion and choose not to make a character after interest has been expressed but it would be very appreciated to get an update about that change of heart.

I fully understand and share those sentiments, but I tend to be the guy who moves on with what he's got. But I'll tell you what, if we don't get enough peeps by wednesday, I'll start the IC anyway.

In the meantime, I'll be making this new character. I might also post a trans character I made a while back.

Baawww, I got all excites.

Basic Information
Name: Nathan O'Shay
Nickname/Alias/Etc: Nate, Shay,
Height: 6ft 1in
Weight: 80-85 kg

Appearance
Hair Color: Brown
Eye Color: Green
Ethnicity: White British
Physical Appearance: Nathans hair sits messily on top of his head in a tousled mess which never sees comb or gel. His features are strong and masculine, is square jaw lined with hints of stubble. His nose is slightly too big, but only noticeable after close examination or after knowing him for a while. He has bold honest eyes, framed with long lashes sitting beneath two natural eyebrows. His lips are soft but masculine, framing a set of perfect teeth which rarely see the light of day.

He was once exceedingly muscular, a hulking form due to hours dedicated to sport, namely boxing. However recent events have led to him losing his stature, and while he is still fairly muscular it is more toned than defined. His skin is littered with the occasional spot but is mostly flawless. Being English (though with Irish decent) originally his sin is relatively pale and refuses to tan under any circumstance.

Both his fore arms are encased in tattoo sleeves, composed entirely of writing. Hundreds of different sentences litter each arm, each on a quote from classic literature that holds meaning to him. A few snake past the elbow towards his biceps but he hasn't had a new one in months. The biggest on the left arm was his first, sprawling across the firm skin of his forearm in cursive letters reading simply "why not?". The last is located on the upper half of his right forearm, near the small of his elbow which reads "Even Snow must melt". Beyond these elaborate designs he has one more tattoo on his left shoulder. A tribal design that reaches across his toned back, spiralling into nothing.

Attire: Usually wears jeans and a comfy coat or hoody. His head is usually encased in a light grey beanie which holds great value to him, a simple gift from his sister. Beyond that he doesn't really care what he wears, fashion means little to him.

Personality

Personality: At heart, Nathan is a very giving and honest person, reluctant to cause pain. He can be hard to get to know, not that he holds secrets, but he only tells what he is asked. He is accepting of most people and very open with others concerning his opinions. He is a fan of humor and practical jokes which he often commits and which most agree are hilarious, except the target.

He has a very strict sense of morality inculcated into him by his father at an early age. He will always fight for what is right and would rather die than see another person die in his place. When he fails to live up to his own morality he gets deeply depressed and filled with self-loathing. Due to the unrealistic nature of his morality and the cruel nature of the world as a whole this happens often and Nate often struggles to find ways to cope and maintain his optimistic outlook.

He is also very proud and sees complaining or even telling others of his problems as a weakness. Part of this can be attributed to his kind nature, as he sees telling others of his problems as burdening someone with them as well. Due to this ethos he has a tendency to bottle up his frustrations and in the past this wasn't a problem. He could let it out in the ring, releasing his pent up rage and frustration. However in recent times an outlet has been lacking and he has begun lashing out at friends and loved ones, both verbally and emotionally.

He is a creature of impulse, as seen in the nature of his first tattoo, rarely considering the consequences of his actions. This is also combined with an addictive nature, resulting in the various bad habits Nathan has adopted. He has a weakness for the simple pleasures in life and often indulges in them. He rarely thinks of the future, lives in the present all in a desperate attempt to forget his past.

Hobbies/Interests: Boxing, Guitar, Snooker/pool, drinking

Skills/Talents: Was previously a contestant for the under eighteens British national light-heavyweight championship several months ago. Recently he has boxed less but he still retains a great deal of skill at the sport. He has played guitar since he was very young, first acoustic then electric, teaching himself as much as he could. He is an ace at snooker, often hustling people for a few hundred using the money to fund his tattoos. Spending so much time in pubs from an early age has given him a great tolerance to alcohol allowing him to out drink even full grown men.

Prized Possession: A simple Black zippo lighter with the Jack Daniels logo engraved into the side a pure white.

Quote(s): (all of these are tatted on his forearms somewhere) "why not", "I go by Cain's Heresy", "It is the confession, not the priest, that gives absolution", "faith is only a word, embroidered", she generally gave herself very good advice (though she seldom followed it)" to name a few

History/Bio:
Nathan was born into a small suburban family on the outskirts of London in a small semidetached house with his younger sister and mother. His mother worked as a night nurse at one of the local clinics, leaving them alone for the night. His father was a fighter pilot in the RAF, flying mostly recon missions over Middle Eastern warzones. He was good at what he did, successfully flying hundreds of missions. Nathan was proud of his father and admired him greatly though he rarely got the chance to see him. Nathans uncle took his place as a father figure, looking after Nathan and helping to guide him through his life.
He was only nine when the two policemen arrived at his doorstep. He was flying a routine mission when he encountered a threat he had yet to see. All they could tell his family was that a meta was involved. His mother broke down into tears then and there. For Nathan it took a little longer. He put on a brave front, spoke very little and only cried when he was alone a night. His sister to suffered from the loss, withdrawing inside herself and refusing to speak to anyone.
As he grew older Nathan continued to struggle with the loss of his father, spending more and more time in the company of his uncle. The sudden and blunt exposure to death at such an early age sparked a rebellious streak inside him that had lay dormant. By the age of twelve he was getting into fights at school and was in trouble with the teachers almost every day. It was his uncle's suggestion that he started boxing, and knowing it was his uncles choice he embraced it happily.
By the age of fourteen his rebellious nature and tough physique gained him quite the reputation at school, the sort that was swiftly followed by popularity. Unfortunately popularity corrupts and he soon found himself surrounded with superficial friends while bullying those who couldn't fight back. He was an avid member of most sports teams, being a jack of all trades rather than a master of any, with the exception of boxing of course. It was this time as well that he got his first tattoos, a friend of his uncles more than happy to take his hard earned money.
In the years that followed he told himself he was enjoying life, drinking, smoking and dabbling in any drugs he and the other "popular kids" could get his hands on. Girls would show interest of course, his popularity demanded it but they never lasted as he struggled to care for anything left in life. He would spend his days drifting through school and his nights out with his "friends".
It was around this time he discovered his meta powers. It had been a hard night out and the alcohol was still coursing through his system. These nights were the hardest for him, memories flooded back to him, the loss of his father mostly. He was walking home through one of the forests that surrounded his neighborhood when his anger and rage had become simply too much. A roar erupted from his lips as the night sky erupted with light, dozens of bolts striking the forest around him at once.
The discovery both literally and figuratively shocked him. Knowing his father died at the hands of a meta filled Nathan with a deep self-loathing and he became determined to ignore his powers, refusing out right to ever use them again. He continued to ignore his powers in the years that followed.
That was until one night one something changed his mind. He was spending the night round a campfire, on one of the hills looking over the London suburbs. It was then one of his "friends" revealed their meta ability, creating balls of light that floated drearily into the night. Everyone else oohed and ahhed, staring on with awe. For the first time in a while the attention was focused on someone else and whether it was the alcohol in his system or the need to have the spotlight he boisterously declared he too had meta abilities.
Everyone else demanded a demonstration of course and for the first time since he had discovered his abilities he stood up and readied himself. A familiar roar broke his lips as he called down lightning down on upon the surrounding neighborhood. Everyone was amazed, naturally and the evening went on.
It wasn't until he got home that he discovered the consequences of his actions. His entire house was ablaze. His mother stood outside, tears streaking down her face. His sister was nowhere to be seen. The police on scene thought it might have been some random event which caused the fire, possibly a bolt of lightning…
Further investigations were to be carried out of course but Nathan had heard enough. He fell into a spiral of self-hatred and denial, loathing his very existence. He withdrew from the world once again, dropping off the social radar and skipping school. He drank heavily and did whatever drugs he could get his hands on to help forget. He also got his last tattoo, in honour of the life he inadvertently took. "Even Snow must melt"
Nathan's mother, desperate to fix what remained of her family decided the two of them should move to Black Fall for a fresh start. A desperate bid to forget their past. But as Nathan knows all too well, the past isn't something you can run from.

Family:
Father (deceased) - David O'Shay
Mother- Louise O'Shay
Sister (deceased)- Bree O'Shay
Uncle- Christian O'Shay
Relationships A new kid in a new town, doesn't know a soul.

Abilities
Power Class & Rating: Energy 7
Power: The ability to manipulate and control lightening. This allows Nathan to do a variety things.
Lightening manipulation- Nathan can call down Lightening bolts from the sky. If he is struck by the lightening he can store the energy and expel it again in the form of electrical bursts.

Weaknesses/Limitations/Drawbacks: Nathan can only contain the energy inside him for short amounts of time and it becomes increasingly difficult to contain and control as time goes on. After about ten minutes it is unstable enough to tear him apart in a small explosion of electrical energy. And of course Nathan has to be outside to use his ability or have some sort of opening from which lightening can strike through. The act of drawing the electricity into his body physically pains him and leaves him with a harsh burn wherever the lighting struck. (Usually on his shoulders and upper arms.) His powers are also subject to water as it interferes with it's accuracy, making it unpredictable and dangerous. As a result Nathan refuses to even consider using it in water environment uncase he accidentally takes another innocent life.

Other: The lightening strike energises him, curing him of fatigue and allows him to overcome his injuries. When the high wears off however he is usually very weak and his wounds remain unhealed.

Sample Post:
"Hey Frank," Nathan shouted down the bar to the man joylessly cleaning glasses at the other end. The man looked up and approached Nathan, he appeared glad of something to do."Two more" Nathan said quietly as the man placed two more shots of whiskey in front of him. Frank was a friend of his uncle so had no problem serving a minor.

Nathan picked up a shot in each hand and downed first on than the other, relishing the burning sensation at the back of his throat. To most it was unpleasant but to Nate it helped him ignore the burning sensation in his heart. Drinking numbed it at least. He doubted not even time would make it fade completely.

Nathan slapped a ten pound note down on the counter before turning to leave the pub, not that he wanted to but that was his last tenner. Taking a step outside he pulled the grey beanie out from his pocket and stared listlessly at the material. A single tear rolled down his cheek before his depression was followed by a burning rage. A roar broke his lips as a bolt of lightning struck the tarmac in front of him melting parts and twisting others as it cracked and hissed in the cold morning air.

A gentle sob broke his lips as he began to walk back to the small apartment his mother had been renting after the divorce. It was only temporary, she had told him. She wanted to move to America, somewhere new. He wasn't sure about it. All he knew was that life as it was couldn't get any worse.

- Final draft I swear :L

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah... give him a different power. Absorbing "Life force" always go wrong in an RP. Also, Imma a little iffy about the "power removing surgery" portion of his history. That wouldn't have worked unless they removed (or tampered with) the energy that supplies powers. Which is nigh-impossible to remove except by a power.

Aw damn, okay give me a sec, might have to change his back story a bit to fit then.

... Well there goes the electrokinetic I was going to make. lol

I have to ask how he would use lightning manipulation to assist in boxing. That shit ain't subtle. lol

I think the power should have some more weaknesses since, by default, it's very powerful. Capable of one-shotting pretty much anyone. What I suggest is that he's not completely immune to it. Such as when he calls down strikes of lightning, he electrocutes himself (burns, pain, and nerve problems) a bit. I also say that being in contact with water interferes with his powers.

Ahaha sorry, and I was thinking he powers up before a round, gets completely energised and gets the knock out immediately. His uncle would keep like a relay composed of several empty car batteries in the changing rooms where he would dispel most of the energy.

And sure the water weakness sounds good. He has to have some sort of immunity to be able to survive the lightning strike in the first place but yeah I'm okay with suffering superficial injuries. I was thinking it would take him a while to summon the lightning in the first place as well.

Alright, that makes more sense than him shocking someone in a boxing ring. It'd be like putting brass knuckles under boxing gloves. lol

And technically, immunity or not, drawing electricity into his body could stop his heart. But we're going to artistic license our way through that.

Status
Not open for further replies.