IC Black City

STELLA
Bella didn't have time to respond to the news of Percy's arrival, as not a moment later they were joined by the man in question. Stella brightened immediately at his greeting, a broad grin filling her face. It was a rare treat to see him, as Percy was a busy man, highly sought after for his talent. He made time for her, however, and that was what counted. Even if it was less time than she wanted. But considering how long she had gone without seeing him before, he was practically suffocating her.

Percy wrapped an arm around her shoulders and pulled her into a side hug, she returned the gesture with a tight squeeze around his ribs, her drink sloshing precariously in her hand. Stella was unsurprised to see her brother had put so much effort into his outfit. It was unimaginable that he'd show up in anything less than a stellar outfit. Stellar being a fitting word, based as much on their family as on his facial decoration.

Stella chuckled at his comment. Atlantis was a good film, and she was glad to be likened to it. She liked to think she was more suave than the protagonist, but she was happy to pretend to be him for an evening. Stella giggled. She had hoped someone would ask something like that. Her goofy grin didn't falter.

"I found this fine skeleton, an archaeological wonder," she said, gesturing to Bella. "Date still unknown, but it's got to be ancient." Stella let a beat pass. It was barely a joke, but she was amused, even if neither of them laughed.

"This is my brother, Percy," Stella said, nudging the man with her elbow. "And this is Bella, my date!" She said, broadly smiling at the girl.
Code by wren.

• What a TWIST
Reactions: MaryGold
hh
hh
JODELLE
To Keaton😌🤘🏻🔧: Yo! I'm at Stella's party! Were you coming out or did you find something better to do on this fine Halloween night?

To Keaton 😌🤘🏻🔧: OH! And I DID manage to find a good costume! So ha! :p

Jodelle slipped her phone into the shitty hand sewn pocket on her Spider-Man costume. Spider-Woman? Spider-Person? It didn't really matter! Although now, she was lowkey wondering if she should have decided on the Ash and Pikachu costume she'd overlooked. The suit on her was skin tight. It accentuated her every curve quite nicely, but it also made her feel a bit… self-conscious? Sure, she thought she looked hot, but it wasn't too much, was it?

Leaning against the wall, she anxiously sipped her drink as she people watched. One girl was dressed as a sexy cowardly lion, and another was wrapped in caution tape, a clear nod to Lady Gaga's Telephone music video. Hot. So she was fine!!

Jo felt compelled to follow the tall man's silhouette when he walked in. First off, he was considerably taller than most of the people in the room. And she was pretty tall, so that was saying a lot. She also couldn't help but notice he was carrying brownies. Banana bread at work was great, but brownies at a party were even better! Plus they gave her something to talk about.

After grabbing one (definitely out of the special batch), Jodelle swiftly ate half for good luck and made her way over to the tall guy in the corner. She had to congratulate him on the bomb brownies. And she could always use Stella and Belle as a crutch if she got herself into something too weird.

Slowly, she side stepped from one side of the wall to the other, settling herself in next to the guy who she now noticed had great hair. Possibly another thing to talk about. "I saw you brought the brownies, and I had to come say, they're fucking delicious." She nodded, taking another bite with a chuckle.
@Dusk | @peach
LOCATION | INTERACTIONS | MENTIONS
code by wren.

Last edited:
  • Bucket of Rainbows
  • Love
Reactions: peach and Dusk
Genji

Genji noticed a blue and red shape in his peripheral vision. A rather cute shape if he was seeing correctly, and made a mental note admiring the form of whoever inhabited the suit. Respectfully, of course.

He found himself eavesdropping on their conversation, standing silently and flat faced against the wall.

Oh, someone else brought brownies too? I guess I'm not surprised, they're pretty popular.
Hundreds of miles away, Shane felt a migraine coming on.

Genji blinked, making a mental note to check out the opposing sides brownies before a horrific realization jerked him to reality and nearly knocked him off his feet. FUCK SHE'S TALKING TO ME.

Genji turned towards Jodelle, his face slightly pink as he leaned one arm against the wall and rubbed the back of his neck with the other. "My sister made them, I'm glad they survived the drive." He chuckled awkwardly.

"Uh, sorry about that. I didn't realize you were talking to me…" He mused, cheeks lightly dusted with pink. " I'm Genji," He introduced, extending his free hand to her. "Pleasure to meet you…?" He trailed off, waiting politely for her to introduce herself.

Real smooth Genji. Great.

@Ghostie
Code by Jenamos

• Love
Reactions: Ghostie
hh
hh
JODELLE
Jodelle pursed her lips at first, anxiety stealthily creeping its way through her when she thought her compliment went unnoticed. Maybe she wasn't loud enough over the music? Her anxiousness slightly alleviating, turning her nervous lip bite into a chuckle once the man realized she was indeed talking to him about said brownies.

Her anxiety was basically nonexistent once she noticed the faint pink tinge to his cheeks. Cool so he's nervous too. "Tell her I said my compliments to the chef." Jo smiled with a chuckle, mentally kicking herself in the ass for being a bit of a lame ass with her comeback. "It's all good," she shook her head nonchalantly with a wave of her hand, "I'm Jodelle, it's a pleasure." Jo smiled, unsure if she should hold out a hand for him to shake or not.

"You mentioned the brownies not making the drive, so I assume you aren't from Black City?" Jo questioned as she took a sip of her drink. Small talk (and talking in general) was one of her strong suits, especially when it came to her line of work.
@peach
code by wren.

• Love
Reactions: peach
hh
hh
ARABELLA
Arabella laughed with a shake of her head when Stella apologized for scaring her. It wasn't her fault Bella was a jumpy scaredy cat. "You're fine, you know I'm just a little bundle of nerves sometimes." She took another sip of her drink, her comment about being a bundle of nerves ringing even more true at the mention of Stella's brother.

She'd all but forgotten he was even coming into town, and she knew for a fact Stella had told her. It wasn't like she didn't care or anything, she was just one of the most absentminded people she'd ever known. She was nervous as all hell for them to meet for the first time, but she was more excited to see how happy Stella got when she saw him. That would be the highlight of her night.

Belle didn't get a chance to voice her small bouts of concern before they were joined by a considerably fashionable rock star whom she could only imagine was the famous Perseus Altair! Arabella could do nothing but smile at the wholesome interaction between Stella and her brother. It made her wish she would've also invited her sister. Layla would've loved a party like this.

She and Stella chuckled in unison at Percy's comment on Stella looking akin to Milo Thatcher. Awh, they should've made a plan before then to watch the movie together in their costumes! Bella would have to make the suggestion later on. She put on a beaming smile, striking a pose as Stella showed her off as the "archeological wonder" she was for the night. Arabella giggled, giving a small wave to Percy as he greeted her and Stella began to introduce the two.

"Hi, it's so nice to finally meet you!" Arabella went in for a quick hug, hoping it wouldn't be too much since they'd just met and all. She was a hugger. "Stella's told me so much about you."
code by wren.

• Sweet
Reactions: Dusk
Genji

Genji gave her a crooked smirk, cocking a brow at her in interest. What a pretty girl.
He made a quiet hum, crossing his arms and leaning a shoulder to the wall beside them.

"Yeah, I drove up from New Tokyo last night." Genji explained, "I visit a lot." He added, pulling his gaze back up to her face to keep them from wandering. Dude, keep it together. You've talked to a girl before, chill.

She is really lovely though… And way too fucking cool for me.

" Do you want a drink? I think the bar is set up over there." He mentioned as casually as one could, pointing towards the table of alcohol and mustering up an ounce of courage to come off as smooth. Stella seemed busy right? She probably wouldn't mind him stopping over to say hi later on in the night.

@Ghostie
Code by Jenamos