Black cat can be lucky too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sophia grinned brightly at that "great! Then tomorrow I'm going to make brownies for us!" she laughed and curled up slightly on her side to face the cat "so Darren, what does you being a cat actually effect? Other than you being a cat, I mean if you can read and write and eat normal food so what does it bother?"

Black meowed, how could he tell her?
He got up, took the notepad into his mouth, and dragged it over.
He laid back down a little closer to his I C-A-N-T F-I-N-D L-O-V-E
She was asking something he found hard to face, it made his body tremble lightly.
T-H-E I-D-E-A I-S, N-O-B-O-D-Y W-I-L-L E-V-E-R L-O-V-E M-E B-E-C-A-U-S-E I A-M A C-A-T, S-O I W-I-L-L F-O-R-E-V-E-R B-E L-I-K-E T-H-I-S.
I-T-S B-E-C-A-U-S-E I A-M S-T-I-L-L A-T-T-R-A-C-T-E-D T-O H-U-M-A-N-S.

Sophia nodded slowly as she read "wow, that's...harsh. But I'm sure you'll find someone. It's like that Disney movie beauty and the beast, it doesn't matter what you look like because there will always be someone to love you" she told him then paused "wait, being stuck in that forest for so long" she trailed off "have you ever actually even seen a film before?"

He placed his paw on no.
Black had heard people talk about films when they walked through the forest, but he had never seen one.
He purred I H-A-V-E-N-T L-E-F-T T-H-O-S-E G-R-O-U-N-D-S F-O-R O-V-E-R 1-3-0 Y-E-A-R-S.

Sophia gave a gasp in excitement "we can spend tomorrow watching films and I finally have a reason to cook and bake! I love cooking and making treats but I'm normally the only one to eat them but you're here now and you could seriously do with some meat going on those bones"

Black enjoyed her excitement, she was so upbeat about small things.
Y-O-U A-R-E A-D-O-R-E-A-B-L-E W-H-E-N Y-O-U T-A-L-K A-B-O-U-T T-H-I-N-G-S Y-O-U E-N-J-O-Y
It was supposed to be a compliment, but thinking about it, it probably sounded like a really bad way to flirt.
He looked at her and stretched slightly.

Sophia gave a small giggle "sorry, I love Disney and baking. You've got so much amazing stuff to catch up on man and we only have such a small time to get through everything before I leave" she told him then sighed "I just wish there was an easier and way to communicate that this"

Black thought, he thought long, and he thought hard.
The only way you'll find freedom is when you find love..
That's all that went through his head, if he finds love.
In a friend? As in a partner?

Sophia didn't love him, they had only just met.
But she liked him, did that count?
Was there something that needed to happen?
Did she need to say something to him?
Nobody will ever accept you like that.

Sophia accepted him, didn't she?
Black jumped up and looked at the paper
A-C-C-E-P-T-A-N-C-E
L-O-V-E
A F-R-I-E-N-D
F-R-I-E-N-D
T-E-L-L M-E Y-O-U A-C-C-E-P-T M-E F-O-R M-E I-F Y-O-U D-O

If it worked, what would happen?
Would it hurt? She didn't know what he looked like.
What if it scared her?

Sophia blinked, she could tell he was thinking about something then she smiled and nodded "of course I accept you. I mean, I accepted you were a human in a cats body so why wouldn't I?" she asked and then wondered since that was only part of the curse would he regain his voice or get some sort of his past self back again because of that?

Black looked around, he circled hoping to see any changes in himself.
He went to meow but it came out as "Am I back?"
He froze and looked at her "Did that come from me?"
Black was confused, it sounded like his voice, was he imagining this? Could she hear or understand?

Sophia's eyes went wide and she gave a giddy laugh "oh my god! You're talking! You can speak now so that must mean some of the curse is gone" she said with a bright smile "guess we don't need the note pad now"

Black's eyes widened ''You.. You can hear my voice?''
He laid back down ''I guess we don't.''
Black looked at her ''Thank you.. So much..''

Sophia shook her head and reached down to scratch behind his ear again "it's ok. I'm glad I was able to help" she smiled then got up and put the notepad away "so, how does it feel to talk after so long?"

Black closed his eyes as she did, but instead of the normal purring, he groaned softly ''You have no idea how good that feels, than again, you don't have the body of a cat, so I can't even show you.'''
He chuckled as he sat up ''It's crazy, I never thought I would talk again.''
She helped him achieve something magical, she didn't care about the past, she just cared about now, about who he was.
He watched her as she put the notepad away ''You have helped me, and for that, I'll be forever grateful.. Is it weird to hear my voice?''

Sophia laughed and kept scratching the spot "it's a little weird to hear words coming out of a cat but it's nice to actually get to talk to you now without having to use the pad because that was just way too slow" she replied "I was wondering, why did you even approach me in the first place?"

He looked at her ''Because you kept coming back..''
Black could understand her curiosity, it wasn't something normal to do.
For all he knew she could've not liked cats, even if he was human.
He stretched slowly ''Nobody ever came back, but you, you were in the same spot, every single day. I watched you read, and I wondered why you kept coming back. When you read the book about.. well.. me, I knew I had to somehow contact you, let you know that the book you were reading was in a way, real.''

Sophia nodded as she listened "that was where my nan used to take me to read when I was little. She said that it was a special spot and good things were bound to happen there" she smiled softly "my nan always did have a way of telling the future that way. She's the one that got me the book and got me in to reading"

Black laid down, closer than before.
There was only a paws length in between them ''Well.. has anything good happened there for you yet?''
The story she told him about her nan, moved him. There is only one person in your family that will share that bond with you.
For him it was his sister, they had lost eachother, and just when he found her, everything got destroyed.

Sophia smiled softly and nodded "I met you there remember? I'd say that was a good thing. I've never become friends with someone this fast before, most think I'm weird or childish for liking fairy tales still"

Black couldn't believe she considered him her friend ''Well, yeah.. And it's not weird or childish, I think it's great that you still believe in the magic of stories that can drag us into a world we didn't know existed.''
He had always been a fan of the unknown, he had lived the unknown.

Status
Not open for further replies.