Black Cash - The Heist Themed RP [Slots Open!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jakers

Original poster
18/12/14, Washington D.C, [CLASSIFIED]
===================================

All we ever are to people is common thieves.

And that's all we're ever going to be... petty robberies. Maybe a thousand dollars or two sometimes. But that changes today.

Today, ladies and gentlemen, we're going to hit the banks... like no one ever has before. Millions of dollars. Enough to sort our lives out for at least a few years, upgrade our facilities. More weapons... not that we're short on weapons. But our main aim? Hit the books. Hit the news. We're going to be the ones to watch out for around here. It's all down to me and you people.

Gear up.

=======================================
Theme

If you hadn't figured it out already, this RP is going to be a freeform, heist/robbery-style RP. The main aim is obviously to enjoy yourself, but demonstrate your inner criminal professionalism. If you've ever played games from the PAYDAY line, then you'll know the kind of style I'm on about.

The aim is simple. Make a character, make a mask, gear up, and get down for some seriously intense roleplaying. My character, Templar, will be talking to you over a wireless headset which comes free in part of your gear. He will tell you the situation, if any cops are coming, and what to do in general. That's all the help you're going to get, however, everything else is up to you.

Details of heists will be announced on the IC threads by Templar, most of the time. When you aren't on a heist, you'll be chilling out in your very own criminal hangout area, with blackjack and hookers with exclusive access to firing ranges, sweet music, and everything an average criminal needs to bust into a safe. Feel free to interact with other playing characters when you aren't heisting. If a female criminal is around, then I don't mind romances so long as you don't engage in sexual intercourse in the hangout area. Then you will be chemically castrated. We're criminals, not a kinky room.

If being a bad guy just isn't for you, then you can also play as a member of the police, although that isn't the main focus of the RP, you are free to do so if you'd be happier to play as a policeman/woman. Please see the character sheet for more details, and yes, you can be a member of the SWAT or whatever, you don't have to be a common security guard! However, I'm not going to create a 'hangout room' like the criminals - it's up to you to make something like a police station if you choose to be a member of the police.

Now then, you are allowed to 'make' details of the area you're heisting as you go along. Don't be dependent on me for the RP; I'm just giving you the basic details of the heist such as 'Oh rob this bank' and 'Oh look out a SWAT team is coming to wreck you'. From what I say, feel free to make stuff up. That's the whole point of this RP - I'm testing your criminal intelligence you never knew you had, and your creativity. So feel free to say something like: 'A SWAT busts the blue door off its hinges, an MP5 submachine gun held firmly in his hands. Before he could fire, XXX clicks back the hammer of his revolver, and sends a bullet straight through his skull, killing him.'

Obviously, I would encourage not to do these actions in real life at all. You will get destroyed if you try it, duh. Just don't take this thing too seriously - like the PAYDAY franchise. It's fun being the bad guys/girls sometimes!

If there are any other questions, do it here in the OOC. If I see [[posts like this asking questions]] in the IC, I won't be a happy Jakers. And an angry Jakers... probably isn't very threatening at all, actually, but yeah. Ask questions here in the OOC; asking them in IC threads is against iwaku rules!

Rules

• No extreme godmoding. Whilst you're allowed to say that you shot a few cops and you're allowed (in fact, encouraged) to perform bad-ass actions in general, I don't want anything impossible becoming possible often. Such as throwing your gun at a group of guys and it kills ten people, then magically flies back into your hand. Just no.
  • If you're going to join this, please have the ability to use basic grammar. This includes commas, full stops, capital letters and even an exclamation mark if you're feeling brave. Just, for goodness sake, no catlike typing.
  • Please make an effort to make posts decently long. I'm not expecting two paragraphs to open a door, but keep it above one sentence so I know you're at least making an effort. The expected writing level is 'Adept' after all. If you aren't originally English, then I will obviously accept the odd typo now and again.
  • Swearing is most definietly allowed. But let's not use the c*** word, just because that's going too far. You can use it, but not often at all. Even f*** shouldn't be used /every/ post, just because I think professional criminals aren't all like 'f*** s*** f***ing f***hole!'
  • Don't be too much of an asshole to other players. You can have some friendly banter, but don't go shooting them in a leg or stealing tons of cash from them. You're together on this!
  • Enjoy yourself! And if you aren't enjoying yourself and want to leave the RP, please announce it here on the OOC rather than randomly disappearing. Got those rules? Good! Now then, character sheeeets!

Character Sheet - Criminal

This sheet is for the main focus of the RP, the criminals! Go ahead and be as original as possible; original characters are good characters.

Nickname: [Choose whatever. I don't want nicknames like 'Jim' or 'Bob'.]
Age: [21+ please. We don't want to encourage teenage robbery.]
Mask Appearance: [If you don't want a mask, leave this blank.]
General Appearance: [Be it a picture you drawn, a picture you found on the internet or just a description. Although I won't force you, try not to pick an anime picture.]
=================================
Signature Weapon: [If you don't have a main weapon you like to use and will go with whatever, leave this blank.]
Equipment: [What do you usually take with you? If you will take whatever provided, leave this blank. Also, nothing too overpowered. Such as high-end grenade launchers or a 50.cal machinegun. This is a robbery, not a mass murder.]
Special Skills: [I don't care about cooking. What robbery-type skills are you good at, kiddo.]
Criminal Bio: [Doesn't have to be too long. Something brief is fine.]
Relationships: [Any brothers? Lovers? Wives? Kids?]
Speech Colour: [When you type something in speech marks, I'd prefer it if you "coloured it like this." Choose a colour now, for simplicity.]

Character Sheet - Police (Optional Role)

If you don't want to be a nasty criminal and you'd prefer to play as a policeman/woman within the RP, go ahead! Also, the police chief/leader is an option for whoever's up for it.

Name: [Choose whatever. I don't want names like 'Jim' or 'Bob'.]
Ranking: [Are you a common security guard? Or a high-end SWAT officer?]
General Appearance: [Be it a picture you drawn, a picture you found on the internet or just a description. Although I won't force you, try not to pick an anime picture.]
Signature Weapon: [Usually the police are armed with stock weapons such as pistols and shotguns, but you can go with whatever so long as it isn't too crazy.]
Equipment: [What do you usually take with you? If you will take whatever provided, leave this blank. I would suggest things such as handcuffs and tazers, depending on the type of policeman you are.]
Special Skills: [I don't care about cooking. What policing-type skills are you good at, kiddo?]
Biography: [Doesn't have to be too long. Something brief is fine, as long as it explains how you got into the police.]
Speech Colour: [When you type something in speech marks, I'd prefer it if you "coloured it like this." Choose a colour now, for simplicity.]

Character Sheet - Hostage (Optional Role)

Do you have Stockholm Syndrome? Well, you're in luck, because if you would really like to (although you may get cable tied and kicked in a corner) then you can play as a hostage. I should also mention at this point that playing multiple characters is allowed if you can handle it, but only two at a time please!

Name: [Choose whatever. I don't want names like 'Jim' or 'Bob'.]
Job: [What is it that you do for a living? I would suggest anything so long as you have something to do with the heists so you aren't left out for the RP (Should you chose to be a hostage or not, that is.) Such as a reporter or an accountant, but do whatever makes you happy.]
Special Skills: [I don't care about cookin- oh wait, you're a hostage. Do whatever you like.]
Biography: [Doesn't have to be too long. Something brief is fine.]

Overview

And that's about all you need to know. If you're wondering about details of the heists, then I'm going for a mix of stuff. We'll start off with a 'classic' bank robbery for a bit of dosh, then maybe go and hit a meth lab. Depending on how this RP goes, I'll give you different heists.

If you have questions, remember, put them here, and I'd be more than happy to answer them!

Also, I'm open to suggestions for heists. If there's a super awesome badass mission you want to do, put the details of it here and we'll see if everyone else likes it as well as me. Then we might actually be able to do it!

If you're wondering how this RP is going to start once it's IC, then we'll be in the 'hangout room', which is actually a secret underground base for our little criminals here. In the hangout room, you can introduce your characters, gear up with the wide guns available, and if you want detalis of the mission, ask my character: Templar. (Who I'll make a CS for shortly.)

That's about it. I hope to see you joining us in:

{Black Cash}
((Oh, and if you like the look of this, feel free to rate this a thumbs up! It makes me feel good inside!))

Last edited by a moderator:
Nickname: Templar
Mask Appearance:
Army%20of%20two%20Knight%20Templar%20mask%20by%20onimaru.jpg
General Appearance:
johnny1.jpg
Signature Weapon: Although Templar usually doesn't take to the battlefield and is often advising his fellow criminals behind enemy lines at a computer screen, in an emergency situation he uses a USP.45 pistol, equipped with a laser sight and silencer, and spray-painted blue and red.

Equipment: Templar usually stays back in base to inform his troops of the situation, therefore he has countless computers and high-end server technology, as well as a small, black device he uses for high-end hacking. He also has a phone which has been hacked in a specific way so that he can change the sound of his voice. Templar also owns several EMP grenades stolen from a military area.

Special Skills: Templar is extremely good with a computer, making plans, and is the general
mastermind behind the plan. He doesn't possess much physical ability, which is why he gives the others info behind his headset, and stays back at his computers himself.
Criminal Bio: Almost everything known about Templar has been deleted from criminal information records. He has been reported from rumours to possess a high level of intelligence, and an unmatched mind to set out plans, and check on every single detail of the area. At the age of 20, he had hacked into his college's computer systems as a prank and disabled every facility there at a ransom, which was when his criminal life began. Seemingly disappearing from the view of the police, Templar now runs an underground master criminal area, and manages the illegal online deals of gear for his fellow criminals. Everything else about Templar's previous life and current life today has been hacked into by himself and deleted.

Relationships: Unknown.
Speech Colour: Yellow.

Side note: Yes, you can have multiple characters if you wish to play a policeman and a criminal AT THE SAME TIME :O :O :O, but that's only if you think you can handle it.

Oo this is a rather unique rp on iwaku i might join, but maybehave a little side plot?

For side plots, it's up to you and the others to do whatever you like! This is a freeform, so you can go ahead and make your own side plots or whatever so long as it isn't anything too big (such as blowing up the world with an atomic bomb.)

My character, Templar, just briefs you on the heists and tells you if police are incoming on a heist, then you're open to do the rest. If you have your own heist ideas let me know, because I don't want to create /all/ the basic scenarios here, that wouldn't be boosting creative thought for you guys!

Sounds cool, but the lack of being able to create other characters (i.e. hostages, police, etc.) turns me down a little. It'd be nice to have more choices than just having to create a criminal who robs banks and whatever else is open for snagging the huge bucks.

Sounds cool, but the lack of being able to create other characters (i.e. hostages, police, etc.) turns me down a little. It'd be nice to have more choices than just having to create a criminal who robs banks and whatever else is open for snagging the huge bucks.
Although that kind of is the entire point of the roleplay, I might actually add an option to be the police once I'm done with IRL work. I'll also add a police chief option for someone to be. I was just concerned about PvP tension, is all.

As for hostages... I suppose someone could be a hostage if they would like to, but the whole idea of this is ACTION and stuff, so if you like being cable tied then go for it, I guess.

EDIT: Added a police/hostage character sheet for those who like a little variety! Thanks to @PinkArrow for the idea!

can i set a placeholder, i'll have my char fleshed out later but i cant put it up right now :P

can i set a placeholder, i'll have my char fleshed out later but i cant put it up right now :P
But of course! Feel free to hold that spot for as long as you live.

@Jakers No problem! Considering this is a caper story though, I thought it'd be nice to add a little more than just action/heist to give the roleplay a little variety. Capturing of hostages always add drama. ;)

On another note, a crime drama wouldn't be what's going on here, since a crime drama is not focused on the crime/crimes themselves, but rather, tries to convincingly show the actions of a police force as they investigate the crime/crimes. Just throwing that out there for future reference.

@PinkArrow I'm quite aware the theme isn't exactly correct; the reason I picked Crime Drama was because in terms of prefixes, this was the closest I could find (because this doesn't really count as a drama, action adventure or whatever.)

@Jakers I understand why you would do that, but here on Iwaku we do our best to organize and fill out each thread with the correct prefixes. If this roleplay is based solely on a heist of some sort and not of police investigating the crime, it would be better to change the prefix tag to 'miscellaneous' as we don't want to have users find a list of roleplay threads with the genre they like, then the roleplay itself ending up not being what they expected. The prefix tag guide is currently in the works, if I'm not mistaken, but do try to stick to the correct genre prefix. That is all.

I will be creating a hostage and criminal myself, so it may take a few days, but that's usually dependent on when I actually have the time to do so. I can't wait to start roleplaying here! :)

Nickname: Harley
Mask Appearance:
General Appearance:
0348b4b1ee3672651e645bcd00c9fc01.jpg

Signature Weapon: Silver Pistols
Equipment: Lock picking kit,Black wrist gloves,Her computer
Special Skills:Agile And fast is able to run fast and think quickly as she is extremely intelligent
Criminal Bio: Harley was born to a drug dealer and a prostitute and had to learn how to fend for herself to do this she started following her fathers footsteps on crime her first robbery was just a small $100 note from a mans front porch and then they got bigger and bigger until she met Templar and decided she needed a team
Relationships: Had a fiancé but he was killed by the police when they raided a drug dealers house
Speech Colour: Purple

Reactions: Jakers
Nickname: Michael
Mask Appearance:
General Appearance: 6ft tall with a lean, muscular body type. Bald head with wrinkly face.
Signature Weapon: a black Pistol with silencer
Equipment: Fiber wire (for strangling). Smoke grenades. Extra ammunition. A picture of his daughter (for goodluck, he says)
Special Skills: Infiltration. Martial-arts. Creating a diversion
Criminal Bio: Little is known about Michael, except that he used to work for a gun-for-hire agency. He was known for his exceptional performance, until one day a mission assigned to him went horribly wrong and he decided to quit the agency. Templar caught word of him and asked him to work for him instead.
Relationships: Had a 5 year old daughter who died from a stray bullet.
Speech Colour: Red

@Jakers Just wanted to stop by and let you know I was still interested in this. My replies have been limited due to college.

Okay, don't feel that there's a rush, feel free to do it in your own time! Now would be a good time to mention that if I like your character sheet, it means your accepted. Saves space rather than me going 'accepted' 'accepted' 'accepted' each time someone makes a good CS.

But you'll let me know if there's anything needed to be changed, yeah? :)

Character Sheet [Criminal]

Nickname: Dante (Romano)

Mask Appearance:

General Appearance:

350x700px-LL-e4c8e50d_cd02429cc102bb065bd7b5065951bb7f.jpeg

Signature Weapon: Molotov Cocktail

Equipment: Ice Picks, Sawed-Off Shotgun

Special Skills: Inspiring Trust, Networking, Coding, Data Intelligence, Assertiveness, Avoiding Trouble with Others, Security

Criminal Bio: He was born in Sicily, Italy with a father in the Mafia. The Mafia was his source of bad influence and no sooner did he decide to move over to Washington D.C. when he was 24 years old. Trying to forget about his past, but unable to let go of the habitual things that made him who he believed he was supposed to be, Dante began taking part in your day to day minor criminal offenses, everything turning into something more when he unintentionally found himself getting caught up in a heist. He grew accustomed to those around him and during his second heist, he found an extremely attractive woman to his liking. Without a question, he took her in as his hostage despite her cold demeanor towards him all the time.

Relationships: None; Biological Mother & Father (both deceased), Adoptive parents (both deceased)

Speech Colour: [BCOLOR=#000000]Here. We all good?[/BCOLOR]

Character Sheet [Hostage]

Name: Adriana Di Maria

Job: Reporter

General Appearance:

YesicaToscanini.jpg

Special Skills: Remaining Calm with Agitated Sources, Taking Initiative, Conceptual Thinking, Concentration, Improvisation, Flexibility, Listening

History: She grew up in Sicily, Italy and moved to Washington D.C. when she was only 19 years old, planning on studying abroad and claim her dream career as a Reporter. She met up with Dominic, an old childhood friend, at Georgetown University and married him after five years. They had two children, Niccolo and Serena. For the most part, everything went well. However, tragedy struck when a robbery happened at the bank where Dominic worked. He got killed by a shot to the chest and without another thought, Adriana went into a state of depression. She began to be unable to maintain financial support for the various bills she had to pay, as well as maintain and cope her children's education. She sent them away to temporarily live with her older half-brother while she tried to get everything sorted out. That day hasn't come though, and as of now, it doesn't seem like it will ever come with Dante always at her side.

Relationships: Dominic Bastille (ex-lover; deceased), Bernardo Torres (older half-brother; alive), Niccolo Di Dominicez (child; alive) & Serena Di Dominicez (child; alive)

Speech Colour: Is this alright?

If I could like that twice I could - both accepted!

Thank you! I did my best without going overboard, haha! Has the roleplay been posted up yet? (:

Status
Not open for further replies.