Status
Not open for further replies.
W

Whisper

Original poster

dandelion-and-birds-tattoo-sample.jpg

Black Bird

By. Whisper

My mothers name is Lonely, for the solemn sadness of numerous forsaken nights have overtaken her soul. Day in day out there is sadness in her eyes, she almost died. Day in Day out she smiles, yet she wants to cry. Day in Day out she walks upon this road, unaccompanied alone. She talks and acts as if nothing's wrong but in reality she's hurting on the inside. She's struggling to hold on, but sometimes I think she wants to escape from this world but the loneliness of her life has consumed her and trapped her within.

My daddy's names pain, for all he does is cause us all sorrow and pure heartache. He was once in my life, for a very short time. Deception and lies was are all the memories I have of him. I use to trust him but no longer I can. Day in day out he is sleeping with a woman who isn't his wife, causing my brothers and sisters pain. Day in Day out a new person is tricked by him and his twisted words, another person is harmed. Day in Day out he has a new child he fails to care for, I should know I'm one of them. Day in Day out an new victim is found, only to be forced to walk down the same Via Dolorosa as I. He is filled with lies and I can't tell you why. He has more children then he has of fingers on his hands and toes on his feet. The man is wicked and the roots are deep. Crowding his heart as he passes on the torture and agony he feels within. He can't escape from the lies and deception that only he has created, he's trapped in a deep dark ditch as he digs himself deeper and deeper into the earth, he's getting close to hell.

And you know what they call me? Little Sorrow for my life is noting but a torturous pain that is never ending. I have no trust for my family for they smile and hide behind their lies, everyone is the same and they surround me and suffocate me with the darkness of their ways. But unlike everyone else I'm trying to find a way out of the darkness. Day in Day out they toy with me, as if I were a puppet who submits to their every command. Day in Day out I'm told I can't fly, but yet I still try. Day in Day out I'm stronger than her in a single way, yet I still cry. Day in Day out I try and try, only to fall on my face as they laugh at my failure. But what they don't know is that like a little black bird I'm gonna fly. They don't know that I'm gonna soar in the sky real high. They don't know that I'm gonna break free from this cage of life and fate! I will do it. I shall do it. They will see as I spread my winds and fly towards the light. They broke my wings once and tore them away from my back. But my wings are somewhere folded neatly in the corner waiting for the time when it's time to go. I will find my wings, follow the sweet sound of the whispers in the wind, and I will fly away from this sorrowful time, only then will I no longer cry.

Thank you to all those who read this. This poem of mine was inspired by the movie, "Look Beyond the Lights" soundtrack and my life as well. I used some of the lyrics of the songs blackbird from the soundtrack and related them to my own life. Anyway I hope everyone likes my poem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.