Black and White, Truth and Lies - a Racist Observation

Status
Not open for further replies.
*chloroforms Unanun and puts him in a wheelchair*

Just get someone else to post an opinion. That's the only way you'll survive them.

maikamonroeitfollows.jpg

I'm asian (the only kind of asian) and what is this?
Since you lack whiteness or blackness, you are not allowed to speak on this subject matter.

#caseclosed

I believe that regardless of our differences, we can all agree that fried chicken is a great bonding power between all races and classes of people and should be immediately recognized by WHO as its own food group and a solution for both world hunger and racial tension.

Stop Kooriyu you're lagging my computer

*looks around for the regulars who usually yammer on about crap*

Oh... Well, that's fantastic.

10/10 Would push air out of my nose again.

Those paragraphs about how white and black people talk are generalizations and stereotypes and your analysis of them is clearly colored by your own biases, but you made it clear in the thread title that it was a racist observation (though I wouldn't go as far as to say it was racist, personally), so at least you're aware of it.

The excessive use of the word "like" is not always in the form of comparison. It's often used in the form called the "quotative like," which does more than just what it sounds like. To steal a line from various groups of social justice activists, go look it up, it's not my job to educate you. Make sure you also check out how AAVE has incorporated the quotative like, particularly how they've adapted it into uses that Mainstream American English (which is what linguists usually call the predominant dialect) does not use, specifically with the habitual aspect of the verb "be." It's not just white people using "like" in the manner you take issue with, and I haven't seen white people doing it noticeably more or less often than black people.

Overuse of "literally" is actually more often incorrect/slang usage of the word ("I'm literally dying") than some attempt to inject reality into things.

Black people don't have a monopoly on talking facts and making statements like "I'm not lying." Hell, there's even a redneck equivalent to that phrase: "I shit you not." It sounds like you're trying to say black people avoid figurative speech because they're somehow super grounded in truth and real talk, which is just silly. Black people also use overblown language, white people also talk facts.

"White people talk of falsities beneath actualities. Black people talk of truths beneath deceptions." 3/10, nice contrast and use of the language, but it doesn't actually mean much because it's based on nonsense premises as explained above.

Reactions: Wolves
Fuck, I know it's gonna be a long morning when Asmo tags me in something.

3/10 cause I got some attention out of this I guess.

Hold on, a synapse fired off. White people use that like term a whole lot cause we're generalizing and summarizing a story or recollection of some sort without turning it into a friggin' novel. Also it's used by teenage girls. Or some shit like that.

Let me go back to bed now.

Oh wow, this thread isn't closed. I'm kind of amaze--
So where's Brovo?
Believe it or not, sometimes even an OCD ferret lover must sleep--
@Brovo @Windsong @Jorick @Otherhomogenouspeople

You're keeping everyone waiting. Hurry up.
Seriously, I'm sure I'd eventually ferret this thread out on my own, I just have other, more important things to do. Like Animus Veritas, or making myself some breakfast bacon.
Just get someone else to post an opinion. That's the only way you'll survive them.
Oh. Well. Post something coherent and maybe I'll put in a little effort. Until then, here's something on your intellectual level.

VrxDw7y.gif

Reactions: Darog and Windsong
I like you better this way.

I solemnly swear to never post anything coherent around you again.

*puts Jorick in a cupboard*

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Brovo
  • Love
Reactions: Darog
I like you better this way.

I solemnly swear to never post anything coherent around you again.

*puts Jorick in a cupboard*
My bad, I thought you wanted actual responses since you went out of your way to tag me.

Hold on, lemme try again and this time I'll respond with something more on your level.

Oh, here we go, this should work:
t0swo8S.gif

I apologize to all of you.

I should have posted something with a serious and emotionally-invested conviction that you could all belittle.

I will try better in future to be your crutch.

Staff, please lock this thread too.

• Love
Reactions: RiverNotch
I still love you Asmodeus ;~;

Reactions: RiverNotch
I apologize to all of you.

I should have posted something with a serious and emotionally-invested conviction that you could all belittle.

I will try better in future to be your crutch.

Staff, please lock this thread too.
Nahhh, keep on with the nonsense, it's better that way. I'll just remember that you're never looking for serious discussion in rant threads you make. It's all good. <3

lmao.

this thread, 10/10, would read again.

Status
Not open for further replies.