Bitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delilah had just watched the other as he spoke. She didn't exactly want to go downstairs if she knew the other was home.
So she started to walk slowly around the room, becoming nauseas and lightheaded as she did. She was hungry too, and frowned when the other said he wouldn't argue. "See, I can't see how you just do what he wants, you never tried going against him?" She spoke as she moved over to a feat and began to look through all the dusty old books.
A world almanac. Encyclopedias. Nothing really here. And she didn't like reading anyways.
"I don't really understand, why are you there to serve him?" She continued, wanting to know more about there relationship. She was curious and honestly what else was there to do here besides choke on all the dust and read the dictionary.
There was nothing to do other than talk to him really so that's what she was going to do.

Mark ran his fingers through his hair, feeling his patience run thin once more. "I see absolutely no reason why I need to tell you anything about me, or my master." He let out a sigh watching her walk around the room. Did she really want a concussion?

"Generally the job of a hostage is just to cry and beg to be kept alive, alright? Not play 101 questions with their guard." Returning to the desk, he dragged the chair and sat down. Making himself comfortable as he continued to observe Delilah's actions. "Aren't you tired? It's a few hours after midnight and you've lost a lot of blood." Translation: When do you plan on becoming nice and quiet by falling unconscious.

He himself wanted to go back down to see Jonas and ask a few questions but he didn't feel like leaving her completely unattended without knowing how long the conversation would even be. Mark was debating between the options of tying her to the bed before going, dragging her down to the basement with him, or just knocking her unconscious himself.

"I was just trying to figure out what the hell is happening here." She spoke and looked at the papers on the shelf.
"You should be happy I'm being so nice to you after you lied to me and threw me down a flight of stairs," she spat and glared at the other.
She didn't mean to be rude but it all just kind of slipped out, honestly she didn't mind it. He didn't care either, or so it seemed.
"I'm exauhsted. But in not sleeping alone with you in here." She spoke and looked over to mark. It was clear she didn't trust him one bit.

--sorry this is so short my phone keeps deleting my posts xc --

"Figure it out on your own then. Aren't girls of your age fans of Sherlock Holmes or something? Knock yourself out and play a bit of detective work." He said with a sigh. Then added, "I don't need or want 'nice' from you. I just want quiet and use of common sense. Hobbling around while being heavily anemic and trying to pick fights with a creature far stronger than you by nature... You've long crossed the line from courageous and into stupidity."

Mark drummed his fingers against the desk. "What? Do you expect me to attack you in your sleep or something? Don't be conceited." He let out a scoff. "Get used to it. I don't plan on moving until I'm sure you're asleep. This won't be the first and last time I plan to do this either."

"I'm trying to figure it out, but I'm not talking to him and your not talking to me about it," she spoke and looked at the other.
Delilah had looked at the other again. "What are you gonna do when I fall asleep? Just sit here and watch me?" She spoke, trying to make her point. She wasn't comfortable with sleeping around him. Someone just watching another sleep like that didn't sit well with her. It was just creepy. She didn't like the thought of being in a room with him when she was asleep.
But she knew damn well he didn't care about what she was and wasn't comfortable with.
Delilah had moved rather slowly back onto the bed, and laid down on her stomach. She literally pulled the blankets up around her and they looked almost as if thy would swallow her whole.
She sneezed once from the dust that came off them, and without looking at the other she spoke from underneath the covers. "I'm hungry now," she lied, only wanting him to leave so she would be able to fall asleep.

"Are you trying to imply something" Mark asked with a click of his tongue. Did she think he wanted to sit and watch her sleep or something? Compared to normal humans he had quite a bit of free time on his hands, but it wasn't as though that was something he considered to be his idea of entertainment.

Hearing the sudden admittance that Delilah was hungry, he let out a slight sigh of relief. Perhaps this meant that she wasn't going to be as difficult from now on. He was about to ask what she wanted but... She had already had a chance to make a request. He was going to bring her something, and she was going to eat it whether or not she liked it.

Nodding, though she wouldn't be able to see under the covers like that, Mark got up to leave. "I'll be back with some food then." He went out into the hallway after double checking twice that he had locked the door behind him. He started to make his way out of the house to get some food for Delilah.

"Are you stupid or is that just sarcasm?" She spoke irritably when he asked her if she was implying something. Of course she was! She didn't trust him and wouldn't if her life depended on it.
Delilah made that mistake once and it would take a lot to make it right again. She knew that mark wouldn't try anyway.
He probably couldn't wait until she was dead.
She was relieved when mark seemed so happy to go get her the food she asked for. Thank god. She wasn't able to sleep with him being here.
She was barely able to sleep knowing The other one was in the same state as her now.
He terrified Delilah and oh it showed. She wanted nothing to do with him, even to be farther away from him than people in china right now.
Within that short time of marks absence she was fast asleep, and not in a light sleep either she was deep in sleep, and stayed like this for quite a few hours. Her body needed it.
And hell, after putting up with her god knows mark needed it too.

About an hour later, Mark returned with a box of pizza in his hand. He honestly couldn't remember the last time he had even held food in his hands. He had taken longer than he would've liked because he had to pickpocket someone along the way for money. Unfortunately for him, this was not the sort of hour people liked to wander around in. It took him quite some time just to find someone to steal from.

Tossing the wallet down on the floor, he unlocked the door and entered. "The food's here." He announced in a flat tone. Not hearing a reply, he repeated himself before walking over to her bed. Delilah was sound asleep and didn't look like she would get back up anytime soon.

With a sigh, he placed the box down on the desk for her to find when she woke up. In the meantime, he left the room again (remember to lock the door) and went down to the basement. He had a few questions to ask Jonas...

As Delilah slept and Jonas woke, he could hear movement from upstairs. He was glad the other vampire had been staying there with her without getting too annoyed with her. He had been watching Delilah for weeks, months even.
He had been so pleasantly surprised when she ended up coming to him.
He had seen how stubborn and irritating she could be when she was upset, and she knew her and mark would probably argue a lot for a little while. Once she accepted that she wasn't going to get out, she would calm down and become easier to handle.
He could hear her heartbeat. It was quick and steady, just like everyone else's. But hers was like music to his ears.
She looked just like her...
Sounded just like her...
Acted just like her...
She was as close as he could find to the real deal.
Annabelle had been his lover for almost 30 years before she was killed. She had been a childhood lover and accepted him for what he was when she found out. But sadly she wasn't able to survive a rather violent fire in there home one night when he was away, and he hadn't been there to save her.
But Delilah was almost her.
She was so close to being her it was like they were the same person.
His thoughts were interrupted by mark coming down the stairs as he was heading up them, to check on his 'guest'.
He didn't stop as he saw the other, only motioned for him to follow him back to the room.
"How is she?" He spoke as they walked in and he saw her sleeping so peacefully in the dusty old bed. It didn't suit her. She should have better...
But he wouldn't give her better until she behaved well enough. He stood by the bed and gazed down at her before turning his attention to the empty glass and the full box of pizza.
"How much did she eat and drink? I don't want her getting worse because she's not eating enough." He spoke again to his servant.

Mark barely resisted sighing as he followed Jonas back into the room. Again? He had just left the place. However, he refrained from complaining and complied. Watching with hidden curiosity as the other vampire seemed to be looking at Delilah with an almost tender gaze.

"Still wobbly from the lack of blood, but I think she should be fine by tomorrow." He wasn't sure how fast people recovered anymore, but took a guess at it. Most of the humans that had their blood drained by Jonas usually just never woke up again so he wasn't even sure how much blood his master had then.

Answering the other question he truthfully admitted, "She just drank that one glass of water, and she hasn't eaten anything yet. By the time I came back with the food, she was already asleep."

Jonas hummed and nodded his head as mark spoke, listening to his servants words. "I don't want her to get sick, make sure she eats." He spoke and looked over Delilah, brushing the hair from her face as she slept. He didn't show much emotion just yet.
He was hungry.
So hungry and he wanted to just attack. But no, he would wait until his sleeping beauty woke. "When she wakes up make sure she gets something to eat and keep making sure she drinks enough, then come get me," he spoke.
He was clearly hungry, just by that look in his eyes.

Mark simply nodded, realizing that despite having already fed on Delilah that day, Jonas was hungry again. Then again, he hadn't drank nearly as much blood from her as he normally did with his victims so perhaps this was to be expected. He glanced over at the girl, wondering if she would really recover enough to have more blood taken away from her again. Well, that was not really his problem anyway. The one at fault would be Jonas, and she would only become one of many victims they already had in this place.

"There's something I want to ask." Mark said. He would've wanted to wait a little longer, ideally when Jonas seemed to be in a good mood and not that hungry, but he couldn't move around freely as long as he was assigned to take care of Delilah. "Why are you giving this one a sort of special treatment? What are you planning to do with her?"

Status
Not open for further replies.