Bitten

Status
Not open for further replies.
Delilah had watched as the other pulled out her weapons. They searched me..? She thought to herself and suddenly became very panicked when she saw him crush the weapons so easily.
Heather had flinched and felt her heart drop to her stomach. When he moved away and mark replaced him she began to struggle wildly. "stop! Don't touch me!" She shouted again as she fought back best she could.
As soon as her neck was turned she knew what was happening.
He was a vampire.
They weren't just rumors. "Stop," she spoke again, this time sounding more desperate. She continued to fight and struggle until she felt something touch her neck, and caress it. "mark let me go," she begged.
But as soon as those words left her mouth she felt a pair of fangs deep in her neck and she screamed out in pain.
It didn't take long for her to begin to loose the fight, she had struggled so hard and the loss of blood made it harder and harder to stay up.
Within a few moments she felt the world go black and her body went limp.

Keeping his hands steady, Mark silently continued to hold Delilah in place. He was used to this. Just how many had he brought over to his master in just this city alone? He didn't even know. There was no point trying to keep track of all the victims anymore.

Well, there was one thing that was different. This time the victim had actually turned to him for help and even called out his name. Usually they were always just talking to Jonas but... He clenched his jaw, but otherwise didn't show any signs of distress. That was all. He wasn't to dwell on such things.

"Delicious." For some reason, Jonas got up and moved away as soon as the girl fainted.

Mark looked at him. "Master Jonas..?" The girl was still alive. Why?

"Take her to one of the empty chambers and keep her there. Make sure she's well-fed and above all, that she doesn't escape." Though Mark's eyes widened in surprise, he didn't question his master's orders. Picking up the girl and slinging her over his shoulder again, he took her upstairs to one of the second floor bedrooms.

The bedroom was dusty because no one ever used it, but the large king-sized bed with white sheets and a black frame seemed to be in good condition. Other than the bed, there was a small desk, a chair by the desk, and an empty wardrobe. The windows were already completely boarded up, as were all the windows in the house. Throwing Delilah down on the bed, Mark wiped off some of the residual blood from her neck with his sleeve. Sitting down at the desk, he took a silent break as he waited for her to wake back up.

Delilah had stayed unconscious for hours and hours, for the second time in one day she had been pushed into the state of unconsciousness and she almost knew that she wasn't okay.
Even with her being unconscious she felt sick, almost dizzy but it didn't completely register until after what felt like forever -but was actually almost twelve hours- she woke up.
Delilah was anemic, her pale skin showed that much. Makeup covered the other evidence. Dark circles and bruises from nothing.
She looked up right at the ceiling as the room seemed to spin. Oh she felt awful. It was dark... She was laying on something soft. She sneezed once from the dust and rubbed her eyes, her arms felt heavy and her head pounded still.
She took a moment and then sat up, feeling dizzy all over again. She felt a sharp pain in her stomach from hunger and blood loss.
She looked around and saw the figure of someone sitting at a desk. She didn't say a word, she was almost afraid to.
She suddenly remembered all the events that had happened just before and felt her heart drop. It was mark. The vampire who she had trusted at the beginning.
But... Where was she?

Hearing the sneeze, Mark turned around from the desk to see that the girl had awoken. Sighing, he got up and walked over to her. "Is there something you need right now? Food? Water?" It had been an extremely long time since he had been a human himself. He still remembered that people generally needed to eat something at least 3 times a day, but other than that he was no longer all that knowledgeable on how to take care of a human properly.

"I would suggest you don't try to escape and be as co-operative as possible." He added, "The master has decided to keep you alive for now, but he may not decide to keep it that way if you cause too much trouble. Unless you have a death wish, you should quietly accept your fate."

((Sorry it's short.))

--no yours is fine dear c: I'm on my phone so sorry for the crappy posts xc --

Delilah had to take a moment to really understand what he was saying. She knew it was because of blood loss but it still came as a shock to her.
When he walked over to her she did her best to scoot herself away from him, but not leave the bed. She couldn't stand right now.
She was dizzy and she knew if she tried it wouldn't be good at all. She knew she would fall.
"What?" She asked as he finished speaking. What was he talking about? Wait. Her. He was trying to take care of her?
Her throat burned, she wanted water but no way in hell was she taking everything from him.
"Why am I still alive?" She spoke, her voice was a little hoarse but she managed to cough it away. When he next spoke about cooperation she glared daggers at the vampire. If looks could kill he would have dropped dead right there.
"I'm not going to sit here and do what you two want. Id much rather die than do what you want." She spat. "So just kill me."

((Ha-ha, I already told you not to worry about that remember? xD))

With a sigh, Mark placed one knee on the bed to lean in over to where Delilah was. Without any warning, he suddenly snapped his hand at her face to slap her, making sure to hold back his strength to the level of an average human being. He wasn't nearly as patient as his master was with all this. But at least his intentions were fairly clear.

Giving her an icy stare he explained, "You can either accept it and be obedient, or you can just be chained to the bed and left completely immobile but alive. Just try it. Between your weak and blood-drained body and my inhumane reflexes, let's see just who would win in a struggle." He let out a barely-audible snort. Like he even needed to wait for an answer to that. "... And don't worry. There's absolutely nothing I want from you. As long as you follow my master's orders as well, there is nothing more you need to do."

--haha okay cx my internet won't be fixed for a while so if I'll try my best to reply but it might only be like once or twice a day until the guy comes xc and I don't know when that'll be. Just a heads up haha c:--

Delilah had moved back just a little as he moved a bit onto the bed. Her brows furrowed and she looked at him with what only could be described as a mixture of annoyance confusion and anger. What was he- she suddenly felt a hard slap across her face. She gasped as she was hit and she fell to the bed once again, a hand rose to her face where a red mark was forming from the hit. It didn't hurt as bad as she would have thought. With him from earlier he had just grabbed her and she was hurt. The evidence remained on her arms in the form of bruises. She didn't move for a moment, expecting to be hit again.
When she wasn't she looked at him, shock was clear on her pale face. "Why are you doing this? I didn't do anything to you, I even tried to help you." She spoke calmly, clearly she was confused and upset. "your like him aren't you?" She spoke, looking at him, now not showing any emotion. She wasn't happy. She was pissed and scared and she just wanted to go home.
Hunger strike. That's what she would do. Starve herself if she had to to get them to understand that she wasn't going to do as they told her.
She would make things difficult she would refuse whatever they have her, they wouldn't get away with anything.
"Are you going to stay with me?" She asked and looked right at him.

((Thanks for the heads-up. :) Really appreciate it. But once or twice a day is generally enough. Ha-ha.))

Mark raised a slight brow at her first question. "You are a human, and you came into this feeding ground. Would you ask why a wolf attacks a rabbit?" Backing off slightly from the bed, he opened his mouth and pointed to his fangs. "If you mean 'like him' as in a vampire as well, then yes."

"Yes. I have been ordered to keep you alive and fed, so I will be by your side." He narrowed his eyes again. "To ensure you don't do anything stupid as well."

Delilah didn't seem like she would be co-operating any time soon. However, that wasn't exactly outside of his expectations. "I'm going to bring you some food. You have exactly one chance to choose what you want, or I will bring whatever I can at random."

Delilah had frowned at the other as he answered her first question. So she was just a meal then? Why was she being kept alive then. He obviously had no problems gathering other meals for his friend, the other vampire clearly didn't need her.
So why was she kept alive when he had murdered so many others..?
When he opened his mouth her eyes widened? Why were his teeth like that? She had known the other was something like a vampire but the fact that she had gotten that right was mind blowing to the girl. She had been told they were just in stories and movies. They weren't real.
Apparently she was wrong and so was everyone else. Well, there had been rumors and that was partially why she had come by here. To prove them wrong.
She should had left it be.
Ignorance really is bliss.
Delilah frowned, "why does he want me alive. He obviously didn't want the others to live?" She asked and looked up at mark.
If that was even his actual name. She didn't even know now if she should trust a word he said.
"why are you helping him? You must be hungry too right?" She asked.
The second she was told that he was going to get food for her she glared at the other. "I'm not hungry, don't bring me anything you'll just be wasting your time." She spoke stubbornly and moved to the edge of the bed, and attempted to stand.
She fell to her knees immediately. She couldn't even hold herself up...

Mark raised a brow at her first question. In all honesty, that was one he wanted to know as well but he hadn't asked Jonas about it yet. And because he now had his hands full dealing with this girl, there was a good chance he wouldn't be able to sate his curiosity any time soon. As it was, he decided to just ignore the question altogether and go to the next one. "I am not 'helping' him, but rather 'serving' him. He is the one that turned me into a vampire and my master. I only feed when he allows me to."

... He was not going to tell her that his servitude was not exactly out of choice. Unlike him, Jonas was a pure blood and on a completely different level than he was. He had long given up on trying to go against his orders.

Delilah was obviously being stubborn. Even he could tell that much, since she hadn't bothered to mask her tone of voice or expression. Lifting her back up, he just threw her back onto the bed with her knees dangling off the edge and pressed down on her shoulders. "You really are just a foolish little girl aren't you?" The barest hint of a sneer was on his icy face. "You act like you want to rebel against us, but all you have in your head is about dying. Ever thought of saving up your strength and recovering enough to try to escape when you see the chance? Apparently not, judging from your empty and jar-headed actions."

Delilah had gasped as he grabbed her and pulled her back onto the bed, and pinned her down. She felt her heart drop down into her stomach and her blood go cold. her first reflex was to try and push him off, she put her hands on his wrists and stopped when he spoke.
She didn't do anything just yet. "it almost sounds like that's what you want me to do," she spoke and kept her hands on his wrist, but didn't fight back or anything yet.
"You know, it's not that the thought never crossed my mind it's just that I tried escaping before and you threw me down the stairs," she spoke, a bit annoyed she had just been insulted.
She didn't struggle at all this time, even moved her hands off his wrists now as she looked up at him. "Dying is not the only thing on my mind. I'm going to fight against you both until the second I die. I'm not going to make this easy for either of you." She spoke with a small glare now.
"And if that means I die because i didn't do what you wanted that's fine by me." She spoke.

"So you decided to give up after failing just once. That's even more pathetic." Mark rolled his eyes and let go of her. "You don't have the grace to just give up from the beginning, and you don't have the guts to keep trying. Pathetic."

Walking back to the desk, he rotated the chair to face the bed and sat down. "I will let you know right now, I personally don't care if you die. So even if you commit suicide or start rotting on that bed from starving, it'll hardly serve as much revenge towards me." Mark dusted off some of the dirt that had gotten onto his clothes from pushing Delilah down onto the bed. With his nonchalant tone he continued, "And though my master is showing you some special treatment right now, don't think he's so fixated on you that he'd cry over a broken a toy. If you still think dying will help you prove a point or get some sort of revenge on us, then go ahead and bite your tongue off right now."

Yes he would be punished for not executing his master's orders properly, but compared to all the suffering he had already gone through it would be almost laughable. Indeed, he would also rather avoid any unnecessary suffering if needed, but he was losing patience with her again.

He almost sounded like he wanted her to try. She frowned and just glared at the other. She wasn't trusting enough to take any food from them but she figured with water she could smell or see if anything was off. "Get me some water," she spoke after a while. She didn't mean for it to sound as bitchy as it had, but she didn't think he honestly cared anyway.
So. She was stuck with him until she figured a way out of here...?
She had decided in her time of silence that she would act on the idea the other had put in her head.
She wouldn't fight back, she would keep up enough energy to try and escape. But she wouldn't make anything easy for them. She had laid back on the bed and kept silent for a bit, she didn't exactly want to talk anymore. Delilah just wasn't in the mood to be chatty.
Maybe if she got on his good side he could help her? No. The other vampire was his master. He couldn't do that.
Right?
Maybe...
No it was out of the question.

He nodded. Water was a start. Getting up, he headed towards the door and gestured towards the boarded-up windows. "If you're curious... We're on the second floor at a height no human would be able to jump down from without breaking their legs, and even if you wanted to try something so suicidal the windows are heavily boarded up and would require beast-like strength to tear or break the wooden boards away."

Opening the door he added, "And of course, this door will be locked. You might be able to break this one down if you were actually in full strength, but know that there's only one way down to the exit and I will be very close by to stop any ridiculous attempts at escaping." Mark didn't actually believe she could even do such a thing being so heavily anemic right now, but it certainly didn't hurt to warn her.

The vampire exited into the hallway and locked the door behind him. Going down the stairs, he went into the kitchen and grabbed a glass cup from the cupboard. It was ridiculously dusty from lack of use. After rinsing it out in the sink, he filled it with water and returned to the room. Without knocking, he unlocked the door and went back inside, looking around carefully to see if she had indeed tried to do something.

Delilah had attempted to move, she stumbled off the bed and around the room. She was just curious. She looked around the room and could honestly say she had never been so curious about an old room.
She sneezed and almost fell back over as she blew the dust off a few books. She picked up the encyclopedia and then started to look around the room some more. She was stumbling all over the place, barely able to walk. Delilah was so dizzy and she knew she should sit. Maybe it was from the blood loss or hunger or maybe even the lack of sleep but she didn't exactly connect the two.
It was almost like she didn't even realize what she was doing. She did though, she was just looking around. She started to walk over to the desk when the other came back in, making her jump as he did so suddenly.
He had warned her not to leave.
She became anxious.
What if he thought she was trying to run away? She wasn't, and this began to scare her. She didn't want to be blamed for something she didn't do.
She just looked at him for a moment before holding her hand put, only then realizing she was shaky.
She needed to eat and she knew it. She didn't trust the food that they would bring her though either. "Thank you," she mumbled.

((Really sorry! I didn't realize how much time had passed since you last posted! >.<))

Mark sighed, "Just what are you doing?" He was genuinely not sure why she was wobbling around the room. If she had actually been trying escape then she was being incredibly pig-headed, and if she was just wandering around the room then she was nothing short of an odd mystery.

He raised a brow when he heard her words of appreciate. That, he had certainly not expected at all with all the snappish attitude Delilah had given him so far. "I don't need any thanks. Just drink and eat when you actually need to." Placing the cup down for a moment, he walked over to her and slung her over his shoulder again before plopping the girl back down onto the bed.

... He really needed to do something about all the dust. Even as a vampire he was beginning to get annoyed by it every time a cloud of it flew up into the air.

Going back to the cup, he took it in his hands and offered it to Delilah. "Drink. And stop moving around while you're anemic. I'm not going to take you to a hospital even if you fall and split your head open."

--it's fine c: <3--

Delilah had looked at the other as he asked her what she was doing. "What does it look like?" She snapped. "I'm looking around," she tacked on this time a bit less rude.
"I'm going to be staying here for a little while so I wanted to see what was here," she spoke as the other walked to her.
He didn't need any thanks? She wasn't even sure why she had thanked him, her brain was only really half working right now anyway. Delilah had tried to back away from the other as he approached her.
She put her hands on his chest when he got close enough and attempted to push him back, only to be picked up anyway.
"Stop it!" She spoke as she was plopped back down on the bed. "You can't just help me over like a normal person would?" She spoke and took the cup as he handed it to her.
As he ordered her to drink she hesitated. The human didn't like doing things she was ordered to. But she did anyway, she looked at the water for a few seconds and looked over at the other giving him a look that practically screamed how untrusting she was of him now.
But she drank it anyway, drinking the whole glass quickly. "I'm sure your master will be keeping me anemic right? Am I just supposed to be an extended meal for him?" She spoke, actually curious about what his intentions were.
"So I'm not allowed to move at all?" She asked and looked at him. "I hope you don't expect me to just sit here," she continued. "I wanna look around." She finished and held the cup out for him.

"There's not much to see even if you could actually walk around properly." Mark looked around, wondering what could possibly be interesting about a dusty old room like this one. Would he have to at least get her a book or something to keep her from getting too bored? He let out a click of his tongue at the thought. Great, more chores.

A slight hint of a smile formed on his lips at her protest of being carried like a sack over his shoulder. "No, in fact, I can't. I'm not a normal person to begin with remember?" Then waving off her complaints he added, "And you wouldn't need help at all if you just stayed in bed. Normally, people who are anemic try not to move around too much."

Taking the cup back, he actually thought about her last question. "Perhaps. I haven't heard much of his plans yet either so there's no point in asking me." Mark shrugged, acting like none of it mattered. However, he began to wonder just what Jonas expected from him. Would he still be ordered to get new prey even with this girl here? Or would she be the only source of food for him from now on? ... The latter sounded like a disaster waiting to happen. He didn't think a human could lose too much blood in a short period of time and survive. Surely Jonas knew that as well?

Clicking his tongue at her troublesome request he replied, "Fine. I'll let you walk around the house at the very least, but only when you can stop wobbling around like a confused snail."

Delilah had frowned as she was told that he wouldn't stop plopping her down on the bed like that. She smiled lightly as he said she could walk around the home as long as she wasn't wobbling. "I can walk fine," she spoke as she moved to the end of the bed and stood again.
The human just sighed as he didn't seemed bothered. "Aren't you hungry? Im confused on how all this works, you just do what he says and you don't argue?" She asked now curious of the relationship the two monsters had.
"How is that fair?" She spoke, trying to think of how they even had this whole relationship. "He gets all the food and you just get it for him? Like a Slave?" She spoke, almost tauntingly but at the same time she was honestly very curious.
"I don't understand, explain it to me," she spoke as she walked towards the door and then stopped just before opening it.
"Is he downstairs?" She asked, clearly afraid of Jonas. She wouldn't go near him if she had the choice. The human didn't know his intentions with her and that scared her. She didn't want any part of him.

Hungry? Yes. He was pretty much always hungry since he only got the bare minimums to survive. But Delilah didn't need to know that. "There's no reason to argue with him. I'm here to serve him, not pick fights with him." Frowning Mark asked, "Why do you want to know anyway?"

As for her guess of him being a slave, she had pretty much hit the nail right on the head. "If everyone that bossed others around was a slave-driver, you would never be able to find employment in this world." He muttered back, fairly aware of how things generally worked out there in the modern world.

Following behind Delilah he nodded, "Yes. He mostly stays in the basement. I would suggest you don't disturb him, but be my guest if you want to offer him another meal." He may have given her permission to walk around but that didn't mean he was going to let her go alone without his watchful gaze.

Status
Not open for further replies.