Which entry do you want to win?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*impatient finger tapping*

• Haha
Reactions: Pahn
  • Thank You
Reactions: noodle
OH MY GOD! I DIDN'T PARTICIPATE ON THIS, BUT I FEEL AS A WINNER AS THE ENTRY I VOTED FREAKING WON!

You aren't allowed to tell anyone which entry is yours until AFTER the voting period is over.
dew it
u dew it fist
259678-clenched-fist.jpg

mine's Hello
scratched a sudden meta-storytelling itch with a lawnmower. The result was predictable.

Last edited:
My entry was Remembrance! I really didn't expect any votes so I'm super greatful that @HerziQuerzi felt it was good enough to vote for.

To answer some reviews: Yes, it's loosely based off of Observance and the AI from the book series The Illuminae Files. While I have not played Observance (I'm broke and don't have a computer) I have watched some playthroughs and felt inspired by it.

I agree that the song is a bit weak, I just didn't really know what else to do to close the story and I figured bringing it back to the song that was cut off in the beginning would be a good send-off.

Thanks for all the reviews, guys! I'll for sure use your suggestions in future entries!

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: Nemopedia
Aight, may I now please know the mastermind behind "A Day Too Early and Six Million Years Too Late"?

Damn, again? XD

it is, indeed, herz

• Thank You
Reactions: HerziQuerzi
I wrote the Pearl. Thanks for the votes, I feel humbled.

I really enjoyed the idea. I was on vacation in Vancouver, smoking a joint and reading the Wonderbook by Jeff Vandermeer (of, most notably, Annihilation fame) when I came across the line: "Some people transmit. Some people, you meet them, and they bring you their whole past as a natural gift. Some people are intimacy itself." (Actually a line from John le Carre's Smiley's People.

In the end, I immediately took to the laptop, joint in hand, and smashed this out in about 30 minutes, which is a shock, because I take months to write 100-word roleplay posts. It was unedited, unrefined, but the first short story I've ever written, and a proof of concept that I'm fairly proud of. On the other hand, I'm not proud of the final product, mostly because I never had it in my mind that it was final! Credits to Diana for convincing me to not un-submit, however. Good call, and I regret nothing.

oh shit you participated?
brave man. Bravo. You did something. Amazing. Congratulations. It's great.

• Thank You
Reactions: Aero Blue
I'm particularly pleased to read that when it's juxtaposed with the text in your signature: "Time to die."

• Haha
Reactions: Stray Shinku
wltxyVC.png

GKsJOQk.png

did you know an ion thruster only produces about half a newton of force, which is roughly equivalent to how much force it takes to hold a handful of quarters

• Useful
Reactions: Iceydaze
wltxyVC.png

GKsJOQk.png

did you know an ion thruster only produces about half a newton of force, which is roughly equivalent to how much force it takes to hold a handful of quarters

JUST BECAUSE I LOVED YOUR STORY AND VOTED FOR IT DOESN'T MEAN I ENJOY MATH, YOU LIL' SHIT.

D E L E T E T H I S.

• Bucket of Rainbows
Reactions: HerziQuerzi
I can't do sci fi at all.
Had 2k of a memoir about the life of a tech billionaire who's obsessed with life after death and I got stuck cuz I have no gcking clue how the tech supposed to work.

• Sympathy & Compassion
I can't do sci fi at all.
Had 2k of a memoir about the life of a tech billionaire who's obsessed with life after death and I got stuck cuz I have no gcking clue how the tech supposed to work.
Well then. I would’ve been happy reading that. I dare to say that maybe it could’ve even won too.

THIS IS MY FIRST TIME BEING AN OFFICIAL JUDGE FOR BITE, I HEARD HERZI TENDS TO WIN A LOT OF THINGS.

LOOKS LIKE A DAY TOO EARLY AND SIX MILLION TOO LATE by HERZI HAS WON COMMUNITY VOTE! Congrats to you! <3

The admin choice is d e l a y e d and I apologize ten thousand times. We're having a rough summer in real-life land and it is kicking our asses. O: We will have the winner posted as soon as possible!