Bite Me

Kellan bared his teeth at the other on reflex when he was pulled close, staring at his back in aggravation when he began to walk back towards the house, not acknowledging his words. His brother's actions made his skin crawl. And then it dawned on him - it wasn't going to be just the one night, Onyx was going to screw around with him before it even happened! Well, he could play that game too.

He wasn't the brightest crayon in the box but he could tell easily enough Onyx didn't like when Kellan touched him. Once they reached the treeline, Kellan jogged up to Onyx's side and grabbed for his hand, aiming to bother him. He tugged him along the strip of shade that had grown a bit as the day went and to the patio where he scooped up his math supplies, ignoring any type of retort or complaint from the vampire. Having dodged all the sunlight Kellan looked over his shoulder at Onyx, a sneaky smirk on his lips as he commented "You should really invest in an umbrella so you can walk freely without getting scorched."

At the shadowed line of the yard and trees he stopped for a second and then he felt that warm sensation on his hand, next thing he knew he was being pulled along the shadow strip back to the patio. His eyes focused on Kellan and about ripped his hand from the wolf, what was this dog thinking? Was he seriously touching him of his own accord? Now that confused him a bit but the thought was gone the moment Kellan opened his mouth "I don't care much for lugging around an umbrella and it's not like I'll burst into flames if the sun touches me" Onyx told his brother through clenched teeth. With a deep breath he gently pulled his hand from his brothers grip "I'm going to get a drink" he said and headed off to the kitchen. "Set up somewhere and we'll start" Onyx said over his shoulder and walked into the kitchen. It was really a ploy just to break the physical contact but he couldn't go back on what he said now. He walked over to one of the cabinets and started to look for a glass. He wasn't sure if he wanted to put something in it that he would actually enjoy drinking or just get a glass of water.

Kellan smiled smugly to himself, the whole comment about the sun not really concerning him in the least. It didn't really matter considering he just said it on a whim so he decided not to argue. He said he wanted his body but Onyx was so edgy about physical contact...it was so ironic it almost made him laugh. Kellan offered him a "Sure" then headed toward the dining room, figuring it would be easiest for them to work at a table. He splayed his text book and notes across the dining room table, snagging a couple pencils as well. Pulling out a chair he sat himself down and waited for Onyx as he turned the text book to the current lesson in his class. At that point he was focused on the fact that he needed to learn, not that his brother was a vampire who liked to send chills down his spine. Right now he was considered just a tutor.

Onyx decided that water was just fine since he had eaten earlier, when he finally found the glasses he filled one halfway full and then headed off to find his brother. His skin still burned from Kellan's touch and no matter how much he tried to shake the feeling it still spread through his body. Onyx had finally found his brother in the dinning room and glanced at all the things that he had laid out. His eyes scanned the books and paperwork as he remembered back to when he was studying that stuff. It seemed like it was a long time ago though it was really only two and a half years since he did algebra.

He sat down at the table across from his brother and set his glass off to the side "So what are you having trouble with in algebra?" He asked Kellan, that was the best place that he could think to start. Besides going over Kellan's whole book and most likely assignments. Then Onyx wondered how his brother's learning ability was, did he pick up on things quickly or was he one of those slow learners.

Once Onyx had seated himself down, Kellan's eyes followed the glass, a little surprised to see him drinking water of all things. Shaking his head he refocused his attention on his brother's words, instantly reaching for a worksheet tucked in between his notes and sliding it over to Onyx across the table. "Well I need to learn basic equations first...I'm a little behind the rest of the class." He admitted with a small huff, straightening up in his seat and leaning over the table slightly so he could point to problems across the top of the paper that read things similar to '2x+3=9'. His teacher usually told him he was failing due to lack of effort and focus but somehow he doubted Onyx would need that information. Kellan did try his best with it...but his focus really wasn't up to par which didn't help his understanding of the topic one bit. "That's really just a practice sheet my teacher gave out. You think you can teach it to me?" He recoiled back some, but kept his gaze unwavering from his brother.

Was that really where his brother was stuck at, this was child's play compared to the assignments that he got. Onyx looked over the practice and read a few pages in the book "Alright so what are you having problems with? I mean where are you stuck on the problem" he wondered how someone could not get math, there was only one right answer and to get there wasn't that hard. Though he was told that he had an eidetic memory but Onyx didn't believe that, it was true that he could remember things that other people didn't but he just figured that was because he paid attention. Well mostly paid attention other times he would just halfway listen. "I'll explain the basics to you but after that I want to see you work out the problems and then I'll check them over"

Kellan reached for the worksheet and brought it back to his side of the table, snatching up one of the pencils. "Let me show you." He started working out the 2x+3=9 problem on the paper and once he got stuck looked back to his brother. "I don't get what you do with the number next to the x," he commented as he gave him back his work. Thankfully his handwriting was at least readable. As he waited for Onyx to speak, he played around absentmindedly with the pencil in hand, dropping it to the floor but gathering it back up quickly with a sheepish smile despite his brother's attention most likely being elsewhere.

Onyx kept his eyes trained on his brother as he tried to work the problem out and took a sip from his glass. He was a little surprised that it wasn't long before his brother needed help "The instructions say to solve for x so that is what you are doing. You want to subtract the 3 from both sides of the equation, so the 3's cancel each other out and then the problem becomes 2x=6. So from there to separate the 2 and x you divide each side by two so then it becomes x=3 and to check your answer you go back to the original problem and put 3 in place of the x. Then your equation becomes 2(3)+3=9, see" Onyx had taken a spare piece of paper and worked out the problem then a turned it so his brother could see it.

He had seen his brothers antics out of the corner of his eye and just rolled them when he was finished explaining the problem. If this was how the whole tutoring thing was going to go he might just call off the whole deal. He didn't want this taking all day because he wanted to see his brother squirming when he messed with him and Onyx still had that party to get to with his friends.

"Ah, I think I get it! Wait, let me try." If he was in his wolf form his tail would be wagging happily. Perhaps all he really needed was a little one on one teaching sessions. Checking the next problem, 4x-8=24, he scribbled down his work though his gaze kept flickering back to the problem his brother had shown him to follow the steps; add the 8, get 32 and divide that by 4. After a couple minutes or so he'd gotten x=8, then fixed his equation to 4(8)-8=24, grinning triumphantly when it all worked out. Once he was finished, he turned his paper to show his final answer to Onyx so he could evaluate. "Did I do it right?" He honestly hoped so; his brother didn't seem like the most patient vampire out there.

Onyx's watched his brother start to work out another problem and it looked promising that he had actually learned how to work the problems. "That's correct. See it's simple and with stuff like this you could move up in math classes" though that was just Onyx's thing, he hated not to be challenged when it came to school but that and he wanted to be finished with it quickly. If he could get through all his school and graduate with high remarks then he could finish college soon and get the hell away from this family. That was the deal with his mother if Onyx couldn't change her mind, he would have to complete high school and his first years of college before she would trust him to go out on his own. "For all the problems that say solve for x you follow that same pattern and you'll pass no problem. Is there anything else you need help with?"

"Moving up in classes..." Kellan wrinkled his nose at the thought, "Yeah let's leave that to you." He could only assume Onyx had no problems in his AP Calc class, how he could be so damn smart was beyond him. Kellan took the worksheet back and got to working out the problems, finding it all really the same concept as his brother had said. He glanced up at Onyx and shook his head quickly. "That's it for tonight. Tomorrow though..." He glanced off to the side, figuring Onyx got that he'd probably need attention again. "Yeah, anyway, you don't have to hang around." Kellan shrugged, chewing his lip before refocusing his attention on his math, assuming his brother would go off to do...whatever it is he did in his free time.

Onyx smiled at his brother taking one more sip of his water and almost pulled a sick face at the liquid. So it didn't taste like he wanted but it was better then nothing, at least it didn't make him sick. He pushed the glass away from him and then got out of the chair "You have fun with that now...oh and I will text you for where you will meet me later" he said and leaned over patting his brother on the head just as a sick gesture "You father gave me your number in hopes of us being friends" he told Kellan though his father really hadn't given him the number, Onyx would just get it from his mother before he left the house. One last look at his brother and then he made his way upstairs to change into his clothes for that evening. Maybe he would go hunting before the party with his buddies. Or just stalk the house watching his brother till he was ready to call upon Kellan for his body. But he also wanted to go upstairs to book a room for them at a hotel just like Kellan had said, they couldn't do it at the house but at a hotel Onyx could be as loud as he wanted and make his brother scream.

Kellan observed his brother with the water...if it didn't taste well to him, why'd he drink it? He didn't know if vampires needed that kind of thing, but eh, whatever. "Got it." He bristled at the mention of meeting him later on and fought not to snap at his hand when he patted his head. While the more dog like side of him didn't find the action unwelcome, he knew Onyx meant it in a degrading way. He growled quietly as Onyx left with the notion that his father gave him the number though that made things slightly easier with their arrangement. He just needed to figure out where he left the thing first considering he rarely used it. A moment or so later Kellan jumped up and headed upstairs to his room to scavenge his phone. Once he'd found it tossed carelessly under his bed he stuffed it in his pocket, making his way back downstairs and to the kitchen to find something else to eat. Kellan was hungry about 90% of the time, plus his math could wait a few more minutes. He was pretty sure he had awhile before he'd receive Onyx's text.

Onyx walked over to his laptop and turned it on. There was nothing new that popped up so he was happy about that and then he started to surface around the net to find a good enough hotel to take his brother too. He wasn't sure what kind of hotel he wanted to use but then he realized that he had his pick of them because the gang and him were going to be downtown later that night. "That works out well" he thought out loud and decided on a nice hotel though it wasn't the most expensive, he didn't have that much money "Awe my little boy is growing up. Do you have a date tonight?" Onyx heard over his shoulder and he rolled his eyes. That voice could only be his mother's and he looked over his shoulder "Yes I do so my phone is going to be off later tonight...oh yea can I get Kellan's cell number" he explained to his mother and then closed his laptop as he got out of his desk chair "Are you two planning something?" "Not really. I'm helping him with math homework and I told him if he had any questions he could call me" Onyx told her and a huge smile was planted on her face "See I told you that they aren't so bad" His mother tried to make it out to be more then what it really was "It's not like that. We came to an agreement of exchange of services" His mother gave him a hug and patted him on the back "Call it what you want but you two are spending time together, that's all that matters. Here you go" his mother told him and then wrote the number down. "Thanks. Now would you go I need to change for tonight" Onyx pushed his mother out of his room and started to shuffle through the few things that he had brought with him to pick out something nice.

Three sandwiches and a bag of chips later, Kellan sauntered off to finish his homework. After sitting back down he seemingly breezed right through the rest of his worksheet though it took him a bit of time before he finally finished. He pulled his things into a decent pile before dropping them into his bag and laying it by the couch, where he decided to lay himself down. On the other sofa was Lily partially curled up and sleeping soundly, probably having fell asleep watching a movie or something.

Kellan switched off the tv before rolling onto his side and using his arm as a pillow then shut his eyes. His stomach was full and he didn't have much else to do so getting a little extra sleep seemed favorable. He thought about going to get Onyx's number since he already had his, but he didn't want to bother the guy much more just in case he decided to call off their deal.

Onyx decided on a pair of new dark jeans that curved his body nicely even though he was a guy and a button down navy blue shirt but left it untucked to hang lose around his waist. He looked himself over in the small mirror that was attached to his dresser, Onyx messed with his hair a little bit so that it fell just right over his ears and forehead and then headed for the door. Before leaving his room he stopped and leaned over to his bed grabbing a thick black trench coat off his bed, then grabbed his wallet and sunglasses off his desk. Onyx slipped his wallet into his back pocket and slung his coat over his shoulders as he walked down the stairs. At the bottom of the stairs he slipped his arms into the sleeves and replaced his sunglasses over his eyes. Onyx was expecting more noise in the house since he lived with a bunch of dogs now but there was nothing but steady breathing.

Onyx looked over at he living room and smiled slightly when his eyes landed on Lily's sleeping form and then over at Kellan, now that was just sad. "Aren't you two just adorable" Onyx commented and then headed out the front door "Hey" Onyx pulled his phone out of his pocket just as he got to the front door "I'll be there soon, stupid mother moved us again....I know. Don't worry you wont be waiting long...oh just can it already!" Onyx hissed into his phone and then hung up heading out of the house. He hiked the collar of his coat around his neck and pushed up his shoulders to prevent anymore sun light from hitting him, though lucky for him the sun was going down so he wouldn't have to deal with it much longer.

Kellan was falling into unconsciousness by the time Onyx had mad his way downstairs to leave, though he was able to catch most of the conversation his brother was having as he went out the door. He didn't sound happy...where was he going? Kellan groaned and rolled over again, throwing an arm over his face and reminding himself he could give less of a damn where that bloodsucker was headed off to. With that thought he squeezed his eyes shut and was drifting off into sleep a moment later and snoring softly.

He awoke sometime later to his little shaking him and prodding him in the side. "Kellan, Kellllllan." Lily jabbed him in the side roughly. "Do you know where Onyx went? He's been gone for a long time." Kellan squinted his eyes open and sat up with a grumble as he peered at her. "Why does it matter? It's only been a few hours, vampires like the nighttime anyway I'm pretty sure." She made a face and placed her hands on her hips. "Call him! If we're going to be good siblings, we should check in." He scoffed but stood up anyway, then started to leave the room. "You're being ridiculous...but I'll call just this once." Plus, he was supposed to meet him at some point anyway. Not that he knew exactly when that was...but whatever. Kellan sought out Onyx's mother, retrieved his number from the woman who was smiling at him oddly in return...he headed back downstairs as he dialed his brother and put the phone to his ear, waiting for the other to pick up.

By the time Onyx made it to the city it was dark and he had let his coat hang open, he even unbuttoned his shirt a little bit to soak of the moon shine. It felt great on his skin and was quite relaxed by the time he caught up with the group. "It's about time Onyx, the girls were getting restless" someone hollered at him as he came jogging up to a rather large group "And when did we start catering to females?" He questioned and stopped right in front of his friends. The chatted for a little bit and then headed off to the party though that activity didn't last long and they found themselves in a bar with the girls up on stage signing. Onyx and the guys just rested back drinking and talking a lot of crap.

Onyx didn't care about the time but somewhere around his fifth drink his phone started to vibrate. He pulled it from his pocket knowing that it wasn't his mother but looked at the ID anyways. His brows knitted together in confusion and slowly got up from the booth "and where are you going?" Someone asked and he just glared at the owner of the voice "Shut up Patrick" was all he said and walked out of the bar into the smoking area "I told you that I would be texting you where you were supposed to meet me. Why are you calling?" Onyx slightly hissed into his phone once he answered it.

Kellan frowned when Onyx answered, dropping back onto the couch and waving Lily away. She of course refused to leave and just sat down on the opposite couch staring at him expectantly with her arms crossed. "I know what you said, I'm not stupid." He barked into the phone and forced the next few words out. "Where are you? You're fine, aren't you?" He rubbed the back of his neck at how awkward he probably sounded. "Lily wanted me to call and check on you, alright?" He eye'd the their sister smiling and nodding appreciately at him. "And before you even ask, no, I do not know why she didn't call you herself." In response she only gave a quiet 'hmph.'

He chuckled a little bit and some people looked at him because his laugh didn't sound normal but it was just so thrilling to hear that bark in his brother's voice. Onyx listened to Kellan ramble about something along the line of being ok and was confused by that but understood when Kellan mentioned Lily. She was a sweet little girl but she would learn not to cling to him too much. Onyx didn't mind being a big brother to her but he would not get wrapped up in her life or allow her to be apart of his. "Alright, well tell her I'm fine and to stop worrying about me" he told Kellan and then shifted on his feet to head back inside "Oh and since we're on the phone. Roosevelt hotel two hours, there'll be a room key waiting for you at the front desk" with that said he hung up the phone with nothing else said.

Onyx walked back inside to find that there was another round of drinks on the table for them and a few shots. "So what was that bout?" Patrick asked as he sat back down at the booth "I've got a hot little honey meeting me later" Onyx finally said and he picked up the new drink and turned to watch the girls as they continued to sing even though Patrick tried to get more information out of him.