Bite-Hooker 'Ell

Kirin returned with a dark mug that hid the contents of the cup, taking a slow sip before putting on a disgusted face. Quickly she downed the rest of it looking green as she rushed back into the kitchen and hurled it up into the sink. Even though her body demanded it, even after all this time, she still felt the disgust of having to drink it. Tears came to her eyes and she sank to the floor, head resting against the cabinets. God she hated her life. It was horrible and not right that she should be put through this.

Alarie looked up from where she had been studying the dust motes and realized that Kirin-pretty had gone and thrown up the blood she had just drank. Hissing in disgust at the unknown vampire who had allowed his donor to become Hooked, she placed the book down and materialized next to Kirin in the kitchen.
Speaking in a low and steady voice, Alarie softly ran a hand down the human's arm. When Kirin still sobbed, she gave a high pitched whine and called Beta for help.
Eventually Beta spoke to her but he could only offer his advice to stay calm and be there for her because he could not come into the rooms withou permission. Alarie whimpered again and then fell into a silent vigil beside Kirin, ready to wait her out.

Kirin hadn't even flinched when Kirin had appeared. In fact, she'd turned to the vampire and curled into a small ball against her. She simply cried. She didn't speak, she didn't explain, she just sat there and cried for a good long time until at long last she fell silent. Even then she didn't look at the vampire before her,simply held her shirt in fists and trembled. "I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't have lost control like that. I'mn ot normally this-this way," she finally whispered.

Alarie shook her head. "No it's not your fault. You had a royal ass for a receiver, who didn't take to time to make sure that his donor was properly taken care of. Jerks like that shouldn't be allowed to...take on thralls, I guess is the phrase but its not what I mean."
Alarie shifted so that Kirin was siting in her lap with her face turned towards the ground, hidin the delicious looking neck from temptation.
"When a donor is chosen, there is usually a lengthy process and registration for the vampires. It's not so complicated for the humans, just the blood type and STD check."
For the vampire, there are numerous checks into their lives as humans and vampires, as well as multiple interviews and stacks of hard copy done in triplicate. A vampire must be able to provide for their thrall, or donor, not based off of what the coven funds as a whole are. There are necessary chemicals that a vampire must make naturally to provide an equally beneficial trade between thrall and vampire bthe thrall provides sustenance for their vampire and in return the thrall is guaranteed full healing of injuries inflicted during feeding, heightened speed and scenting and occasionally the vampire may grant their partner some of the more supernatural abilities."
Alarie continued. "It's perfectly fine for you to be upset with this. You got one if the most douchey guys out there, and I promise that as a friend, he will not touch you again unless you specifically and intentionally allow him to."
Alarie continued a stream of chatter as Kirin continued to rally her physical reserves.

(Good god this is long!)

Kirin gave a small smile before shaking her head after the woman stopped speaking for a moment. "It wasn't a guy. And we weren't doner and vampire. I was her girlfriend. She started biting me when we had sex and it got carried away after that. She was the leader of a coven so she didn't answer to anyone else. As long as know one knew what was happening, no one cared about how often I was being drained," she said softly as she pulled her legs close to her chest. "I ended up losing most of my color and being totally hooked withiin a month of dating her. Took me five years to get away and it's been three years since then."

Alarie stared at the whitette in shock. It had been five years of what sounded akin to near constant draining, and then for the woman to be back on her feet and going to a inter-species college...it took immense will-power to do that. "But even then, she didn't bother to heal your wound? I mean, I won't ever be allowed to take a thrall, but even I know the basics of feeding after-care."

Kirin looked up at the woman--vampire and pulled away. Slowly she crawled so that she was not in the woman's lap but sitting in front of her. For some reason the comforting had taken the edge out of the woman's system. Kirin slowly pulled her hair out of the way and pulled down the neckline of her shirt to reveal just the beginning of scars along her neck and shoulder. "At the time I didn't care. She was biting me, giving me what I needed, a fix. Two years of it was just a blur of two things--life waiting for her to bite me again and life being bitten," Kirin said with a small, sad smile.

ALarie looked sharply at the scars that were peeking out of the neckline. "Is it just the one side, or did she not care which vein she took from?" She was sitting in a tight wound coil. It was not right that the Alpha she had gone to had taken advantage of Kirin-pretty like that.

Kirin looked at the woman and then away. Silently she simply pulled the shirt off, leaving herself in a bra alone, revealing the scars that littered her body. Next she rolled up the baggy pants to reveal bite marks that were on the inside of her thighs. "Now do you see why I didn't want you near me?Why it's so hard to be here? Some of your kind--they don't care. And you can't tell which are which until it's too late."

Alarie swallowed hard against the lump in her throat. There were so many scars that covered Kirin's body that it was more scar tissue than skin. She looked aside. "I know that my kind is rough and complete idiots. And yes, I rationally know that you are an immensely stubborn young woman who will go for what she wants." Swallowing again Alarie continued.
"I have similar scars from dominance fights, where I had to prove that I deserved to be trained directly under Beta. My fangs are of an almost useless size. At most I can slice open my skin to aid in healing, but that's about it. I learned to be stronger in areas most vampires don't bother in looking at, and you have that same strength in you." ALarie shifted and looked away, embarrassed that she had revealed so many of her personal strengths and weaknesses.

Kirin looked away and then reached up, using the sink to pull herself up. Silently she went to the refrigerator "At least you are one hundred present something. Me. I'm half human and half vampire. I'm not even normal in Bite-Hooker status. I have quicker agility, no color in my hair. I must drink blood to keep myself filled with it because my body became so used to living off a small amount that I'm increasingly anemic," she said softly. "Even if you can't bite others well. At least you are all vampire. I'm a creature that was never meant to exist." She pulled another blood bag out since the one she'd been using was no longer usable She looked over at the woman and then tore it open and forced herself to put the bag to her lips and tilt her head back, letting the foul, disgusting blood to slide down her throat, eyes tightening as her body tried to reject it.

Alarie stood when Kirin pulled herself up using the sink. Eyes sharp and watchful, she was able to detect when Kirin's body started to reject the blood. Swearing under her breath and praying that what she theorized was true, Alarie pricked her thumb with one of her kitten-fangs and placed the dribble of blood at Kirin's lips. "Just lick. If I'm thinking right, then it'll help, I promise." She looked pleadingly at the other woman.

Kirin's head nearly jerked away at the feel of the vampire getting closer. Her heart started to pound at how close she was before she very hesitantly reached her tongue out to run it along the path of the blood, her eyes never leaving Alarie's face. This was really bad. If she got hooked again it would be her own falt for allowing herself to get too close to a vampire. "What do you think it'll do?" she asked.

Alarie grimaced. "If what I'm thinking is right, then you might be turning into a dhampir. There are books in Beta's library that reference a warrior people that stand in the balance between vampire and human. Usually the difference is apparent from birth, but there are an even fewer people who have the capability of crossing the line in their later years, and then even less of those who experience the right combination to make the change.
"My blood is supposed to ease the change that starts with a slight dislike of blood and then the aversion continues until it is nearly impossible for the human to consume human blood." Alarie shrugged. "That's what his books said, and I only skimmed them before setting them aside for those more practical for a full-vampire."
She studied her companion's face for any sign of emotion other than flight or fight.

The woman wanted to jerk away but the blood that she tasted was so different and her stomach was settling even from the few small drops. "I've never heard of sucha creature. i thouht there were only vampires and humans Why would I be changing? I never took enough vvampire blood before to change completely. Why would i change now?"

Alarie sighed and absently sucked on her thumb, laving the chemicals from her fangs to stop the bleeding. "See, I don't know. That's the problem with dhampirs. Human's haven't heard of them, most vampires think them myth, and there is almost no documentation. The largest collection is at Brawnig Manor, where my coven lives, and thats' because both Beta and I and sometimes my Sire enjoy researching the archaic and legend of our world." Shifting her weight Alarie removed her thumb from her mouth and inspected it.
"You are more than welcome to come and look for books with me, but that's only if you trusted and believed that I could protect you."

The woman stood there, watching the vampire. Could she trust the creatures? No. That was obvious. But did she dare it? if she was becoming something different wouldn't it be good to know it.

It was then that the pain hit. She gasped as her stomach both tried to revolt and roll over on its side. She reached out for the woman, gripping her shirt as her legs gave out. She whimpered and tried to make a fist to punch the woman. "W-What did you--" she started to ask before her eyes rolled back into her eyes and she went limp. Her system was trying to cope with the blood she'd drank and the vampire's blood that was offering the relief and having a hard time at it.

"Son of a-" Alarie managed to grab Kirin's head before she knocked it on the ground an cracked her skull open. Placing her across her lap, Alarie held Kirin tightly as Kirin unconsciously whimpered. "I'm sorry sweetheart but you gotta get through this one on your own, I can tell that much."
Alarie settled in for the long haul of the might determined to watch this lovely person and protect her.

Kirin's body went through stages. First there was the whimpering, jerking randomly stage. Then she was perfectly still breathes coming every other minute, not second. Last of all there was the stage where she finally opened her eyes and stared above her near dawn. When she moved her entire body gave off one loud crack that went up and down her body. Moaning at the feeling, she put a hand to her head and looked about, only to find herself staring in Alarie's face. She jumped clean across the room to land cat-like on her hands and feet, staring in shock at the wom-vampire. "What the bloody hell just happened?"

Alarie looked at Kirin in appreciation. The girl had obviously been changed, and it looked to be for the better. "I told you, I don't know all that much about dhampirs. All the books are at the mansion, and you would likely need some sort of sponsor to get anywhere near them." She held out her hand. "Trust me, and I'll help you."