Bite-Hooker 'Ell

Kirin remained with her back tot he door for several moments, eyes tightly shut as she waited for the enevitable. "Come on in A-Alarie right?" she said, voice quivering. She knew the legends. She knew that once she asked a vampire entrance they could enter any time day or night without ever having to ask again. It frightened her, but at the same time she wanted to get the project done. Keeping her jacket on she went and grabbed her own notepad and opened to a fresh page. "Do you need anything of me--I mean!" she squeaked after she realized how it sounded. "I mean you said that sweaters were out because you couldn't get the torso right. Is this jacket okay?"

Alarie nodded. "The jacket's fine. I was having problems getting the definition of your torso." She settled on the chair that sat by the window and started sketching. Pretty had her hair up-swept and the jacket and jeans that she was wearing were very flattering for her figure. Scrunching down in the over-stuffed chair, Alarie tapped her pencil on her eye teeth as she decided where to start. Maybe with the flare of Pretty's hip and the nice nip in where her waist was. Or maybe the more graceful arc where her neck met her shoulder. Bad Alarie. No traumatizing Kirin anymore tonight.

Kirin averted her gaze as she stood there grasping the notepad tightly against her chest before she settled herself down in a seat across from the vampire, leaving a good six feet between them. She could feel the vampire's gaze fly over her, lingering on parts of her that no one had dared look at as of late. "Sorry," she said without really knowing just what she was saying it for. The way she acted? For not giving the other the right ability to draw. Slowly she opened her own pad and pulled out a pencil that she'd stuck behind her ear after her earlier artistic run through paper. Tapping her bottom lip for a moment she decided to start over and opened to a new page and began to sketch. "S-So I th-think I should thank you for, um, saving me last night. That was-was nice of you."

Alarie nodded. "You're welcome. I generally don't like leaving friends in a lurch, especially with those guys." She rolled her eyes. "They're all just brutes and bullies who can't go and look for prey that has a better chance of surviving a feeding." She flushed. "Not that I don't think that you can't survive a feeding, but most of us prefer a willing volunteer. And given that you are a clean 'Hooker," She shrugged. "No offence intended."
Alarie focused on getting the lines of Kirin's torso right, scowling when the jacket still provided a bit of interference with the flow of line.

Kirin's hand jerked so bad that she left a deep mark on the paper, destroying her attempt at drawing the vampire. "Given that I'm--" she stated, her gaze slowly raising to look at the vampire. "Ho-How dare you!" She stood up and walked forward, hand raising in an impending slap that wound have made any human flinch before she stopped realizing just how close she had gotten to the vampire. She froze for a few moments before she lowered her hand and she simply glared at the woman. "How dare you assume what I am or am not, have or have not been. Get done with that drawing of yours and get out. I don't appreciate practical strangers pretending to know all about me."

Alarie looked up in shock and then could have slapped herself. "Sorry, my mouth tends to run away with me. I apologize for offending you and I'll be gone soon enough." She huddled down further in the chair, making herself a smaller target. Kirin would have made a rather imposing vampire, one who would have likely over-powered the youngest vampire with hardly-there kitten fangs. Finishing off the basic outline of Pretty's silhouette, she slid open the window and misted away.

Kirin was trembling with embarrassment as she waited for the vampire to finish before she sat down and closed her eyes. For some strange reason she felt bad for the way she had acted. When the wind from the window hit her, she looked away quick enough to see the vampire mist away. She closed her eyes and shuddered again before she went and was about to close the window until she simply sat down and looked out. The campus was so busy even at night. She watched as vampire flitted around in a variety of different ways that all made her skin crawl. Closing the window after a time, she turned to sleep but could not. Instead she got her notebook and opened to a fresh new page. As she tried to figure something to draw, she found her mind coming back to the vampire and she began to draw.

By the dusk the next day her drawing had shifted into color and she found herself entering the classroom with a fully colored image of Alarie that was nothing like the project asked for. Groaning she sat down in the seat she had the first day and noticed that all of the vampires were not looking at her at all, as if she were some kind of speck of dust that wasn't important enough to give the time of day. She would need to begin again and hope that the shirt she'd worn would do about the best about her torso. While it still covered all her skin it was a bit tighter than normal, revealing her somewhat decent chest and slim stomach. She'd been stared at all day and she just wanted it to stop.

ALarie hid in her room for the rest of the night and then further into the day than was recommended. Beta showed up again, not saying anything, just being there for her. Kirin-pretty was likely to be extremely angry with her for a long time. After a while, everything came pouring out of her. Beta sat there and listened until Alarie had run out of words. Then, sitting very still, he said, "You have already said those things. It does you no good to sulk in the dark. Be a brave kitten," here he turned and chucked her under her chin, "and go and show your human that she was wrong about you." ALarie nodded and then went out and found a volunteer for her dinner.

Some fo the other vampires in her coven and others not in the coven had stopped to ask her if she was claiming the pale human as hers, or if she was available to be approached for feedings. She growled at all of them and stormed away, almost to be late to her art class, but with enough time to look for and realize that Kirin-pretty was still mad at her. That, and she now understood why everyone had asked if Kirin -pretty was available; she was wearing more flattering clothes than she had in the entire semester.

Kirin shifted a bit in her seat as she felt Alarie near her seat. She bit her bottom lip and flipped from the colored page quick so that the other vampire wouldn't seen it. When the teacher told them to begin work with each other, she slowly turned to the vampire and shifted a bit again uncomfortably before looking back up at her. "I am sorry for my behavior last evening," she said very slowly. "I'm not used to your kind any more and-and forgot that you can sense that kind of thing sometimes. I-I hope that we might try again so I can get your sketch done. I saw yesterday you were still having trouble so-so I tried to choose something that would help." She was stumbling over her words as fear hit her. What if the vampire wouldn't forgive her and leave her to fail the assignment?

Alarie sat in still in surprise. Why was Kirin-pretty apologizing to her? "That shirt works." And the shirt really did flatter her. It was nipped in at the waist and moulded to her torso in an extremely attractive way. Pulling her eyes away to her pad, Alarie sighed. "I owe you an apology as well. I was out of line in just telling you what I had sensed and the others in the coven had been ragging me about the altercation," there was no need to ask which altercation, "and my temper was a bit short."
Alarie really had been working on her temper, seeing as the other vampires outside of the coven teased ehr about the size of her fangs and made crass remarks about how her diet was made of blood bags from the local blood drive for vampires who chose to live that way. It wasn't that she couldn't provide the endorphins that came with the bite to make it more enjoyable for her volunteer, but her fangs were not physically capable of pulling enough blood out of a human to sustain her.
"I would be honored if you would allow me to continue to work with you." Alarie placed her wrist over her heart and gave Kirin a small bow of respect.

The woman's eyes widened as the vampire bowed to her--her of all people. She blushed and looked away for a moment before turning to stare at the vampire as her hand once again began to move, this time slow, taking in everything about the vampire so that she could perfect the image for the assignment. It hit her that she wanted to do this drawing and in truth, she wanted to draw more than she had in a long time of a subject that would never be easy to draw. There were so many things that change the way the vampire pictures would come out--fangs, no fangs, hair, perfection, eyes that seemed to away shift and look at many different things at the same time.

Before she knew it she had finished sketching the outline and then began to focus on different areas of the vampire's face. For this she bent forward and would look up and down multiple times as she drew and erased many times as she focused. But one thing she didn't notice was that her shirt dipped as she bent forward, revealing just the hint of her cleavage. She was too busy trying to get the perfection down before it changed again. "D-Do you draw often?" she asked after a time, figuring it would make things less tense if they were talking.

Alarie smiled at her Kirin-pretty. She didn't know for certain what had caused the change in atmosphere between them, but she was pretty certain that it had to do with the respectful bow she had given the other woman. Ducking her head , Alarie returned to her sketchbook. After a while Kirin spoke up.
"Hm? Oh sorry. Head in the clouds. I took this class because Beta was tired of me moping around the house and it was something that I had talent in as a...before. So I decided that it was a decent choice. What about you?"
She looked up from her pad and her breath was caught as Alarie was treated to a straight shot down the front of Kirin's shirt. She gulped and swung her eyes back to her sketchpad, a light bush making it's way over her ears and the bridge of her nose.

Kirin blinked as she drew in the nose and then the lips before looking back up. "Well you do have a talent," she admitted, before she looked back down and started down lower on the picture, skipping the chest area all together to save it for last. "You are part of a coven then? I've only ever heard someone called a Beta if they were--" She cut herself off and looked up at Alarie and then at the rest of the class before she fell silent and focused only on the drawing. Her old wounds burned in embarrassment just under her shirt where they hid. She rolled her shoulders in a shrug and blinked as the teacher told them that the class was over with and that the could leave if they wanted. Kirin put away her notepad and looked at Alarie for a few moments before standing. "If you are free later this evening perhaps we could give finishing this off one last try? I need to study for a few classes so I'll be in the library for most of the evening until they close."

ALarie nodded, fiercely willing her blush down. On a being as pale as she was, any hint of color was an immediate gimmie. "Yeah that'll work." Her cell phone buzzed then and she pulled it out before making a scowl. "Actually, would you mind terribly if I came with you? Beta has forced me to stay out of the house until tomorrow, when I go and pick up my blood bags for my bi-weekly feeding." She was fiddling with her bag and sunglasses, nervous that she would have to go and find some entertainment.

Kirin's eyes widened and she looked away,trying not to focus on any of the later part too hard. "T-That's fine," she stammered as she rose and turned away, leaving the class slowly, keeping at least two feet between her and any of the other vampires that were leaving, ignoring the looks she received as she hugged her sketchbook tightly to her chest. "O-On the other hand, mind if we stop at my dorm first? I-I would really like to get out of this shirt, if you don't mind."

Alarie stood and followed Kirin-pretty out of the art room, a sub-sonic growl rumbling in her chest. She didn't like how the other vampires were looking at her human friend, but she couldn't make an overt statement without there being questions asked by Kirin. Walking, beside the pale human, Alarie was content to warn off any of the vampires who decided to get too close or who were paying Kirin more attention Han she was used to.

Kirin walked quickly, using small bursts of speed when vampire groups got too close to her to speed by them. It wasn't enough to let anyone know her past, but just enough to make it so she was by them without having to deal with their looks because she was gone before they really got a good look to process what they saw. When she got to her dorm she went up to her room and dropped her bag off on her bed. Grabbing a pair of baggy pants, she hesitated and looked back at Alarie. "Will you need to work on my chest any more?" she inquired, wanting to know if it would be okay to take her shirt off and change or not.

Alarie nodded as she left Kirin to do her stuff. "Yeah I'm done and it wasn't just your chest it was the entire torso." Wandering around the front area of Kirin's apartment she noticed that there weren't as many personal trinkets or pictures. For a vampire, the lack was understandable. The lens of the camera placed the filter between the vampires and the eye, so that the vampires were not visible.

THe girl changed quickly in a locked bathroom, pulling on her baggy clothes with a comfortable sigh. As she walked out she felt the hunger in her stomach that had never really been quenched. Closing her eyes, she stumbled out of the hallway and moved towards her kitchen with hatred. Pulling out the smallest blood bag she had in her refrigerator she looked at another and then stepped away and into the front room. "You hungry?" she asked, holding the blood bags up. "You'll have to forgive me but my past requires an occasional drink."

Alarie looked at the bag in Kirin's hand. It was almost time for her to go and feed, but she wasn't experiencing any of the hunger pangs. "No, I'm good, but thanks." She watched as the pretty human shrugged and disappeared back into the kitchen. Sighing and then settling gingerly on the edge of the couch, Alarie pulled out her sketchbook and idly started doodling.
It really wasn't fair for the poor girl to have to suffer through being a Hooker, and even just thinking about the bastard who had disregarded the guidelines that his Patriarch had likely given was enough to make her pencil groan from the pressure she was placing on it.