Bioshock Infinite Developer shuts down.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Infinite just didn't sell as well as people had hoped, for one thing. For another, if I remember correctly, the franchise itself hasn't been shelved, so fans can rest easy for now. I'm sure there's more to come.

For what it's worth though, and this is just personal opinion so feel free to disregard, the first game was just extremely meh. It was very very brown, for one thing. I actually took screenshots and color corrected them in Photoshop. It's like night and day. The game was promised to be some kind of philosophical take on morality or something with some shooty bits stuck in it, but it turned out to simply be a borderline horror/dystopian FPS game with a black and white simplistic illusion of choice mechanic tacked on.

I haven't played Infinite, but if you look past the hype -- of which there's plenty -- I'm led to understand that not only is it as simplisticly done as the first game with extremely linear gameplay broken up by repetitive combat. The fact that this was something completely different from what was shown to us at things like E3 that it borders on Molyneux levels of unrealized promises and fan expectations. It was honestly such a difference between what was shown before launch and what we got that I was honestly a little surprised that there wasn't a class action lawsuit against those guys like the one that went after Sega's Aliens: Colonial Marines.

Status
Not open for further replies.