- Roleplay Invitations
- Group Roleplays, One on One Roleplays, Private Convo Roleplays
- Posting Speed
- A Few Posts a Week, One Post a Week, Slow As Molasses
- Writing Levels
- Adept, Advanced, Prestige, Douche, Adaptable
- Genders You Prefer Playing
- Androgynous, Primarily Prefer Male
- Playing Style- Passive or Aggressive
- Both is fine, though I'm comfortable as Aggressive. I don't stop coming up with ideas and am happy to shut up or throw my lot in. Whatever is needed.
- Favorite Genres
- Science Fiction, Historical, Modern, Fantasy, Horrour, Alternate Reality... Surprise me! If there's a chance for character development a great story, I'm probably game.
- Genre You DON'T Like
- Yaoi, Furry, too Romance centered... I'm drawn to weaving a larger story with tons of character development. I know that's possible in these, but they're just too soft for me to really dive into.
Big Iron, Dead Men
"Gather round folks, gather round. Got word from Sheriff's boys out west," hollered the man, stepping onto a small crate. "The dangerous, bloodthirsty fugitive known as Iron Clad Carl has been driven off. Some twenty miles west of town the lawmen confronted Iron Clad Carl and his gang with rifles, pistols, and a whole lotta grit. Now the gang fought hard, cruelly the ended the lives of two of our own, but Sheriff himself took down six. Bloody-nosed and beaten down, the coward Carl fled. Sheriff's boys'll be back in a day's time and I do believe they deserve our thanks. Those lookin' to help plan the festivities should talk to the barkeep. Thank you much and God bless Colorado."
While the townsfolk disassembled many turned glanced toward a woman standing in the crowd. She wore her hair long, woven into thick braids, a style popular among some former slaves. Yet, it wasn't for her hair that the people looked to her, but the shimmer in her eye. That knowing, almost magical look brought men and women of all kinds to her door seeking answers from beyond. The glancing from the crowd? Her next round of customers.
Big Iron, Dead Men begins with each player encountering the resident spiritualist, a former slave known as Mama Dumsor. How and what your character pulls from the meeting is up to you, however, this is a fateful moment. This meeting sparks and adventure that will change their lives as well as those in the community.
As you may have gathered, this roleplay will have elements of fantasy. The world is full of mystery and there's much to be discovered, who's to say what does and doesn't exist in this big, wide world? This game is for you if you enjoy a relatively grounded experience with traces of the fantastical and surreal cropping up. I've drawn inspiration from Red Dead Redemption, American folktales like Pecos Bill, and stories written about the spiritualist movement from this era.
Set in Colorado Territory during the Fall of 1870, Big Iron, Dead Men explores the growing tensions in a post-Civil War town. Wolfpine is a two-day ride north of Denver. Its people are made up of all kinds: long-timers who arrived during the Gold Rush a decade ago, those who worked on the Denver Railroad turned farmers and shopkeeps, and expeditionists with eyes to the west. Less wholesome types like spiritualists and bandits have also made their presence felt as well.
The story will take place in and around Wolfspine. More of the surrounding landscape will be detailed depending on player input, giving everyone a chance to shape this world with their background stories and plot ideas. Just remember, all things return to Wolfspine. It's a special place full of unique residents and mysteries to be discovered. Let's mine what we can before setting roots elsewhere.