Big Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz smiled and eagerly dug in. She loved it when her brother cooked for her. She smiled as she tasted the bacon and eggs, putting a bit of jam she had found on her toast.

Mack cleaned up everything and watched her eat while eating a bowl of cereal he snagged. "How is it Liz?"

"Amazing, spectacular, fantastic." Liz listed off between bites. "Aren't you going to have some?"

"Nah. You enjoy it. There'll be plenty of meals like that now that we're free." he replies almost as if they had escaped from prison.

Liz didn't comment and just continued eating. She loved the taste of the food, smiling.

Mack stood up and placed his bowl in the sink. "If you want you can take a shower first and I'll wash the dishes." he offered.

"Alright." Liz said, finishing up her meal and going to the bathroom. She picked up a couple of her clothes and her favorite shampoo and conditioner which she took from their parents. She started the shower and quickly started to wash herself off.

Mack began to wash the dishes and even though he was finally glad to be rid of their former guardians he wondered if they even noticed or cared that they were gone but then again even if they did they were three states away so it wouldn't matter.

As Liz showered, she also wondered what their parents were doing. She shuddered when she thought of what their dad would do to her if they found them. She finished up her shower and dried off, putting her clothes on.

Back at their home, their parents were talking to the police about their missing son. They said that they were worried their daughter had hurt their son and taken him away. The police nodded and started to send out the notice.

After washing and drying the dishes the next person Mack had to call was Jen who lived a in the next town over from their former home. He dialed her number and waited for her to pick up. She did and he asked what the situation was over there. She told him that the police were searching the town and no further and that the things that looked after them said that Liz was the one who took him away which doesn't seem to make any sense. Mack sighed, thanked her then told her to keep him in the loop so they'l know if they have to be on the move again. They both hung up afterwards and he pinched the bridge of his nose, feeling his anger rise again.

Liz walked out of the bathroom, her hair still wet. She noticed how angry he was. "What's wrong?" She asked, concerned.

"It's nothing Liz. I just remembered that I need to find a job to get some cash in our pockets" he replies which is a truthful lie since he really did need to find some work.

"Oh, well don't worry! I can find a job too! I'm sure there's a lot of places we could work." Liz said, smiling to try and cheer her brother up.

It was strange but her smile always seemed to make feel a bit better when things seemed crappy. "You're right but please don't try to overdo anything. For now let me find a job first and you just rest. You need to recover from all the crap you've been through. I'm just sorry we couldn't leave sooner." he says with a frown.

"It's fine, Mack. I just don't want you to overwork yourself either." Liz said, sitting down on the couch.

"Now when have I ever overworked myself?" he asked with a smile then patted her wet head with a smile.

"Too many times to count." Liz said, curling up on the couch.

Mack sighed and sat down on the couch next to her then began to rub her head and sing her favorite song that he had made up just for her. The words were random but they had a deep meaning and she understood them every time he sang it.

Liz smiled, falling asleep as she usually did when he sung that song for her.

Mack planted a kiss on her forehead as she fell asleep and continued to sing it so it cou.ld keep her bad experiences from manifesting themselves as nightmares. He found out that it always calmed her sleep when he was she slept

Status
Not open for further replies.