Big Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liz went right, as Mack had told her. She wondered where exactly it led. "Where are we going, Mack?" She asked as she went down the right tunnel.

Mack had caught up to her and simply said. "To a reliable friend." he says with a genuine smile and continues to walk behind her then collapses the tunnel to the dealership since they were going back ever again.

Liz reached the end of the tunnel and looked at Mack for further instructions.

mack got out after her and saw that the lights were still on. "Good he got the message. Cmon Liz." he say then takes her hand and walks upstairs since they entered through the basement once again. He looked for the right door then knocked on it. After a few seconds a tall black man came out of the room. "Hey there Damion. Parental escape mission" he says then Damion smirks and nods. He was a man of few words but he was always reliable to anyone he felt needed his help. He led them to the garage and parked by the garage door was a black Lexus. He handed Mack the keys and tapped him on the shoulder as if saying 'Good luck. To the both of you'. Mack nodded then looked at Liz and pointed at the car telling her to get in.

Liz nodded and got into the passenger seat, putting her bag down on the ground. She was still shaking slightly so she dug out her old stuffed animal and hugged it close to her chest, hoping it would bring her some comfort.

Mack got in the driver's seat then rubbed Liz's head then started the engine. Damion opened the garage door and then once t was fully open Mack stepped on the gas and flew out of the garage and onto the street. He turned on the radio to Liz's favorite station hoping to get her to take it easy since they'd be out of town in a few minutes now that they have a vehicle.

Liz calmed down slightly as she heard her favorite bands play and the radio people talk about pointless things. She sat back in her seat, taking a deep breath and letting it out. "We'll have to get jobs." She said, thinking of how they could possibly make it out in the world.

"Wrong. Liz there were some other kids from my orphanage who got adopted and swore they'd help me if I ever needed it. I'm calling in those favors now." he says then uses the custom car phone he had Damion install into the car for him then dialed one of his friends numbers. Ken was the first on the list and he had promised him that he'd help provide a place to stay if he ever needed it and since Ken was a few years older than him calling him was best thing to do first.

Liz looked confused as she watched her brother call Ken. She wondered who exactly these people were and if she could trust them. She snuggled her stuffed animal, looking tired and worn.

Ken answered the phone then he and Mack had a long talk. He introduced his sister who was too tired to talk to him but he assured her she was his sister then called in his favor and Ken happily obliged then hung up and got the place ready for them.

Liz was curled up in her seat, sleeping. She was holding her stuffed animal tightly to her chest and sleeping soundly.

Mack looked over at her and smiled the pulled over to the side of the road momentarily and covered her with a blanket that was in the back seat. "Sleep tight sis. We'll be starting a new life tomorrow." he says then gets back on the road and continues to drive.

Liz woke up with a crick in her neck as she sat up, wondering why they were in a car and why she wasn't bruised or bleeding.

"I see you're finally awake sis. Did you sleep well?" he asked, still driving, having driven all night.

"Mmhmm. Aren't you tired?" Liz asked, noticing the bags under his eyes.

Mack shakes his head and smiles at her then looked back at the road.

"It's not good to stay up for too long." Liz said, concerned for her older brother's health.

He chuckled then rubbed her head and yawned. "I'll be fine. We're almost there and I can sleep afterwards." he says then takes another sip of coffee he bought from a convenience store on the highway just to be able to finish the trip.

"Are you sure?" Liz asked. She didn't want her brother passing out in the middle of driving.

Mack simply nods as they finally enter the city where Ken lived. The place where they'd start anew far away from their poor excuses for parents if they can even be called that.

Status
Not open for further replies.