Big Brother

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Where are you going to go?" Liz asked. Of course she would go with Mack but she needed to know where he was going first.

"Wherever I want as long as it's not here or in this neighborhood. So are you going to come with me?" he asked facing her with a serious look.

"Of course." Liz said. "Why would I stay here?"

Mack shrugs then faces her completely. "We leave tonight. Get packed and meet me by the basement door under the stairs. I've been preparing for this for a while without them knowing."

Amber nodded and quietly ran to her room to get packed. She didn't have much, a few pairs of clothes and a couple books. She made sure to pack a small stuffed wiener dog that was blue. It was the only possession her birth parents had left her. She put it all in her backpack, emptying out anything unnecessary before walking to the basement door.

The time came and Mack walked up a little while after her, making sure their captors were asleep then unlocked the basement door and walked in after her. He grabbed two weapons off the wall for their own protection if they'd need it then showed her a hole in the wall he made that became a tunnel that led out to the city. They'd have to get a couple of supplies from in town before they left on their 'journey' and he knew it but decided not to tell her they were going to rob several stores before leaving completely.

Liz gulped at the weapons, hoping this wasn't some strange plan to kill her and sell her possessions, not like they'd get much money. She looked to him, waiting for him to lead the way. She wasn't sure what they were going to do but she had faith in her brother.

"Don't worry Liz. These are to protect you. I won't let anyone hurt you as long as I live and breathe." he says to reassure her then leads the way out after covering up the hole once she was inside.

Liz nodded and crawled through the hole, unsure of where to go. She felt a bit claustrophobic as she crawled through the space, never been in such a small space before. It scared her.

"I know it's kinda small but bare with it for while." he says then turned on a flashlight and continued to lead the way since it only gets darker from here.

Liz nodded and followed, crawling through. "Hey, Mack? Can people hear us when we crawl through here?"

"I hope not. I dug deep enough so no one would be able to hear us. It shouldn't be much longer now." he says with a smile then continues to lead them forward.

"Hey Mack... you know those times that Mom and Dad wanted to talk to me alone so they sent you off to do errands?" Liz asked, crawling forward.

"Yeah? What about em?" he asked, more curious about what she'd say than anything.

"You know how Dad always had this weird satisfied look and Mom would look guilty and disgusted?" Liz asked, hoping he'd get it so that she didn't have to continue. She wanted to curl up right there, but they had to keep moving.

"Please don't say anything more. I should've known that's what it was. I was the only other one in the house who knew how to use a gun and dad probably knew I'd kill him if he ever found out" he says darkly with no hint of the kind person he was in his tone as he stopped but gave her the flashlight so she could keep going.

Liz nodded, holding back tears. It was strange seeing her brother like this. Then again, they were crawling through a hole that he made to get away from their parents who were utter failures as parents.

Mack took a deep breathe and screamed several swears in the direction of their former home then sighed and walked on to catch up to Liz since she wasn't too far ahead.

Liz shivered, hearing his screams. He had never sworn like that before at least in front of her. She continued to move forward, wondering where exactly they were going to go.

Mack had caught up with her and donned his normal look but behind that smile mask was a lot of pent up anger and hatred for the former parents that once lived with. After another hour or so of walking the end was near and there was a bright light at the end of the tunnel the only difference was this was the exit and not their final destination.

Status
Not open for further replies.